Author Topic: [GB]Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (ORDER THREAD)  (Read 55063 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Orders are now closed, invoices have been sent out and Order goes in on Monday the 17th of Oct. Expect them to arrive about a month from then.
PAY YOUR INVOICES!

Okay, while this group buy may look very similar to the SC2 keycap group buy, we're doing something quite different here. This order is for a set of 13 white PBT keycaps with mostly black legends except a few splashes of tasteful and appropriate color.

This group buy will work similarly to my other thread, where I will not be collecting money until after orders are closed. That saves me the hassle of asking for more or refunding money if demand isn't what I estimate it to be. I expect that we will be getting about 100 orders but I'm not sure. Anyways, on to the buy:

You are buying THESE:
Now with a much better rendering!

They will be in WFJ, a pure, crisp, neutral white. These will have more detail than doubleshots will ever be capable of, and pretty collectible too.

The discussion thread can be found here.

These are Row 1 "ESC" sized and will fit any and all keycaps in the top row of your keyboard- provided you have a Cherry MX Keyboard. No, these aren't for Topres, sorry. I know, I died a little inside and I don't even have a Topre anymore. EK wanted it back etc. Long story. Maybe someday. Membranes, don't even ask. No really, please I beg you, just don't.

Rules and Notes

Payment by Paypal only, do not order if you do not have a verified account yet, and get one if you want these.

Country must be specified with your order, US, CAN or whatever country you're in.

My time is not free, I'm orchestrating this group buy because I want these keys myself, but I cannot be asked to spend the great deal of time that this requires without some compensation. I feel it's pretty reasonable for me to ask for $1 out of the shipping cost as a handling fee. That isn't any great deal of profit but I think that's pretty fair since anyone else could have stepped up and run this show and nobody did. This has already been discussed and the feedback I've gotten has been positive so if you have any complaints please enjoy the round 4 ordering process. :flypig:

I will be ordering extras, how many depends on our total orders and quantity discounts, but there will be extras, and I plan on getting a lot of them. However to encourage and reward everyone for buying them in the group buy itself, expect them to be marked up if you are buying leftovers. See, I told you I was a business student. XD

Reddit link!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Portal/comments/kx772/portal_cherry_mx_keycap_group_buy/

Instructions

US/Canada buyers
1. Specify how many sets you want in both a response to this thread and a PM. I am tallying orders from PMs, not from responses to this thread. The only difference between your reply and PM is that you include your email in the PM. I will be sending the Paypal invoice to this email. When you get that email, please pay immediately, there won't be much time if you want to get these by December.
     -The PM should also include which country you are in, US or Canada etc. State or province doesn't matter since I'm just going to flat rate everything as much as possible. Please put Portal somewhere in the PM title. You can edit your order as many times as you want up until orders close and invoices start going out. Just be sure to send another pm and indicate somewhere in it that you want to change an order and it isn't a new one.

2. Check for your name in the list of confirmed orders in this Original Post (hereafter referred to as "the OP" like hopefully everyone else does.) Expect it to be updated generally within 24 hours, if you don't see it, I haven't gotten your order yet and you need to repost/resend your PM. If I didn't add you to the list it may be because YOU DID IT WRONG. So double check you shiz and make sure it's correct before resending. I will try my best to respond back to clear up any confusion but don't count on it.

3. Wait for the orders to close, and when they do, expect an email from me asking for payment. I'm going to be calculating everyone's individual cost via a really cool excel doc I've whipped up and it's kinda what my major is so there shouldn't be any errors. Nevertheless, if you do the math based upon the final count in the OP and calculate your cost to be different, then respond ASAP to clear it up. When you pay the invoice, be sure to include in there somewhere your shipping address you'd like it shipped to. I'm almost certain Paypal lets you do that with invoices and not just sending payments etc.

4. Wait for keycaps to show up. I will update the OP as needed to indicate the progress of the orders. Including a mass picture of all the keycaps before I send them. Should look awesome.

5. ????????

6. Continue Testing

Notes:
International orders are no longer limited at this time. I have worked out a set reasonable shipping options that I have detailed in the shipping and handling section. Feel free to now place your orders with PMs if all you did was respond to the thread. Do not forget to include your Paypal email and country with your order. Please do specify what kind of shipping you want if you are ordering internationally.

