Author Topic: Sprit PCB Help  (Read 1105 times)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
Sprit PCB Help
« on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:40:41 »
Just got a Sprit Edition PCB. Got a few questions for people who have bought it before

1. Anyone know what the difference is between this and a regular FaceW on the winkeyless store?

2. Does this only support in switch LEDs or can I put LEDs on the bottom of the PCB too so I can get a translucent keyboard housing?

3. Is there an easy programmer tool for this?

4. Where do I get stabilizers? I've only found zealpc, is there anything stateside?

Thanks!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Re: Sprit PCB Help
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:47:38 »
Infiniti has a guide here on programming the pcb.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=cmtna48t66iomjmlts1k7d321veiee0v&topic=58945.0

Regarding the LEDs on the bottom, yes you can. Just solder it at the bottom instead like how you would do it for in switch.
Not sure if it's a good idea to share two LEDs for a switch though, it would make both dim and then there would be problem with the resistors.
Good luck. :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 17:53:42 »
Did you at least try doing a simple google search on any of these questions.......  :rolleyes:

1.sprit pcb is like revision 1 of the facew/B.face. in short sprit < bface

2.the sprit looks like it can support under side led's but you will need to solder an ws2812b led strip. You will need to solder it to the power and data holes near the usb. A ws2812b led strip can be bought on ebay.

3.idk

4.mechanicalkeyboards.com, originative.com, ebay.com

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 21:02:45 »
What is Google? LOL

Unfortunately my Google fu didn't reveal the complete answers I needed, especially points 1 and 2.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 17:35:06 »
for RGB leds, the extra pins on the controller should be broken out, so you can solder an RGB LED strip to those in order to get RGB functionality...