Author Topic: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit (Closed for Orders, 97% shipped. SEE LAST POSTS)  (Read 383760 times)

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
Re: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1500 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:06:23 »
RIP smallfry...
Tell Daddy.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1501 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:07:12 »
I take issue with the notion that a troll post can lead to legitimate discussion. Nobody was even talking about giving more money toward this buy. The guy just showed up after a week of inactivity and posted a troll post.

Yo seriously... can we talk about the group buy?
Sure. What color plates did your order? Wait nm shut up and leave.

LOL this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're clearly more interested in a personal argument than the actual GB, which I've tried to talk about numerous times.

But seriously. Is there any way to recoup what people spent on this buy? Can't a paypal claim have some effect?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1502 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:12:17 »
I take issue with the notion that a troll post can lead to legitimate discussion. Nobody was even talking about giving more money toward this buy. The guy just showed up after a week of inactivity and posted a troll post.

Yo seriously... can we talk about the group buy?
Sure. What color plates did your order? Wait nm shut up and leave.

LOL this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're clearly more interested in a personal argument than the actual GB, which I've tried to talk about numerous times.

But seriously. Is there any way to recoup what people spent on this buy? Can't a paypal claim have some effect?

Please, let's discuss the group buy.

Money was collected, some things were purchased/produced, and mkawa is now AWOL.  Okay, now we're all caught up.  Now what?

You want me to fly to his house and rough 'im up?

Or maybe you could just stop threadcrapping instead.  If your goal is to warn others about the risks of group buys, there are about a thousand other things I can think of that would actually be useful.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1503 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:14:07 »
simply because someone doesn't join a group buy, it absolutely shouldn't prohibit them from having an opinion or a voice on an event within the community

Incredible.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1504 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:34:16 »
PayPal dispute won't do anything.  It is outside of the window that is clearly spelled out in their user agreement.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1505 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:40:52 »
PayPal dispute won't do anything.  It is outside of the window that is clearly spelled out in their user agreement.

In the USA Citizenship TOS, I believe they call it fraud.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1506 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:46:13 »

That has nothing to do with PayPal.  With the timeline of this group buy, PayPal will do nothing.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1507 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:48:03 »

That has nothing to do with PayPal.  With the timeline of this group buy, PayPal will do nothing.

I think his point was more that it's actually illegal and mkawa could be taken to court. Which is kinda overboard honestly. I , for one, just want some answers.
GODLIKE SmallFry in progress.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1508 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:48:59 »

I think his point was more that it's actually illegal and mkawa could be taken to court. Which is kinda overboard honestly. I , for one, just want some answers.

I'm by no means calling for something like that. I'm just trying to point out the severity of what the dude did.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1509 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:49:47 »
According to his profile, he was last active a month after his last post in here..he could have atleast taken the time to say he was still around..
Tell Daddy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1510 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:54:15 »
According to his profile, he was last active a month after his last post in here..he could have atleast taken the time to say he was still around..

Obviously mkawa and I haven't gotten along for some time but to his credit he did post another update here saying he had things bagged up and would soon begin shipping and would verify everyone's address the day the rollback happened, so that post was deleted along with many others but it doesn't mean much unless people have gotten things and just didn't post about it.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:16:56 »
I hate that what was supposed to be a nice homage to a deceased member of this community has turned into this **** show. If I ever get this board I will forever look at it in disgust(In before gladly giving up my money/any other kind of crap).

This is a disgrace.
Tell Daddy.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1512 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:19:18 »
I hate that what was supposed to be a nice homage to a deceased member of this community has turned into this **** show. If I ever get this board I will forever look at it in disgust(In before gladly giving up my money/any other kind of crap).

This is a disgrace.

Really?  You can't look beyond the failures of this group buy and honor the member it was intended to?  :confused:

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1513 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:24:13 »
Seeing as the board would be a direct reflection of this, I'm not sure how I could..I guess it's the autism..
Tell Daddy.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:26:34 »
Seeing as the board would be a direct reflection of this, I'm not sure how I could..I guess it's the autism..

I'm sorry to hear that.

Offline neverused

« Reply #1515 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:27:37 »
It's shallow

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1516 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:27:47 »
Me too, man... RIP
Tell Daddy.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1517 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:29:45 »
It's shallow

Is you're money tied up in this GB?
Tell Daddy.

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #1518 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:32:31 »
Obviously mkawa and I haven't gotten along for some time but to his credit he did post another update here saying he had things bagged up and would soon begin shipping and would verify everyone's address the day the rollback happened, so that post was deleted along with many others but it doesn't mean much unless people have gotten things and just didn't post about it.

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware mkawa had posted an update recently. I have reached out to him ( as I'm sure many others have) for an update.
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline neverused

« Reply #1519 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:34:42 »

It's shallow

Nope.

Still the process of obtaining an item and remembering the dead should be separable. It's not my fault that it came off as shallow, I just made the observation.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1520 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:36:44 »
get. out.
Tell Daddy.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1521 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:37:36 »

It's shallow

Nope.

Still the process of obtaining an item and remembering the dead should be separable. It's not my fault that it came off as shallow, I just made the observation.

Woah now. Let's not forget the witchhunt you get for stating unpopular opinions around here...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1522 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:38:02 »

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1523 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:40:09 »
I'm just echoing the same narrative, he isn't a member of this gb, so he shouldn't be posting.
Tell Daddy.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1524 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:41:54 »
I'm just echoing the same narrative, he isn't a member of this gb, so he shouldn't be posting.

