Author Topic: Update to TOS  (Read 71304 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Update to TOS
« on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:55:49 »
In response to consistent complaints from users about inconsistent moderation, the moderation team has updated our official policy for the use of punitive measures (warnings, mutes, temporary and permanent bans). The following has been added to the TOS:

A user who breaks the TOS will receive a warning PM and have a non-mute warning level be applied to their account. When receiving a third warning for a similar infraction within a 30-day period or a second warning within 24 hours, a mute will be applied to the account, rendering it unable to post for a period of time. The length of the mute may vary from 1 day to 8 days, depending on the severity of the incident.

If infractions continue after the mute has expired, a temporary or permanent ban will be applied to the account. A first ban will be for 1 week (7 days). A second ban will be for 1 month (30 days). A third ban will be for 3 months (90 days). The fourth ban applied to an account will be permanent.

The moderation team reserves the right to skip steps in this process when necessary (eg. immediate permanent ban for spam accounts or stricter penalties for chronic rule-breakers).

This policy will come into effect on April 8, 2016.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Update to TOS
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:00:30 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:02:47 »
stricter penalties for chronic rule-breakers

demik and bee

(do Demik first)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:03:45 by trizkut »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:03:07 »
In response to consistent complaints from users about inconsistent moderation, the moderation team has updated our official policy for the use of punitive measures (warnings, mutes, temporary and permanent bans). The following has been added to the TOS:

A user who breaks the TOS will receive a warning PM and have a non-mute warning level be applied to their account. When receiving a third warning for a similar infraction within a 30-day period or a second warning within 24 hours, a mute will be applied to the account, rendering it unable to post for a period of time. The length of the mute may vary from 1 day to 8 days, depending on the severity of the incident.

If infractions continue after the mute has expired, a temporary or permanent ban will be applied to the account. A first ban will be for 1 week (7 days). A second ban will be for 1 month (30 days). A third ban will be for 3 months (90 days). The fourth ban applied to an account will be permanent.

The moderation team reserves the right to skip steps in this process when necessary (eg. immediate permanent ban for spam accounts or stricter penalties for chronic rule-breakers).

This policy will come into effect on April 8, 2016.

That'll make it less sporadic on mutes and warnings, methinks.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:03:42 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

I do come first in the alphabet, so he is right.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:04:44 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

I do come first in the alphabet, so he is right.

nah, i think you're safe. gh needs royalty to look fancy.

demik and bee

(do Demik first)

RUDE.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:08:58 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

We will not be applying this policy to offenses which took place before April 8th, 2016 (forum time).
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:09:42 »
I think these new rules unfairly target minorities that reside on this forum, so I can't agree with them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:10:02 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

We will not be applying this policy to offenses which took place before April 8th, 2016 (forum time).

so my current warning level will be gone/not be grandfathered after april 8th?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:13:50 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

We will not be changing any warning levels, but for the purposes of escalation, we will only be considering warnings which took place April 8th or later.

For instance, if I received a warning yesterday, and another one today, the warning today would be considered the first warning in a 30-day period, not the second.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:14:19 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

We will not be changing any warning levels, but for the purposes of escalation, we will only be considering warnings which took place April 8th or later.

For instance, if I received a warning yesterday, and another one today, the warning today would be considered the first warning in a 30-day period, not the second.

thanks

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:15:27 »

demik and bee

(do bee first)

thanks

no problem, I'm happy to answer any questions you or anyone else might have about the changes.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:18:35 »
You're an okay guy user 18.

much better than user 17.. and lets not even bring up user 19.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:25:52 »
You're an okay guy user 18.

much better than user 17.. and lets not even bring up user 19.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 00:33:14 »
I just want to say that demik will always be one of my first friends on GH, despite what people think of him, he's always been a top guy. Will miss you bro.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 01:35:20 »
I just want to say that demik will always be one of my first friends on GH, despite what people think of him, he's always been a top guy. Will miss you bro.

demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 01:36:44 »

rip demik

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 02:07:42 »

rip demik

f
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 02:17:19 »

:eek:

But thank you for highlighting the changes, instead of just saying that ToS have changed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:57:59 »

But thank you for highlighting the changes, instead of just saying that ToS have changed.

Just as a point of clarification -- spam accounts are new accounts run by spambots, duplicate accounts, etc. If it's obvious that there's a real person behind the account, we will escalate normally.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 17:53:52 »
Ff

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Biking is fun.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 03:18:17 »

Just as a point of clarification -- spam accounts are new accounts run by spambots, duplicate accounts, etc. If it's obvious that there's a real person behind the account, we will escalate normally.

Rowdy tries to appear real ...

... to be escalated normally?  I'll have to check that with my other half!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