Author Topic: Would anyone from the U.S. like to combine a winkeyless order with me?  (Read 3031 times)

Offline LunarisDream

Hi there!

I'm considering another winkeyless build, a B.face (60%) this time around, and was wondering if anyone was also considering ordering from winkeyless. To qualify for free shipping (instead of the $29), an additonal $233 is required on the order.

I have a small amount of heatware and a significant number of confirmed trades on reddit's /r/hardwareswap and /r/mechmarket, but would be willing to pay you for my order + shipping costs within the U.S. if you are more reputable.

Mods, please let me know if this post is against the rules. I don't think this falls under an interest check since those are for relatively large group buys, nor does it fall under classifieds as I'm not buying or selling anything from/to the community.

Edit: My first and previous build, a B.87  ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2015, 06:29:19 by LunarisDream »

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
I can help you with that Lunaris.  I think you should recognize my name from r/mk.  Shoot me a pm here or there, doesn't matter.

« Last Edit: Sun, 19 July 2015, 09:02:30 by filphil »

Offline LunarisDream

I can help you with that Lunaris.  I think you should recognize my name from r/mk.  Shoot me a pm here or there, doesn't matter.

Show Image

Done. Appreciate it!

Offline ika

Re: Would anyone from the U.S. like to combine a winkeyless order with me?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 21:12:27 »
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, since I'm looking for the same thing. My conditions are essentially exactly the same as the OP here. I'm making a winkeyless order for three things (B.87, b.pad, b.face) and some accessories and need another ~$140 in order to reach the $400 shipping mark. I'm more active at Head-Fi and reddit as ikarios but I can provide plenty of feedback to whoever requests it. Thanks!

Offline krbuck

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 09:08:33 »
Hello ika - I *might* be interested. The only sticking point is that I'm still undecided exactly what to get. I'm thinking of getting a b.face x2 pcb with soldered controller, diodes, LEDs and resistors. Do you happen to know the accepted way to choose resistor values?

Btw, I'm going to solder on the newly available purple switches. Other than that, I'm not sure where I'll be going with it.

If you can get someone else to jump on this while I decide, go for it. I may still wait for the JD45 board and do that instead anyway.

Good luck....

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 12:10:31 »
I'd love to help but you picked a bad time. :(  Saving my cash for Purple Gaterons and Rainbow POMs ...

Offline ika

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:10:42 »
I'd love to help but you picked a bad time. :(  Saving my cash for Purple Gaterons and Rainbow POMs ...

Tell me about it... I just hope there isn't another Orion V2 styled keybaord coming anytime soon or else that would really slay me.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 15:51:33 »
You choose resistor values in the comments section when checking out

Offline ika

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:05:41 »
Hello ika - I *might* be interested. The only sticking point is that I'm still undecided exactly what to get. I'm thinking of getting a b.face x2 pcb with soldered controller, diodes, LEDs and resistors. Do you happen to know the accepted way to choose resistor values?

Btw, I'm going to solder on the newly available purple switches. Other than that, I'm not sure where I'll be going with it.

If you can get someone else to jump on this while I decide, go for it. I may still wait for the JD45 board and do that instead anyway.

Good luck....

Actually there's a dropdown selection for resistor values when choosing options for the PCB. Hojin uses 820, 910, and 1300ohm resistors. Higher resistor values are ideal for orange, red, and yellow LEDs, and white/blue LEDs would be dimmer. The inverse is true with lower value resistors - "normal" for white/blue LEDs, but maybe too bright for red/orange/yellow. Other than that, I don't have any experience with his LEDs. I was planning on using 1300 ohm to be able to use socketed LEDs and since I usually put my LEDs on the dimmest setting anyway.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:14:08 »

Good luck....

Actually there's a dropdown selection for resistor values when choosing options for the PCB. Hojin uses 820, 910, and 1300ohm resistors. Higher resistor values are ideal for orange, red, and yellow LEDs, and white/blue LEDs would be dimmer. The inverse is true with lower value resistors - "normal" for white/blue LEDs, but maybe too bright for red/orange/yellow. Other than that, I don't have any experience with his LEDs. I was planning on using 1300 ohm to be able to use socketed LEDs and since I usually put my LEDs on the dimmest setting anyway.
On his 60% he recommends 820 for all colors, I would assume bpad is the same

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 21:06:07 »
Not sure if you've already done this/when you want to do it, but I'll be on board in like two weeks maybe, need to recover from the Zealios order financially.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ika

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 22:25:16 »
Not sure if you've already done this/when you want to do it, but I'll be on board in like two weeks maybe, need to recover from the Zealios order financially.

I'm still looking for someone! I'm putting Zealios on mine too so I don't think waiting will be a big deal. I feel like I should start a new thread, since I know OP already completed his buy and not everyone reads threads through.

EDIT: making a new thread soon!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 18:41:44 by ika »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:28:59 »

I'm still looking for someone! I'm putting Zealios on mine too so I don't think waiting will be a big deal. I feel like I should start a new thread, since I know OP already completed his buy and not everyone reads threads through.
I'm getting payed sometime in the next week, so I should be ready to make the purchase then if I have the money left over after various GBs I want to enter. I'll make a new thread as well if you want when that time comes around.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.