Author Topic: I think I thocc - Can I program symbols: ʃ θ ð æ ɑ ʊ ʒ ə ɪ ɔ ?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline mechanical.nails

Hi All,
I have been binging on YouTube videos of kb mods for weeks. I finally took the plunge and ordered some components. I don't know for sure but I think I thocc :D  haha We'll see.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed a lot. I'm happy to read any threads where this kind of mod is already explained. I just don't even know how to phrase it or search for it. In kb speak, what am I talking about?

For my job, I frequently need to produce these particular symbols:    ʃ θ ð æ ɑ ʊ ʒ ə ɪ ɔ

My slow AF hack has been that I always have Post It / Sticky Note open (or a website that lets me generate the symbols) and then I open the program or website, search through all the visual clutter, find the thing I need and copy-paste out of that program into my document.  It's tedious and I would love to eliminate extra steps.

I use Windows.

It would be a miracle if I could just press something like  Fn + s  and my computer would magically produce the ʃ  symbol .... or if I pressed Fn + a and it would produce the æ symbol...

I don't care if it's the Function key. I just made that up. If there's any other way than the awful hack I mentioned above, I want to know about it!

If this is possible, what's it called?  How is it done?

Thanks so much!
I like custom painting keycaps.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: I think I thocc - Can I program symbols: ʃ θ ð æ ɑ ʊ ʒ ə ɪ ɔ ?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 10:36:09 »
Welcome! Look up autohotkey.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline mechanical.nails

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 15:19:01 »
Thank you so much!  :)

Offline mechanical.nails

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 18:54:58 »
Welcome! Look up autohotkey.

Signature, AutoHotKey worked! I got my sister to help me out because its so simple to use that I was a bit confused. But now that it's set up, it's incredible. I was able to set up all the symbols and realize that I can use it for even more things. I am so excited and really grateful for your reco.