Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blue Mod Set (Final Render & Pricing Received) Going Live April 3rd!  (Read 1837147 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] GMK Green Mod Set (Revised Mockup Received)
« Reply #500 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:18:36 »
How would you guys feel about this set (not same colors) + a few caps

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
Control r3 stepped and full touch
~` matching cap

This version wouldn't have full TKL support and would be more the style of Ivan's mod gb. I'm just trying to bounce around more ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from GMK. I could try to look into a separate pack for a full TKL kit, but that likely wouldn't reach MOQ.

I think I have not comment on this yet, and it is a basic modifiers set in the line of other moogles that have been manufactured by SP, and they are always in demand so it is a great option. From a personal perspective, if you add the 1.5u row 2 backspace I would certainly buy three sets.
There may be a 1.75u one, not too sure about the demand for a 1.5u one.

I was thinking us HHKB users could bite the bullet a little and just use the matching color \| cap as our backspace in order to keep the number of caps minimal.

Yeah, I certainly could do that, actually I have my Poker fitted with Ivan's purple mod and I am using one blank 1.5u row 4 key for the delete position in row 2 instead of \|, but it is just not the same as having a nice back space icon there. You know us keyboard lovers want everything to be perfect. Any way I fully support your effort to get a moogle done with GMK goodness all the way. I'll stay with you, and I am certainly reserving some money for this. But if you finally decide to add such key this may be my adapter of choice, and it will be populating my three daily drivers.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #501 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:56:18 »
If not sure if we'd need the stepped control and I'd add an Esc.

:( - I do.

I like the set Bill.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #502 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 09:37:02 »
What about pad printing a Del/Bksp on the front of the \| key?  Or using front printing in general for HHKB support?  Just an idea - I have no idea how much pad printing costs.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 09:54:16 »
What about pad printing a Del/Bksp on the front of the \| key?  Or using front printing in general for HHKB support?  Just an idea - I have no idea how much pad printing costs.

It may worth if the cost of pad printing does not match or is close to that of an additional key, only.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:43:01 »
While I love cyan, I wouldn't be interested in buying in to that since I participated in the groupbuy for white/cyan sets Feng ran recently. While I don't really care personally, I do think it would be wise to include the arrows and edit block keys. Most people do use TKL and it was the biggest complaint when I ran that purple mods set. I think most people would rather have those than some of the special case keys if we need to keep it as small and cheap as possible.

Pad printing front legends idea is good. It's less expensive than dedicated keys to be sure which is why I did it that way on Dolch. If they don't have a screen for that legend it is $25 set up fee which isn't bad really.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 16:37:45 »
How would you guys feel about this set (not same colors) + a few caps

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
Control r3 stepped and full touch
~` matching cap

This version wouldn't have full TKL support and would be more the style of Ivan's mod gb. I'm just trying to bounce around more ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from GMK. I could try to look into a separate pack for a full TKL kit, but that likely wouldn't reach MOQ.

I think I have not comment on this yet, and it is a basic modifiers set in the line of other moogles that have been manufactured by SP, and they are always in demand so it is a great option. From a personal perspective, if you add the 1.5u row 2 backspace I would certainly buy three sets.
There may be a 1.75u one, not too sure about the demand for a 1.5u one.

I was thinking us HHKB users could bite the bullet a little and just use the matching color \| cap as our backspace in order to keep the number of caps minimal.

What about the two 1u keys that replace backspace?  We would have to find some other keys to put there?  I'm not complaining about using \| as backspace, since it will at least allow the use of the coloured keys, but the split backspace caps will be weird and the wrong colour.  :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #506 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 18:45:19 »
While I love cyan, I wouldn't be interested in buying in to that since I participated in the groupbuy for white/cyan sets Feng ran recently. While I don't really care personally, I do think it would be wise to include the arrows and edit block keys. Most people do use TKL and it was the biggest complaint when I ran that purple mods set. I think most people would rather have those than some of the special case keys if we need to keep it as small and cheap as possible.

