Author Topic: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! IN STOCK NOW @ PARAMOUNTKEEBS  (Read 130331 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
[GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! IN STOCK NOW @ PARAMOUNTKEEBS
« on: Fri, 07 July 2023, 14:36:38 »

you can snag yourself a set by clicking here.

Hello there, welcome to the RGBEnglish! This set started off as a simple, silly idea based on other busy language sets. I wanted to use brighter colors as opposed to matching the stock GMK colors that are often used for RGB kits. The set is dyesub PBT, using PKaps as a manu. It's been in the works for almost a year now, and it's finally time to make it public!

Pre-order starts NOW! Buy from your regional vendor below! ETA to you is q4 2023! This set has been paid for upfront and will begin production before the end of the pre-order period!

NA: ParamountKeebs
EU: Keygem
UK: Prototypist
OCE: Allcaps
Asia: Hex.keyboards

Vendors will be updated once they go live. This set is planned to be IN STOCK a few months after the pre-order period.

This set will be ONE giant base kit covering most everything from ortho to 40's to as big as they may get.

Serendipity by Dededecline

TGR 910 by Yutski

w1-at by Geon

Real life photos of 3rd round of photos, these are the once you will be recieivng!

Adware by Chickenman

Brane by Blind Panda

MB44 by Melonbred

Chickenman, Smokey, and Obama for keeping me in check and ensuring this set is able to cross the finish line!
Customs for collectively brainstorming the idea
OCM for the graphical assistance with the render files
Dededecline for the kitting help
Zetina for the amazing renders and being fast and professional just the best around
Anybody else I may have missed, you're all awesome

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2024, 11:43:17 by Kokaloo »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
reeeeeservd

Offline stewfayew

If these work with 3d glasses, I'm sold

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
all vendors are live!

Offline zhol

• zhol
i'm zhol

Offline Dmitri

Do they have a recessed stem

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Last week to pre-order!

Paramountkeebs is doing a giveaway in their discord if you wanna try out your luck! Join by clicking here!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! $60 Giant Base kit! Last week for pre-order!
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 August 2023, 21:53:26 »
hey everyone pre order is still open like why even bother closing it right?

thanks for those that hopped on early, and if you're waiting for it to actually be in stock that's cool too!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 12:13:17 »
There was a couple issues that I was able to catch before sending final production file (ie. 8 and 6 braille numpad legends being the same, 2u backspace legends being a little high)

Should be about another week or two for production to finish. Preorder pages still up! We are on track to get this to y'all before EOY.

Offline cubiclegangsta

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 02:03:14 »
Thanks for the update Kokaloo. Excited to see them soon!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 December 2023, 06:56:33 »
Its such a meme set but for the price its not bad at all.  :)

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 December 2023, 06:59:24 »
id buy so fast if i had a board to put it on
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline stefanyuog

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 21 December 2023, 15:43:29 »
To confirm, is that a 6u spacebar included in the kit? Totally interested to put this set on my topre build.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 00:16:57 »
To confirm, is that a 6u spacebar included in the kit? Totally interested to put this set on my topre build.

This isn't compatible with topre they are mx keycaps

Offline stefanyuog

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 08:03:08 »

Oh, that is okay.  I need MX stems since I have topre-mx sliders but looking for a 6u spacebar.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 22 December 2023, 13:32:26 »

Oh, that is okay.  I need MX stems since I have topre-mx sliders but looking for a 6u spacebar.
oh gotcha! i don't use topre very often so i forget that's something you can do. yes it has a 6u bar

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! $60 Giant Base kit! Shipping Soon!
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 23 December 2023, 14:39:37 »
hey guys, just wanted to get an update to you all. unfortunately i have some bad news but we're doing everything we can to make sure we do right by you all

the manufacturer unfortunately made an error and used a previous file that was missing several keycaps and had some errors
here's the keycaps that were affected:

fortunately the manu has agreed to make all the missing/error keycaps. i don't have an eta yet but i'll update this post once i do.

what we are going to do now: you should have received an email from paramountkeebs if you ordered from them with a little survey. it simply asks if you want your keyset now and we will send the replacements later, or if you'd want paramountkeebs to hold onto your set and ship it out with the replacements later.

thanks again for all your support, and i'm truly sorry this happened. we want to make sure you're all aware and to do right by it by ensuring you get what you ordered. have a happy holiyays and a wonderful new year!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 23 December 2023, 19:45:58 »
hey guys, just wanted to get an update to you all. unfortunately i have some bad news but we're doing everything we can to make sure we do right by you all

the manufacturer unfortunately made an error and used a previous file that was missing several keycaps and had some errors
Show Image

fortunately the manu has agreed to make all the missing/error keycaps. i don't have an eta yet but i'll update this post once i do.

what we are going to do now: you should have received an email from paramountkeebs if you ordered from them with a little survey. it simply asks if you want your keyset now and we will send the replacements later, or if you'd want paramountkeebs to hold onto your set and ship it out with the replacements later.

thanks again for all your support, and i'm truly sorry this happened. we want to make sure you're all aware and to do right by it by ensuring you get what you ordered. have a happy holiyays and a wonderful new year!

