Author Topic: [GB] Titanium Plate  (Read 46921 times)

Offline peterpans01

[GB] Titanium Plate
« on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 08:39:15 »
Hello, everyone.
We are the DGX team, a mechanical keyboard maker from Vietnam.
After 2 months from IC, we decide to run a group buy for titanium plate.
IC: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98051.0
Order Form: CLOSED
Photo:

More photos here: https://imgur.com/a/82QnYQ1

Timeline:
Start: Dec 12th, 2018
End: Dec 28th, 2018
Confirm Invoice date: Dec 29th - 31st, 2018
Estimated Shipping date: Jan 1st - 19th, 2018

Update 1: 3 paid / 14 order / 20 MOQ
Update 2: 13 paid / 28 order
Update 3: 14 paid / 34 order

Update:
1. Finish cutting
2. On stamp logo and brushing surface. After clean the surface we will anodizing it.

Regard,Tâm Huỳnh.

This is my 1st time doing this hopefully you'll all be pleased.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 January 2019, 05:58:19 by peterpans01 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB] Titanium Plate
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:57:51 »
Thread approval bump.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:58:38 »
Dang. I will try and join before the deadline.

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 12:25:29 »
All over this for science, just need to decide what board...

Offline azulyf

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 12:43:43 »
Do you have the supported layouts that your standard plate supports?

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 17:04:29 »
Thread approval bump.

Thanks thanks :)

Thread approval bump.

. Thabks :)

Dang. I will try and join before the deadline.

You decide your plate we make it :)

Do you have the supported layouts that your standard plate supports?

Yes ofcuse. Our standard is 60 / 65 but you can order universal plate, 60 support 7u space / iso ender / arrow etc...

Offline azulyf

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 17:59:10 »

Yes ofcuse. Our standard is 60 / 65 but you can order universal plate, 60 support 7u space / iso ender / arrow etc...

Does your standard 60 plate only support ANSI layout or it's a universal plate? If so what kind of layouts does it support?
If I order a 60 plate only supporting a certain fixed layout, does it account in to MOQ of all 60 plates?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 18:07:35 »
If I were to pick one type of switch to go best with titanium, would the optimal type be linear, clicky, or tactile?

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 18:27:57 »
Can you elaborate on what your standard 65% plate is?  Will it fit a Tada68, or is that something I would need to provide files for?

Offline Dumblescore

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 20:17:42 »
How would you estimate the cost for a 96 key plate?  Is it just the total cut path length?  Also, does anyone know where I can find the hole layout for a Melody96?  :)

Offline Moosewing

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 20:24:56 »
How/when do I send you my CAD file? Should I email it to you as soon as I fill out the GB form, or should I wait for you to email me first?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 20:38:28 »
Will you be able to make a CA66 plate? The file is in here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ayHWOCF4nN07iZgkdtTF0jnV8DYwZcH3

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:18:40 »

Does your standard 60 plate only support ANSI layout or it's a universal plate? If so what kind of layouts does it support?
If I order a 60 plate only supporting a certain fixed layout, does it account in to MOQ of all 60 plates?

Ah... you may misunderstand :D. We will make a plate which you prefer. If you like fixed layout so send us your layout (or we will draw following your detail).

Our MOQ count on pieces. If there are 20 Numad plate so we will count it as 20 pieces and we reach first MOQ :).

Update 1 (12th Dec, 2018): 8 pieces have been fill.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:29:42 »
If I were to pick one type of switch to go best with titanium, would the optimal type be linear, clicky, or tactile?

In my opinion, i will use Linear and Tactile with DSA Profile.
If you prefer "sound" you should pick Clicky + Brass + SA Profile. Best annoying at all  :p

How would you estimate the cost for a 96 key plate?  Is it just the total cut path length?  Also, does anyone know where I can find the hole layout for a Melody96?  :)

For 96 and 1.5mm thickness, the cost is as same as TKL $95.

We can draw Melody96 for (we can borrow it for measuring :D)

Can you elaborate on what your standard 65% plate is?  Will it fit a Tada68, or is that something I would need to provide files for?

Depend on which case do you use, we will make a plate for you such as: Dolphin Linger :). You just fill a form then we will contact to identify which you like.

Will you be able to make a CA66 plate? The file is in here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ayHWOCF4nN07iZgkdtTF0jnV8DYwZcH3

Ofcuse we can, Fill a form then we will contact you with a CAD CA66 Plate files.

How/when do I send you my CAD file? Should I email it to you as soon as I fill out the GB form, or should I wait for you to email me first?

In the form, you can leave your link in table of decribe more about your plate.Fill out the GB form first :).