Pad printing front legends idea is good. It's less expensive than dedicated keys to be sure which is why I did it that way on Dolch. If they don't have a screen for that legend it is $25 set up fee which isn't bad really.

Lets explore the side pad printing for alternate layouts like the HHKB, but add the 1 row 1u \|, and ~` keys. I have not check if they were included in the last mock up though.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #507 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 16:53:11 »
What about the two 1u keys that replace backspace?

I don't quite follow - the two 1u keys that replace backspace shouldn't be the same color as the mods and if you wanted color symmetry the `~ is already part of the pack.  I think it's up to the people getting this mod set to produce their own R1 1u \| key.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #508 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 16:55:52 »
I think this is certainly a good idea!

It won't be cyan, I just snagged that mockup just to give people a visual

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #509 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 17:43:35 »
What about the two 1u keys that replace backspace?

I don't quite follow - the two 1u keys that replace backspace shouldn't be the same color as the mods and if you wanted color symmetry the `~ is already part of the pack.  I think it's up to the people getting this mod set to produce their own R1 1u \| key.

Oh shoot you're right.  I did forget that \| wouldn't be the mod colour.  And I don't use `~ as the other key, I put Del there, so for me a proper profile coloured Del would not be available.  But I forgot that most people would put `~ and wouldn't care.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #510 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 20:57:40 »
AE please

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #511 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 23:06:39 »
Anything but AE please.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #512 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 19:53:50 »
Sending an email to GMK tonight.

I have come up with a new color scheme that should match Dolch and classic beige pretty well! Update coming soon. :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #513 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 19:56:39 »

I have come up with a new color scheme that should match Dolch and classic beige pretty well! Update coming soon. :)

Interesting.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #514 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 21:36:46 »

so excited for that :)
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 05:32:58 »

Ahhhh yis!

Offline renne

« Reply #516 on: Mon, 16 February 2015, 17:59:25 »

wow

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:46:25 »

Is that the Teal?

Would this be included with the green set or separate buy?
Also, Feng is doing a set with this color at the moment, just fyi.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 14:50:21 »

Is that the Teal?

Would this be included with the green set or separate buy?
Also, Feng is doing a set with this color at the moment, just fyi.
It's not that color. I just used that mockup as an example of some of the keys that will be in the set. :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 17:45:46 »

pm'd sir
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline honoka

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 09:09:53 »
That cyan hawt

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 09:42:12 »
That cyan hawt
The cyan is only a place holder. He only posted it to show what keys he wanted. Feng already has a white and cyan key set so it makes no sense to run anything in cyan right now.

Offline billnye

• ability man
Re: [IC] GMK Blue Mod Set (Revised Mockup Received)
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:05:11 »
Hey guys, got the mockup back today. Decided to try out CC on N5. CC is the gray used on the alphas of Dolch, so it will match that set nicely. Also, the medium gray tone should match beige quite nicely. I think this combo is a good middle ground between the two :). The first mockup you will see is one edited by vesper to be more color accurate. GMK renders tend to be a bit faded, so some enhancement is needed ;D. If you have any of the blue GMK caps from EK, this is the same blue. However, due to it being doubleshot with a gray plastic, the blue won't be as bright as the caps EK sells.

There will also be an escape pack that will have a matching escape with a few other colorways :cool:

"Electric Bluegaloo" -FrostyToast

Here is the render GMK set.

