Author Topic: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards  (Read 119293 times)

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:45:51 »

Offline BlueBär

Re: Public Service Annoucement - new ClackFactory drawings now up @ elitekeyboards
« Reply #801 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 07:17:38 »
That's a damn nice photo.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #803 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:58:19 »
They still have the caps listed as in stock on their website, perhaps that means they will do another drawing?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #804 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:59:04 »
They still have the caps listed as in stock on their website, perhaps that means they will do another drawing?

No

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #805 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:59:07 »

It means there webmaster needs to get on it.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:01:50 »
You killed my hope - but it was wrong so it deserved to die.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #807 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:48:08 »

It means there webmaster needs to get on it.

haha yes

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #808 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 21:04:51 »
If you search right, you can still find all Clack Factory keycaps on the EK site.  They just are not listed from the main page or products list any more.  As these ones will not be soon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #809 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 23:26:34 »
My clack arrived in Canada on Friday.. Gotta wait til Tuesday til it comes...Stupid long weekend :'(

The suspense is killing me.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #810 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 05:42:08 »
If you search right, you can still find all Clack Factory keycaps on the EK site.  They just are not listed from the main page or products list any more.  As these ones will not be soon.
Now I see what you mean:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #811 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 06:37:27 »
Now I see what you mean:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_3blk

Hope he one day does some more of these for BS :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #812 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:16:49 »
Now I see what you mean:

See the price?

$16! :eek:

And what do they sell for these days?

$400?

Sadly "NO STOCK".
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #813 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:21:46 »
Now I see what you mean:

See the price?

$400?

Sadly "NO STOCK".

:eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #814 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:02:16 »
Now I see what you mean:

See the price?

$400?

Sadly "NO STOCK".

Now you understand why people are so upset at those who win a $25 CC in a drawing and immediately sell or auction it for > $100.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #815 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 16:53:41 »
Now I see what you mean:

See the price?

$400?

Sadly "NO STOCK".

Now you understand why people are so upset at those who win a $25 CC in a drawing and immediately sell or auction it for > $100.
Lol

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #816 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 17:28:36 »
Now I see what you mean:
Could be cool to compile a list somewhere with all the links.
I'm sure most recent ones can be found that way through links from previous drawings
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #817 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:54:42 »
The CC laser cannons have been charging for a full week now. Still no idea what's going to happen when they fire, but guesses are it'll be another 4grabs, and a big one at that. Candy Cane CC's, anyone?

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #818 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:03:15 »
I am down for anything tbh

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #819 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:05:09 »
The CC laser cannons have been charging for a full week now. Still no idea what's going to happen when they fire, but guesses are it'll be another 4grabs, and a big one at that. Candy Cane CC's, anyone?

They've already fired a few times....people got the hook ups......
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:06:58 by SpAmRaY »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #820 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:07:22 »

SRSLY?  :(

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #821 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 12:07:55 »

yeah you just have to make a thread asking for a clack at retail price

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #822 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 13:15:39 »

yeah you just have to make a thread asking for a clack at retail price

One of these days I'm going to try that and see if it really works.

Mine you, I'm a kinda n00b around here and only have 10 mechanical keyboards, so it might not end well.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #823 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 13:16:44 »
The man is holding me down! I tried to start a thread to get one and then they moved it to off-topic, like it was a joke... O_O

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #824 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 13:28:22 »
The man is holding me down! I tried to start a thread to get one and then they moved it to off-topic, like it was a joke... O_O

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #825 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 14:05:21 »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #826 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:27:33 »
4grabs are horrible if you in the wrong time zone :'( Hopefully I am awake this time.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #827 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:32:23 »
4grabs are horrible if you in the wrong time zone :'( Hopefully I am awake this time.

