Author Topic: [IC] Theseus75 | New Year, New Colors  (Read 47299 times)

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
Re: [IC] Theseus75 | First Vendors Announced!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 19:38:20 »
Ahh I see. Unfortunate as this board seems really incredibly amazing, but I don’t think I could get by without 2+ XT columns, but my layout needs are really specific. I’m not sure having a blocker really solves the issue as I feel like it would make the board look even more unbalanced than 2 XT columns would. I also think the popularity of designs like the SP-111 shows people are open to more keys on the left even if it “looks uneven” (which I don’t see), although I don’t know exactly the numbers on that. I feel like if I bought this, I’d end up ignoring the XT column, which just makes the board larger than it needs to be. I feel like it also takes away from using a separate macropad/numpad on the left because it’s taking up extra space without reason.

I think the Keebio Sinc nails the 75XT layout, and larger keyboard sizes don’t actually address it unless they have a lefty numpad since the issue is having more keys on the left rather than right. Dunno if I could justify a 4-500 USD art piece. I might be able to swing it with a macropad on the left for my macros, but then the single  column would bother me. I agree with FireWalker. 2/3XT or numpad is the way to go. 1 is purely aesthetics, although that does seem to be the primary intention, so it’s working as intended! No disrespect intended, still an amazing design others haven’t ventured to take a risk on. 75XT is my favorite layout

Still want to support for the uniqueness of the project, so we’ll see

None taken at all, I appreciate the suggestion! To be completely honest I've never used an XT layout before, so I'm probably missing out on some productivity boosts.

Though I will say, the idea of having a macropad/numpad on the left is interesting: with the USB hub feature, you could still technically daisy-chain a numpad off the Theseus (as long as both devices don't exceed 500 mA), which is something I plan on trying for my own setup as a southpaw/leftie. ;)

Offline Dhom25

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 09:35:17 »
Have you tried reaching out to Barret Creative? He made the wooden versions of Kiko's KL-90.

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
Re: [IC] Theseus75 | New Photos + Vendors
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 16:00:12 »
New photos and vendors added to OP!

Joining the team:
  • EU: KEYGEM
  • OCE: ALL CAPS
  • PH: Zion Studios
  • CN: zFrontier

In other news: first round of PCB prototypes are finished and have arrived! :D Still a few things to iron out between now and the next batch, but huge shout-out to @ebastler for his meticulous work there. Looking forward to sharing more photos soon!

Also: if you haven't already, feel free to join the Discord server for more detailed updates and discussions. Thanks all!

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 28 June 2023, 16:02:15 »
Have you tried reaching out to Barret Creative? He made the wooden versions of Kiko's KL-90.

I have actually, but I think given the complexity of the case and the handmade processes he uses, it wouldn't be tenable for him to be able to mass-produce something like this. Maybe a good idea for a LE run though!

Offline QWER|key

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 30 July 2023, 10:08:28 »
This is really nice, and may even tempt me to get another split.  Colours are great too. 

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
Re: [IC] Theseus75 | New Photos, Updated Mount
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 09:15:39 »
New (professional) photos added! Reorganized the OP into sections for easier reading and added details about the new mounting system. Eager to hear your thoughts! Thanks all. :D

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 03 August 2023, 11:16:37 »
This is really nice, and may even tempt me to get another split.  Colours are great too.

Thank you! :prayge:

Offline eaglevee

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 15 August 2023, 06:41:28 »
how does the magnet stay in place? do you screw them in?

Offline ToFuMaNiA

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 20:32:38 »
really liking the idea of the board!

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 19:32:40 »
how does the magnet stay in place? do you screw them in?

They'll be glued; I originally wanted them to be screwed in, but (A) the space was too shallow, (B) finding a magnet with the right dimensions was tricky, and (C) it didn't look great once I did it tbh.  :-[

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
Re: [IC] Theseus75 | New Year, New Colors
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 02 February 2024, 19:36:32 »
I know it's already February, but Happy New Year! :D Updated the IC Form and OP with two new potential colorways, as well as updated kit info, extras, and the vendor list to include MOKB Store.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 February 2024, 19:38:57 by haversnail »

Offline Louwii

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 12:42:09 »
Hmm, I think it's time for my new endgame.  ;)

Is there a rough timeline on the Theseus75? I don't think I saw any.

Offline haversnail

• Personal Site
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 13:52:06 »

There is ;D Originally I had announced a tentative GB date of Q1 of this year in the newsletter updates and Discord — but tbf I know it's already getting near the end of the quarter, so it will likely end up being Q2 (as long as everything goes well). In either case, I'll be sure to update this thread once dates are finalized!
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 March 2024, 13:53:59 by haversnail »

Offline Louwii

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 19 March 2024, 10:32:25 »

There is ;D Originally I had announced a tentative GB date of Q1 of this year in the newsletter updates and Discord — but tbf I know it's already getting near the end of the quarter, so it will likely end up being Q2 (as long as everything goes well). In either case, I'll be sure to update this thread once dates are finalized!

Great, thanks!

Offline FireWalker

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 18:12:13 »
Whats the production quantity of all black color split keyboard? Will they be produced in limited batches/production? Which Q2 2024 month is the release?