Author Topic: Vortex Keyboards? are they good?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Abula

Vortex Keyboards? are they good?
« on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 11:32:13 »
Hi,

I see a lot of good comments about the PoK3r and its variations, some really like them, i can see why.

But im here today bother you with some feedback regarding their full size keyboard, are they worth considering??? as in its pricerange a lot of other options appear.

The one that im looking is the Vortex PFCN6800 KBTalking ONE White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Grey Cherry MX)?

Thanks for your feedback,
Topre Realforce 87UD 10th Anniversary Edition || Vortex Race 3 || Ducky Shine 5 RGB || Filco Majestouch 104 || Logitech G810

Offline Snagg57

Re: Vortex Keyboards? are they good?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 11:49:48 »
Generally Vortex has a really good track record, however since their Poker line is much more popular than their ONE line, you may not hear alot of failures or issues. However of the time I have been researching and reading about mechanical keyboards, I have not really read of any issues with the particular board you have linked. And if you are looking for a backlit board that has Tactile Grey's then that board is pretty much the only one that you can readily buy. So if anything hit the buy button if you are interested in Tactile Grey switches.

Also something to note, If you are easily tired by typing for long periods of time, then I would not really suggest you get Tactile Grey switches. However if you are a heavy handed typist, then go right ahead and enjoy the nice stiffness of Light Greys. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who loves heavier switches
KUL ES-87 [MX Clear] || CM Storm Novatouch TKL Suppressed [45g Topre] || HHKB Pro 2 Suppressed[45g Torpre] || KBP V60 [MX White] || Noppoo Lolita Spyder [Kailh Blue] || Unicomp Space Saver [Buckling Spring] || CM Storm Quickfire XT [MX Brown]

Offline astromazzy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 23:56:20 »
I can't speak for this specific keyboard, but I own the non-backlit, tenkeyless version of this one- the KBT ONI.
The build quality on that board was excellent, very solid and sturdy for a plastic case. If they have kept the build quality of the ONE and the ONI when they started these backlit models, then I highly recommend them.
I can't speak for their ABS keycaps though, as the ONI had PBT. But now that PBT backlit keycaps exist, that's something you can easily fix.

Offline Wuzadi

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:03:09 »
I personally have this exact board, but with whites. Never had any problems with the LEDs. Build quality seems pretty solid. I've been using it for about 3 months now and the previous owner had it for about six months. Zero issues as of right now.
You met me at a very strange time in my life.

Offline Kliwon

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 20:53:50 »
just Poker line is good for me :-X

Offline BigTinz

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 16:14:19 »
Sorry for the bump, but there's very little info on the Vortex One. Is the USB cable removable?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:04:25 »
I had a ONE for a little while. It was pretty standard. Nothing wrong with it, but also nothing spectacular about it at all. The only real reason to get one is if you really want some of the harder to find switches, like those Greys in the one you linked. Past that there are boards that are as good, or better, for a much better price.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline BigTinz

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:52:28 »
I had a ONE for a little while. It was pretty standard. Nothing wrong with it, but also nothing spectacular about it at all. The only real reason to get one is if you really want some of the harder to find switches, like those Greys in the one you linked. Past that there are boards that are as good, or better, for a much better price.

Is the usb cable removable?

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 22:45:22 »
I have one with tactile greys and i love it.  No issues, heavy and solid build. 

USB cable is not removable.

I type all day long on it and dont get tired.

Offline MajorMajor

• Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiast
    • Coding Supply
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 17:02:08 »
Very well respected manufacturer.
TKL / Clears / Dvorak / Flipped Space for Life / Best Programming Keyboards