What about other regions and vendors?
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 23 December 2023, 20:24:58 »

Show Image

What about other regions and vendors?

the manufacturer will be sending the replacements to the regional vendors like they did the sets, we're still trying to wrangle everybody and get a solution in place but i'm gonna make sure customers don't have to pay for shipping to get the replacements.

so basically, sit tight and wait for the replacement caps to come to you. i'll keep ya updated on manu eta and all that stuff. again, sorry this is happening  :'( but thank you so much for supporting us!
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 December 2023, 20:28:11 by Kokaloo »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 03 February 2024, 13:11:08 »
thanks for the update, I was pretty satisfied with my set and didn't even catch those caps were missing lol

Offline Ultrasmurf

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 09:09:54 »
Usually I immediately check to see if there are any errors when I receive a new set, but I guess I forgot this time because it was a total surprise when the fix showed up at my door today  ^-^.

Unfortunately I do have an issue, my num8 key has a printing error. It's missing the top right blank dot. Does anyone else have this issue as well?

Some other questions I have:
  • What was wrong with the num6 key? I cannot spot any difference when I put them side by side lol
  • Was the number of space keys changed? It seems like the renders have 2 of some types but I have only 1 of each
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 February 2024, 09:13:38 by Ultrasmurf »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 February 2024, 18:52:19 »
Usually I immediately check to see if there are any errors when I receive a new set, but I guess I forgot this time because it was a total surprise when the fix showed up at my door today  ^-^.

Unfortunately I do have an issue, my num8 key has a printing error. It's missing the top right blank dot. Does anyone else have this issue as well?

Some other questions I have:
  • What was wrong with the num6 key? I cannot spot any difference when I put them side by side lol
  • Was the number of space keys changed? It seems like the renders have 2 of some types but I have only 1 of each

Sorry this happened! Send a ticket to paramountkeebs and we'll get it sorted out. And to answer your questions, the 6 key had the same braille as the 8 key accidentally. As bars goes, I need to make a new kitting image depicting which bars people will actually get and what will be offered for the in stock sale. Expect that in a few days. I think we got a little over zealous on the kitting and that lead to a bit of confusion with communication, all parts of first time doing things and I really wanna shout out the peeps that are going through this cuz I know it can be a bit tough and confusing, but seriously thanks for supporting and I'll make sure everything gets right for everybody.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 February 2024, 19:00:05 by Kokaloo »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! Fix kits en route to you! In stock sale soon!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 11:32:41 »
Hey everybody, RGBEnglish now has several sets available for purchase as in stock from paramountkeebs! you can snag yourself a set by clicking here.

a few things that have gone a bit wrong and wanna make sure is communicated:

- the in stock kitting with the fix kit is as follows below:

- the 8 key in the fix kit is missing a braille empty circle in the top right. This isn't something that we can't fix sadly as there isn't a plan to do a 2nd fix kit. Hopefully this isn't a big deal as you have two 8 keys to use on your numpad, either one that has similar braille to the 6 key or one without the circle. your choice!

- there was a miscommunication about the amount of 1.75u and 2u bars that were included. if you were a participant of the GB and would like to receive another 1.75u and 2u bar, please send in a ticket to paramountkeeb and they'll get those shipped over to you. I feel it wasn't great to advertise those bars to GB participants only to not get them the keys, so we are opening sets for you to ensure you get your keys. otherwise the in stock kit is sold as is!

a few things that have gone right that i want to communicate:

this set got MADE and i am so grateful for all the help along the way. a project like this, using a new manufacturer is HARD WORK. having to create the svgs, communicate, plan, advertise, all of it is such a crazy ordeal that i applaud anyone who goes through it and see it to the end. there's lots of projects that just get left in the dust, scamming people, that i hope a few mistakes in this one is permitted and keeps you all interested in our future projects. we wanna make sure to go at a pace that is comfortable for us to ensure things get done RIGHT.

RGBEnglish started out as a XMI one off for a few buddies in a public discord, then it almost ran with aeternus (you know... the scammers!) thankfully, the aeternus staff at the time didn't want to include my name on the project even through all the hard work i already put in, and i found that UNACCEPTABLE and ended up not wanting to allow them to use this projects. believe in yourself, stick to your guns, and surround yourself with genuine people and you can achieve anything. Thank you all for the support on seeing the project through and i'll see you all again soon!

Offline Faraday

• a toofpick changes everythang
Re: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! IN STOCK NOW @ PARAMOUNTKEEBS
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 06 March 2024, 22:36:59 »
Glad this got made, I love fun beige!!!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
Re: [GB] PKaps RGBEnglish! IN STOCK NOW @ PARAMOUNTKEEBS
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 07 March 2024, 16:28:27 »
loving my set so much

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