The announced ones are ok. I don't mind standing up at 2 or 3AM when I know that I have the chance to get something in 4grabs. But the sudden ones are really horrible. I slept very bad in the first nights after that 'lasers charging' was posted in 4grabs, cause I always thought something would happen when I sleep, like a new release of Salute or Mr. friday BS or even OG BS.  And the pure horror are conus only sales :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #828 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:48:22 »

The announced ones are ok. I don't mind standing up at 2 or 3AM when I know that I have the chance to get something in 4grabs. But the sudden ones are really horrible. I slept very bad in the first nights after that 'lasers charging' was posted in 4grabs, cause I always thought something would happen when I sleep, like a new release of Salute or Mr. friday BS or even OG BS.  And the pure horror are conus only sales :(

+1

Although the last couple of general 4grabs have not been too bad for me (6am or something like that), I totally slept through the insta-grab ones.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #829 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:51:13 »
lol ive never done one.. I saw the laser charging and refreshed the page for a few hours straight then gave up. Since he has shown up in random peoples posts w the laser phew phew goingf off but no 4grabs yet  ^-^

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #830 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:11:42 »
I'm hoping for better luck this time although to be fair it's simply not possible to please everyone, some part of the world is always going to be asleep :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #831 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:16:16 »
I'm hoping for better luck this time although to be fair it's simply not possible to please everyone, some part of the world is always going to be asleep :)

Unless he only accepted entries from people with a postal address in certain parts of the world, and did a series of sales each time.  But that would be massively open to gaming, and not worth trying to police.

At least he does vary the time somewhat :)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #832 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:41:52 »

Blanks are considered to be in the low tier of clacks, but I think CF has done some really cool stuff with blanks like the Julysicle and Oktoberfest. Just enjoy the artwork in the colors of the clack, think about that beer and popsicle sitting on your Esc :)

you phrased that a little weird, but i'd be very hesitant to call oktoberfest a 'blank' since CC has actually made solid color keycaps.

'layered' would be more apropriate, but I think there was another 'brand name' for them already.  in my head, I divide CC keycaps into:

blanks
bloodsplats
layers
leafs (although I think they're actually called 'toast')
skulls

wingnut/vader/66mhz/etc (these are all ultra rares and i think you just call them by name rather than category lol)

edited because rowdy was giving me the evil red eye....

If you want to categorize Clacks, I would suggest the following categorical rubrics:

Blanks - ESC
Blanks - Topre Fn
Blanks - Special:  Julysicle, Candy Corn & Oktoberfest
Blanks - WASD & Arrow Clusters
Bloodsplats - ESC
Bloodsplats - WASD & Arrow Clusters
Skulls - single color
Skulls - Bi-color
Slulls - Tri-color
Skulls - translucent
420 - Bi-color
420 - Single Color
Special Clacks - Dark Lord, Gumrot, Gummyrot, etc.
Special Rare/ Limited Run - i.e., Wingnut (made for DT founders), GH Tri-color (made for tsangan), Ducks, 66mhz, etc.
Special Rare/ Prototypes - i.e., Mr. Friday prototype, etc.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #833 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 13:44:03 »

Blanks are considered to be in the low tier of clacks, but I think CF has done some really cool stuff with blanks like the Julysicle and Oktoberfest. Just enjoy the artwork in the colors of the clack, think about that beer and popsicle sitting on your Esc :)

you phrased that a little weird, but i'd be very hesitant to call oktoberfest a 'blank' since CC has actually made solid color keycaps.

'layered' would be more apropriate, but I think there was another 'brand name' for them already.  in my head, I divide CC keycaps into:

blanks
bloodsplats
layers
leafs (although I think they're actually called 'toast')
skulls

wingnut/vader/66mhz/etc (these are all ultra rares and i think you just call them by name rather than category lol)

edited because rowdy was giving me the evil red eye....

