Author Topic: [Giveaway] Brobot V1s (done)  (Read 18499 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: [Giveaway] Brobot V1s
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 15:23:16 »
My story starts around a year ago when I got a Zalman K500 with Khail switches and I wanted to find some cool keycaps as I had seen a nyancat set before so I started searching the web for that set, eventually finding geekhack, joined up on nubinators 8bit group buy and got some cool caps, then made my way to keypop and bought a load of things :D eventually got the Nyan cat set after camping the Originative thread when sherry said there would be a very limited amount released got the set, and still use it to this day on my poker II after that I sort of stayed here as everyone seemed nice, and it interested me that there where so many nice looking keyboards, ended up getting a Poker II not long after along with the sanctuary keyset, and now I'm here almost a full year since I started the journey to get a nyan cat set :P
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:09:36 »
It's technically the 16th right now in Korea. Wonder when he'll do the drawing

ohh exciting, good luck everyone, thanks again leesofi  :thumb:

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:18:12 »
about a year ago i purchased an MSI laptop to handle some of the newer PC games that were coming out. I regret this purchase now because i ended up hooking up a monitor/KB/mouse to it and using it as a desktop. Well since i was limited in my upgrade options for my laptop i decided to splurge on peripherals. So i bought a rat7 and a ducky shine III TKL mx reds. I though I was the baddest mother in town with that shine III, and something came over me that day it showed up in the mail. I put it on the table and just stared at it, "its beautiful" i grabbed a folded towel and carried it up my room as a ring-bearer would do in a wedding. Plugged it into the outlet and and it lit up brighter than the 8th night of Hanukkah. Words could not describe what i felt. Similar to my first sexual experience i began to gently caress the board, back and forth as my nails slide over the keycaps. Do i dare push one? Is this to soon? I will admit my heart was racing. The blood began to rush into different extremities throughout my body...        Click             ...satisfying, i clicked again, and again, faster and faster until my hand drenched in sweat cramped up and began to go limp. When I arose from my desk chair i was dizzy and off balance. I began to make my way down the stairs confused and befuddled as i tried to piece together what i had just experienced. I fiddled around inside my pocket looking for a lighter. I needed a cigarette to calm myself and then the reality of the situation set in, you now have ANOTHER addiction.
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:20:30 »
about a year ago i purchased an MSI laptop to handle some of the newer PC games that were coming out. I regret this purchase now because i ended up hooking up a monitor/KB/mouse to it and using it as a desktop. Well since i was limited in my upgrade options for my laptop i decided to splurge on peripherals. So i bought a rat7 and a ducky shine III TKL mx reds. I though I was the baddest mother in town with that shine III, and something came over me that day it showed up in the mail. I put it on the table and just stared at it, "its beautiful" i grabbed a folded towel and carried it up my room as a ring-bearer would do in a wedding. Plugged it into the outlet and and it lit up brighter than the 8th night of Hanukkah. Words could not describe what i felt. Similar to my first sexual experience i began to gently caress the board, back and forth as my nails slide over the keycaps. Do i dare push one? Is this to soon? I will admit my heart was racing. The blood began to rush into different extremities throughout my body...        Click             ...satisfying, i clicked again, and again, faster and faster until my hand drenched in sweat cramped up and began to go limp. When I arose from my desk chair i was dizzy and off balance. I began to make my way down the stairs confused and befuddled as i tried to piece together what i had just experienced. I fiddled around inside my pocket looking for a lighter. I needed a cigarette to calm myself and then the reality of the situation set in, you now have ANOTHER addiction.

Hahaha oh man great visuals in this story bro!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:22:31 »
end chapter 1
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:39:05 »
end chapter 1

:thumb:

Offline Justintoxicated

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 17:35:39 »
I bought my first mechanical keyboard because it was listed in a hot deals section on another forum.  I was really impressed because I splurged on a really decent board just to see what the hype was all about.  I realized there was so much more to a keyboard than the switches it used and whether or not it had back-lighting I began looking for a second keyboard for work.

Google searches combined with recommendations from other users drove me to this forum and I have been a bit addicted every since.  Now I practice typing and love reading keyboard reviews.  I'm hooked on using topre for my work environment but still enjoy some mx switches for my gaming PC at home.  Although I'm getting more and more hooked on the topre every day now esp after modding it.  Never would I have imagined spending so much on such a plain looking board only a couple years ago.

Offline TheAngleOfDeath

• Math puns are the first sine of madness
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 20:56:20 »
My first introduction to actual mechanical keyboards was while I was away at a military boarding school for a time. (It was for college prep, I didn't do anything too terrible to get sent there :P)

My AP Physics teacher had a lot of really old lab equipment littering the room and sitting up on the shelves. I still don't know what half of it was or did, and I think he had forgotten by this point as well since he had been at that school for years and was probably ready to retire soon. Anyway, since it was a military school everyone was pretty strict, which meant no walking around class to look at or touch the stuff along the walls. This was enforced heavily, especially since the teachers made sure we were busy every minute of every class. Where I sat in my Physics class was right next to a cabinet in the back of the classroom with a friend of mine. Nothing really ever happened in class and we couldn't talk much until the day that I decided to open the cabinet next to me.

We were supposed to be working on an assignment but I got really bored and started messing with the door to the cabinet next to me. I always thought it was locked so I had never tried to open it. This day I accidentally pulled it open, and to my surprise I found that it was stuffed full of old mechanical keyboards, mostly model Ms but I don't really remember what others were there. I remember just pressing a key and instantly falling in love. All I wanted to do was hear the sound and feel the resistance and click of the keys as I pressed them. Unfortunately, my friend next to me and the teacher did not feel the way I did about the sound and got pretty upset with me. I had to run laps for "disrupting the class" but it was worth it. I'd usually try to hit the keys at least once everyday in class.

