Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 280152 times)

Offline lemur

• personal text
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 09:10:40 »
I really like the muted look here.

Would be interested if it came to be.

One suggestion as a person who uses a standalone numpad: a standalone numpad kit (or, considering the different color themes being worked on, multiple kits as was done with DSA Deep Space) with the extra caps to suit external numpads.

... for example, it'd need ESC, TAB, BACKSPACE, = (equals), 00, 1x 0, ..1x + (plus)

so it can work on the Keycool 22, Leopold 210TP, Cherry G80-3700, Goldtouch numpad, etc..

keyboards

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 19:06:58 »
1800 profile please : D

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 23:29:04 »
Awesome color scheme, I'm always a fan of great programming palettes that are easy on the eyes. Would love this to be in GMK  :thumb: Plus I've been trying to look for more dark alpha-based sets!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 16:55:06 »
I like the idea, I know that similar things have been long brewing for GMK, for example, Sheraton's new Sky Dolch Modifiers gets close to the uniquely coloured modifiers concept

My .02
1) No Cmd/Meta/Super like keycaps = :(
2) Maybe stick to the core ideals of your set, drop monochrome, and instead add various assorted modifiers instead - If someone is looking for double-coloured modifiers, there are other options
2-a) Or double-down on monochrome, add various modifiers for various usages
3) Coloured arrows could be interesting too

The Git modifiers are super cool, I personally wouldn't use them tho
Another personal opinion, while GMK/Cherry is best, DSA > SA for coding for me, SA looks great, but it's super tall

------

Honest opinion, while the set is OSX-hostile, "Chalk, Oblivion, Git" combo could be a big-hit in SA, for coders without OCD - tho it's awfully similar to SA Penumbra

#1 Was mentioned before and has now been addressed
#2 The only other monochrome SA sets I can think of are Ice Cap and Soldier 88
#2.1 examples?
#3 A colored arrow pack is not a terrible idea, though it would result in a set of 20 keys of which only 20% would be used at a time (each color being a kit would be horrible for MOQ and pricing), will post that later tonight
#4 an OSX pack could be added

Never used SA and I'm pretty skeptical of it but this is gorgeous!

I usualy use Monokai (I think thats what it's called) in all my text editors but I think I might be changing now :p

One change I would like to see though, would be keeping the bottom row legends white rather than red and blue, similar to how penumbra was designed, not a big deal though.

Great stuff!

#1 If you want the full experience, the font I use and is pictured in the source code image is Mononoki, its truly gorgeous! http://madmalik.github.io/mononoki/
#2 Default legend colors for the bottom row is boring, thats where the Monochrome kit steps in

I really like the muted look here.

Would be interested if it came to be.

One suggestion as a person who uses a standalone numpad: a standalone numpad kit (or, considering the different color themes being worked on, multiple kits as was done with DSA Deep Space) with the extra caps to suit external numpads.

... for example, it'd need ESC, TAB, BACKSPACE, = (equals), 00, 1x 0, ..1x + (plus)

so it can work on the Keycool 22, Leopold 210TP, Cherry G80-3700, Goldtouch numpad, etc..

I'm not quite sure why the numpad keys need to be split up from the rest of the set because your physical keyboard is split up aswell... I'm missing something here. But I changed that now anyways, detailed below. (I think your missing keys are now present as well)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for all the valuable input and kind words from everyone! It means a lot!

So, first of all I wanted to address the colors. I am now using color codes according to this list https://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours - the sides are now the base color with luminescence reduced by 10%, the borders of the keys with 20% reduction. KLE.com put the base color on the sides, though the chips were sampled with a photospectrometer, so the resulting color would be the exposed one, not the occluded one. T0mb3ry recommended using these color codes aswell, and after checking his GMK previews he appears to have done it the same way as I now do. Color chips for grays and whites have been changed a bit now, see below. Please do not suggest different color codes if your monitor is some old ass TN panel. I'm using 1 year old IPS panels myself that will also be color calibrated using a ColorMunki come Tuesday.

Another big change is the Numpad. After adding another 5 keys to the Numpad part of the Oblivion set, I felt it was getting too much to put the burden on all the TKL, 60% and other layout users to justify this move. Including the keys into the main sets would of course not equal the additional price as we see for standalone Numpad kits as the bigger a set gets, the less each additional key will cost, but it was time to cut that off nonetheless. But instead of creating two Numpad kits for each Quarry and Chalk, I have kept them together for the following reasons

#1 The dark non-numbers keys would be duplicates for people double dipping on both Quarry and Chalk, which I think won't be too few
#2 MOQ. Imagine we had two kits, each get 50 orders and cost 30$ then. If we instead put the kits together, lose the 11 duplicate keys and now have an MOQ of 100, the set would remain around 30$.

