Author Topic: Nightcaps: | | |  (Read 45319140 times)

Offline Corgi Butts

Re: Nightcaps: Poisoned Summer: Day 50
« Reply #13550 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 11:54:50 »
He still uses it, it seems, for random unannounced sales without a birb - usually of very few caps (time to run a raffle for 1 cap?) or unpaid invoices or maybe B-grades or bad experiments I think. Basically impossible to catch though unless you F5 his eBay constantly.

If you look at who purchased the last few eggfaces on ebay, you'll see that it's mostly the same people. So it's not impossible, you just need the right setup.

i.e. Bots...

No.  So many people blame the bots and it's salty and lame.  I was able to get an Aquaculture and a Horticulture on eBay by a basic and classic F5'ing of ETF's listings page after the canary dropped.  I happened to be at home during both of those sales, on the East Coast of the U.S., with a decent connection via powerline adapter but certainly not as much bandwidth as many other people in this community.  I think being on the East Coast of the U.S. is a good spot for seeing ETF's listings page update, and being logged into eBay and ready to go after the canary drops is enough to snag one if you click quickly and accurately.

Yea, but that's different.  You said you had notification before hand via the Birb.  Sure, you give me 5 minutes heads up and I'll be F5ing like a madman on ebay when they go live.  We were talking about the ones that went up last night at 1am EST with no notification. 

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13551 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 11:56:45 »
I think this is why he's abandoned eBay for actual sales....we convinced him it was unfair, not just in a 'waaah, it's not fair' salty way.

I don't genuinely believe Bots are doing it, I think this is just salty response. I think it's a propagation thing - certain regions get it before elsewhere, and where 20 caps go in <10 seconds, this is unfortunately enough to make it fundamentally unfair.

Single cap sales make sense though cos it's a lot of effort otherwise.

I wouldn't mind more scavenger hunts but they take time to organise....long as everyone's on a level playing field it's fair!

I'm not referring to bots for the actual automated purchase, but rather to monitor his listings and alert when a new one has been posted.  Like NowInStock.net, which has been helpful in netting me some hard to find stuff as soon as they show up on the monitored sites.

Offline SmilingPolitely

« Reply #13552 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:01:14 »
Mobile eBay has access to new listings instantaneously, as far as I can tell. I assume it has to do with the way it pulls search results--guessing via the API. On the other hand, the web interface is an absolute crapshoot.

Again, guessing, but I believe API calls will pull search results instantaneously, regardless of location. In the past ETF sales I've had the item pop up in mobile right away but not on the website until after they were sold.

Further, you're kidding yourself if you think these unannounced sales are going to "lucky" people. All sold within 20 seconds, and no announcement? They're running software that's pinging search results at the very least. Note that a page refresher is not enough.

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13553 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:02:41 »
Didn't mean to start this **** show when I brought up the eBay listing this morning -.-

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #13554 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:04:04 »
I bought an unannounced ebay sale with no bot and I didnt have the page on constant refresh ama

Offline SmilingPolitely

« Reply #13555 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:04:18 »
I don't see a sh*t show here. Just some friendly discussion. ;)

Offline the-slunk

« Reply #13556 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:06:25 »
I don't see a sh*t show here. Just some friendly discussion. ;)
Yeah that's true, I didn't mean **** show in aggression. Rather the back and forth discussion about ebay, I feel like we all agree on it yet continue to reiterate the fact that some will have an advantage over others.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #13557 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:07:38 »
He still uses it, it seems, for random unannounced sales without a birb - usually of very few caps (time to run a raffle for 1 cap?) or unpaid invoices or maybe B-grades or bad experiments I think. Basically impossible to catch though unless you F5 his eBay constantly.

If you look at who purchased the last few eggfaces on ebay, you'll see that it's mostly the same people. So it's not impossible, you just need the right setup.

i.e. Bots...

No.  So many people blame the bots and it's salty and lame.  I was able to get an Aquaculture and a Horticulture on eBay by a basic and classic F5'ing of ETF's listings page after the canary dropped.  I happened to be at home during both of those sales, on the East Coast of the U.S., with a decent connection via powerline adapter but certainly not as much bandwidth as many other people in this community.  I think being on the East Coast of the U.S. is a good spot for seeing ETF's listings page update, and being logged into eBay and ready to go after the canary drops is enough to snag one if you click quickly and accurately.

When you know the sale is coming in 5 minutes, it's "easy" to get, but when they're posted in the middle of the night, they're still gone in under 30 seconds, and by the same group of people. All I was saying is that certain people have a setup that's allowing them to snag the unannounced sales nearly every time.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
« Reply #13558 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:12:16 »
Can we all discuss the fact that the post title has changed now but no notice of location...... /mm maybe???

Offline bamchk

• Hi! Smiling is my favourite thing to do :)
« Reply #13559 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:16:42 »
Can we all discuss the fact that the post title has changed now but no notice of location...... /mm maybe???

I think it's because he used eBay today? I'm trying to read through the thread but don't know if people are mad because he did do it on there only or not.

Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing what they looked like!

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13560 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:18:35 »

i.e. Bots...

When you know the sale is coming in 5 minutes, it's "easy" to get, but when they're posted in the middle of the night, they're still gone in under 30 seconds, and by the same group of people. All I was saying is that certain people have a setup that's allowing them to snag the unannounced sales nearly every time.

