Author Topic: FILCO MAJESTOUCH 2 vs KUL ES-87 vs LEOPOLD 750R  (Read 58868 times)

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Re: FILCO MAJESTOUCH 2 vs KUL ES-87 vs LEOPOLD 750R
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 06:21:17 »
I'm not a fan of the RGB lighting fad either but right now buying a filco at the asking price due to FILCO not really innovating or adding value or lowering prices is akin to paying the same price for a Ford Fusion versus that of a BMW.  I literally see and feel no difference in quality between that of a Ganss and Filco at this point.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline dante

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:17:07 »
I'm not a fan of the RGB lighting fad either but right now buying a filco at the asking price due to FILCO not really innovating or adding value or lowering prices is akin to paying the same price for a Ford Fusion versus that of a BMW.  I literally see and feel no difference in quality between that of a Ganss and Filco at this point.

Filco is also higher because the boards are made in Taiwan not China.

Judging from current prices Filco is only $20-$30 more than the Ganss.

Just so you know I'm not a Cherry switch fanboy simply because I don't drink the 50 million keypress kool-aid.  For me the Teamwolf TKL hotswap ($40-$50ish) is the best buy; so when the switches fail (and they will) you can quickly replace them.

However I can tell you that if I were to continue to buy soldered switch keyboards I'd spend the extra $20 or whatever and get the Filco.  The Leopold is also good but I'm a retro grouch and demand a hardwired cable.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:36:36 »
To each their respective own of course, but myself I see FILCO as nothing but riding on a name of past quality.  They simply no longer compete in the current marketplace IMO,Not on price, Not on features,Not even on quality given the stock keycaps,  P.S Ganss also uses Cherry at least the ones I have reviewed did unless that has since changed.  The Price at the time of my review for Ganss on Amazon was only 50-60$.

The Hot swappable Wolf board is one I have been considering if for no other reason Soldering irons and I do not get along and it would give me the chance to try other switches that elude one with no self building skills.  Good to hear one speak of it in decent regard for the pricing level.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline atarione

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 01:42:36 »
I don't like back lights.. or media keys

I have been using my own Filco Majestouch 2 TKL mx-reds (w/ o-rings) and Vortex doubleshot keycaps for going on two years now.. I love this keyboard and I really like the TKL form factor.

I feel kinda bad because I have a few full size keyboards gathering dust basically at this point (well not really because they are in boxes).

The poor quality keycaps that come w/ the Filco is a shame for the price these things go for ..but whatever I got the vortex set that I'm happy enough with for $20~ish on massdrop so it was fine.  I didn't care for the stock keycaps at all and was determined to swap them from the day I got the Filco, such a shame as otherwise it is just great.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 04:05:01 »
Who is this Hendy,  how do I get him to send me free keyboardz.. hahahahahaha

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 04:51:56 »
Who is this Hendy,  how do I get him to send me free keyboardz.. hahahahahaha

hahaha :)) :))
hopefully someday i can send a free keebs for you tp4...

come and visit Indonesia :p

Offline XG3njiX

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 08:08:51 »
Thanks for your very useful review! Currently using filco majestouch convertible 2 and will try a lepold soon  :thumb:  :thumb:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:05:12 »
I bought the Majestouch w/Browns couple years ago. Today, I wouldn't buy it again. It's a good built quality keyboard, but for the same price you can get the KUL with dip switches and detachable USB cable.. perhaps for a tad more some vendors give you PBT caps even.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g