Author Topic: Sticky nasty ****ing Sensi RAW  (Read 15280 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Sticky nasty ****ing Sensi RAW
« on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 02:53:14 »
Alright m8s I got a Sensi RAW or how ever you spell it, and I like it a lot, but it's suddenly become hella nasty and makes my hand sticky and horrible feeling when using it... is there anyway to get rid of this ****??

I can get a new mouse but I've only had it for maybe like 5 months? and don't want to have to keep buying RAW's... so if there is no good way to clean this thing are the new G mice still ballin'? I know alot of people like them but I don't want to end up with another nasty sticky mouse

cheers babes xx

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Re: Sticky nasty ****ing Sensi RAW
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 03:01:41 »
Stop wanking off you wanker

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 03:14:09 »

**** OFF M8

but srs when i power off my machine I can see myself in the refection of my screen and cant help myself... i mean im pretty ****ing fly

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 03:18:03 »

**** OFF M8

but srs when i power off my machine I can see myself in the refection of my screen and cant help myself... i mean im pretty ****ing fly
I hated the coating on that mouse! I could never get it to stop that nasty feeling either, so I moved on to the zowie fk...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 03:24:06 »
Have you got one with the rubberised soft touch coating?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 05:21:29 »

Yeah

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 06:10:57 »
Well you could go for the Glossy finish version. Or I know that my rubber finish is coming off in spots like under my thumb buttons. You could also try to use some kind of alcohol based cleaner

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 07:44:05 »

Yeah

Well you could go for the Glossy finish version. Or I know that my rubber finish is coming off in spots like under my thumb buttons. You could also try to use some kind of alcohol based cleaner

I have the fancy pants version of the Sensi with the  useless processor and screen on the bottom. It has just a hard plastic shell and I really like its feel.

I would try and swap with someone who has the glossy version if I were you.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 07:58:58 »
I have the fancy pants version of the Sensi with the  useless processor and screen on the bottom. It has just a hard plastic shell and I really like its feel.

Would you say there is any point in getting the fancy pants version? I was thinking of getting a new mouse and really like My Sensi RAW, and was thinking of upgrading to the more expensive version like you have (non RAW)

Offline Johan

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 08:08:31 »

**** OFF M8

****ing 30y/o'ds, anyway I assume you've tried cleaning it off with rubbing alcohol/other mild dirt remover?
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 08:43:23 »

**** OFF M8

****ing 30y/o'ds, anyway I assume you've tried cleaning it off with rubbing alcohol/other mild dirt remover?

Wtf when did I turn 30?! And no because I tried cleaning my Lachesis it ruined the rubber coating

Offline Johan

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 09:14:37 »

**** OFF M8

Wtf when did I turn 30?! And no because I tried cleaning my Lachesis it ruined the rubber coating
Wait you haven't tried to clean the mouse at all? 5 months of hand sweat+oils and dust and other dirt, no wonder its hella nasty D:
Uh, stuff.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 10:08:23 »

**** OFF M8

Wait you haven't tried to clean the mouse at all? 5 months of hand sweat+oils and dust and other dirt, no wonder its hella nasty D:

happy gaming
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 11:51:16 »
I use www.wetones.com hand wipes on my sensei raw and qfr (both rubber coated), haven't seen any adverse affects. PBT caps as well.

"...formulated to be tough on dirt and germs, yet gentle on skin."

active ingredient - Benzethonium Chloride 0.3% (antibacterial)

inactive ingredients - water, SD Alcohol 40, Aloe barbadensis Leaf juice, PEG-60 Lanolin, Quaternium-52, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Sodium Capryloamphopropionate, Disodium EDTA, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid

/phew, some big words in there. I reckon the aloe isn't a very good thing for caps... but eh..
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2015, 12:04:18 by Lu_e »

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 12:01:21 »

Yeah

Ahah don't hate me for this but I did the opposite :

Few months ago, the scroll wheel of my Steelseries Sensei started making squeaking noises so I decided to open it to solve the problem.

Having done this, I also swapped the guts of the Sensei into an old Steelseries Xai casing - the new Sensei top being too shiny and slippery for my liking.

[...]

I rather have a sticky rubber coated top than a slippery one.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 12:04:03 »
I really like my RAW but I use a fingertip grip so most of my hand never contacts the mouse.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 13:00:24 »
My Sensei RAW also wore off, but it never got sticky or stuff on my fingers. It just feels weird now that's all.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 14:03:25 »
I use www.wetones.com hand wipes on my sensei raw and qfr (both rubber coated), haven't seen any adverse affects. PBT caps as well.

"...formulated to be tough on dirt and germs, yet gentle on skin."

active ingredient - Benzethonium Chloride 0.3% (antibacterial)

inactive ingredients - water, SD Alcohol 40, Aloe barbadensis Leaf juice, PEG-60 Lanolin, Quaternium-52, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Sodium Capryloamphopropionate, Disodium EDTA, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, citric acid

/phew, some big words in there. I reckon the aloe isn't a very good thing for caps... but eh..

