Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 244823 times)

Offline lanyusea

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #750 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 21:28:37 »
Just a heads up, if you see a white sticker with an arrow on your PCB it probably means you need to solder the part it’s pointing at. One of my resistors was only soldered on one half and so the switch wasn’t working. I soldered the other half and all is well again! Don’t know if this just wasn’t caught or if I was expected to fix it myself.

Show Image

should be QC result, but missed in the repairing stage
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #751 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 23:44:03 »
I bought a leaf on MM and I have two problems:

1: I was trying to flash my PCB and accidentally erased it...

is this what needs to be jumped to reset it?

219398-0

2: Is anyone else's Poly warped/bent? My PCB and Poly plate build (I put it together) and the top case are slightly warped.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #752 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 23:48:12 »

(Attachment Link)

2: Is anyone else's Poly warped/bent? My PCB and Poly plate build (I put it together) and the top case are slightly warped.

poly warping is a longstanding issue, over half of poly 910 were rejected because of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 23:49:59 »

(Attachment Link)

poly warping is a longstanding issue, over half of poly 910 were rejected because of it

Ok, thanks for the info. It is not horrible, but it is there. Primarily the PCB/Plate

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 00:24:15 »
Is there a way to build the firmware through the QMK online configurator so I don't have to set up a build environment on my PC?
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Starston3

[GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #755 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 00:40:16 »
Is there a way to build the firmware through the QMK online configurator so I don't have to set up a build environment on my PC?
No... it’s not merged into QMK yet iirc. Tho Merlin did mention that it might be soon.

Offline pcire

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 00:45:45 »
I got mine today.  It is a hot-swappable pcb with a HHKB plate.
I was trying to quickly test the pcb on a Mac but the following two keys weren't giving me anything:

219400-0

I'm guessing these are function keys, but can someone confirm?

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #757 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 01:13:31 »
I was trying to quickly test the pcb on a Mac but the following two keys weren't giving me anything:

(Attachment Link)

Same for me
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline etong415

« Reply #758 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 01:15:51 »

(Attachment Link)

Same for me
You'll need to program the PCB using QMK to give it any sort of functionality

Offline PvtSkittles

« Reply #759 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 02:49:28 »

(Attachment Link)

Yup, mine was like this as well. The "sys" key is your Fn and the blank one hasn't been programmed in by default i think. Once I had it programmed in it worked fine. Gave me one heck of a scare though.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #760 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 11:41:50 »
There is a PC plate and weight on mech market right now 👍🏻

I’m still looking for an alu or brass hhkb plate and possibly a second PCB

Offline befbef

« Reply #761 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 12:05:35 »

What plate do you have?
Can get my alu for a pc.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #762 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 12:38:21 »

What plate do you have?
Can get my alu for a pc.

I currently have a PC. I am thinking about picking up that PC to trade for an alu

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #763 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 13:19:18 »
219420-0

Offline reidd

« Reply #764 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:55:51 »
My PCB seems to be a bit warped as well, has been giving me minor issues with the space bar stabilizer.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #765 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:00:03 »
My PCB seems to be a bit warped as well, has been giving me minor issues with the space bar stabilizer.

I got mine a bit straighter by tightening the middle screws first. I have not gotten to type on it much but my SB seemed to be ok.

Offline reidd

« Reply #766 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 18:17:06 »

I got mine a bit straighter by tightening the middle screws first. I have not gotten to type on it much but my SB seemed to be ok.

Okay, thanks for the idea!

Offline spyruf

« Reply #767 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 18:47:21 »
Built my polycarbonate leaf 60 today with lubed and stickered linjars, brass plate, and GMK 9009.

Overall it's a really nice board and I'm satisfied with all the components.
This is my first linear build I'm not sure if I can really notice any distinction major distinction from the gasket mount.
The brass plate sounds very nice I'll upload a typing test at some point.

The bottom of the board does have some machine or scratching marks. I don't really mind that much.

Offline reidd

« Reply #768 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 18:57:43 »
Built my polycarbonate leaf 60 today with lubed and stickered linjars, brass plate, and GMK 9009.

This is my first linear build I'm not sure if I can really notice any distinction major distinction from the gasket mount.

The bottom of the board does have some machine or scratching marks. I don't really mind that much.

Show Image

Show Image

Where's your cable from? Whole build looking awesome  :thumb:

Offline spyruf

« Reply #769 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 19:06:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Where's your cable from? Whole build looking awesome  :thumb:
Thanks! Cable I had someone make for me. Here's a guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8v52j4/guide_how_to_make_custom_cables_with_fancy/

Offline rooney

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 19:08:42 »
I am getting a Leaf60 with the WKL hot swap PCB but was interested in a full layout. I also have the PVD Brass and PC plate for that layout that I would like to trade as well. Would anyone be down for a straight trade? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:17:48 by rooney »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 19:44:02 »

Show Image

Show Image

I was just talking to someone about that. It is my first gasket mount and I can not really tell a difference. I have the PC plate and there is little to no flex.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #772 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 21:45:07 »
Lots of folks talk about gasket mounting normally helping with sound, more than anything, with harder gasket material. Two things I can say 1)sound is very nice (in a different way than I’m used to for brass) 2) for being sandwich mount, it doesn’t feel “lifeless” (like sandwich normally feels like) to me.

Offline tootle

« Reply #773 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:07:05 »
Just finished building mine! Here is my Leaf 60 in E-Black with a black PC plate. Switches are Gateron Linjars, lubed with Tribosys 3204, and stabs are Zeal's (also lubed). Will probably take better pics at some point, but it was an interesting process (finally learned QMK and made the layout to be like an actual HHKB's).