Pricing

Set of 13 keys with Different colors:
25 sets          $22.75 / set
50 sets          $20.26 / set
75 sets          $19.42 / set
100 sets        $19.01 / set

Shipping + Handling

US: $6.00 ($5 + $1 handling) As it stands now I'll be using the $5 flat rate boxes which fit as many as a hundred keys and I'll be sure to stuff them with packing material so they don't bounce everywhere. Don't worry, no giant Amazon inflated air baggy crap.

Canada: ~$7-8 US dollars. ($6-7 +$1 handling) Canada's dollar about on par right now but who knows what it'll be tomorrow. I've yet to get a final price quote on Canadian shipping but expect it to be around there.

International: $10 Bubble envelope, $15 flat rate box. Please specify which you want when ordering. I have made it to the post office to determine accurate pricing for international shipments. I will go ahead and buy a pack of bubble envelopes and offer an alternative to the flat rate boxes I'll be using for most everything else. However, the bubble envelope is not flat rate, and prices could vary from $3 to $12, depending on the weight and country mailed to. Germany, where more than one buyer is located, is on the cheaper end for example, as I tested with some of my own keycaps and an envelope they had on hand. In spite of knowing that, I'm going to just charge $10 for everyone to balance out the variability in cost so I don't lose money, and I feel $10 is pretty reasonable for international shipping and I am going to have to mess around with all sorts of different prices and locations like I didn't want to do and why I originally limited international orders. Delivery will be within 6-10 days for the flat rate, and 10-15 days for the bubble mailers. The bubble mailers will probably only hold around 40 keys, while the flat rate boxes somewhere around 100 from what I've heard. For that reason some people who are ordering large quantities, particularly combined with multiple Portal keycap orders may be forced to use the $15 flat rate. This is in line with what was discussed all along and I hope nobody has any objections... if you do well then, sorry. You can cancel your order at any time, just send me another PM.

Important note for shipping in all instances: If you are buying from both my group buys my goal is to try and get them delivered at the same time so I can ship them out together, combining shipping and saving you money. The only thing you pay for both is the handling charge, so if you're buying both, just take whatever the normal shipping fee is for either buy, and then add a dollar to it.

Paypal fees:
3% of $40 is $1.20 and I don't expect many orders to be above that, so everyone please just pay the fee and do not gift the money. This is for your protection only. It gives you more rights as a buyer and me less headaches if anything goes wrong. If something unfortunate happens then I'm like to just refund you your money. If you really need that extra dollar, fine, its not like I'm going to rip you off just because you want to save a buck or less. I'm an honest guy and would like this to go well and do more of them in the future.

Anyways its the same as the SC2 group buy, 3% + $0.30 for their various fees.

Order Format

Sample order format

Quantity followed by country and anything else you want to say (email if it's the PM) after.

2 x Portal Keyset

(if international, specify which shipping you want)

Thats about all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll add more to it later. Keep an eye on this post for updates. They will be bolded and colored blue from here on to indicate that it's new.

Order counter:

Portal Keysets - 94

Confirmed Order list:

Ragnorock
KeyboardLover
Twinkies
bavman
Kraise
Waterdr1nker
TopazPie
TheSoulhunter
Quarzac
slueth
One_each
Demik
Aids
Reaper
Tr4656
Xmrxkrazy
Vornath
dorkvader
bionicroach
oneproduct
jpm804
GoodKnight
KoolAidMan
Noodles256
Ekw808
edhead999
Hatsuharu
Clack
Tanooki
Ichitz
Naicella
absfac
Chenga91
Playtrumpet
Fluxrez
Ricercar
MrPhil
Son of Gnome
Xenderwind
Placebo Guy
Fleck
Jinzo.pk3
xbb
Hazeluff
Kaiserreich
Lyk503
Zoidbergslo
Abearikishiswisscheese
Lewserr
Foliolio
Paulie
Mehkat1974
Flikstrr
Ascaii
Jonnybastard
DeadJenkins
h0ngE
Tenaku
Gin
Sunneh
ForTruce
Boxed Soup
Gilgam
Disperz
Nokcha
Giantbean
Icithis
Ascii
Ownerer

Total Buyers: 68
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 April 2014, 13:45:10 by Moderation Team »

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (ORDER THREAD)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 18:49:35 »
1 set - with color, USA