If you want to categorize Clacks, I would suggest the following categorical rubrics:

Blanks - ESC
Blanks - Topre Fn
Blanks - Special:  Julysicle, Candy Corn & Oktoberfest
Blanks - WASD & Arrow Clusters
Bloodsplats - ESC
Bloodsplats - WASD & Arrow Clusters
Skulls - single color
Skulls - Bi-color
Slulls - Tri-color
Skulls - translucent
420 - Bi-color
420 - Single Color
Special Clacks - Dark Lord, Gumrot, Gummyrot, etc.
Special Rare/ Limited Run - i.e., Wingnut (made for DT founders), GH Tri-color (made for tsangan), Ducks, 66mhz, etc.
Special Rare/ Prototypes - i.e., Mr. Friday prototype, etc.

Dat wingnut is so cool

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #834 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 14:05:53 »
Aren't there also some tri- colour 420 caps?
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #835 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 14:21:28 »
Aren't there also some tri- colour 420 caps?

yes

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #836 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:04:32 »
Clacks then come in the following flavors:
Skullssingle solid color
bi-color - usually solid color with different colored eyes (Mr. Friday, Nightowl, etc.); sometimes solid color with different colored face (Drunken, Skeletor, etc.)
tri-colors - usually solid color with separate colored face, and separate colored eyes (OG Tricolor, Salute, etc.); sometimes layered multiple colors with different colored face (Candy Corn, Skullsicle, etc.); or in the case of the 3D, one color cap with each eye being a separate color
translucents (see-through; Ruby Red, Ice Blue, etc.)
BlanksNon-skull caps; can be single colored, or double (Oktoberfest, etc.) or triple colored in layers (Candy Corn, Julysicle, etc.)
ClustersWASD and arrow
Topre function (Fn) capsDesigned to replace the Fn key on a HHKB; Usually comes with a skull or blank in the same color; Most seen are single colors, but some layered multicolor ones have been sighted
GumrotOgre/troll (newest creation, Halloween 2013)
Rare/limitedDark Lord (aka Vader), 42, and others
4:20/Green                marijuana leaves; in toast and o'natural flavors [slight differences in leaf design between the two]
                                  Four color variations:Sticky - single color
Sticky Icky - Solid color with different colored leaf outline
Sticky Icky Icky - solid color with different colored leaf
Good Times - tri-color with cap being one, outline being another, and leaf being the third

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #837 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:05:49 »

Unless he only accepted entries from people with a postal address in certain parts of the world, and did a series of sales each time.  But that would be massively open to gaming, and not worth trying to police.

At least he does vary the time somewhat :)

It's true he does seem to do the best he can to keep it fair. Just need a spot of luck.

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #838 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:26:33 »
How many times do I have to say click-clacks name in the mirror before he materializes and gives me hardcore white topre at cost? Is it three like beetlejuice or five like candyman? ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #839 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 15:33:52 »
How many times do I have to say click-clacks name in the mirror before he materializes and gives me hardcore white topre at cost? Is it three like beetlejuice or five like candyman? ;)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #840 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:20:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Thank you.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #841 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:38:42 »
new update on the clack subforum, did I miss something?
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #842 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:39:43 »
Yeah, I am confused and sad  :-X

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #843 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:41:36 »
Quote from: ClackFactory
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

Out of spare Clacks, I'm guessing this means?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #844 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:42:19 »
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

I didn't even know any were being sold   :'(
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #845 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:43:44 »
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

I got like 5

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #846 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:45:04 »
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

Idk... I can't truly interpret the word of CC... just a guess.

There wasn't a 4Grabs sale as far as I know, otherwise **** would have blown up around here...

I got like 5

You troll you... :P
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #847 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:46:10 »
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

There wasn't a 4Grabs sale as far as I know, otherwise **** would have blown up around here...

I got like 5

<3 I don't troll often, but when I do? It involves CCs :p

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #848 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:47:54 »
DEPLETED!

Recharging lasers...

I got like 5

<3 I don't troll often, but when I do? It involves CCs :p

Meme that ****.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #849 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:48:38 »
Yeah, that is why I was confused, that happened and nobody was even posting here  :blank: