Author Topic: HWS - Authenticity  (Read 53655 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
HWS - Authenticity
« on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 21:14:43 »
In the wake of recent fugu cloning creating a panic in the streets of downtown Buford, Wyoming HWS freaked the crumb cake out and have started to implement security measures.

Absolutely final form of HWS Authentication Cards (honest this time) - https://www.instagram.com/p/BMui2ajg_ak/

Details

• Instant photos show a unique image of our doggos and of your keycap.  Wow.
  • Locally sourced paper.
  • Hand stamped, written, embossed, and sealed with multiple pigmented inks.
  • Hand-written details in a sexy UV reactive ink cocktail that can be traced back to my bucking ink bottle. NEAT.
  • All items bound together by eyelet for optional ring storage.  Authentication package is also credit card dimensions.

Supporting photos,

Special thanks to... a_vicarious_death, Beehatch, Kenmai9, Klarkuro, and zearoh for their donations to support authenticating the remainder of R1 and all of R2's Photochromic Mystery Mayhem sale.  Beehatch and Klarkuro's donation will also be used to help original owners of R1 Photochromic keys attain authentication cards for their keys.

More details into authenticating previous works coming soon^tm!
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 November 2016, 21:30:02 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: HWS - Authenticity
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 21:18:44 »
Hooray for R1 users :D

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 21:23:04 »
Awesome work Binge :thumb: Very professional looking, and I can tell a lot of thought was put into the design.

Thanks again to those who funded authentication work of the previously made caps!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 21:27:55 »
cool beans
I love Elzy

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 22:05:29 »
Binge, you win the award for best Artisan Authenticity. Cheers, man!! :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 22:22:33 »
That is awesome! I can't wait; thanks for the contributions for r1 owners!
I don't need the authentication, but little official cards always titillate my interest. Awaiting details!

Offline mathilda

HWS - Authenticity
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 22:36:25 »
Wow! Awesome authentication work. Congrats and thanks to Binge and supporters

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 08:02:24 »
That ink is really cool! Awesome work on something so small as auth cards.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 12:24:06 »
Doggo photo along with your Binge cap? This is just fantastic! Great work Binge, and many thanks to the supporters that helped make this happen!  :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:58:55 »
Nice, love the personal touch. The ink is very cool.

Pray for rare Binge photos

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 16:36:49 »
Absolutely final form is a very nice presentation, very unique!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 16:40:09 »
yay thanks everyone and hws :]

Offline Coreda

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 16:43:52 »
Who was that user with the holographic authenticity tokens?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 16:45:20 »

Bro Caps?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 19:11:53 »

Bro Caps?

Yup, pretty sure that's who he's talking about

Offline nugglets

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 08:40:19 »
These are so great. Look forward to picking them up for my R1 caps, as well as receiving them for the upcoming R2 caps =)

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 14:56:43 »
I have an older cap of yours from the Photochromic sale last year.  Could I pay you postage to mail me an authentication card?

I do not think we will be able to authenticate old keycaps any longer.  There's two large issues looming. 

1. When Instax prices increased an extra .20/picture we quickly burned through what funds there were to authenticate old keys.
2. Authenticating and producing current generation keycaps takes up all of our time.  We simply no longer have the bandwidth.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 02:27:45 »
I know the thread here is years old and basically dead... But I was wondering what the butts look like on your caps. I recently received a New School Cool Popsi and I have seen it listed as Seraki Popsi on reddit. I am just looking to find a clarification I guess.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 December 2019, 02:39:45 by wikkiwikki420 »
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 10:16:37 »
I know the thread here is years old and basically dead... But I was wondering what the butts look like on your caps. I recently received a New School Cool Popsi and I have seen it listed as Seraki Popsi on reddit. I am just looking to find a clarification I guess.

I'm not sure what you mean?  Did you get an authentication card?  Our colorway names are our own.  Some people refer to things as how they match specific keysets.  New School Cool was a commissioned keycap to match GMK Serika and it looks like pencil colors hence the school reference in our colorway name.  We do not authenticate our keys by the butt because that is way more easy to fake than chemical process instant photos or security inks.

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 01:04:31 »

I'm not sure what you mean?  Did you get an authentication card?  Our colorway names are our own.  Some people refer to things as how they match specific keysets.  New School Cool was a commissioned keycap to match GMK Serika and it looks like pencil colors hence the school reference in our colorway name.  We do not authenticate our keys by the butt because that is way more easy to fake than chemical process instant photos or security inks.

I am pretty sure it's legit. I have dug around and found it to be as described. Others called it Serika including the person who commissioned it. But the name New School Cool is what is on my verification cards. I feel much better hearing it from you though. I know I sounded a bit confusing but it is my first key of yours and I did not know what to look for.

Thank you for the response.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 08:29:33 »

I am pretty sure it's legit. I have dug around and found it to be as described. Others called it Serika including the person who commissioned it. But the name New School Cool is what is on my verification cards. I feel much better hearing it from you though. I know I sounded a bit confusing but it is my first key of yours and I did not know what to look for.

Thank you for the response.
Oh great!  It's wonderful that provided the clarity you needed.  Happy holidays!

Rubbing resin together in the woods for warmth.