Author Topic: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated  (Read 76573 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 15:12:48 »

Any chance of a brass plate? Brass plate would make this my dream board.

Seconded. Brass plate is a must for a board this gorgeous.

I can try to offer this option during GB but there will be MOQ. Never thought of brass plate tho, any previous sale with this option?

M65 and Exent off the top of my head, I think a couple of others recently.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 15:27:52 »

I can try to offer this option during GB but there will be MOQ. Never thought of brass plate tho, any previous sale with this option?

Ah OK, I'll make sure that I mention this to EVE and see what he says. I'll try best to get this option in GB.
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline ns90

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 15:38:58 »
I really don't need another TKL, but I'm definitely going to join this GB.

Offline yokken

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 17:11:42 »

The TX-CP R2 (same design as R1) went up for preorder recently and has a brass plate option. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86076.msg2405141#msg2405141 The M65-A also has a brass plate option. However, I don't know if there are other TKL with a brass plate. I think you could probably meet MOQ for them :) here's hoping!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'd love a plate that lets you open switches as well, for a truly customized board. The TX-CP plate has the necessary notches for it and it's really nice.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2017, 17:16:36 by yokken »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 17:16:40 »

Ah OK, I'll make sure that I mention this to EVE and see what he says. I'll try best to get this option in GB.

Definitely check out the Rama M65-A polished brass plate, the photos look absolutely stunning and I guarantee you would have zero problems hitting MOQ.

I went in for it before we had the final photos and once he released the photos of it a ton of people regretted not getting a brass plate. It really is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 18:06:49 »
i think LeandreN has a universal 60% brass plate, and is offering one with FJELL

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 18:34:21 »
Brass plates tarnish within months, and then you realize you can't even polish it since you assembled over it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 19:51:21 »
Brass plates tarnish within months, and then you realize you can't even polish it since you assembled over it.

M65 is polished and electroplated, in theory I think it will prevent tarnishing.

There are plenty of other options, apply a film over it and cut out holes for switches. Then no oxidization on the exposed areas, just like people that apply 3M film or packing tape over the weights on 356 boards.

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 23:04:18 »
Just saw this for the first time. This board is absolutely spectacular. I was  looking for a 96, but I absolutely have to have this. If in fact there is a limit on the group buy, cold you give us IC supporters first dibs? And if EVE will build this in a 96 layout I will take one of those as well. Thank you. My wallet is ready :)

Offline Tally810

« Reply #209 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 13:05:09 »
I'm gonna join this I believe.  I know you are trying to hit a certain price point but this board looks like it will be tough to make.  I'd pay the premium it takes to get this board done right and have the group buy run smoothly.  Looks amazing btw

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 17:56:48 »
Just want co confirm, does this board supports with winkey layout?

Thanks

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 19:12:46 »
I'd kinda love to see this as a 96 key :)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 20:02:37 »
I'm gonna join this I believe.  I know you are trying to hit a certain price point but this board looks like it will be tough to make.  I'd pay the premium it takes to get this board done right and have the group buy run smoothly.  Looks amazing btw

Going to agree here. You don't see many/if any? Boards with a flow like this and lots of rounded areas. It's just typically straight lines. I really am feeling this board. I'd happily pay a premium price to make sure we can keep the frame as close to the prototype/renders as possible.

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:34:41 »
Cant wait for this honestly.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 22:49:38 »

Going to agree here. You don't see many/if any? Boards with a flow like this and lots of rounded areas. It's just typically straight lines. I really am feeling this board. I'd happily pay a premium price to make sure we can keep the frame as close to the prototype/renders as possible.

Yes, it's a pretty challenging keyboard to make thus the high-end keyboard. I think this is a very bold design and I don't see anyone else making anything similar. However, I have full confidence for the designer and manufacturer - EVE

Thanks

Both WK and WKL layout will be provided!

Coming up this May!
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 06:46:54 »

Yes, it's a pretty challenging keyboard to make thus the high-end keyboard. I think this is a very bold design and I don't see anyone else making anything similar. However, I have full confidence for the designer and manufacturer - EVE

Thanks

Coming up this May!

I'm sorry, but has pricing been announced yet? If so, I can't seem to find it
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline Robotical

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 06:52:49 »

Thanks

Coming up this May!

I'm sorry, but has pricing been announced yet? If so, I can't seem to find it

The estimate earlier in the thread was $400-425 range plus fee and shipping. I am hoping its still on target for that price range, I am super excited about this case.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 07:00:56 »
Has it been said whether this is 6061 or another alloy?

Offline Robotical

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 07:18:06 »

Would be kind of cool to see 7075 for the pure novelty with the theme...

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 07:28:05 »

I imagine the complex machining will be the limiting factor in the alloys available, but I'm not a machinist.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 07:37:25 »

I imagine the complex machining will be the limiting factor in the alloys available, but I'm not a machinist.

