Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co  (Read 158714 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
Re: [GB] GMK Necro | Available on Originative.co
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 02:01:35 »
How were they? :D

Still don't have them  :(

Offline jessica

« Reply #301 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 12:18:45 »
So I got the new samples and they are absolutely wonderful.

I will try to get a good colour quality picture so you guys can see, but just know that the colours match the renders really well, specifically this one

Believe it or not, the green especially is super accurate. I think you'll all enjoy it :)

Offline Starius

« Reply #302 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 12:45:57 »
Excellent news! 

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 09:04:11 »
Oh, those are welcome news! Any photos? :)

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 16:55:40 »
woop woop. this is great news!
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline jessica

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 18:39:43 »

Pictures of the caps in as best of lighting as I can get.

Upon initial inspection, the blue looked like what I wanted but I checked it out in multiple lightings and I've decided I'm gonna request a slight change in colour for the lighter blue.

Though, every other colour is spot on, and absolutely beautiful, especially in person. The green is fantastic, the gray is the slight tint of blue gray colour I wanted it to be and the dark blue is really good. Dark enough for really good contrast but not too dark that it just looks black

I'll hopefully have a good update soon of the new blue in a week or 2 hopefully

Offline Starius

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 14 August 2018, 20:11:27 »
Show Image

Upon initial inspection, the blue looked like what I wanted but I checked it out in multiple lightings and I've decided I'm gonna request a slight change in colour for the lighter blue.

Though, every other colour is spot on, and absolutely beautiful, especially in person. The green is fantastic, the gray is the slight tint of blue gray colour I wanted it to be and the dark blue is really good. Dark enough for really good contrast but not too dark that it just looks black

I agree with you 100% on that assessment of colors. I'm glad you're not rushing into it with excitement and choosing the first sample right away (cause I know I easily could in your situation). Taking a bit of time and trying for a slightly different lighter shade of blue is a good idea.  It looks good, it looks close, but you're right - its just ever so off from your original color palette. 

That navy contrasting on top of the right shade of light blue though, that's going to look fantastic!
Thanks for sharing the samples!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 01:11:46 »
I would say the gray and lighter blue colors are off, the gray could be due to lighting, though. The light blue is actually light green according to the renders, so it's even on the wrong color scale to begin with. The gray worries me, too, as currently (according to camera shots which I understand aren't 100% accurate) all the modifiers backgrounds are the wrong color.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 August 2018, 01:21:56 by Emir »

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 09:47:54 »
Show Image

The blue looks off and throws off the entire color scheme imo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 August 2018, 19:01:48 by Nzo »

Offline jessica

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 14:14:19 »
Show Image

The blue looks off and throws off the entire color scheme imo.

Which is why I'm getting it redone it's like you didn't even read the update.

Offline jessica

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 14:16:39 »
I would say the gray and lighter blue colors are off, the gray could be due to lighting, though. The light blue is actually light green according to the renders, so it's even on the wrong color scale to begin with. The gray worries me, too, as currently (according to camera shots which I understand aren't 100% accurate) all the modifiers backgrounds are the wrong color.
Show Image

The gray is completely fine, it's not purple or whatever that colour is. I'll try to remember to get some pictures of it out in different lighting when I can

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 02:02:26 »
I am happy to hear that, and at the same time I hope you understand that I can only form an opinion based on the image posted by you. If you don't mention anything about it, such as "the gray came out a big X due to the lighting conditions" or something along those lines, then I am going to assume that you are satisfied with that purplish color. :)

I hope we get a more ghastly light green for contrast, if you're aiming for blue colors (which it seems like you are), then we aren't going to get something that matches the renders as they're different color scales as I mentioned earlier. On that note, I think a similar blue color might work too, though. :) Excited for the update in a week-ish time.

I know posting samples in threads such as these is double-edged, 1. you don't want to post inaccurate colors and have people be critical when they look different in real life, and 2. if you don't post anything then people get impatient. Thanks for the effort in any case! :)

Offline Starius

« Reply #312 on: Sat, 18 August 2018, 20:27:53 »
Heh heh heh... ahhh... its probably waaaaay to late to request a 2.00 shift key, isnt it? 

