Author Topic: Magic Trackpad as a mouse replacement: maybe for butter fingers  (Read 1674 times)

Offline KHAANNN

My search for a mouse with the texture of the G602 and the low-profile of the Anywhere MX failed (I'm probably looking for my old VX Nano) - so I decided to try the Magic Trackpad as a mouse replacement
(The high profile of the G602 strains my hand)

It's a beautiful device on osx, very fun to use, very easy to get used to, no connection issues, yet it lacks the feedback of a real mouse, when combined with a mechanical keyboard, the result is confusing/unusable

Cherry MX Clear's require a lot of force to use, and they are fun to use, when your hand goes from the Clear's to the Trackpad, a mismatch in force requirement occurs, when you return back to the keyboard, misclicks happen frequently

Ergonomics-wise speaking, the issue is the same, you can't rest your hand on the trackpad, the hand has to glide, so it requires more effort to use compared to a regular mouse, while the clicks/tap require less force

So If anyone else is thinking of trying the same setup, it might work if you use Red's/Brown's - touch type and don't bottom out frequently

Yet If you are a Clear/Green user like me who likes to bash stuff, it's a no-no, but it's still a nice device to have as a mouse replacement for lying in front of the computer on a couch/watching stuff (a controller during media consumption)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days