Please let me know how you feel about the color and about the keys included :) Thanks to geniekid for the awesome idea of having the delete legend printed on the front of the |\ cap  :thumb:

credit to lucifer

no credit

credit to nntam
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:19:40 by billnye »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #523 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:13:57 »

no credit

I also wouldn't want to be credited for such an ugly board.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:15:06 »
I like the color for sure, would be interested depending on the final price.  :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:16:55 »
I like the color for sure, would be interested depending on the final price.  :thumb:
Price will be coming soon, once we finalize the keys for sure I will be able to get a quote :thumb:

Should be right around the $50 everyone wants :D

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:27:46 »
To give my input, not interested in blue mods, only interested in green one (w/e the shade of green)
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:28:37 »
To give my input, not interested in blue mods, only interested in green one (w/e the shade of green)
I'm up for changing the color if people are interested in something else :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:32:09 »
I want to like it, but N5 is the worst blue GMK has.  It's the same blue that EK uses on their GMK caps.  IMO, it will not look good at all with Dolch, BoW, and Beige and Cream, especially with those grey legends.  I know I'm outspoken on this, but I really only think it would look decent with some TA typewriter sets.  I have some mods at home since I bought them hoping they would look good with my TA blue PBT set (they only looked okay), so I'll try to get some comparison shots with it next to Dolch, BoW, and Beige and Cream.

Maybe I'll try and play around with some other color combos when I get home and see what people think. 

Offline geniekid

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:32:29 »
I'd rather go with any of the three greens considered before.  But if I'm being honest, I'd buy in with almost any color :p

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:58:06 »
I think this color-combination is lacking enough contrast. You can barely see the legends.
Still voting for black legends on any base color.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:00:50 »
Should get 3B legends.
Although seriously, I think black legends would work fine. I don't think any Dolch or WoB owners would care about that.
As said before the contrast would also work better.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #532 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 18:16:35 »
I would prefer black legends.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #533 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:10:57 »
Gotta say, not really feeling the blue Bill. Something just about it just is dull in my opinion.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #534 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:28:35 »
I don't mind N5 but not a fan of the legends, too low on contrast. If I had to choose I'd like white legends.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:32:51 »
I don't mind N5 but not a fan of the legends, too low on contrast. If I had to choose I'd like white legends.
Yeah, the legends are way too light

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #536 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:35:47 »
alright, I'll ask for mockup same blue with white and black legends instead.

Any other colors you guys would like to see? Since we have the keys down, it's pretty easy for them to swap out the colors.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #537 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:39:01 »
I'd love to see a UN0001 on a V1 or V2. (White Text on Orange) or vice versa.

What about a AE on 2B (Green Text on Gray)?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #538 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:41:44 »
I'd love to see a UN0001 on a V1 or V2. (White Text on Orange) or vice versa.

What about a AE on 2B (Green Text on Gray)?
I have plans for white and orange later ;)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #539 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:50:25 »

Any other colors you guys would like to see? Since we have the keys down, it's pretty easy for them to swap out the colors.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #540 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 19:53:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you, both of those look amazing! I like the white on blue more, but it's up to you guys.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #541 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:01:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you, both of those look amazing! I like the white on blue more, but it's up to you guys.

White on blue looks better by itself but if the goal is still to compliment the classic beige set I think black on blue looks better.  I will be happy with either :)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #542 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:02:34 »
No problem lol kinda messed up the blue a little bit, but I guess it works as a mockup.  :))

I would definitely be in for blue set with the white legends. Especially since matching arrow keys are already available from EK.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #543 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:06:06 »
The set may complement TA, HF, and CB group buys well, and with a fair price it may still dent the wallets. Renders showing the set along with the current GBs and classic WoB may get the attention of buyers.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #544 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:09:03 »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #545 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:10:16 »

Show Image

That looks dope.
This is my favorite color scheme I have seen from GMK so far. I would love to do it if the community is behind it.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #546 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:12:04 »

Show Image

That looks dope.
This is my favorite color scheme I have seen from GMK so far. I would love to do it if the community is behind it.

As ideus said it would compliment Triumph Adler and probably Olivetti sets really well, I also think OG White on Black would look pretty good too.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #547 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:30:11 »
wouldn't it be better to save those keys for a full blown GMK Raindrop set?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #548 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:32:34 »

Well I know that Bunny has said he wants to move forward on new colorways so I'm fairly confident he's not going to be running a GB for that, this may be the closest we get to GMK Raindrop for a long time.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #549 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 20:59:17 »

No, we need this modifiers set A.S.A.P.