I mean, it could be machined... but the question is is it even worth it. The big limiting factor for 7075 in the case would probably be the associated cost in comparison to 6061. I would be willing to potentially pay the premium, but I'm not even sure its necessary for an item like this.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 07:57:06 »
Right. The only reason I ask is that it sounds like jchan is super hyped on 6063 and I'm wondering if other designers are interested.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 08:03:23 »
Right. The only reason I ask is that it sounds like jchan is super hyped on 6063 and I'm wondering if other designers are interested.

Never actually thought about 6063 to be honest. Definitely would have a nicer finish for sure... I suppose in that case it really depends on the finish that the designer is going for.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 01:37:37 »
Any news on the Gb date? Early may or what?

Thanks

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:39:44 »

Thanks

As per Apr 23 update, GB will be around mid May

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:28:36 »

Thanks

Thanks, have you come up with the final design for the brass weight yet?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:41:41 »

Thanks

The new design is done, just waiting for new pics now.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:34:46 »
Moon me. <3

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Offline Robotical

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 08:45:07 »

Thanks

Super excited to see the new design.

Offline aptivaboy

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 23:57:55 »
Depending upon the price I'm very interested. This really looks neat. Will the buy be on Massdrop or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Offline neralo

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 03:10:05 »

Thanks

Super excited to see the new design.

same here, obsessively checking this thread every few hours even though I've got notifications for thread activity.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 14:04:52 »
Depending upon the price I'm very interested. This really looks neat. Will the buy be on Massdrop or elsewhere?

Thanks!

It will be on GH, maybe on DT too if I remember to do that.. :p Also Chinese GB went for ~$430, but you'll have to add int'l shipping and PP fees.

Offline ns90

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 19:46:13 »

Thanks!

It will be on GH, maybe on DT too if I remember to do that.. :p Also Chinese GB went for ~$430, but you'll have to add int'l shipping and PP fees.

Oh man. I really wish this wasn't going to drop the same month as the ZZ96 AND GMK Yuri

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 19:55:11 »
That shape is wild :eek:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 15:28:06 »
Will there be alternative bottom row options such as standard ansi or hhkb?

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 16:21:53 »
Them cuuuurves are pretty sweet. I'm still debating on the the pattern on the side with the moon text with the cut out of the different alu color but it definitely is unique that's for sure! Would pair greatly with the MIRA in theme ☺️

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
[IC]Custom Keyboard - the Moon - Album of Prototype Updated
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 16:31:42 »
Interested in this. Looks very unique. Love the carbon color combination.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 17:52:40 »
Will there be alternative bottom row options such as standard ansi or hhkb?

There will be WKL (With blockers) and WK options.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 23:38:31 »
zzyjayfree  Please give us some love......

We wanna see the design of the weight inserts  :p :-*

Potato pics are okay too

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 13:59:20 »
Has it been mentioned which colors this will be available in?

Offline yap68

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 22:56:24 »
Saw the color options from China's group buy. Not that interesting to me.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:10:32 »
Love the curves
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline neralo

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 23:51:05 »

would you happen to have a link to the chinese GB? Interested in seeing what we're getting so I can make the necessary plans.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 00:31:50 »
Ote want this so bad he is talking in third person. Ote like moons.

Offline muon

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 13:58:03 »
Would 100% join this!

Offline neralo

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 03:45:30 »
any information on the updated logo, design, and usb position?

Offline Robotical

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 06:13:58 »

would you happen to have a link to the chinese GB? Interested in seeing what we're getting so I can make the necessary plans.

I found this listing on Taobao after a little research... https://world.taobao.com/item/548924763049.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7728556.w4023-8936611707.4.rdcMc1

Quick google translate showed the color combos:
color: the upper: Ivory black: military green positioning board: dark gray
color two: on: Cang Xue silver: Indocal bamboo green positioning board: Violet
color three: on: black oak: Fala red positioning board: ink black
color four: on: buckwheat gray: mist blue blue plate: silver on the silver

zzyjayfree, are these the only colors that are available? Additionally are they only available in sets like that? Or will we be able to mix and match?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 18:32:51 »

zzyjayfree, are these the only colors that are available? Additionally are they only available in sets like that? Or will we be able to mix and match?

I'm really hoping we're not limited to pre-made pairings like that, would really hurt my interest. That list has no options for a neutrally-colored bottom half at all so even trading for something you couldn't get a neutral pair.

Wishlist: silver upper, gray bottom, violet bottom if I must have a color

Offline Robotical

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 19:01:36 »

I'm really hoping we're not limited to pre-made pairings like that, would really hurt my interest. That list has no options for a neutrally-colored bottom half at all so even trading for something you couldn't get a neutral pair.

Wishlist: silver upper, gray bottom, violet bottom if I must have a color

I'm with you on the hoping for no pre-made pairings. The Chinese buy has me a bit worried though... I was also expecting a few more color options to be honest.