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 19:08:21 »
1x Portal Set

do we PM now or later?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 19:13:42 »
1 Set, with all the colors

Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 19:48:01 »
2 x Portal keyset with color

« Last Edit: Sun, 02 October 2011, 07:53:12 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline tr4656

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 20:03:30 »
1 Portal Set

Offline h0ngE

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 20:45:21 »
2x Portal Keyset (with color)

Offline xmrxkrazy

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 21:02:58 »
5 x Portal Keyset

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 October 2011, 16:53:30 by xmrxkrazy »

Offline duotheone

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:59:58 »
in for 1

Offline twinkies

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:09:07 »
1 Portal Set with color

Offline bavman

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:14:42 »
1 x portal keyset with color

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:15:45 »
2 x Portal Keyset

Do we PM with our paypal email or main email?
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:20:12 »
The email you want me to send the paypal invoice to needs to be in your PM.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:24:35 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423162
The email you want me to send the paypal invoice to needs to be in your PM.
To clarify, as I've not done this before: Can you pay a paypal invoice with a paypal account not associated with the email account the invoice is sent to?
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 23:37:07 »
1 set

US
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline kraise

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 00:06:38 »
1 x Portal Keyset

I just couldn't resist.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch Linear R TKL | Matias Tactile Pro 3 LE Silver & Black | Matias Quiet Pro

Offline xbb

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 01:37:04 »
2 sets
Italy

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 02:08:48 »
For international shipping, there are two methods

First Class Mail with padded envelopes, $6 + handling to anywhere
USPS Priority Flat Rate box , $14 + handling to anywhere

Would anyone be willing to take up the international distribution job since the OP is unwilling to ship more than 20 sets to overseas?
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2011, 02:14:11 by kaiserreich »

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 02:45:59 »
1 x Portal Keyset

[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 02:58:00 »
1x portal keyset

Slovenia
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 04:14:43 »
One full set please

Australia...
eagerly awaiting pm

thank you for your consideration
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline Hatsuharu

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 04:16:55 »
1 x Portal Keyset

--Can we combine shipment with Starcraft keys?

Offline TopazPie

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 04:38:54 »
1x Portal Keyset

Offline jinzo.pk3

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 05:01:19 »
1 x Portal Keyset

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 06:55:34 »
1 x Portal Keyset

Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 07:24:23 »
Shame... if these were white on black I would be in...

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 07:53:12 »
2 sets please with shipping to Germany

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 08:30:17 »
2 x Portal Keyset

Offline slueth

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 08:39:53 »
1 colored set for US

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 09:13:33 »
Quote from: Quarzac;423166
To clarify, as I've not done this before: Can you pay a paypal invoice with a paypal account not associated with the email account the invoice is sent to?
I'm not sure, you'll have to ask paypal or check somehow. I'm pretty sure that's possible through one of their different "funding options" though.
Quote from: Hatsuharu;423256
1 x Portal Keyset

--Can we combine shipment with Starcraft keys?

Good question and idea. Yes that's what I'm hoping for but I haven't been able to talk to Melissa about getting them both out at the same time yet. That should save some people a decent amount of money. Basically you'd save the $5 and the handling is $2 instead of $1, make sense? I'll put that in the OP later today after I get done this hw.

Quote from: kaiserreich;423217
For international shipping, there are two methods

First Class Mail with padded envelopes, $6 + handling to anywhere
USPS Priority Flat Rate box , $14 + handling to anywhere

Would anyone be willing to take up the international distribution job since the OP is unwilling to ship more than 20 sets to overseas?

Interesting. It does seem like there is going to be a decent amount of international demand. I'm going to double check those figures but I'm okay with removing the limit if everyone is alright with those shipping options. Since the price difference is quite a bit more, I'd be willing to offer both as long as you specify. That does save me some hassle.

Quote from: csm725;423304
Shame... if these were white on black I would be in...
That's physically impossible. See the discussion thread. Unless you want pad printed ABS keys, then that isn't happening and nobody seemed to want pad printing, especially when its even more expensive than this.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2011, 09:16:12 by Ragnorock »

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 10:02:33 »
Oh right, these are dye-subs.
Is it possible to order one key out of the set?