Some quick snaps below (sry4dust and poor lighting):

Some of my experiences:
  • Had to cut the strip where the usb inserts as other users have mentioned
  • Found it easier to push the screws through the holes before putting the top cover on, made it easier to screw them on
  • Seems like the board catches a lot of fingerprints unfortunately, probably my least favorite part about it

Offline etong415

« Reply #774 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:08:29 »
Just finished building mine! Here is my Leaf 60 in E-Black with a black PC plate. Switches are Gateron Linjars, lubed with Tribosys 3204, and stabs are Zeal's (also lubed). Will probably take better pics at some point, but it was an interesting process (finally learned QMK and made the layout to be like an actual HHKB's).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Would love to hear some typing sounds of the Linjars, don't seem to see a lot of them around

Some of my experiences:
  • Found it easier to push the screws through the holes before putting the top cover on, made it easier to screw them on
  • Seems like the board catches a lot of fingerprints unfortunately, probably my least favorite part about it

Offline tootle

« Reply #775 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:13:27 »
I think your response was in the quotes, but so far my experience with these Linjars are decent. They do sound and feel nice! Not as smooth as Tealios V2, and maybe it's just the plate material, but I think I prefer the sound of Tealios. I guess I can swap some Tealios in and compare sometime. Honestly, I think I'd probably enjoy them better had I gotten a brass plate as that's my favorite plate material, and I really should've since I got a hotswap PCB.

Will there be any extra plates (brass, specifically) available in the future? I know there was a post about PCB on IC.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:14:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Some of my experiences:

please tell me you own yolch
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline spyruf

« Reply #777 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:15:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

I was just talking to someone about that. It is my first gasket mount and I can not really tell a difference. I have the PC plate and there is little to no flex.
Oh interesting. I was supposed to get an MX PC plate but I got an extra Alps PC plate instead. I was hoping to see the difference between PC and brass.

If you press down on the alpha keys with some pressure does the plate flex at all?
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:21:57 by spyruf »

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #778 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:32:05 »
Built yesterday w tangies. Really enjoying it so far.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #779 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:32:36 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #780 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:47:37 »
Show Image
Show Image

that color is very nice

Offline Starston3

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:52:57 »
Murdered out

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #782 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 23:56:49 »
Murdered out

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

white legends :angry:

black blanks would have made it but it's still p sick regardless

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 07:35:43 »
Got mine today and built it up, really loving it!

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #784 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 08:28:47 »
Murdered out

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Looking good. I was beginning to think I was the only person who ordered a non-blocker case.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 10:39:50 »
Murdered out

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Looking good. I was beginning to think I was the only person who ordered a non-blocker case.

I ordered one as well. but dropped my spot haha. Wanted wkl

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:19:23 »
Hey all, QMK Configurator now has the Leaf60 universal and hotswap pcbs!

https://config.qmk.fm/#/foxlab/leaf60/universal/LAYOUT_60_hhkb

I would appreciate very much if you guys tested the other layouts such as the 60_ansi and the 60_hhkb as I didn't have a PCB to test things out on! Thank you!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:20:22 »

I would appreciate very much if you guys tested the other layouts such as the 60_ansi and the 60_hhkb as I didn't have a PCB to test things out on! Thank you!

You are a GOD. Thank you

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #788 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:22:36 »

You are a GOD. Thank you

lol, I'm not a God. But I am a wizard!

Offline nephlock

« Reply #789 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:23:19 »

You are a GOD. Thank you

lol, I'm not God. But I am a wizard!

Yerr a wizaaardd Merlin!

Offline kidpid

« Reply #790 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:08:16 »
removed
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2019, 23:07:34 by kidpid »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #791 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:37:23 »
Murdered out

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

nice

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #792 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 19:09:00 »
Are the plate files going to be / have they been released on this?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #793 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 22:12:56 »
The QMK stuff is fixed now. I was able to edit and flash my leaf with the Configurator and Toolbox

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:55:25 »
The QMK stuff is fixed now. I was able to edit and flash my leaf with the Configurator and Toolbox

Yep I posted just a few messages before yours.  :)

I didn't have a PCB to test with so I would appreciate if you or anyone else could test the hhkb layout in particular if you have that one.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #795 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 10:07:44 »

I didn't have a PCB to test with so I would appreciate if you or anyone else could test the hhkb layout in particular if you have that one.

I have mine in hhkb with a few changes. It’s working great, thanks!

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #796 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:11:46 »
Finally got around to unboxing this thing. Mine came with a few blemishes I'll need to contact Senter about, but overall, it's a really nice board. The brass plate and weight really make this feel super solid.

Does anyone else have these weird circle marks on the leaf?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 14:58:26 »
Kinda sad I didn't get in on this.

Offline Master_Zebra

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:00:43 »

I tried the HHKB layout and the 2 keys to the right of the spacebar are not doing what they are suppose to do, the one next to the space bar does what the second one is suppose to do and the furthest one does nothing. Is it just me? https://photos.app.goo.gl/t5Fz79W49gAamwAh7

Offline Master_Zebra

« Reply #799 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:12:44 »

I tried the HHKB layout and the 2 keys to the right of the spacebar are not doing what they are suppose to do, the one next to the space bar does what the second one is suppose to do and the furthest one does nothing. Is it just me? https://photos.app.goo.gl/t5Fz79W49gAamwAh7

Yeah, jus tried in the Layout_ALL and the keys are one off on the bottom row on the right side. Merlin said he will be looking into it!