Author Topic: [GB] Katakana Cherry PBT Sets by TKC (Shipping to TKC - Extras Soon)  (Read 48479 times)

Offline the_high_5

Re: [GB] Katakana Cherry PBT Sets by TKC [Shipping Rates Resolved]
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 02:47:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

Both photos are of the same set. It’s different lighting.

Thanks! Already on the up and up.

Awesome! Just bought into Matcha and Gray sets. Looking forward to April!

Offline kokoon

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 19:15:43 »
FYI, the discount code for 2+ sets does not work on mykeyboard.eu

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 06:25:57 »
FYI, the discount code for 2+ sets does not work on mykeyboard.eu

I never said it did. They are their own company.

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 06:04:54 »
These caps look significantly thicker than GMK! Great job with the sharpness of legends too. Any comment on how smooth the texture feels compared to Leopold caps?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 07:05:05 »
These caps look significantly thicker than GMK! Great job with the sharpness of legends too. Any comment on how smooth the texture feels compared to Leopold caps?

Thanks! I’m pretty happy with the end result.

Texture: have a look at these macro shots.. There is virtually no texture, or at least its very fine.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 14:10:10 »

Seems quite difficult to be thicker than gmk without interfering with the switch movement. Any measurements?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 11:48:30 »

Texture: have a look at these macro shots.. There is virtually no texture, or at least its very fine.

On the Grey and Black combo, is are the mods Grey on Black or WoB?  They seem WoB, but wasn't sure.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 19:31:15 »

On the Grey and Black combo, is are the mods Grey on Black or WoB?  They seem WoB, but wasn't sure.

Alphas are Pantone cool gray 1C. So slightly darker than white.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 01:35:26 »
How do the matcha greyish white compare to the WoB white?
I'm almost on board but I can't make up my mind about these two.
I got a pearl white ChikoryBLE incoming and I think both would do well on the board.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 14:15:25 »
GMK sets are great. They are, in my humble opinion, the finest keycaps money can buy. But compatibility drives the cost up, limited font options, and they just dont fit everyone's budget.   

Last year I started working with a new factory in China (new to me at least, these guys have been making kits awhile now). I wanted to bring something to market that was different, affordable, fun, and high quality. After months of screwing around on Illustrator and getting samples back and forth allow me to present: 

TKC Katakana Cherry PBT
i
Just out of curiosity, how well is this gb going for you so far? I hope that it's going well enough for future drops.

Offline wellbeing44

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 03:39:17 »
Any updates so far?

Offline menuhin

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 08:15:29 »
Just want to point out again, in the Matcha set, as the top row 1-unit backslash cap (circled in red) is there for the HHKB style layout, like the keyboard examples below, it should be of the same color as the alpha:

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Please kindly make this change for manufacturing.

Other than this one, this GB looks totally fantastic!

Thanks for pointing that out, ill get it squared away as soon as this flu subsides.

Hope the correction of that backslash key color is already in progress
And your flu has recovered I hope! :)
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Hey everyone. As you may have heard we fell a bit short of MOQ. These sets are based on 2 base colors, grey and white. Each have a pretty steep MOQ. One has to go. I tried everything to get them to drop MOQ, get proxies to buy extras, buy extras myself: Cant make it happen. Either grey or white has to go.

If we drop the white base: BoW will be cancelled. WoB will use grey base. Other kits remain unchanged.
If we drop the grey base: Grey will be cancelled. Black & Grey will be come Black & White, Matcha will use white alphas. Other kits remain unchanged.

Please place your vote on this survey and help us to decide what we will do. I will leave the form open for 48 hours. At that point a decision will be made, whichever kit is cancelled buyers will be emailed with a choice to cancel or change their order, and we will reopen the buy for a few days to let others join in since I pulled the plug on white a bit early.

Thanks for your vote and your patience!

Offline wellbeing44

Hey everyone. As you may have heard we fell a bit short of MOQ. These sets are based on 2 base colors, grey and white. Each have a pretty steep MOQ. One has to go. I tried everything to get them to drop MOQ, get proxies to buy extras, buy extras myself: Cant make it happen. Either grey or white has to go.

If we drop the white base: BoW will be cancelled. WoB will use grey base. Other kits remain unchanged.
If we drop the grey base: Grey will be cancelled. Black & Grey will be come Black & White, Matcha will use white alphas. Other kits remain unchanged.

Please place your vote on this survey and help us to decide what we will do. I will leave the form open for 48 hours. At that point a decision will be made, whichever kit is cancelled buyers will be emailed with a choice to cancel or change their order, and we will reopen the buy for a few days to let others join in since I pulled the plug on white a bit early.

Thanks for your vote and your patience!
May I ask what's the most popular set? To uh, mentally prepare myself for the outcome.

Offline voight-kampff

I wonder if black on gray is ok, I ordered this. I am not interested in BOW.
Will mykeyboard.eu sen my money back if BoG will not be produced?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Grey base has been cancelled based on survey results.

Grey set cancelled.
Grey / Black is now White / Black.
Matcha will now have white alphas instead of grey.

White kits remain unchanged.

I will be emailing everyone affected next week to give them the option to change their order or cancel for a refund.

Buy is also reopened until Friday next week.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
I wonder if black on gray is ok, I ordered this. I am not interested in BOW.
Will mykeyboard.eu sen my money back if BoG will not be produced?

Of course.