Offline gilgam

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 11:09:51 »
2 x Portal Keyset

colors or is it possible to get them in black on white ? (doesn't seem to be though)
Realforce 105 FR, HHKB Pro 2 black, 1 Raptor K1 Black Cherry and 1 Raptor K1 Red Cherry , Compag MX 11800  tBrown Cherry, G80-3000 Clear Cherry , G80-1000 Blue Cherry / Ghetto red, Lexmark 1992 SSK Buckling spring, Unicomp 2011 Customizer 102 Buckling spring
and a few rubber dome/scissors keyboards from Apple/Logitech

Offline one_each

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 13:52:07 »
1 Portal Set

**something random**

Offline foliolio

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 14:08:21 »
1 x Portal set

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 20:13:17 »
Copypasta from the SC2 thread, pretty much the exact same thing applies here, only the spread and costs for the buy itself are different.

Okay so I updated the OP with everyone who has PM'd me... if you posted in this thread and your name isn't on that list, its because I didn't get/see your PM, so resend or something.

Counts are doing pretty good already, remember that we're going to hit AT LEAST the 75 key mark for every key except the random, and at least 50 for that, so really you can go ahead and ignore the pricing at 25 keys and mostly for 50 keys. I know that makes a huge difference... my order went from $37 to like $20 last time.

I'll be posting it on reddit and elsewhere when I can, I'd like to actually do something other than work on this or do hw for once, maybe like, play SC2 or something, perish the thought! I'll probably get to it tomorrow.

Btw, you guys should see the masterpiece of a spreadsheet I created for these GBs... I'll take some pics of it later once it's filled out with data to show it to you, does everything I need. Took me all day though. XD

In other news, I went by the post office today and it isn't $15 for flat rate boxes, it's $21(he didn't say if there even was a flat rate envelope,) and would be much cheaper for me to find boxes/envelopes of my own to ship them in. So, I'll likely be buying a bundle of envelopes off of Amazon like suggested elsewhere and just shipping them individually. I'm not going to restrict international orders again just yet but we'll see how that goes. I'll probably just be charging a baseline $10 or $15 depending on the cost, and not having to worry about it. Hopefully mailing envelopes is cheap though, so its $10 and not $15. I'm going to fill an envelope with keycaps and do a test run and talk to them more about it.

TLDR: Stay tuned for international shipping details, I'm still working em out. And order more keys, they aren't going to be $4 a key.

Offline Vornath

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:28:16 »
5 x Portal Set

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:56:56 »
1 x Portal Keyset with allllllllllll the colors

Country USA
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 22:53:25 »
Quote from: ekw808;423811
1 x Portal Keyset with allllllllllll the colors

Country USA

You sir, like many others, need to PM me with your email included for yours to count. If you haven't, at least read the colored parts of the OP.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 00:41:29 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423001
1. Specify which keys you want

Probably missed it 'cause I'm tired, but I read over the post twice, and I'm a little confused: I thought we were ordering whole sets; can I now order the 6 or 7 that are really cool instead? Or (looking through the order topic) does it have something to do with colour?

Anyway, Put me down (US) for one set.

Offline tr4656

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 00:42:55 »
We are ordering whole sets.

Offline bionicroach

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 01:11:42 »
1 x Portal set

US

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 01:42:23 »
1 x Portal Keyset

Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 02:32:45 »
1 x portal keycap set with color

REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline GoodKnight

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 04:27:45 »
2 x Portal Keyset

Offline KoolAidMan

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 05:26:15 »
1 set please

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 09:08:34 »
Quote from: dorkvader;423866
Probably missed it 'cause I'm tired, but I read over the post twice, and I'm a little confused: I thought we were ordering whole sets; can I now order the 6 or 7 that are really cool instead? Or (looking through the order topic) does it have something to do with colour?

Anyway, Put me down (US) for one set.

Err, yeah whole sets only. You may or may not have noticed that I copied the entire post from the SC2 thread and then made modifications to it. Looks like that wording is confusing here, I'll change it.

You CAN order individual keys... for the same price as a whole set. ;)

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 16:10:44 »
1x Portal Keyset

(send me keycaps, we have good beer)
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline Lewserr

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 17:22:59 »
1x Portal Keyset with Colours.

Filco Majestouch2 Tenkeyless Keyboard Pixel Art Things

Offline clack

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 20:04:19 »
1x Portal Keyset

Offline Tanooki

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 30 September 2011, 22:13:18 »
2 x Portal Keyset