geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Atreus-mod KB for programmers (or just typing without using Fn for punct.)

(1/8) > >>

worldspawn:
I've modified the ergo mini board from the Atreus thread with the necessary keys for most programmers (or those who want a mini board without the need to Fn for numbers and punctuation) and it's only a fraction of an inch larger than the original.  This will be compatible with Easy AVR Keymapper. 

Since I've gone through all the work of design and prototyping I figured I'd share with the community if there's interest in a group buy of the boards and/or cases.  I've got the first batch of prototype boards ordered already, waiting on arrival for testing, then I can move forward with a larger batch.  If you're interested in helping with the prototype testing I can send you a board for $25 ($30 total if you want the SMT parts too, I can pre-solder them if requested) including shipping when they come in.

For a small run <50 boards, the cost is:
$25 per board 
$10 for the SMT components (soldering is +$10)
$35 for the case in acrylic (4 layers: top 1/8", plate 1/4", spacer 1/8", bottom 1/8", includes nuts, screws, 4 rubber feet)
$6 shipping

For a medium run 50-250 boards the cost drops to
$10 per board
$6 for the SMT (soldering is +$10)
$30 for the case
$6 shipping

Main layer example

Case and Layout

PCB (not the final revision, there are a couple wrong traces in this image that I've fixed)

metalliqaz:
Cool design.  Can't tell very well from the picture, but it looks like you may be missing a few caps on that PCB.

jdcarpe:

--- Quote from: metalliqaz on Sun, 22 March 2015, 12:11:56 ---Cool design.  Can't tell very well from the picture, but it looks like you may be missing a few caps on that PCB.

--- End quote ---

And no crystal? Hmmm.

Also, some people won't want to mess with in-switch diodes. You should put pads for SMD diodes in the space between the through hole ones.

suicidal_orange:
I saw this board in the Deep Space thread during a lunch break - meant to follow up on it as it looked great.

I'd love to prototype, but I guess by the time the PCB gets to me you'll have built yours and maybe even ordered the final version...

worldspawn:

--- Quote from: metalliqaz on Sun, 22 March 2015, 12:11:56 ---Cool design.  Can't tell very well from the picture, but it looks like you may be missing a few caps on that PCB.

--- End quote ---

From the tech documents on the Atmel site I only saw the one:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version