Offline azulyf

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:43:32 »

Just filled the form. I added a KLE link for layout, but I just got swillkb draw a CAD file. Wonder how should I send you the file.
Ah... you may misunderstand :D. We will make a plate which you prefer. If you like fixed layout so send us your layout (or we will draw following your detail).

Our MOQ count on pieces. If there are 20 Numad plate so we will count it as 20 pieces and we reach first MOQ :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 01:53:37 »

Please check mail :).

I make a Formal Poker layout so if you want to chnage any thing, just tell me via email :).

Just filled the form. I added a KLE link for layout, but I just got swillkb draw a CAD file. Wonder how should I send you the file.

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 02:14:03 »
I'm most likely in. Do you have a rough price estimate on the average 1.5mm 60% plate?

Insert Signature without plastics

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 03:52:03 »
I'm most likely in. Do you have a rough price estimate on the average 1.5mm 60% plate?

$65 for 60% and 65%

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 05:46:22 »
I'm interested in getting a plate to be used with this case https://www.massdrop.com/buy/73959
what colour do you offer that will match this case?(standard 60% layout)
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:17:26 »
Hi, is it possible to request:
1.) Polished Finish
2.) 3mm plate, but with 1.5mm on the switch cutouts for the switch to clip on
3.) Custom key layout but standard 60% size using KLE only (I don't know how to CAD)

TIA!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:45:33 »

If you prefer "sound" you should pick Clicky + Brass + SA Profile. Best annoying at all  :p

Hmm... I use almost always Cherry profile. The type of switch this works best with determines what shape I get. If I were to use this for Silent Blacks, I would get it for my Jane. If I were to use Holy Pandas or Novelias, I would get the 910 layout.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 10:05:26 »
Is this going to be a one-time thing, or will you consider doing future rounds (or possibly opening a service)?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:00:29 »
I'm interested in getting a plate to be used with this case https://www.massdrop.com/buy/73959
what colour do you offer that will match this case?(standard 60% layout)

We can anodizing a shiny gold colored to make it suite with your brass :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:02:02 »
Hi, is it possible to request:
1.) Polished Finish
2.) 3mm plate, but with 1.5mm on the switch cutouts for the switch to clip on
3.) Custom key layout but standard 60% size using KLE only (I don't know how to CAD)

TIA!

1. YES!
2. YES :)). I will update photo of 3mm plate at this weekend if you want ;).
3. YES, just leave a photo of your layout then i will help you to make a CAD file :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:09:24 »
Is this going to be a one-time thing, or will you consider doing future rounds (or possibly opening a service)?

In next 3 months, we don't have plan to run another round.

Next our product is 65 with built in bluetooth (in QA Progress) and Titnium Case (in very end complete) so if you miss this time you still join when we run Titanium Case :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:10:38 »

Hmm... I use almost always Cherry profile. The type of switch this works best with determines what shape I get. If I were to use this for Silent Blacks, I would get it for my Jane. If I were to use Holy Pandas or Novelias, I would get the 910 layout.

you should try DSA - PBT. Sound great :D

Offline TeeAreEffedUp

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:27:07 »
Do you by chance have a winkeyless b.87 top plate CAD file handy or can you get one? I've got some of the files that Hojin posted a while back, but my solidworks doesn't agree with .dwg files and support hasn't been able to help me yet :/ I'd just do it from scratch, but I'm out of town for an extended business trip so I cant take measurements either.

http://blog.winkeyless.kr/208

I'm looking for layer 2t on the b.87 with a stepped caps lock and a split right shift so I can run a 1.75u and a 1u. I'm going to use a standard ANSI bottom row on it as well and would ideally use just the 1.25

I've got an old plate that has cracks in the acrylic and I think a Ti plate would look pretty stellar as a replacement, if you can help me out I'll almost certainly buy one.

Anyways, thanks
Tom

Offline fer.real

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 20:44:44 »
I am planning on ordering 3 or 4 plates with different layouts.  Would I have to fill out the form separately for each layout?

Also, if I pay for a custom logo, do you still stamp yours on the plate?

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:01:46 »
Do you by chance have a winkeyless b.87 top plate CAD file handy or can you get one? I've got some of the files that Hojin posted a while back, but my solidworks doesn't agree with .dwg files and support hasn't been able to help me yet :/ I'd just do it from scratch, but I'm out of town for an extended business trip so I cant take measurements either.

I'm looking for layer 2t on the b.87 with a stepped caps lock and a split right shift so I can run a 1.75u and a 1u. I'm going to use a standard ANSI bottom row on it as well and would ideally use just the 1.25

I've got an old plate that has cracks in the acrylic and I think a Ti plate would look pretty stellar as a replacement, if you can help me out I'll almost certainly buy one.