Hah... ahh hah... ahhhhhhh. 

Offline jessica

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 00:58:30 »
Heh heh heh... ahhh... its probably waaaaay to late to request a 2.00 shift key, isnt it? 

Hah... ahh hah... ahhhhhhh.
😬😬😬 only a couple months late 😬😬😬

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 18:15:16 »
Are we still on schedule for October?

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 08:48:20 »
Are the artisans still happening? Or was the raffle already run?

Offline jessica

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 17:45:39 »
Are the artisans still happening? Or was the raffle already run?

Artisans are still happening yah!

I don't know if the raffle happened yet, but I think it did.

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 12:47:11 »
Any updates?

Offline jessica

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 14:23:35 »
Any updates?

Just got the tracking number from GMK for the new blue. I guess there were holidays in Germany so the already long wait time for the samples was just exacerbated by holidays.

I should have the new blue tomorrow, though!

..I really hope it's what I want.. But I do appreciate everyone's patience on this, and I hope you can all understand that I'm taking no shortcuts with this set

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 15:20:07 »
Any updates?

Just got the tracking number from GMK for the new blue. I guess there were holidays in Germany so the already long wait time for the samples was just exacerbated by holidays.

..I really hope it's what I want.. But I do appreciate everyone's patience on this, and I hope you can all understand that I'm taking no shortcuts with this set

I mean, the render does not even sport a blue color, but Ok. Let's hope for the best...

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 15:57:13 »
Any updates?

I mean, the render does not even sport a blue color, but Ok. Let's hope for the best...

Enter and Arrow key's are all a light shade of blueish green or maybe bluish green grey.

Offline jessica

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 15:57:31 »

Sorry, what? There is a very definite blue in this set. It's used in the modifiers legends as well as accent keys with another, darker blue for legends on it.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 16:14:29 »

Sorry, what? There is a very definite blue in this set. It's used in the modifiers legends as well as accent keys with another, darker blue for legends on it.

There's a Navy which I think you got right, but there's no blue.

93D0D2 is not blue, as I showed above in multiple image examles, even with HEX.

Don't expect to get something that looks like the renders by searching for baby-/light blues, but you might be able to find a sample you like.

Pretty strange, considering that it's your own set, and you don't even realize that you're searching the wrong color scale.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 17:11:04 »
jesus this dude just wants to nit pick eh lol ffs

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 17:16:06 »

Uhm, what? Just trying to assist in any way I can to ensure that me, and everyone else that purchased Necro, actually get a product that somewhat resembles what we imagined we were paying for.

Literally, are you color blind? It's way off. That's not nitpicking a few degrees of a color being off, it's the completely wrong scale.

Do these look comparable to you, am I really nitpicking? Left is the sample, right is the official HEX for the render.

This sole color really makes or breaks the set, it's the one point of contrast - getting it wrong would ruin the set, in my personal opinion. It really worries me that jessica, somehow in his/hers mind, is set on finding some sort of baby blue; to my understanding.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 September 2018, 17:26:11 by Emir »

Offline smorc

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 17:27:00 »
Gmk plum v2 lul

Offline jessica

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 19:04:24 »

Uhm, what? Just trying to assist in any way I can to ensure that me, and everyone else that purchased Necro, actually get a product that somewhat resembles what we imagined we were paying for.

Literally, are you color blind? It's way off. That's not nitpicking a few degrees of a color being off, it's the completely wrong scale.

Do these look comparable to you, am I really nitpicking? Left is the sample, right is the official HEX for the render.
Show Image

This sole color really makes or breaks the set, it's the one point of contrast - getting it wrong would ruin the set, in my personal opinion. It really worries me that jessica, somehow in his/hers mind, is set on finding some sort of baby blue; to my understanding.

I got a bright, vibrant blue sample from GMK and turned it down because it was too blue. I had no clue that people (read: you) would obsess so heavily over word choice when the colour in the render is pretty obviously a greenish, blueish colour, hard to put a firm label on.

Plus, imagine me going around saying it's green, then you'd just be complaining that I'm not distinguishing it enough from the green of the alphas.