And that's when I realized that I love mechanical keyboards. Little did I know that it was the first step down this path. I wish I had smart and stolen one of those keyboards, there were so many and they obviously hadn't been used in decades.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:05:19 »
The participation is end. i am on the summer vacation now, i will announce the winners soon.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:06:41 »
The participation is end. i am on the summer vacation now, i will announce the winners soon.
`

Thanks again for doing this, it's very generous of you.  Good luck to everyone who entered.  Looking forward to seeing who's selected so we can all congratulate them and simultaneously complain that they won (kidding of course).

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:11:04 »
for the 'win-win', rule of 2caps per person will be change to 1cap per person(six ppl will get BBv1 totally).
please wait soon.

Next giveway will be CC and BBv2.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 02:41:55 »
for the 'win-win', rule of 2caps per person will be change to 1cap per person(six ppl will get BBv1 totally).
please wait soon.

Thanks Leesofi, glad more people have a chance now.  :thumb:

CC and BBv2 next!  :eek:  :eek:

Offline iapache

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:02:10 »

please wait soon.

Wow this is too awesome of you. You're a great fella! Goodluck to all!

Poker II

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:42:08 »
please wait soon.

I think that is a great idea!! You will make double the amount of people happy!

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:45:08 »
First of all, thanks to all ppl to participated in this event.
So many guys participated, so i am happy with enjoying your storys.
(Some impressive, funny, lurking storys..)

Announcement of winner is done. please check the main post
All winners were selected randomly. If you do not selected, do not miss too much.
i will send pm to winners for helping to ship.

Thanks again and see you guys on next share.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:48:32 »
Congrats to those who won!!  :)) Thanks to leesofi for the great giveaway!  :thumb:

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:50:04 »
thanks to all supports.
i sent pm to winners.

Time to unpack of my huge vacatioin bag...  :confused: lurking~

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 03:52:13 »
you forgot to send me a PM, but that's OK. i forgive you.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:06:14 »
Congratulations to the winners :D !

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:07:33 »
Congrats to all the winners and thanks again Leesofi, can't get over how nice this community is.  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:14:09 »
Congratulations to MrexD, fuzzybaffy, Vibex, HUNTERANGEL121, katushkin, infiniti :D

Thank you again leesofi for running this great give-away :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:14:35 »
Congratulations everyone! Enjoy. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:33:42 »
Congrats all!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Distilled

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 04:34:45 »
Big congrats to all winners

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:19:37 »
OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY

IVE NEVER WON ANYTHING BEFORE! My first brobot, and it's a V1!!

Thank you so much!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:23:05 »
So amesome! Thanks for doing this giveaway. :thumb:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:40:13 »
Congratulation to all the winners!

That's great news!
... ...

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:43:42 »
Nice gesture, leesofi. Gratz to the winners!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 08:32:10 »
waiting two pms for next step.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 08:50:19 »
Congrats to the winners, and good on ya leesofi for doing this giveaway.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 09:10:54 »
Congrats winners! And thanks for the chance at some awesome caps Lee!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 09:24:52 »
Wow, awesome. Thank you! I just sent a PM back to your way.

This will definitely get me to give back to the GH community in the future.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 09:41:34 »
need 1 more pm and next step.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:27:09 »
Congrats everyone!  I had fun writing up a little story, so thanks for hosting leesofi.  :)  And thanks especially for gifting these V1s to some awesome people!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:49:13 »
Congrats everyone!  I had fun writing up a little story, so thanks for hosting leesofi.  :)  And thanks especially for gifting these V1s to some awesome people!

congrats everybody

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 10:54:18 »
Congrats everyone.  I enjoyed seeing how everyone stepped into this wonderful hobby.   :thumb:

Awesome giveaway leesofi.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:24:11 »
Grats everyone ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 11:58:57 »
Congrats guys! Soon you will know the love for v1s.  :cool:

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 13:29:34 »
Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to leesofi for hosting!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 07:32:07 »
i sent pm to winners for next step.
check your pm.

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 09:15:27 »
[Giveaway] Brobot V1s
---------------------------------------------------------------
Winners (cap number on pic - new owner for next sharing.)
1 - MrexD
2 - fuzzybaffy
3 - Vibex
4 - HUNTERANGEL121
5 - katushkin
6 - infiniti

i will send pm to winners for shipping. After all shipping pay is done, i will shot all package on one day.

Grats to all the winners!  So jealous :)

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline Enigma

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 10:26:11 »
Congrats guys, looks like I joined geekhack just too late to make the deadline  :)

Enjoy the caps!

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:08:04 »
How do I pay on paypal!

Never really used paypal lol...

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:43:15 »
How do I pay on paypal!
Show Image

Never really used paypal lol...

Its very easy: you can use a bank account, debit card or credit card.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:45:50 »
Ohhhh I see it, press send money and type email and amount....

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:39:31 »
Ok! PM sent and money sent!

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 22:55:37 »
Ok! PM sent and money sent!
;)

Got all payment from winners.
I will ship the packages on next week.

Have a nice weekend.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 22:56:14 »
Sweet!  :D

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 05:38:13 »
Congrats to everyone!

Thanks again leesofi! :thumb:

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 22:26:22 »
Packages are shipped. Check your tracking via PM, winners.
Finally done.
Thanks Geekhackers. Enjoy Sharing.

-lee