Anyways, thanks
Tom

Solidworks is familiar to me, just send me sldprt.

You can fill out a form or send me via email: tamdht@gmail.com

Offline TeeAreEffedUp

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:09:23 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

I'd like to, but since the files were posted on winkeyless' site as DWG and I'm unable to open them, I'm unable to convert it to a sldprt.

I'll see if I can dl a program to edit it as a 2d file in the mean time.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:16:26 »
I am planning on ordering 3 or 4 plates with different layouts.  Would I have to fill out the form separately for each layout?

Also, if I pay for a custom logo, do you still stamp yours on the plate?

Just fill in 1 form and leave as many as layout you want in fill of decribe more.

We don't allow to remove our logo but i can stamped our logo at back of plate :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:35:31 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

I'd like to, but since the files were posted on winkeyless' site as DWG and I'm unable to open them, I'm unable to convert it to a sldprt.

You should use solidwork draw. It can import dwg / dxf file as well.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 21:54:07 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

I have helped you to draw it b87 2t. checked attachment :).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 22:08:07 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

Oh wow, that might look amazing.  I have a b87.  Might need to think about this.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 22:45:58 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

Oh wow, that might look amazing.  I have a b87.  Might need to think about this.

You are welcome :).

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 08:51:38 »
Update 13 Dec, 2018
3 paid / 15 filled form / 20 MOQ :)

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Offline TeeAreEffedUp

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 20:41:51 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

It looks pretty good but maybe I'm seeing things. It looks like the F row is spaced too high up, as if it's got the same spacing as a filco when it's actually .25u vertical separation. My quick math is telling me it should be about 23.8125 mm center to center from the number row to the F-row, can you confirm that your drawing is measuring that?

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 21:06:32 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

It looks pretty good but maybe I'm seeing things. It looks like the F row is spaced too high up, as if it's got the same spacing as a filco when it's actually .25u vertical separation. My quick math is telling me it should be about 23.8125 mm center to center from the number row to the F-row, can you confirm that your drawing is measuring that?

I pick a measure from a link you leaved here. Im sure that a space between Num and F are 0.25 u.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2018, 21:11:53 by DGX_Shin »

Offline TeeAreEffedUp

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 19:46:22 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

I pick a measure from a link you leaved here. Im sure that a space between Num and F are 0.25 u.

Well sweet deal then, I'll fill out the order form in a day or two when I get back home. I think that with a heat anodize fade will look stellar.

Thanks a ton!

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 19:53:35 »

Anyways, thanks
Tom

Well sweet deal then, I'll fill out the order form in a day or two when I get back home. I think that with a heat anodize fade will look stellar.

Thanks a ton!
Sound great, Thanks :).

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 10:37:38 »
Would it be possible to create a bent TKL case with these? Do you have the equipment needed for the bending? Something like this:

Offline kairuwu

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 01:47:44 »
Just submitted the form! I think I missed a detail on my submission. The .dxf is a template for what I want but I wrote exactly what UI wanted. 

Looking forward to this!  ^-^

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 02:59:31 »
Would it be possible to create a bent TKL case with these? Do you have the equipment needed for the bending? Something like this:

Show Image

Show Image

Hi there, Check attached file.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 03:01:05 »
Just submitted the form! I think I missed a detail on my submission. The .dxf is a template for what I want but I wrote exactly what UI wanted. 

Looking forward to this!  ^-^
We have send invoice email so if you want to change anything just reply us :).

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 14:19:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great! Would you be able to help design the plate? I'm also not sure which PCB I should get for this.

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 17:20:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Great! Would you be able to help design the plate? I'm also not sure which PCB I should get for this.
First of all you need to pick which pcb yoh will use or which layout you prefer at least. I will design your plate depend on your choices.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 18:07:06 »
What is the expected price for e.g.. 3mm plate over 1.5mm?

Offline DGX_Shin

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 19:36:01 »

Thicker plate is expensive.

There are a includes cost:
60% or 65% and 1.5mm: $65
2mm: $115
2.5mm: $125
3mm: $135
3.5mm: $145
4mm: $155
4.5mm: $175
5mm: $195

Hope this help you much.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 21:40:14 »

Just remember that cherry switches won't click into a plate over 1.5mm thick. "Thicker" plate designs (5mm) have been milled to depth where the switches click in.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 21:43:24 »

Just remember that cherry switches won't click into a plate over 1.5mm thick. "Thicker" plate designs (5mm) have been milled to depth where the switches click in.

And it's important that they clip in if you have a tray mounted board.  When they don't clip in, the plate can/will slide down the switches and there's not much you can do about it other than add some supports in between the plate and PCB that are exactly the right thickness.