I know what colour it is, and I just describe it as blue because it's more blue than anything else in the set and my lord I thought that would be good enough.

Also, if you wanna get even more obnoxious, colours throughout languages are hard to clearly define too. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TtnD4jmCDQ this video by Tom Scott. In the title is literally the word 'Grue', which covers this exact topic.
So if it pleases you, this set capitalises on green and gray, while also utilising grue to really add some pop to it.

If you'd like to know the colour I have chosen for the latest batch of samples, I am using RAL 200 80 20 in the RAL Design catalog.
The closest hex value to that is #97D3D1, which is seen here

and for comparison, here is the colour used in the renders

Is this satisfactory? I had no clue someone could be so comprehensively illiterate to not understand that my choice to use 'blue' is a general term, while still being articulate enough to express their concerns.

Also, get the **** out of here saying 'his/her' here; I am a woman. Use the right pronouns since you're so god damn concerned with using the right words.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 19:51:48 »
in his/hers mind

Absolute twat. I'm told this was a language barrier issue and not a passive aggressive issue. Apologies.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 14:29:44 by Gajible »

Offline Sissy

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 19:56:55 »
Gmk plum v2 lul
crazy to see this yet again.

Offline jessica

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 20:16:39 »
Gmk plum v2 lul
crazy to see this yet again.

I have been openly critical of Plum myself. If you think I learned nothing from that experience, you're being intentionally dense.

This is now the 4th round of samples from GMK for this set. I could have called it good enough the first go around and cashed in.
I'm putting forth the effort to make this set look how I want it to, and I frankly couldn't care any less what people think it should look like at this stage of development. I know what it's supposed to look like, no one else.

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:51:51 »

If you'd like to know the colour I have chosen for the latest batch of samples, I am using RAL 200 80 20 in the RAL Design catalog.
Show Image

Show Image

Is this satisfactory? I had no clue someone could be so comprehensively illiterate to not understand that my choice to use 'blue' is a general term, while still being articulate enough to express their concerns.

Also, get the **** out of here saying 'his/her' here; I am a woman. Use the right pronouns since you're so god damn concerned with using the right words.

Despite the needless drama, I’m relieved to see the true color you’re going for.

Though I would caution you on lashing out at your supporters. Take the high road and demonstrate professionalism especially towards an audience who you have asked for their money to support your project. We’ve been here supporting you when things weren’t looking good before OC came in. Answer our questions and alleviate our concerns and move on.

I’m not defending homeboy in any way, but his behavior isn’t an excuse for you to belittle us.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:56:01 by Nzo »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 23:13:10 »
I’m not defending homeboy in any way, but his behavior isn’t an excuse for you to belittle us.

Us?  I didn't see anything directed towards anyone but the poster.  And yeah, it was a little over the top but deserved after that last post.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #332 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:21:04 »
thanks for taking the time to get it right, jessica
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #333 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:35:22 »

Show Image

I got a bright, vibrant blue sample from GMK and turned it down because it was too blue. I had no clue that people (read: you) would obsess so heavily over word choice when the colour in the render is pretty obviously a greenish, blueish colour, hard to put a firm label on.

Plus, imagine me going around saying it's green, then you'd just be complaining that I'm not distinguishing it enough from the green of the alphas.

I know what colour it is, and I just describe it as blue because it's more blue than anything else in the set and my lord I thought that would be good enough.

Also, if you wanna get even more obnoxious, colours throughout languages are hard to clearly define too. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TtnD4jmCDQ this video by Tom Scott. In the title is literally the word 'Grue', which covers this exact topic.
So if it pleases you, this set capitalises on green and gray, while also utilising grue to really add some pop to it.

Show Image

Show Image

I was pretty clear in my previous posts that, you as the one running the GB and set, have to be aware of that I can only form an opinion based on what you present. You present inaccurate samples, but don't say that they are inaccurate - of course I will comment on that. Here's my quote:
"I hope you understand that I can only form an opinion based on the image posted by you. If you don't mention anything about it, such as "the gray came out a big X due to the lighting conditions" or something along those lines, then I am going to assume that you are satisfied with that purplish color."
You also said that the blue was close to perfect and you just want a slight change, that does not sound to me like you identified that you got a baby blue, when you should have gotten a desaturated cyan - it says that you are looking for another baby blue (nowhere do you clarify anything about that).

I did raise this in a different way before, but I was ignored - would it kill you to clarify what you mean and clear some worries from purchasers? I can tell you that within different communities where the set is discussed, I am far from alone in assuming/thinking the way I did/do - you are very heavily criticised within communities - especially given your track record.

Also, this just speaks volumes of how childish and incapable you are to run a set in my eyes:
"I frankly couldn't care any less what people think it should look like at this stage of development. I know what it's supposed to look like, no one else. "
What do you mean no one knows what it's supposed to look like? We have the original renders that we based our purchase on - how do we not know what it's supposed to look like? Next time you run a set, how about just leaving a blank page as a preview and tell people to buy, that way you truely are the only one that knows what it's supposed to look like and you can go wild with your "creative vision". This is childish on so many levels, can't believe you actually wrote that.

About your gender, I couldn't care less - obviously it's something that struck you and your defenders hard - while in my eyes I wasn't sure what you are and don't care, so I wrote he/she. I don't know any of your background, I'm new to the community and I see a handle name - that's it. Sorry if it struck you the wrong way, obviously you are very insecure about that part and I did not know - just know that I apologize and I did not mean to make it sound as an insult.

You should seriously reconsider the way you behave, like, what the ****.

TL;DR, let's hope the new sample turns out good.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:37:17 by Emir »

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:45:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I was pretty clear in my previous posts that, you as the one running the GB and set, have to be aware of that I can only form an opinion based on what you present. You present inaccurate samples, but don't say that they are inaccurate - of course I will comment on that. Here's my quote:
"I hope you understand that I can only form an opinion based on the image posted by you. If you don't mention anything about it, such as "the gray came out a big X due to the lighting conditions" or something along those lines, then I am going to assume that you are satisfied with that purplish color."
You also said that the blue was close to perfect and you just want a slight change, that does not sound to me like you identified that you got a baby blue, when you should have gotten a desaturated cyan - it says that you are looking for another baby blue (nowhere do you clarify anything about that).

I did raise this in a different way before, but I was ignored - would it kill you to clarify what you mean and clear some worries from purchasers? I can tell you that within different communities where the set is discussed, I am far from alone in assuming/thinking the way I did/do - you are very heavily criticised within communities - especially given your track record.

Also, this just speaks volumes of how childish and incapable you are to run a set in my eyes:
"I frankly couldn't care any less what people think it should look like at this stage of development. I know what it's supposed to look like, no one else. "
What do you mean no one knows what it's supposed to look like? We have the original renders that we based our purchase on - how do we not know what it's supposed to look like? Next time you run a set, how about just leaving a blank page as a preview and tell people to buy, that way you truely are the only one that knows what it's supposed to look like and you can go wild with your "creative vision". This is childish on so many levels, can't believe you actually wrote that.

About your gender, I couldn't care less - obviously it's something that struck you and your defenders hard - while in my eyes I wasn't sure what you are and don't care, so I wrote he/she. I don't know any of your background, I'm new to the community and I see a handle name - that's it. Sorry if it struck you the wrong way, obviously you are very insecure about that part and I did not know - just know that I apologize and I did not mean to make it sound as an insult.

Renders can only do so much. You ought to just go nitpick at all the other keyset GBs. There's only so much color matching can do and do you seriously expect photos to reflect colors as-they-are? Of course OP will be the only person who knows what it is supposed to look like.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:49:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Renders can only do so much. You ought to just go nitpick at all the other keyset GBs. There's only so much color matching can do and do you seriously expect photos to reflect colors as-they-are? Of course OP will be the only person who knows what it is supposed to look like.

I mean sure, do you happen to know another keyset being ran right now that advertises a black, but the sample turned out to be white?

Of course I am aware that I can't base anything off of photographs, or trust that my screen will present accurate colors - what I can trust is hex color sampling that clearly shows that they're not even close to each other - I can tell the different in a text based format without even comparing the actual colors to know that it's off.