My point exactly.  And the reason I brought it up is because I want to know how they are doing it...so I can do it too!  ;D

Offline Konjungamo

« Reply #13561 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:20:01 »

I think it's because he used eBay today? I'm trying to read through the thread but don't know if people are mad because he did do it on there only or not.

Nah, the un-announced ebay sales don't count toward the official sale, that's why it doesn't say "Completed" in the title yet, today's sale is still on and no one knows where it will be so far :)

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13562 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:20:15 »

If that was the case it would say Day 50 Complete.  I don't think the quick ebay sale last night at 1am was Day 50.  And they looked like this:

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #13563 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:24:27 »

If that was the case it would say Day 50 Complete.  I don't think the quick ebay sale last night at 1am was Day 50.  And they looked like this:

Show Image

Holy crap, that's nice.

I'm so salty I missed every single black and white/no face these past few days. Bad timing, no Topre etc

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline bamchk

• Hi! Smiling is my favourite thing to do :)
« Reply #13564 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:29:07 »

Show Image

Ah gotcha! Those are so awesome!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:42:15 by bamchk »

Offline Andrewbot5

« Reply #13565 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 13:58:59 »
Quick question for ETF or whoever else knows, but what distinguishes Vaporwave 1 and 2? I haven't seen either in person so I have no clue what they look like but I do have one coming in the mail and would love to know how I will tell the two apart if I end up with one of each.

Offline JJ

« Reply #13566 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:00:34 »
https://m.imgur.com/a/zJlMr

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Andrewbot5

« Reply #13567 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:02:35 »
https://m.imgur.com/a/zJlMr

Half and Half vs. Spots of Color?

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #13568 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:04:33 »
Quick question for ETF or whoever else knows, but what distinguishes Vaporwave 1 and 2? I haven't seen either in person so I have no clue what they look like but I do have one coming in the mail and would love to know how I will tell the two apart if I end up with one of each.

VI is split vertically (left is purple, right is blue) and VII is split horizontally (bottom is blue, top is purple).

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #13569 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:41:46 »

VI is split vertically (left is purple, right is blue) and VII is split horizontally (bottom is blue, top is purple).
This isn't true. V1 is split down the middle, v2 is blue with purple splatter.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #13570 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:50:31 »

This isn't true. V1 is split down the middle, v2 is blue with purple splatter.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

"down the middle" AKA vertically separated, splatter on top AKA horizontally separated (albeit not a clean split like I)

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #13571 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:24:13 »
Was there a count on how many were sold of the day 13? That is kind of the end game, but I would like to know what I'm getting myself into.

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #13572 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:29:40 »
The picture of the batch shows 20, which is the most often used number in these sales I think. So I think that's a safe guess.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #13573 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:30:46 »
The picture of the batch shows 20, which is the most often used number in these sales I think. So I think that's a safe guess.

Off topic, I know, but what's your avatar from? Pretty cool.

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #13574 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:31:37 »

Ok cool. I've only seen the image in that album and I got worried by how few were there.

Offline I_am_not_me_

« Reply #13575 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:34:25 »
It's a Yugioh card. I don't play anymore but the theme of a deck I really loved was a hybrid of Wizard of Oz and Star Wars. The little guy on my avatar was r2d2/Tincan.

[edit] and thank you
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:38:54 by I_am_not_me_ »

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #13576 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 16:37:29 »
Embrace the majik. No other cap matters.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #13577 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 16:39:17 »

Show Image

Some call it perfectly "superb".

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #13578 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 16:41:00 »

Show Image

Some call it perfectly "superb".

But we call it "The Stig"!

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #13579 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:18:23 »

More
More

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13580 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:19:11 »
My body is ready

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13581 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:19:11 »
dsfokjgsdklfgjsdlkfg

Is this Clackvent??

Offline JJ

« Reply #13582 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:19:12 »
It's here bois

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #13583 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:19:48 »
Dem Devilkins!

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #13584 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:20:10 »
It's here bois

Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nedgo

• Twitch
« Reply #13585 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:21:05 »
It's here bois

Source?

He just means like the drop is here.

Offline DirtyMonkey43

« Reply #13586 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:21:25 »
It's here bois

Source?

He just means like the drop is here.

Oh lol

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
« Reply #13587 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:21:43 »
Ohhh devilkin
More

Offline Skynet_0

« Reply #13588 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:22:07 »
So, uh, where is it lol

EDIT - /r/MM
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:25:18 by Skynet_0 »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13589 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:23:22 »
WHERE IS THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON??

Offline SmilingPolitely

« Reply #13591 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:24:41 »
POTATO IS BACK ON THE MENU. Dare I?

Offline JJ

« Reply #13592 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:25:24 »
Reddit

Offline nedgo

• Twitch
« Reply #13593 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:25:57 »
Last time it wasn't a bonus! So good luck!

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
« Reply #13594 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:26:09 »
Potato or bust
More

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #13595 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:27:36 »

Do it!

Offline icedogg

« Reply #13596 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:27:51 »
Oh boy, didn't do potato. Hope I got it right. Had to pull over on way home. Put it in park, stay safe out there guys!
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #13597 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:28:16 »
I SO lucky to fill out the form!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #13598 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:29:10 »
I SO lucky to fill out the form!

I'm getting ANSI waiting for an invoice!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #13599 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:29:25 »
Woohoo! Got in!! Thanks!