Various other set changes: Git kit now features a 1u GIT GUD and 1u GIT Icon key, as well as a 1.25u blue STASH key. Oblivion now includes two 1.25u orange CODE keys as an alternative to WIN, this change also affected the Monochrome kit.

Lastly, Chalk has been re branded to Hagoromo after the legendary Japanese chalk maker that sadly went out of business. Their chalk was regarded as the best ever produced according to many bright minds who scribbled their formulas onto whiteboards with them, google for more details. Since the name is originally a Japanese play that is a millennia old, I don't think this would be a copyright issue, like calling a Valentine kit "Romeo & Juliet". Credits for this change go to a good friend of mine who came up with the new name which I initially wanted to use for the Chalk Modifier set previewed on the previous page, but I have scratched that idea now as it would bloat this GB too much (Numpad would have to go back into the base sets, specialties keys will be required, etc etc)

Color codes - Base: GD, Legends: GAL

Color codes - Base: WFK, Legends: GD

Color codes - Base: GQM, Legends: GAL (gray) / ON / RCJ / VAT / YBP / BBJ

Color codes - See Quarry, Hagoromo and Oblivion sets

Color codes - See Oblivion set

Color codes - See Oblivion set
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2016, 17:34:07 by Oblotzky »

Offline doostin

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 17:09:17 »
Love the colors. I'd be interested if HHKB layout is supported.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 18:50:48 »

Time to sleep, will get on Ergodox (blank) and Planck tomorrow and update the Fullsize examples. A google doc for feedback data will follow once the specialties are covered.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 October 2016, 18:52:30 by Oblotzky »

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 19:01:52 »
holy

a git kit is everything i've ever wanted in this hobby

i just never knew until now

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 19:22:29 »
Those kits are looking incredible, more and more excited for this set every time. I'm not even a fan of multiple colours on mod keys but this is fantastic, the git and coloured arrows kits are just icing on the cake.

Offline profet

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 20:57:29 »

Jeez... stop using for loops.

Code: [Select]
        public static void Initialize()
        {
            var fileCount = Directory.GetFiles("Content/sprites/", "*.txt").Count();

Sprites.spriteAtlasConnection = Enumerable.Range(0, fileCount).Select(i =>
            {
                using (var fileStream = new FileStream($"Content/sprites/sprite_atlas_{i}.png", FileMode.Open))
                {
                    return Texture2D.FromStream(Graphics3D.GraphicsDevice, fileStream);
                }
            }).ToArray();

Sprites.spriteAtlasDataCollection = Enumerable.Range(0, fileCount).Select(i => LoadSpriteAtlasData($"Content/sprites/sprite_atlas_{i}.txt")).ToArray();

Sprites.cursor = Sprits.CreateSprite("cursor", DrawAlignment.TopLeft);
        }

Bringing custom Ergodoxes to the masses.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/102649

Offline rondg

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 04:03:49 »

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:16:28 »
I like the idea, I know that similar things have been long brewing for GMK, for example, Sheraton's new Sky Dolch Modifiers gets close to the uniquely coloured modifiers concept

My .02
1) No Cmd/Meta/Super like keycaps = :(
2) Maybe stick to the core ideals of your set, drop monochrome, and instead add various assorted modifiers instead - If someone is looking for double-coloured modifiers, there are other options
2-a) Or double-down on monochrome, add various modifiers for various usages
3) Coloured arrows could be interesting too

The Git modifiers are super cool, I personally wouldn't use them tho
Another personal opinion, while GMK/Cherry is best, DSA > SA for coding for me, SA looks great, but it's super tall

------

Honest opinion, while the set is OSX-hostile, "Chalk, Oblivion, Git" combo could be a big-hit in SA, for coders without OCD - tho it's awfully similar to SA Penumbra

#1 Was mentioned before and has now been addressed
#2 The only other monochrome SA sets I can think of are Ice Cap and Soldier 88
#2.1 examples?
#3 A colored arrow pack is not a terrible idea, though it would result in a set of 20 keys of which only 20% would be used at a time (each color being a kit would be horrible for MOQ and pricing), will post that later tonight
#4 an OSX pack could be added

For #2, I think we are talking about different things, I was referring to regular 2-color keycap sets, with different alpha/modifier colouring, as a direct comparison, the DT "Round"'s (7bit's) are very similar - not very important tho - since the "Round"'s aren't sadly mainstream

For #2-#2.1 - I think this is a good example, https://ctrlalt.io/buys/sa-retro, Matt3o does a great job at covering alternatives

When the IC matures, I might add more concrete opinions, not going to dilute the conversations right now

Edit: One thing tho, for a set aimed at programmers, 1.75 CapsLock is super useless, it would be nice to at least have the 1.75 CONTROL and 1.75 Stepped CTRL
Colours are too complicated for me, but with the direction this IC is heading, I would join for the alphas and the monochrome option (and arrows at least)
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:20:14 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 08:18:18 »
Show Image

Jeez... stop using for loops.