Luckily, jessica clarified that they are indeed looking for a sample that matches the render, and that eases my mind. The problem is the attitude and the way they go about handling this, to me.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 02:58:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I mean sure, do you happen to know another keyset being ran right now that advertises a black, but the sample turned out to be white?

Of course I am aware that I can't base anything off of photographs, or trust that my screen will present accurate colors - what I can trust is hex color sampling that clearly shows that they're not even close to each other - I can tell the different in a text based format without even comparing the actual colors to know that it's off.

Luckily, jessica clarified that they are indeed looking for a sample that matches the render, and that eases my mind. The problem is the attitude and the way they go about handling this, to me.
Hex color sampling that you did off a photo taken under imperfect lighting conditions... Try going to a printing company with that logic and see if they will laugh you out the door.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:03:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hex color sampling that you did off a photo taken under imperfect lighting conditions... Try going to a printing company with that logic and see if they will laugh you out the door.

Do you even read? Isn't this exactly covered by what I wrote in my previous posts? Jessica chose to share the samples with a color taken, in imperfect lighting conditions - and said NOTHING about it misrepresenting what this person was after. Of course I will base my opinion on that, what else? What's the point of even sharing then? I know it's a dilemma where if nothing is shared, people will be worried/impatient - share and people will criticise like I did - but jessica did not even try to circumvent it by saying "oh yeah, actually it does look a bit different in real life, these are not accurate. I am looking for X by doing X" - UNTIL AFTER I RAISED IT.

I suggest you read all my previous posts before replying to me again.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:11:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you even read? Isn't this exactly covered by what I wrote in my previous posts? Jessica chose to share the samples with a color taken, in imperfect lighting conditions - and said NOTHING about it misrepresenting what this person was after. Of course I will base my opinion on that, what else? What's the point of even sharing then? I know it's a dilemma where if nothing is shared, people will be worried/impatient - share and people will criticise like I did - but jessica did not even try to circumvent it by saying "oh yeah, actually it does look a bit different in real life, these are not accurate. I am looking for X by doing X" - UNTIL AFTER I RAISED IT.

I suggest you read all my previous posts before replying to me again.

Oh, I've read all your posts in this thread which is why I'm commenting. Nowhere did she state that she was satisfied with the colors. She merely posted it as an update from GMK with regards to the latest color samples she received from them. And hey, use your brain for one moment. Look at the lighting and adjust your hex samples appropriately if you're gonna do color comparison. My word, I had no idea someone could be this dense.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:18:24 by slxdegrees »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:23:56 »
To avoid the quote chain I'll reply this way.

"Nowhere did she state that she was satisfied with the colors"
Then, what is this? For example the gray presented was way off, and it wasn't until I raised the question that she said that the photo actually misrepresents it.
By Jessica: "Though, every other colour is spot on, and absolutely beautiful"

The only raised inaccuracy is for the blue, which isn't even supposed to be light blue to begin with as I mentioned above:
"I'm gonna request a slight change in colour for the lighter blue"
A slight change in colour does not equal switching color scale completely, which is what is required - is it wrong of me to react and raise concerns?

It's one thing not claiming that it's perfect, but not raising imperfections is even worse - that leads users to assume that it is in fact accurate; Jessica even wrote lines such as "as best of lighting as I can get"

This could all have been avoided by better wording and feedback handling by Jessica. Jessica does not seem to understand that this whole situation was given room to bloom due to the person posting inaccurate photos - posting samples in very misrepresenting lighting conditions is asking for trouble. I can understand it to satisfy people looking for updates, but be very clear with disclaimers.

Jessica only cleared up my worries AFTER I raised the issues, which was even ignored for a good few weeks until now. I agree that now we seem to be back on track and I can feel safe, but why even give this unfortunate series of events to even become a situation to begin with?

Also, people thinking that I'm overreacting or blowing this out of porportion, did you even purchase the set? I doubt most of you did, since you apparently do not seem to care at all about the final product or have a care in the world for the "problems" along the way.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:35:02 »

Then, what is this? For example the gray presented was way off, and it wasn't until I raised the question that she said that the photo actually misrepresents it.