Ahh nice one! I wasn't sure tbh if they would make it better or worse and was kinda worried about using something like that but I'll give them a go!

Like I said I had a Lachesis (?) before which was rubber and anything I used on that only made it worse, I'll give wet wipes a blast tho!

Cheers m8s

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 14:25:03 »
Aloe barbadensis Leaf juice,
PEG-60 Lanolin,
Fragrance,

I don't know what most of those other ingredients are, but lanolin is certainly heavily oily with a stickiness to it

Good for skin .....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 14:40:22 »
Glossy mice ftw

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:23:42 »

Would you say there is any point in getting the fancy pants version? I was thinking of getting a new mouse and really like My Sensi RAW, and was thinking of upgrading to the more expensive version like you have (non RAW)

Apart from loading the custom bitmaps on the screen on the under side (which I have not looked at in about 4 months), I couldn't tell you. I don't really adjust the settings or even assign keys to the buttons. If I had to get another one, I would probably just get the RAW. But that is just me and I am not a heavy gamer or anything.

Being able to change the LED colour is good though because you can change it to suit the colours on your keyboard, which is only for aesthetics.

Yeah

Ahah don't hate me for this but I did the opposite :

Few months ago, the scroll wheel of my Steelseries Sensei started making squeaking noises so I decided to open it to solve the problem.

Having done this, I also swapped the guts of the Sensei into an old Steelseries Xai casing - the new Sensei top being too shiny and slippery for my liking.

[...]

I rather have a sticky rubber coated top than a slippery one.

This would be very personal preference based it would probably turn out 50/50 in the people who prefer rubber v. shiny (I like latex though  ;)), are you in a generally hot or cold climate?

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:09:50 »
I would say temperate climate !

France enjoys mild temperatures throughout the year: not too hot and not too cold, with a plentiful mix of rainfall and sunshine. source

Like Joey Quinn, I'm fingertip grip so I can not stand any slippery.

The sad news is that after 4 years of heavy use, my old Xai casing is really (really) worn out so I'll have to replace it with the "chrome effect" (and shiiiiiiiny) casing.

I must brace myself, summer is coming :confused:

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 03:06:16 »
I never had any problems with my sensei raw when I used it, I have a Zowie FK1 now but I just took my sensei out of the closet and it doesn't have too bad of shine and no weird grossness nor do I remember having that when I was using it. I use finger tip grip btw

Do your hands sweat alot or do you eat at your computer or not wash your hands after eating ect before using your computer? I'm a bit anal personally about washing my hands before I use my computer if they could be at all dirty.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 03:49:31 »
I mean, I eat while I play games (like how can you not eat during a 5-6hour sc2 binge?) but I'm pretty clean. Though I have my whole hand resting flat on my mouse, i guess If you only use your fingertips your not likely to make it all nasty

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 15:19:17 »
^ I'm the same... ill eat lightly/be careful but the mouse still gets funky eventually, my keyboard doesn't really get like that.

I also have the worn small shiny spots under the side buttons. I like the mouse a lot but not sure i'll get one with a similar rubber coating again. I don't care for super gloss either though. I was thinking a flat/matte plastic might be nice, but xbox one controllers are like that and are slippery as all hell.

Aloe barbadensis Leaf juice,
PEG-60 Lanolin,
Fragrance,

I don't know what most of those other ingredients are, but lanolin is certainly heavily oily with a stickiness to it

Good for skin .....

hmm.. noted. thanks, maybe something similar with less oil? like a standard alcohol wipe? I have no idea when it comes to abs/pbt plastics chemically reacting with things. I've just been using the wetones out of bravery and laziness (for about 6 months, less than once a month).

I suppose a light wiping with very little mild soap & very little water is maybe the smarter thing?
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2015, 15:24:30 by Lu_e »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:00:41 »
Unless there is some huge reason not to, my standard for almost all cleaning of this type is:

a spoonful of alcohol on a paper towel and wipe every surface briskly.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 12:58:00 »
Yeah, I have the rubberized surface version and it's pretty gross. I don't really have sweaty hands or anything, but the rubber has peeled off about half of the shell. Doesn't feel nice anymore.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 11:24:47 »

Yeah

As a Gher you ought to know better than that. You can't complain, Baldgye!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 03:20:30 »

Yeah

Well it was that or the nasty slimey plastic version..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 03:41:15 »

Yeah

Slimy, yet satisfying!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 04:51:25 »

Yeah

Slimy, yet satisfying!

I'm glad you enjoyed my tentacle grape collection  :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 05:01:10 »

Yeah

Slimy, yet satisfying!

Sicko

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:32:05 »
Ok, so I've tried a couple of baby wipe type things... non have actually done anything and the mouse is still pretty terribad... anyone got any recommendations for possible replacements that don't get like this so quickly (my old Razer lasted years without doing this ****)...

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:40:42 »
stop being such a greasy man

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:42:43 »
stop being such a greasy man

But if feels so good

Offline billnye