Code: [Select]
        public static void Initialize()
        {
            var fileCount = Directory.GetFiles("Content/sprites/", "*.txt").Count();

Sprites.spriteAtlasConnection = Enumerable.Range(0, fileCount).Select(i =>
            {
                using (var fileStream = new FileStream($"Content/sprites/sprite_atlas_{i}.png", FileMode.Open))
                {
                    return Texture2D.FromStream(Graphics3D.GraphicsDevice, fileStream);
                }
            }).ToArray();

Sprites.spriteAtlasDataCollection = Enumerable.Range(0, fileCount).Select(i => LoadSpriteAtlasData($"Content/sprites/sprite_atlas_{i}.txt")).ToArray();

Sprites.cursor = Sprits.CreateSprite("cursor", DrawAlignment.TopLeft);
        }

I wasn't looking for code review, but lets see what you got here...

#1 var? This isn't JavaScript
#2 You have successfully increased the required time to execute the operation from 26ms to 40ms. Congratulations. Hint: LINQ sucks when it comes to performance.
#3 The code appears less readable to me.

I'll pass.

For #2, I think we are talking about different things, I was referring to regular 2-color keycap sets, with different alpha/modifier colouring, as a direct comparison, the DT "Round"'s (7bit's) are very similar - not very important tho - since the "Round"'s aren't sadly mainstream

For #2-#2.1 - I think this is a good example, https://ctrlalt.io/buys/sa-retro, Matt3o does a great job at covering alternatives

When the IC matures, I might add more concrete opinions, not going to dilute the conversations right now

Edit: One thing tho, for a set aimed at programmers, 1.75 CapsLock is super useless, it would be nice to at least have the 1.75 CONTROL and 1.75 Stepped CTRL
Colours are too complicated for me, but with the direction this IC is heading, I would join for the alphas and the monochrome option (and arrows at least)

#2.1 I will look into it, thanks

Regarding CapsLock alternatives, Seeing how many other sets include a 1.75u CONTROL key I will add that one now. I do not quite understand the stepped CTRL key though, I assume it is purely for the aesthetic some prefer? Or does the physical form have a use like homing keys.

Offline profet

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 09:00:27 »

#2 You have successfully increased the required time to execute the operation from 26ms to 40ms. Congratulations. Hint: LINQ sucks when it comes to performance.

I'll pass.

• You're right... it's not javascript. 'var' allows quicker refactoring and is just syntactic sugar. It has no run time effect.
  • I wouldn't be so quick to blame linq here, it probably has more to do with how you are not using 'Dispose' correctly. You should either use 'using' or put your Dispose in a 'finally' block.
  • You're obviously not comfortable with lambdas if you think this is less readable. It certainly is easier to read for C# developers.

**Edit: 

Quick little demo to show you how wrong you are:  http://pastebin.com/VfZYgcPZ
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 October 2016, 12:42:30 by profet »
Bringing custom Ergodoxes to the masses.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/102649

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 09:59:07 »

#2.1 I will look into it, thanks

Regarding CapsLock alternatives, Seeing how many other sets include a 1.75u CONTROL key I will add that one now. I do not quite understand the stepped CTRL key though, I assume it is purely for the aesthetic some prefer? Or does the physical form have a use like homing keys.

Both, some keyboards only have a stepped 1.75 key, I personally build 60%'s from scratch, given both options, if the stepped version of the keycap is available, I will go for the stepped one, 1.75 stepped ctrl is so alluring

I also had a custom 1.75 SYSTEM keycap, might share the picture of that one, CapsLock is a glorious waste of space, since most keyboards are programmable lately, I had a system layer on the spot, but as my usage evolved, I only have SYSTEM+ESC mapped to POWER

TL;DR: Consider a stepped 1.75 Ctrl too, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70595.0, It's becoming almost standard now, GMK Hyperfuse has it too

Also, apart from this IC, as a personal suggestion, try it out yourself too, it's pretty fun - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69169.0 using this converter you can re-program almost any keyboard practically
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 12:51:06 »
I love it! really looking forward for this set. i'd buy the set in a heartbeat if the price is right  ;D. Also, is it sculpted ?
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline arhetue

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 13:12:59 »
Looking good. I like the colored arrows. I am starting to think I would need to get both sets of alphas if and when this goes live.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 16:45:20 »

I'll pass.

