Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 261215 times)

Offline breitling

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (happy Chinese New Year's)
« Reply #1050 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 12:24:04 »
thanks LD for running thes GBs! very much enkoying my zz96 from r2 still!

Offline topherrehpot

« Reply #1051 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 12:07:42 »
Thanks a lot LD! Because of you, I got my dream board! :D

Offline kikilink333

« Reply #1052 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:46:42 »
Stupid question.  I grabbed up some stabilizers from switchtop that are PCB mount.  Will they work well with this board?  And what is everyone else using for stabs?

Thanks!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1053 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:48:58 »
Stupid question.  I grabbed up some stabilizers from switchtop that are PCB mount.  Will they work well with this board?  And what is everyone else using for stabs?

Thanks!

PCB mount will work just fine, have them on my ZZ. FWIW, most, if not all are using PCB mount stabs.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1054 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 07:27:27 »

Thanks!

Any keyboards with universal plates requires the use of PCB-mounted stabs. Few, if any customs use plate mount stabs at all. Generally you only tend to see plate mount stabs on commercial OEM keyboards from the big companies like Ducky, Cooler Master, Corsair and the likes.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #1055 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 13:05:58 »
Looking good, everyone! I'm happy to say that this buy has finally been (mostly) wrapped up, with the exception of two missing cases (maevy and MandrewDavis) who I will respond to later today (sleep deprived as all hell right now), and some replacements for r2 that need to be sent out. Seeing these boards reach their destinations safely (after some sacrifices that were made during r2) has been a heartwarming sight to behold, and I hope you're all enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine right now. I'm pretty sure this will be the last "major" buy I do ("major" for me being order counts of 30+), but I'll be back with stuff in moderation from time to time, and hopefully improve my track record of severe delays with every buy.

I first started doing group buys because, being Chinese American, I have the opportunity to get in touch with both the Chinese and Western side of mechanical keyboard communities. After I saw lastpilot's GON Nerd Crystal TKL which prompted me to build a fully decked-out B.87, I needed jelly POM keycaps. But there were none to be had on mechmarket or with Western vendors. Hell, many vendors that exist today weren't even here back then. So I dug through old GH and reddit threads, scoured Taobao, and eventually found a couple suppliers with limited stock. After talking with a buddy of mine and buying a couple sets to verify that it's the real deal, we decided to go all in. Thus went my first group buy for jelly POM keycaps. Next thing that caught my attention was a RS96. Same process, found some folks who were making the ZZ96, and hopped on board. i kept hunting for interesting stuff on the Chinese side to bring over here, but that's no longer necessary. There are plenty of vendors and individuals alike who are actively seeking out opportunities to bring niche products to the community, and I commend them for it. I've a few small projects planned, but after that, I think I'll be able to "retire". I've enough boards and am satisfied with the sets I've got, and I don't have to worry about hidden jewels staying hidden with so many active and helpful members of the community working for everyone's benefit.

The mechanical keyboard communities have enriched my past year and a half greatly and I thank all of you for being there and playing a part. Seriously, thanks guys. I look forward to seeing what new heights the community can achieve.

Thanks for all the personal help and running his gb Lunaris! It's been a blast talking to you. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] ZZ96 (ver. 2) round 2 (orders closed)
« Reply #1056 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 13:18:36 »
I CAN'T READ IGNORE ME
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1057 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:59:04 »
Hi Lunar, I sent a PM a few days ago and I didn't get a response. I can send it again if that makes it easier.

Offline keyplanocator

« Reply #1058 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 01:34:19 »
I just signed up because google told me group buys were on here for the zz96.

does this mean its no more?  :(

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #1059 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 10:02:42 »
I just signed up because google told me group buys were on here for the zz96.

does this mean its no more?  :(
Pretty much, the GB period is over and extras have been sold. You may still be able to purchase an acrylic kit though.  In the future, Input Club and ThesisCamper are putting out a 96key board called the Kira so maybe look into that.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)
« Reply #1060 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 09:15:08 »

aaron's getting a replacement made for his top frame which will likely take a month or two.

Hey LD,

Any update regarding the replacement top? I sent a couple PM's on both GH and Reddit and have yet to receive any type response. If you could reply with some sort of acknowledgement, that would be great.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #1061 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 10:26:30 »
After a long time, I finally finished my ZZ96! There were a few setbacks and delays along the way, but I'm pretty happy with the final product. Hope you all the best with your future endeavours LD!  :thumb:

ZZ96 with Zealistotles, GMK Skidata+ and Pexon cable

Offline jonovann

« Reply #1062 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:14:55 »
Anyway i am able to still get in on this?

