Author Topic: [GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)  (Read 59220 times)

Offline odd

Re: [GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 01:33:33 »

I also noticed for the people saying their PCB is too big, make sure you push the plate with the pcb attached as far bottom as you can, then tighten up the screws. There is a little wiggle play so if you toghten the board with the plate pushed up, it might “seem” too big.

This didn’t work for me, PCB is pushed all the way in but seems to be too big around the USB port, there is no way to screw the board together with the pcb in without damaging it. Is anybody else having this issue?

I'm also having this problem... it's millimeters off,  not sure if the PCB is too tall or too long in the space between the port and the case and it hits the case preventing it from fitting properly? Has there been any word about a solution for this?

I have this exact issue and have sent pics and have been in contact with Sylvester about this issue, so far no word on a fix ;(

Offline mudcakehoney

[GB] F&T - Mars 6.5 customer keyboard(gb closed)
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 02:16:24 »
It’s poor form, the pcb is clearly the wrong size and he is taking no responsibility for it and asking users to shave down the pcb and potentially brick it (as one of my mates has done) as a solution. And now with the plate issue..

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:47:08 »
I had to buy small metal files and shave the plate for the space bar stabs and PCB for the fit. Even with that the body sits slightly misaligned but it works.

Poor form for such an expensive item

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 00:35:28 »
I had to buy small metal files and shave the plate for the space bar stabs and PCB for the fit. Even with that the body sits slightly misaligned but it works.

Poor form for such an expensive item

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ya, i had to do the same thing and my end results are basically the same

Offline odd

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 15:04:33 »
If anyone cares here is how I got mine to fit. I got around the stab issue by just using a ISO enter and was able to make my PCB fit by filing down the USB connector past the first mounting tabs. Everything fits and works fine now, I'm not sure about the long term effect of having 1/2 the mounting tabs for the USB connector but for now it works and no shorts. Not really happy about all the mods to get this working but I'm happy with the end result.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMO8N3VuXFLMp21vf9ha0id7tvF-kqado01gJt5T2N1oyZ3v5BS-0nHCXLJdFP3Iw?key=VXdkSE5GM21DRUZYR3pWYkdUVGNXUTExaXBubk5R

Offline TOOKYOCORNBREAD

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:50:11 »
Plate snap in stabs solves the spacebar stab issue.

Offline pino38

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 15:34:03 »
Does anyone know any 3rd party PCB’s that can fit into this case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Myk!

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 08:06:28 »
Got a unbuilt kit here locally. Managed to assemble it because of the comments here.
https://imgur.com/a/nC9zVqk

I only screwed the bottom part of plate so I can still separate the plate and top cover in case I want to change nameplate.

Offline vaatividya

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 02:11:48 »
I just attempted to build my Brass Mars board, and ran into the same issue where the PCB prevents the top half of the case sitting properly. Shaved off a few mm of the pcb to make it sit flush (as recommended on here) and bricked the PCB. But what other choice did I have? Build an ill-fitting keyboard?

Will contact the maker and see if another PCB can be shipped out..but given the replies here, I have my doubts. If you're reading this, don't attempt to alter the PCB.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 02:15:30 »
It is possible to get really close with some careful shaving of the pcb around the USB, it’s not ideal but it is a lot better than if you don’t. But the worst is probably the stab holes for the space bar! That **** is an absolute nightmare and requires a lot of modifications to work properly.

Offline vaatividya

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 04:05:42 »
It is possible to get really close with some careful shaving of the pcb around the USB, it’s not ideal but it is a lot better than if you don’t. But the worst is probably the stab holes for the space bar! That **** is an absolute nightmare and requires a lot of modifications to work properly.

Weird, I didn't have any issues with the stab holes for my spacebar? My zeal screw-ins went in well.

So did everyone have the PCB issue, or is it just some folks? Because if it's everyone, and there's been no response, yet the maker is still creating keyboards..I feel like this backlash did not go far enough. I'm super bummed out that a limited-edition keeb I wanted to build might be ruined. Hopefully there's another PCB out there.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 04:21:55 »

Weird, I didn't have any issues with the stab holes for my spacebar? My zeal screw-ins went in well.

So did everyone have the PCB issue, or is it just some folks? Because if it's everyone, and there's been no response, yet the maker is still creating keyboards..I feel like this backlash did not go far enough. I'm super bummed out that a limited-edition keeb I wanted to build might be ruined. Hopefully there's another PCB out there.

Oh sorry wasn’t the pcb holes but the plate holes they are not big enough for the stabs to fit comfortably without hitting the plate, at least on 3 boards I know of.

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 14:40:04 »

I had no issues with the PCB (standard alluminium edition) but the stabs I initially tried with the c3 and they didn't fit, with GMK instead I had no problem, I noticed that they are slightly different in size and the plate has really tight tolerances so probably this is why some people have problems with stabs.

Inviato dal mio H8314 utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline vaatividya

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 10:30:49 »

Hey mate (and everyone else here) I'm now having these issues with the spacebar LOL..could you please elaborate in-depth on how exactly I can fix the issue others have reported?

I assume it's the same issue. When my 6.25u spacebar is sat on the board, my spacebar activates the switch endlessly, and does not seem to bounce up correctly. Once other keys are pressed, the spacebar cannot be activated again. However, once the spacebar is off..I have trouble seeing what exactly is wrong with the stabilisers, as others have reported.

I am using Zeal stabs, and I've finished soldering the rest of the board..so I'm very afraid someone is going to ask me to desolder this nightmare of a board -.-