LOL 11/10

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1525 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:43:40 »

Cool, taking out your frustration on a member totally unrelated to the initial exchange.  Mature.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1526 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:47:21 »

Cool, taking out your frustration on a member totally unrelated to the initial exchange.  Mature.

And you don't think you're being antagonistic?

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #1527 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:48:29 »
OK, seriously people. The horse is dead, no need to continue beating it. You're just going in circles now. Can we all just take a moment and not post anything?

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline neverused

« Reply #1528 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:59:57 »
I apologize if I touched a nerve there. I frequently check in on this thread and your comment just seemed shallow, so I said that. There is no comment on the GB itself, I have no doubt that things have been frustrating, I would be frustrated too.

May I ask, is this quote in fact true?
I guess it's the autism..

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1529 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:07:23 »
I'm sorry if you found something I said to be shallow. I have good days and bad days. Yes, I am autistic. Which is partly why i'm so involved in this gb. My disability only pays so much and it took me a long time to save this money.
Tell Daddy.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1530 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:28:22 »
I'm sorry if you found something I said to be shallow. I have good days and bad days. Yes, I am autistic. Which is partly why i'm so involved in this gb. My disability only pays so much and it took me a long time to save this money.

What a plot twist...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1531 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:44:32 »
Being a jerk on the Internet is not motivating anyone to send you anything no matter what you payed.
I'm kind of motivated to send him a poo in a box.

Glitter is far better...er...worse  :))
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline neverused

« Reply #1532 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:46:34 »
That's makes more sense, I'd be frustrated too.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1533 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 08:59:07 »
Wow. This thread sure went south in a hurry. Nothing like a trolling tag team to degrade this thread. Surprised you didn't start a round of the dozens.  :rolleyes:

@jdcarpe -- I'm happy to help in any way that I can as well. I'll PM you to discuss.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1534 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 16:32:40 »
here is my post: i am in research and in research one has to be constantly writing proposals to fund ones' research. until last week, i was in an extremely tenuous position in terms of grant money ending without clear funding starts. due to this, i was and to some extent still am on the job market in that i am heading out on interviews starting as early as second week jan, but due to funding starts and a grant win i hadn't expected last week, am in a much better position where i currently work. grant writing has been bumping up my workload about 10-20hrs/wk. however, new funding wins have given me 4-6 months of breathing room (given 6 day weeks again, but ok). i also finally received some positive recognition for for the work i've done recently that has helped settle some of the more nebulous career unknowns.

that said, my uncle is still rapidly fading, is being monitored weekly and has been hospitalized with a life threatening multiple artery variceal burst since last i posted, and i continue to have GI issues (although i think i finally have a diagnosis, which is nice).

mashby, jd; here is the way i would like to arrange for help, since i want to catch up anyway. find a time after 1st week february to come out and visit me and the other boston geekhackers; i have enough space here to house everyone, kids, SOs etc. we can have a very informal boston keycon in which various things gitted r dunned. email me and if i don't respond, email me again until i do.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1535 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 16:36:56 »
note: things aren't just going to be OK. that ship sailed a long time ago. once upon a time, i put my heart, soul and seven days a week of labor into geekhack. various life events that were uglier than a family member slowly slipping away destabilized everything in my life for more than a year. i was living day by day week by week for many months, but in the last few days have had a chance to sit and take stock in what's important to me, and am trying to move on.

i'm not going to say thanks for your patience, because if you've been patient this long, you already know you're a saint. instead, thanks for not putting me under a guillotine and mounting my head on a pike at the city walls.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #1536 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 17:28:10 »
Ming, thanks a lot for the update.
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1537 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:01:00 »
Not in this buy, although I almost was. Good on you for wanting to keep things moving and I hope things are on the up for you and this project.

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1538 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 08:20:10 »
Congratulations on the funding, I have some familiarity with the pressure of that environment :)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1539 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:38:16 »
I have some friends in research at CWRU. You just pretty much know you're not going to hear from them at that certain time of year while they essentially have to justify their salaries. Kind of weird that you work so long getting a terminal degree in your field only to face this kind of job insecurity.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #1540 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:55:30 »
Feel sorry for you. Hope eventually things are worked out.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1541 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 09:34:19 »
I'm not in this buy.  But I may have some travel planned in February and would love to come and help finish this.  So if there are any PM's, emails, etc. about that please include me.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1542 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 13:42:28 »
I'm in a tight spot right now so if anyone wants to take over my order I'll sell it at half price.

EDIT: Pending to keshley.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 January 2016, 14:15:54 by SpAmRaY »

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #1543 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 13:45:19 »
I'm in a tight spot right now so if anyone wants to take over my order I'll sell it at half price.

/raises hand

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1544 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 13:45:50 »

Ill take it. How much and what did you order?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1545 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 13:49:16 »
I'm also looking to sell my kit.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #1546 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 10:45:25 »
Any chance we could get an update Mkawa? I know you're going through a lot of ****, but just checking in to make sure you're alive :P

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1547 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 11:42:04 »
Any chance we could get an update Mkawa? I know you're going through a lot of ****, but just checking in to make sure you're alive :P

Just a heads up, it's been a month to the day since his last post.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #1548 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 11:45:08 »
I have been in discussions with mkawa regarding the PCBs -- its moving -- slow, but its moving...

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #1549 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 14:01:09 »
I have been in discussions with mkawa regarding the PCBs -- its moving -- slow, but its moving...

Thanks I3oiler!