Offline owacle

« Reply #1063 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 14:06:13 »
After a long time, I finally finished my ZZ96! There were a few setbacks and delays along the way, but I'm pretty happy with the final product. Hope you all the best with your future endeavours LD!  :thumb:

Show Image

Fan-bloody-tastic. In fact I'm going to switch my numpad + to be the same as yours after seeing that.
I'm waiting for Godspeed SA and gmk terminal_ so I've got some temp caps (thanks breitling!)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #1064 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 14:13:51 »

Show Image

Fan-bloody-tastic. In fact I'm going to switch my numpad + to be the same as yours after seeing that.
I'm waiting for Godspeed SA and gmk terminal_ so I've got some temp caps (thanks breitling!)
Show Image

I've always found a 2u plus sign on the numpad to be a waste of space, doing it this way allow me to have pg up and down stacked on top of each other, in a more logical manner  :thumb:

It's also a carryover from my favourite layout (Cherry 1800) and old habits die hard.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1065 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 11:10:24 »
Lunaris I sent you yet another pm about my unshipped numpad.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #1066 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 14:39:51 »
I know this is a long shot.. but, would anyone be interested in selling their zz96 kit or assembled kb?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1067 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:37:54 »
Time for my weekly reminder for Lunaris. Hope you see my pm this time.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1068 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 15:45:19 »
Time for my weekly reminder for Lunaris. Hope you see my pm this time.

In the same boat as you. PM'd LD numerous times on GH and Reddit, all have gone unanswered.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:50:21 by aaron6301 »

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #1069 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 15:48:19 »
Just tried on the R1 PCB and the 8134-HC-8P3/2 Holtite sockets for the switches fall through. Good news is that the 6-1437514-7/6 models work great for the LEDs.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Maevy

« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 17:41:37 »
Im still waiting for a response for my replacement zz96 case that came defect.

Its like 3-4 months since last response...

Offline owacle

« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 22:40:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've always found a 2u plus sign on the numpad to be a waste of space, doing it this way allow me to have pg up and down stacked on top of each other, in a more logical manner  :thumb:

It's also a carryover from my favourite layout (Cherry 1800) and old habits die hard.
Got some caps. Now I just need to remove that 2u and stabs. For another day.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 17:57:44 »
Im still waiting for a response for my replacement zz96 case that came defect.

Its like 3-4 months since last response...

I too was waiting about that long till I finally received a response from him on 04/29/17. Here's the message I received:

"Hey dude, please give me a quick reminder of what color I'm supposed to send you. I need to check inventory (I say inventory but it's really just a jumble of parts scattered throughout my apartment right now -_-). I'll have a response for you asap."

I responded to his message the following day and have yet to receive any correspondence since. Definitely didn't receive a response "asap".

It's unfortunate that LD has gone dark again regarding replacement's for this GB. It seems that he is somewhat active in regards to his other GB's which is disheartening to say the least.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1073 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 11:18:11 »
Looking for a ZZ96 PCB, paying well! PM please

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #1074 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 20:14:56 »

I have an unused R1 Red PCB, PM me if you are interested.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1075 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 21:18:24 »

I have an unused R1 Red PCB, PM me if you are interested.

Holy **** that never works! PMing

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #1076 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 19:41:57 »
Looking for a pbc as well anyone have an extra or know where to get one ? LunarisDream , Mandrew davis ?

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 23:13:03 »
I need another gb pls ;-;

Offline roflbrothel

« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 00:31:21 »
I need another gb pls ;-;

We're in the middle of R3 atm... He hasn't given us an update since September 13. The GB started on May 1st(at least from my paypal invoice). I don't think another GB is gonna happen anytime soon given the mess that this one is currently.

Offline silenceofthesamz

« Reply #1079 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 20:47:07 »
I have the most recent message I've seen on this.
This is from LunarisDream last month, but he has dropped off reddit since then. :

Hey man, I'm a bit preoccupied right now so sorry for the short response. The PCBs are going to be sent out to me tomorrow which will be followed by an update with photos when they arrive. I've no new word on the cases thus far.

Sorry it's taking so long. I'll be able to reply in more depth later tonight.

___
Note, I never received a response from him that night or since.

« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 08:36:41 »
I did see he posted in the r/mk Discord that the PCB guy is giving him the run around with shipping right now but he does finally have a tracking number for them and hoped to get them this week and be wrapped up with the GB by the end of January provided that cases come in on time.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1081 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 09:36:11 »
Yeah I also spoke with him on discord last week or so, ~January atm

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #1082 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 10:16:26 »
I'm not a part of the GB but I think it's worth noting to anyone who thinks LD has dropped off the face of the earth that he's in the r/mk discord basically everyday.

This isn't me telling you to go bother him endlessly there, but he's there if you need to ask him a question or two.

Offline silenceofthesamz

« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 09:48:06 »
He sent an email today 12/28/2017

Hey all,

An update is long overdue. Sorry for being absent (after saying I wasn't going to do exactly that in the previous update). Personal reasons will just bore you and be a piss poor attempt to garner sympathy so let's move on to how the two buys will be concluded.

If this email has reached you in error, please feel free to ignore and delete it.

ZZ96:
Aluminum parts (case and plate) are complete, packed, and were shipped out and en route to me earlier today. It's coming from the southernmost region of China to the Northeast where I am (Changchun), so it will probably take 5-7 days to reach me. I have attached an image of the parts pre-shipment.
Acrylic parts (the central diffuser plate, possible triangular side diffusers) had to be pushed up the production pipeline since the place that works on them is also working to fulfill a Chinese group buy for acrylic keycap cases. This should not take long from now to complete.
PCBs had one issue after another with shipping and were supposed to be shipped out to me this time last month. They were finally shipped out tonight to me and should be here in a few days, earlier than the cases. I purchased a couple extras because some people were asking for extras a while back. A photo of the PCBs prior to shipping to me is also attached.

TriC75:
Due to multiple points of miscommunication, this buy is largely unable to be fulfilled. This is much more on me than TriC so please do not blame them (save for the production delays). I have 7 kits remaining with me that I will inspect and ship out to fulfill what outstanding orders I can, but the remainder will have to be refunded. The 180-day Paypal period has long since passed so verifying the orders and refunds may be a cumbersome process, but I will take care of them.

Other affairs:
Some disputes were opened during my absence (I don't blame anyone for doing so, I'd do the same in your shoes) and went through. If you want your spot back, I'd be happy to accommodate. Requests for refunds will also be honored, but the main issue is that I no longer have enough money in my Paypal account to handle the backlog of said requests in my inbox. Almost all of the GB money were transferred to China to pay for production and shipping, when the time comes. However, this can be resolved via the following methods:
Selling of unclaimed ZZ96 spots: I have over 10 spots available. If some of them are picked up by others, it would be easy for me to take care of the pending refund requests.
Selling of some TriC60 gen 3 cases and TriC80 kits that are in-stock and ready to ship from China. I have verified that they are indeed in stock and ready to ship, and will hopefully have a TriC80 kit arrive for inspection in a few days since I don't feel comfortable selling something I've not used before.
Please understand that refund requests will be honored to the best of my ability, but it will take time for me to gather the funds via the above methods.

I did make a video about this, but it seems to be impossible to upload from China. My VPN cuts off every 10 seconds or so when I attempt to upload to the usual sites (GDrive/YouTube). Uploading to YouTube just shows up as Upload Pending.

I hope to go through the messages in my inbox tomorrow. It's 11:37PM and I only got two hours of sleep the night before and a morning exam earlier today. I neither want nor deserve sympathy for how horribly I've ran these buys, and just want to wrap these up as quickly as possible for all our sakes.

Sincerely,
Jian

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #1084 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 19:06:45 »
so curious to round 2 people. I have questions about leds. Are all the led dimm on the board except the number lock and cap lock? Or am I doing something wrong. I can clearly see that the brightness is much differnt from num lock to the key next to it. It seems like they are getting more voltage and much brighter..Anyone care to give input on this ???

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 19:47:09 »
so curious to round 2 people. I have questions about leds. Are all the led dimm on the board except the number lock and cap lock? Or am I doing something wrong. I can clearly see that the brightness is much differnt from num lock to the key next to it. It seems like they are getting more voltage and much brighter..Anyone care to give input on this ???

The backlighting LEDs are moderated by the LED brightness slider in BootMapper Client. The lock indicators are full on/off. Try adjusting the slider and see if you can get them to a brightness evenness you can live with. Keep in mind, the firmware will limit the current if both the RGB and backlighting LEDs are on.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 22:23:56 »

The backlighting LEDs are moderated by the LED brightness slider in BootMapper Client. The lock indicators are full on/off. Try adjusting the slider and see if you can get them to a brightness evenness you can live with. Keep in mind, the firmware will limit the current if both the RGB and backlighting LEDs are on.

That actually worked. I did not know that lowering or even turning off the rgb on the bottom would affect this. Kinda odd that it did not support 2 differnt voltage channels So one didnt have to be dim to make the other one bright. But all is well for what it is worth. Thanks man

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 22:55:54 »

That actually worked. I did not know that lowering or even turning off the rgb on the bottom would affect this. Kinda odd that it did not support 2 differnt voltage channels So one didnt have to be dim to make the other one bright. But all is well for what it is worth. Thanks man

It's not that. These are USB 2.0 spec boards, which means 500mah max draw.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #1088 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 01:48:13 »

So are there any custom boards that are not limited to this issue?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1089 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 07:01:19 »

So are there any custom boards that are not limited to this issue?

QMK-based boards make no effort to limit current draw.

Offline silenceofthesamz

« Reply #1090 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 23:12:53 »
Has anyone heard anything?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 22:26:58 »
curious how this resolved?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Maevy

« Reply #1092 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 14:18:26 »
Well mine did get to me.

In a very bad shape and he hasnt resolved it with me.

I just found it in my storage and got reminded once again of this sh1t.

And this was not shipping damage :/

https://imgur.com/gallery/dPCfI4F

Who wants to buy? (Sweden)

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #1093 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 06:32:18 »
Well mine did get to me.

In a very bad shape and he hasnt resolved it with me.

I just found it in my storage and got reminded once again of this sh1t.

And this was not shipping damage :/

https://imgur.com/gallery/dPCfI4F

Who wants to buy? (Sweden)
Shoot me a PM please