Author Topic: Hello, from south africa!  (Read 2000 times)

Offline hercovandyk

Hello, from south africa!
« on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 14:25:46 »
Hi!

I am a fellow keyboard enthusiast from South Africa. I am a programmer by day and geek by night.

Recently fell into the custom keyboard trap and busy designing and planning my own variation from the ergodox. I will be posting another thread for that.

Offline 6FeaT

Re: Hello, from south africa!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 08:13:08 »
Whereabouts in SA? I ask because I've come across almost no one from that part of the world in the mech community. I spent a few years in Swaziland when I was younger, so it's always nice to see southern africans around  :)

Offline hercovandyk

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 08:15:25 »
Whereabouts in SA? I ask because I've come across almost no one from that part of the world in the mech community. I spent a few years in Swaziland when I was younger, so it's always nice to see southern africans around  :)

Hi! I'm from Pretoria. Swazi is an amazing place! I ride extreme enduro there once or twice a year. I know MOZ on the forum is also from ZA. :D

Offline 6FeaT

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 08:20:41 »

Hi! I'm from Pretoria. Swazi is an amazing place! I ride extreme enduro there once or twice a year. I know MOZ on the forum is also from ZA. :D

Sweet! Pretoria's a great place! I've only spent a few nights there but I quite enjoyed it. Glad to know there's another around! Where in SD do you ride extreme enduro??

Offline hercovandyk

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 08:25:26 »
Almost anywhere there! The king has allowed enduro riders to ride anywhere we like. So we usually stay at guest houses around the country. We try new places everytime we go, provided we have gps routes for the areas and/or a guide that can take us. Lovely place to be.