The only raised inaccuracy is for the blue, which isn't even supposed to be light blue to begin with as I mentioned above:
A slight change in colour does not equal switching color scale completely, which is what is required - is it wrong of me to react and raise concerns?

It's one thing not claiming that it's perfect, but not raising imperfections is even worse - that leads users to assume that it is in fact accurate; Jessica even wrote lines such as "as best of lighting as I can get"

This could all have been avoided by better wording and feedback handling by Jessica. Jessica does not seem to understand that this whole situation was given room to bloom due to the person posting inaccurate photos - posting samples in very misrepresenting lighting conditions is asking for trouble. I can understand it to satisfy people looking for updates, but be very clear with disclaimers.

Jessica only cleared up my worries AFTER I raised the issues, which was even ignored for a good few weeks until now. I agree that now we seem to be back on track and I can feel safe, but why even give this unfortunate series of events to even become a situation to begin with?

Also, people thinking that I'm overreacting or blowing this out of porportion, did you even purchase the set? I doubt most of you did, since you apparently do not seem to care at all about the final product or have a care in the world for the "problems" along the way.

Oh we do care. We just place our trust in the GB runner that she knows what she's doing and we let them do their jobs. After all, GMK Plum turned out alright after 18 months in IC so you can be pretty assured that jessica will be doing all she can in her power to ensure that the colors are as accurate as possible.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:38:56 »

Oh we do care. We just place our trust in the GB runner that she knows what she's doing and we let them do their jobs. After all, GMK Plum turned out alright after 18 months in IC so you can be pretty assured that jessica will be doing all she can in her power to ensure that the colors are as accurate as possible.

Uhm, so you mean GMK Plum was a success and the final product represented the renders? Literally what Jessica, in this thread just above in a few posts, admitted they ****ed up?

Well, I now understand why you reply the way you do.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 03:49:34 »

Uhm, so you mean GMK Plum was a success and the final product represented the renders? Literally what Jessica, in this thread just above in a few posts, admitted they ****ed up?

I believe the term she used was 'openly critical', which let's be real, self-criticism is a common problem among designers. We often wonder how we could have done better, would a color tweaked here result in a better design. Would the picture placement here would have been better 5mm higher and so on. And imo, it turned out alright. Renders wasn't too far apart from actual product and let's be real, it could have turned out worse - like Violet Tendencies.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:50:05 »
This set is unique, however the colors turn out I'm sure it'll be highly desired. Should anyone be unhappy with it, there will probably be several that wished they ordered it and will be eager to take it off your hands. Just let Jessica figure out what she likes (it is her set and vision) and chill.

I had a similar-ish issue when I ran Toxic. The color ended up looking yellow next to green things, and green next to yellow things. A very unique color that was a far cry from the original chartreuse I was going for, but I think ended up being pretty awesome. I actually hope the color ends up looking more blue next to true green, and more green next to true blue in a similar fashion. Then you can even mix/match with other sets to great effect.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 12:58:57 »

You really are arguing just to argue at this point. She's cleared things up in terms of this GB already, and she has already stated what she needed to for Plum. If you don't have faith in her then you can easily request a refund or flip the set. And what does gender have anything to do with our hobby?

At this point you're just throwing a tantrum.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 14:28:36 »

You really are arguing just to argue at this point. She's cleared things up in terms of this GB already, and she has already stated what she needed to for Plum. If you don't have faith in her then you can easily request a refund or flip the set. And what does gender have anything to do with our hobby?

As a Swede (who happens to know that Emir is Swedish as we're in the same discord) it probably makes sense to explain that "he/she" is one of the the correct way to address someone if you don't want to assume gender in Sweden. We simply doesn't have any word for the singular "they" or "their".

So you're basically mistaking his politeness as a personal attack, which probably is the opposite of what he meant, hence him not understanding why you're making such a fuzz over it.

