Author Topic: Backlit Counter Strike keycaps  (Read 3602 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Backlit Counter Strike keycaps
« on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 19:40:03 »
The subject of custom Counter Strike keycaps comes up from time to time, and there don't seem to be too many sets around.

This is a CS:GO backlight-friendly set, may be of interest to someone.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/counter-strike-cs-go-custom-backlight-keycaps.html
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Backlit Counter Strike keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 03:16:23 »
The thing I especially like about these caps is how they emphasize the fact that we started building cities only 2000 years ago, and how we are, in many ways, still animals whose survival instincts are so easily triggered that we use physical violence as a solution to challenges that could be solved, considerably less horrendously and tragically, with a bit of perspective, understanding and cooperation. But no.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 18:23:31 »
And the irony is that without all the violence we'd have never gotten into the dominate position that we have on the planet to evolve to make these observations about reality and nature.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 03:38:21 »
I was thinking of people's violence against each other—but sure, violence against animals is good too. We're excellent at both.

Hey, do you think these had anything to do with the origin of the gangsta expression pop a cap ?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg