Author Topic: [GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)  (Read 59245 times)

Offline MightyFineShindig

Re: [GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 03:13:20 »
Just received my brass Mars!
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2019, 07:32:53 by MightyFineShindig »
Canoe | MxSS | M60-A | Aegis | Unikorn | Constellation

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 23:07:08 »
i will  re-do some translucent diffuser and if some one need this please PM me.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 01:08:52 »
Hey Silvester,

Could you point me to the qmk please as I can't find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 02:54:27 »

Just received mine today, the finish and quality on this is gorgeous. And it’s a heavy sucker! Can’t wait to build it

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2019, 02:57:12 by mudcakehoney »

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 07:09:26 »
Just received mine, the red is amazing, really good job!

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 17:37:16 »
QMK anyone please? I can’t find it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pino38

[GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 18:00:07 »
i havt recieved mine yet, but  if i am correct there should be some marking on the board that will show the correct classification.  if you can take a high def picture of both sides of the PCB and I will see if i can find it

Offline Startracker

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 09:26:20 »
Got mine too ! Perfect !
Is there a QMK layout avaible because I need that function key to type some accents.  :D

As for the keycaps it is DSA Legacy Custom Keycap Set by MiTo, Rush alphas and mods.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2019, 09:32:02 by Startracker »

Offline khangkhungkherrnitz

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 09:29:50 »
I received mine. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Vinta | Canoe | Kira EXS | TX60

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:27:44 »
Sylvester can you please tell me how to turn the led off or point me to the QMK cuz im not seeing the board anywhere on the repo

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 23:58:28 »
qmk hex.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 23:59:55 »
qmk json.

Offline Startracker

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 01:52:29 »
Thanks !
So the FN key is the one just next to the right of the space bar.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 02:07:51 by Startracker »

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 10:18:01 »

Using HFO until JTK Arctic comes in. The board has a good weight to it. This is my first board with panda clones (holy gsus) and I love the rounded tactile feel. So happy I got in on this board, thanks Sylvester!

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 19:47:58 »
is anyones PCB a bit to tall??

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 10:16:44 »

Mine for sure. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue too..

Offline odd

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 04:11:40 »
My USB won't fit in the case opening so the top and bottom half's don't line up does anyone else have this issue?

edit:

I think this might be my issue too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2019, 04:19:12 by odd »

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 09:01:33 »
I can't even figure out how the whole thing goes together... Where do the 2 clear acrylic things go, and how is the pcb supposed to be clear of the bottom of the case so it doesn't short?

Is there instructions I've missed or am I just being dumb?

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 May 2019, 09:07:07 by SlamMakanen »

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 22:07:53 »
The only way to build as an integrated plate, right? The PCB blocks the plate screws when built.

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 00:10:57 »
Before you start preparing solder, choose the nameplate you want, because you can't change it after that, unless you remove the shaft.

Offline pino38

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 28 May 2019, 22:11:16 »

Just finished building a gold/gold/gold combo.
Very solid heavy unit (12 lbs), mine didnt come with the transparent diffuser, so kinda bummed on that.
Regardless, a perfect unit, no blemishes. And the only other downside is I didnt get my weight with the Founder edition font on the bottom, not a real big deal.

I also noticed for the people saying their PCB is too big, make sure you push the plate with the pcb attached as far bottom as you can, then tighten up the screws. There is a little wiggle play so if you toghten the board with the plate pushed up, it might “seem” too big.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 15:05:23 »
I've not finished building yet but so far there quite a lot of metallic noise when pressing the keys. Anyone else have this and did it quieten once fully built?

Not complaining - just an observation

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 20:53:19 »

I also noticed for the people saying their PCB is too big, make sure you push the plate with the pcb attached as far bottom as you can, then tighten up the screws. There is a little wiggle play so if you toghten the board with the plate pushed up, it might “seem” too big.

This didn’t work for me, PCB is pushed all the way in but seems to be too big around the USB port, there is no way to screw the board together with the pcb in without damaging it. Is anybody else having this issue?

Offline nug

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 20:56:34 »

This didn’t work for me, PCB is pushed all the way in but seems to be too big around the USB port, there is no way to screw the board together with the pcb in without damaging it. Is anybody else having this issue?

I also have this issue, I tried pino38's suggestion but there was no room for the plate to move in my board. Sent a message to Slyvester so hopefully we can work something out. It's also annoying that the plate needs to be screwed in before soldering the board.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 21:00:42 »

I also have this issue, I tried pino38's suggestion but there was no room for the plate to move in my board. Sent a message to Slyvester so hopefully we can work something out. It's also annoying that the plate needs to be screwed in before soldering the board.

Agree with the plate needing to be screwed in before soldering, I ordered an extra nameplate so I could swap them around but now it’s worthless once I solder the switches.

Offline TOOKYOCORNBREAD

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 08:30:40 »

I'm also having this problem... it's millimeters off,  not sure if the PCB is too tall or too long in the space between the port and the case and it hits the case preventing it from fitting properly? Has there been any word about a solution for this?

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 15:31:56 »
Anyone else find their stabs too big for the plate? My gmk screw in ones don't fit into the holes around the space bar

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 04:07:49 »
It's a bit frustrating getting no responses these days (for everyone I assume)

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 11:40:35 »
Ok, so I got it built and love it. Now trying to use the QMK.

Is it just me or is it one huge line that doesn't make much sense? Most of the keys say KC_TRNS and trying to figure out the layout seems to be a nightmare. I'm quite new to QMK so it may just be needing to train my eye though. Any help appreciated or if anyone has already created a UK ISO layout they could send my way that would be awesome thanks :D

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 20:19:42 »

Is it just me or is it one huge line that doesn't make much sense? Most of the keys say KC_TRNS and trying to figure out the layout seems to be a nightmare. I'm quite new to QMK so it may just be needing to train my eye though. Any help appreciated or if anyone has already created a UK ISO layout they could send my way that would be awesome thanks :D

Can you provide an overview of how you build your board and address any of the issues that you previously had?

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 02:02:58 »

Can you provide an overview of how you build your board and address any of the issues that you previously had?

I'm not sure what you're asking. How I built it with regards to what? Layout? The issues are just what I outlined above about not being able to use the qmk json file.

Or have I misunderstood you completely?

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 07:20:31 »
I can't even figure out how the whole thing goes together... Where do the 2 clear acrylic things go, and how is the pcb supposed to be clear of the bottom of the case so it doesn't short?

I've not finished building yet but so far there quite a lot of metallic noise when pressing the keys. Anyone else have this and did it quieten once fully built?

Anyone else find their stabs too big for the plate? My gmk screw in ones don't fit into the holes around the space bar

I'm not sure what you're asking. How I built it with regards to what? Layout? The issues are just what I outlined above about not being able to use the qmk json file.

These issues that you have previously mentioned.

Did you have problems fitting the soldered pcb into the bottom case?

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 08:24:31 »

These issues that you have previously mentioned.

Did you have problems fitting the soldered pcb into the bottom case?

Oh right. No, not really. Seems like it was a fraction too tall in the way others mentioned but it managed to fit.

Does that info somehow help with the QMK..?

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 01:31:51 »
Is anyone able to help? I'm disappointed at the lack of assistance from this normally helpful community. There must be someone who can help?

I've also messaged Sylvester too before active suggests that

Offline nug

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 04:07:01 »
Is anyone able to help? I'm disappointed at the lack of assistance from this normally helpful community. There must be someone who can help?

Can't you just take the json that Slyvester uploaded and then use kbfirmware.com to create the ISO layout and hex? It's probably the easiest way I think

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:18:10 »

Can't you just take the json that Slyvester uploaded and then use kbfirmware.com to create the ISO layout and hex? It's probably the easiest way I think

Thanks for the suggestion Nug! I was unaware of that site but the issue with it is that the layout only appears to be for ANSI so I cannot get the keys to line-up correctly with the layout. It otherwise seems awesome.

Offline nug

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 08:36:30 »

Thanks for the suggestion Nug! I was unaware of that site but the issue with it is that the layout only appears to be for ANSI so I cannot get the keys to line-up correctly with the layout. It otherwise seems awesome.
I had a look at the layout on kbfirmware and I think it may support ISO. Just that the |\ key is assigned in the ANSI position, so if you assign that key to ~# it might register on the key just to the left of the ISO Enter if that makes sense. The Z-row also has split left shift so there is an extra key there for ISO.

I don't use ISO so I don't know if there are other keys which are missing from the layout.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 09:39:38 »

I had a look at the layout on kbfirmware and I think it may support ISO. Just that the |\ key is assigned in the ANSI position, so if you assign that key to ~# it might register on the key just to the left of the ISO Enter if that makes sense. The Z-row also has split left shift so there is an extra key there for ISO.

I don't use ISO so I don't know if there are other keys which are missing from the layout.

Much appreciated - I'll continue to look, however....

Some kind of miracle occurred - by chance the json opened up in Firefox and lo and behold it displays it in a nice interactive way that makes sense! I can now see the different layers, which key to hold to switch layers etc so I'm on to something! Thanks Firefox!

Offline deacon

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:34:38 »
qmk json.

Helping someone on Reddit, for others this looks like this is a kbfirmware.com .json file. Upload it there, worked on the second try.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 07:40:05 »
qmk json.

Helping someone on Reddit, for others this looks like this is a kbfirmware.com .json file. Upload it there, worked on the second try.

I've managed to get it working to what I need. Thank you very much!

P.S that was me on reddit too

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 16:57:38 »
Do we know if / when there will be any extras?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 04:19:26 »
Selling an unbuilt White top / Grey bottom with brass plate, brass weight and extra white weight and extra white nameplate. PM me for more details and timestamp

Offline TOOKYOCORNBREAD

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 18:08:03 »
Is anyone else having trouble with the spacebar stabilizer? It doesn't seem to have the proper clearance to allow it to go back up

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 09:11:19 »
Is anyone else having trouble with the spacebar stabilizer? It doesn't seem to have the proper clearance to allow it to go back up
Yes, I am having this issue

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 10:29:08 »

Are you using Zeal stabs or Cherry/GMK stabs?

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 11:58:48 »

Are you using Zeal stabs or Cherry/GMK stabs?

Cherry/GMK screw in (cant remember if its cherry or gmk, ill have to look at them again)

Offline TOOKYOCORNBREAD

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 19:56:23 »
I have cherry/gmk snap in... I've desoldered it a couple times thinking I was crazy but finally realized that it was the stab bar being blocked by the plate.. smh

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 17:11:39 »
I have cherry/gmk snap in... I've desoldered it a couple times thinking I was crazy but finally realized that it was the stab bar being blocked by the plate.. smh
    lol, ya that happened to me and once i fixed the spacebar i didnt realize it affects my enter key as well :( now im to lazy to desolder again

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 19:54:34 »
    lol, ya that happened to me and once i fixed the spacebar i didnt realize it affects my enter key as well :( now im to lazy to desolder again
How did you fix the spacebar stab? Did you shave the plate?

Offline TOOKYOCORNBREAD

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 10 July 2019, 20:52:16 »
How did you fix the spacebar stab? Did you shave the plate?
I thought about doing that... but i may just shave the spacebar stab bar... and I had to shave the PCB at the USB-C plug in to make the PCB fit....