(EDIT: Sorry for continuing the off-topic:ness, btw. But I just couldn't just let it slide as I found it sad how the situation probably arose from a misunderstanding/language barrier issue.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 14:38:31 by soilheart »
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:23:00 »

As a Swede (who happens to know that Emir is Swedish as we're in the same discord) it probably makes sense to explain that "he/she" is one of the the correct way to address someone if you don't want to assume gender in Sweden. We simply doesn't have any word for the singular "they" or "their".

So you're basically mistaking his politeness as a personal attack, which probably is the opposite of what he meant, hence him not understanding why you're making such a fuzz over it.

(EDIT: Sorry for continuing the off-topic:ness, btw. But I just couldn't just let it slide as I found it sad how the situation probably arose from a misunderstanding/language barrier issue.)

Speaking of assuming things, I should add in the most important thing here: freaking out over colors in images taken with (what was likely) a cell phone camera, on your monitor/screen that is most likely not calibrated for color is completely stupid.

We have absolutely no idea what those colors look like in real life and are probably doing worse than guessing. Unless you have a properly white-balanced shot and you are looking at it on a color calibrated screen, reserve judgement. THAT is why we put trust in the GB runner. They get to look at it and decide if it matches their vision of the project (and potentially the pantone colors they have on hand).

/rant about digital photography and reproduction

And in case you feel like trying to throw an appeal to authority or false premise into your argument, I AM in on the buy, so of course I care. I would suspect that most people in this thread are in on the buy. Why else waste time posting here?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 September 2018, 17:27:31 by razor_blade »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 01:12:08 »

Speaking of assuming things, I should add in the most important thing here: freaking out over colors in images taken with (what was likely) a cell phone camera, on your monitor/screen that is most likely not calibrated for color is completely stupid.

We have absolutely no idea what those colors look like in real life and are probably doing worse than guessing. Unless you have a properly white-balanced shot and you are looking at it on a color calibrated screen, reserve judgement. THAT is why we put trust in the GB runner. They get to look at it and decide if it matches their vision of the project (and potentially the pantone colors they have on hand).

/rant about digital photography and reproduction

And in case you feel like trying to throw an appeal to authority or false premise into your argument, I AM in on the buy, so of course I care. I would suspect that most people in this thread are in on the buy. Why else waste time posting here?

I really told myself not to reply, but when people are this dense it's difficult to abstain.

"on your monitor/screen that is most likely not calibrated for color"
You literally don't need a monitor with color, or a monitor at all for that matter, to sample hex and see that the values are SO off that it's on a completely different color scale. What are you even typing? As I wrote about 10 times now it feels like, OF COURSE I have an understanding for camera shots not being accurate, I'm not stupid - but ANYONE given the lighting conditions of that shot would be able to tell that it is enough correct to the point where you can CLEARLY see that the color is on the wrong scale.

Jessica did confirm that she is looking for a desaturated cyan which is indeed according to renders, so there's no point in replying to me any longer. However, I just wish people would understand that the lack of information at the point when samples were posted made me raise concerns. In my head, the concerns were justified, it's way off, and when Jessica types out "I'm looking for a different blue", then of course I replied in order to ensure that it's an actual desaturated cyan this person is after, and after being lynched for raising justified concerns, I did in fact get an answer.

I'm sad it had to go that far to get information that should've been present without anyone voicing their concerns.

Offline Beatnutz

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 02:26:56 »

It doesn't really matter if your screen is calibrated or not. If the photo looks completely different in colors than the render (on the same screen) then there is an issue. What is otherwise the point in posting the photo if it is going to be so off?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 03:27:32 »
I can recommend a good reading of this Wikipedia page for most users replying to me here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_difference

You can mathematically see that a color is off and on the wrong scale, as I explained above. You can do it on a blank piece of paper if you have the values, and see the difference without even having the actual photos. Again, the sample photo clearly has good enough of a lighting condition so that we accurately can differentiate between two separate colors - even if the baby blue in the photo does not look the same in real life by X amount of colorshades. It's like having a Red ball look a few shades off due to lighting, but you still see that it is red - but in reality you need a purple, do you understand now?

In any case, Jessica has cleared up things and to my knowledge there is no reason to worry for now - we can drop this discussion.