• You're right... it's not javascript. 'var' allows quicker refactoring and is just syntactic sugar. It has no run time effect.
  • I wouldn't be so quick to blame linq here, it probably has more to do with how you are not using 'Dispose' correctly. You should either use 'using' or put your Dispose in a 'finally' block.
  • You're obviously not comfortable with lambdas if you think this is less readable. It certainly is easier to read for C# developers.

**Edit: 

Quick little demo to show you how wrong you are:  http://pastebin.com/VfZYgcPZ

Please don't derail the thread over stylistic issues of a piece of code. No one profits from it, imho.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 18:25:36 »
not sure if these have already been mentioned or are planned, but the original post is missing some important compatibility kits, namely Tsangan (winkeyless), HHKB (split backspace, split right shift, etc.), and ISO.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 18:39:37 »
not sure if these have already been mentioned or are planned, but the original post is missing some important compatibility kits, namely Tsangan (winkeyless), HHKB (split backspace, split right shift, etc.), and ISO.

Working on that currently. Finishing up Ergodox (blank) and Planck at the moment, also got another Novelty set in mind similar to Git that I would like to show off in the coming days. If anyone wants to lend a hand here, you can find me on the mechkeys Discord, just hit me up there anytime (same name).

Regarding row profile, I'll sleep a couple more nights about it but I feel like I have decided on one for myself. Kinda don't want to say it right away because people like to grab the pitchforks immediately, but either way, there will be disappointed people so it will have to be done at some point.

And let's just please drop the code teachings. This is not the thread for this, I like my for loops so lets leave it at that, thanks.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:13:08 »
is it possible to get 2.75u blanks? (split space custom)

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 19:16:45 »
Good to hear. I have some preference as far as sculpturing, but not enough to make me hate a set because of it. I'm sure it will turn out very nice, regardless.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:28:19 »
Really like this.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Perfex

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 02:32:00 »
Definitely interested!

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 04:24:19 »
I really like this set too, very interested indeed!
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 09:04:46 »
I like the color scheme and would be interested in acquiring a few kits.
I like keyboards

Offline MrWildBunnycat

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 12:32:25 »
Oooooh, me likey. Would make wallet lighter if this came to be.

Offline johuu

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 13:01:10 »
My interest is --force pushed.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:25:50 »

Big images for all kits in first post, many thanks to /u/thinman for allowing me to copy pasta his preview style! Much nicer to look at now. The shading still only affects the sides, top and legend colors are 100% unaffected.

Also please cast your vote for the row profile here: http://www.strawpoll.me/11418435 (this poll is not a binding decision, this is a survey rather than a poll) My personal tendency is 2-2-3-3-3-3 because there are plenty fully sculpted ones, this profile is so far only used by the Filco SA set and the to-be-produced Godspeed Cockpit setup. I want this set to be very useful in an actual working environment, which I feel fully sculpted ones aren't so much. Functionality over aesthetics in that regard.

TODO:
- Sleep
- Decide on profile
- Create specialties kits such as ISO, Tsangan/Whitefox, 1800, Dvorak/Colemak. All these will be done AFTER the profile has been decided. (Planck will probably be changed a little aswell depending on the row profile chosen)
- /query SP
- ?
- Profit

PS: I'm using postimg.org now to host the images as with the new previews imgur converts them to ugly jpegs now. Hope that's not causing problems for someone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:56:46 by Oblotzky »

Offline atectatifern

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion [Strawpoll for profile at top of first post]
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:55:09 »
Penumbra who? Seriously, if this becomes available, my interest in Penumubra R2 is as dead as a doornail.

Offline outsider

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 21:09:28 »
This looks great. Count me in for an SA kit.

Offline KyleZhuang

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 21:37:04 »
Since you split the TKL kit into alphas with two colors, I think the numpad should be split as well.
BTW, I do love this set!!
REALFORCE 104 Pro-30

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 21:40:03 »
needs wkl keys  :thumb:

Offline ixtopolis

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 21:41:16 »
Count me in on this. And while I personally would like GMK, as I don't have any GMK sets, I do like your idea of 223333 SA, since I skipped Cockpit on Godspeed.