Offline Starius

This keycap set wasn't even on my radar till I got the survey email late last week. 
I need to save money, I certainly shouldn't be buying any sets right now but.... I just so happen to have the perfect board for that Matcha set so....   yeah.  I'm in.  ;)

215618-0

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
This keycap set wasn't even on my radar till I got the survey email late last week. 
I need to save money, I certainly shouldn't be buying any sets right now but.... I just so happen to have the perfect board for that Matcha set so....   yeah.  I'm in.  ;)

(Attachment Link)

I am excited to see how that build turns out, really nice theme.

Offline mushubanane

I was unfortunately really looking forward to Black on Grey, but not BoW at all. Do I ask directly mykeyboard.eu for a refund or do I wait for an incoming mail from you?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
I was unfortunately really looking forward to Black on Grey, but not BoW at all. Do I ask directly mykeyboard.eu for a refund or do I wait for an incoming mail from you?

Proxy sales will be handled by the proxies. You’d have to contact them directly.

Offline voight-kampff

Yes I was interested in this too. I mailed mykeyboard.eu yesterday, and they said they will get infos  from thekeycompany. That should have happened yesterday. So I hope they will refund the money soon.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline stryker09

I might have missed it somewhere but what happens to WoB then? The base changes to WoGrey?

Edit: I did miss it, Grey was cancelled so WoB remains unchanged.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2019, 00:34:34 by stryker09 »

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
I might have missed it somewhere but what happens to WoB then? The base changes to WoGrey?

Edit: I did miss it, Grey was cancelled so WoB remains unchanged.

Grey sets cancelled. WoB remains unchanged. See the product page for latest updates on any TKC products to make it easy to get current info.

Offline Mattelec

Have the MOQ been achieved? Also, how long will the GB run? Quite interested in this set tbh

Offline hsunwoo1221

Have the MOQ been achieved? Also, how long will the GB run? Quite interested in this set tbh

I believe it's closed now

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

MOQ met on the white base sets. Ill have extras up on the site in the next week or so. Keep your eyes peeled or join our Discord for updates.

Offline Beatnutz

MOQ met on the white base sets. Ill have extras up on the site in the next week or so. Keep your eyes peeled or join our Discord for updates.

So only the white base sets went in to production?

Any news or updates regarding approx delivery dates?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

So only the white base sets went in to production?

Any news or updates regarding approx delivery dates?

Yes, only white base sets were put to production. BoW, WoB are unchanged. Grey was cancelled, Matcha and Grey/Black are now using white alphas. I sent an email to everyone who joined for a grey base set to let them know of the changes.

Estimated delivery is 4-6 weeks from today.

Offline crowKAKAWWW

Wow that's a lot sooner than expected  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline menuhin

"Estimated delivery" = shipping from Chinese factory to the distributors, I believe.
Time to prepare my build based on this set.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Arithmetics

looking good?

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.

"Estimated delivery" = shipping from Chinese factory to the distributors, I believe.
Time to prepare my build based on this set.

Same, honestly. I think I'll make that build this weekend.

Offline kzlow

Hi

Are you going to make a second round for this? Looking forward to it as i missed the first round!

Offline xenotropic

Hi

Are you going to make a second round for this? Looking forward to it as i missed the first round!

I could be mistaken, but I think the plan for this set is that it will soon become available as a stocked item on thekey.company website.

Offline Arithmetics

Just so anyone who doesnt read discord knows, this set has been delayed at least 60 days.

Offline firezlife

Just so anyone who doesnt read discord knows, this set has been delayed at least 60 days.

I would be one of those people.  Sad to hear.  Thank you for updating though!!

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Me too, I havent been on discord lately and was wondering about this. any reason? qc issues with dyesub ?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Me too, I havent been on discord lately and was wondering about this. any reason? qc issues with dyesub ?

No quality issues. Logistics. Took almost 6 weeks to get payment to the factory because the transfer kept bouncing back. In the meantime they got some large orders. Been a pain in my butt! Sorry for the delays and lack of updates here. All updates are always available on our Discord server.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist

No quality issues. Logistics. Took almost 6 weeks to get payment to the factory because the transfer kept bouncing back. In the meantime they got some large orders. Been a pain in my butt! Sorry for the delays and lack of updates here. All updates are always available on our Discord server.

Been trying to join that Discord server for a while now. For some reason it says the invite is invalid (same as the link on the site). Maybe it's just here?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company

Been trying to join that Discord server for a while now. For some reason it says the invite is invalid (same as the link on the site). Maybe it's just here?

This Discord invite won’t expire Sorry about that.

Offline gordonderp

If anyone is looking to sell their spot let me know. Message me here or on your reddit, have the same username there.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
If anyone is looking to sell their spot let me know. Message me here or on your reddit, have the same username there.

Ill have extras to buy, I just don't want to post them for sale until Im certain of a delivery date.

Offline gordonderp

Sweet no problems with shipping to Australia?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Sweet no problems with shipping to Australia?

Get with Daily Clack I think he got extras too. Otherwise no issue we ship worldwide.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Any news on this ?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
Any news on this ?

Updates on all of our group buys can now be viewed on our updates page.

Offline Vireca

Is this reverse dye sub? Seems good, maybe we can create other PBT sets with more color options

Offline Slice

Just ordered a set of Matcha from Mykeyboard.eu.

I totally forgot about this set, so glad I could still get one.

Offline gminso

Just ordered a set of Matcha from Mykeyboard.eu.

I totally forgot about this set, so glad I could still get one.

wow thx for the info. I am in for 2 sets too.