Offline gandroider

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:51:14 »
I would love to see this on a GB soon. Really interested in this (SA or DSA will do just fine)!

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:55:03 »
No love for 40% boards? Being a web developer, I would love if this set was compatible with my MiniVan.

Overall though, I love it. I really like the colors you've selected, expecially for the git set. I haven't tried GMK/SA profiles so I have no comments there.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:56:59 by SpareWalrus »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 23:00:03 »
No love for 40% boards? Being a web developer, I would love if this set was compatible with my MiniVan.

Overall though, I love it. I really like the colors you've selected, expecially for the git set. I haven't tried GMK/SA profiles so I have no comments there.

I would assume 40% is in the works - Oblotzky mentioned he is working on child kits such as Tsafox, 1800, Colemak and the likes, 40% is so popular nowadays I'm sure it'll come up.

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 23:01:21 »

I would assume 40% is in the works - Oblotzky mentioned he is working on child kits such as Tsafox, 1800, Colemak and the likes, 40% is so popular nowadays I'm sure it'll come up.
I really hope so, I'd be all over this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline joripage

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 23:06:02 »
since it's for programmer, can you please make the color of ; key more special :P

Offline SpareWalrus

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 23:09:18 »
since it's for programmer, can you please make the color of ; key more special
LOL or remove the legend from the key since we're always hunting for the missing ;

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 02:58:39 »
This is looking better and better and will be a sure buy from me.
I like keyboards

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 03:11:39 »
Damn the planck looking really god with all those colored legend! Just make sure have multiple row of several legends. If you are going sculptured, Godspeed's Planck kit is on the spot.

Offline The_Boom_Boy

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 04:13:26 »
Wow looks fantastic. Will definitely be hopping on the group buy

Offline XTgg

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 04:49:45 »
333333 plaese! what about preoinc and atomic users? :)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 04:56:17 »
Since you split the TKL kit into alphas with two colors, I think the numpad should be split as well.
BTW, I do love this set!!

But instead of creating two Numpad kits for each Quarry and Chalk, I have kept them together for the following reasons

#1 The dark non-numbers keys would be duplicates for people double dipping on both Quarry and Chalk, which I think won't be too few
#2 MOQ. Imagine we had two kits, each get 50 orders and cost 30$ then. If we instead put the kits together, lose the 11 duplicate keys and now have an MOQ of 100, the set would remain around 30$.

---------------------------

333333 plaese! what about preoinc and atomic users? :)

More specialties to come once row profile is decided

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 05:05:36 »
Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but 1-2-3-3-4-3 maybe

Offline vincentalpha

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:33:23 »
the set is missing a SHIFT 1.75 fo 96 layout users. Please modify!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:42:20 »
For me it's no need to make the color mirrorred (left and right mods) since the code itself looks scattered chaosly ordered in nature. I prefer each color represent an action, example: blue for navigation (arrow, page up/down), red for decision (enter, delete, escape), green for modifier (ctrl, alt, meta, command), etc. This way I think the set will look more meaningfull.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:53:22 »
For me it's no need to make the color mirrorred (left and right mods) since the code itself looks scattered chaosly ordered in nature. I prefer each color represent an action, example: blue for navigation (arrow, page up/down), red for decision (enter, delete, escape), green for modifier (ctrl, alt, meta, command), etc. This way I think the set will look more meaningfull.

The problem with coloured modifiers is that, even if you had the perfect replicator, it would be nearly impossible to find a balance between, color, meaning, use, looks - you could go crazy trying

For a GB like this, or Penumbra, the best course of action is to either love it or bail, and I'm not saying this in a hostile way, on the contrary, It's more of an advice for myself (Options are always limited, otherwise, for you, I prefer Orange Esc, Red Backspace, and uniquely coloured modifiers)

If you listen to those who are around for years, they have it simplified, instead of meaning, they just concentrate on looks, it's probably the best course of action

I'm personally using a colorscheme called Afterglow, it's a bit similar to this one: https://github.com/YabataDesign/afterglow-theme - syntax/coloring wise It's not complete, nor it makes complete sense, I've recently attempted to modify the colorscheme myself, and after that, for another project, attempted to edit a CodeMirror colorscheme (for http://adventure.land's CODE)

What I learned is, just go with the flow without thinking too much on the meaning, or the symmetry, or the completeness, or functionality, even if you get it functionally correct, it most probably won't look good

Offline doom2

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:14:17 »
Love it! Would totally be in for dox and TKL sets!

Offline nick@selimis.com

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 15:11:05 »
Text on the ergodox Please!! with that im IN!