Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 468075 times)

Offline Hanni

Happy to announce that the set will now include full TKL support (without arrow keys) at the same price listed in the OP
Quote from: GMK
In addition GMK will add a 1x1 key in the same color way for free. You can either choose a specific legend or make this a surprise key.
Figured I would leave this up to you guys whether you would prefer a mystery key or choosing a legend :thumb:
Just going to get arrow keys added to the main set.

IFigured I would leave this up to you guys whether you would prefer a mystery key or choosing a legend :thumb:
a geekhack key ?  :rolleyes:

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
I think I need to change my order from one of each to three of each now.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline billnye

• ability man
a geekhack key ?  :rolleyes:
GMK only does custom legends for pad printing and we would have to pay for them to create the new legend so we would probably go with a legend they already have.

I think I need to change my order from one of each to three of each now.
Will do JD :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Filled in. Wouldn't mind if the arrow keys are included by default.

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=ethoho2828imt135oc2kh8emqvhjdmv6&topic=63161.0
I am living in "first 100"
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Just going to get arrow keys added to the main set. I didn't remember that the arrow keys were $8.5

Doesn't make much sense to have people order them when we can get them for much cheaper :)). Price of the main set will go up a few dollars but I think it is justifiable.

Awesome! This plus the TA alphas is going to be an amazing combo!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
Just going to get arrow keys added to the main set. I didn't remember that the arrow keys were $8.5

Doesn't make much sense to have people order them when we can get them for much cheaper :)). Price of the main set will go up a few dollars but I think it is justifiable.

+1

It's what pushed me to buy a set of TA.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

+1

Now I just want a red Tab (and maybe Backspace) mini-buy so I can get an approximation of my Signature 511 and Smith Corona typewriter set mockups. 

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
By the way...

IMAGES DO NOT DO THIS COLOR BLUE JUSTICE!!! I have the blue Alt keys from EK, and they are a beautiful, vibrant blue in person.

So excite. Dis gon' be gud!

in memoriam

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better

+1

I thought you had decided you weren't buying TA?? 

Edit: sorry I didn't mean this to sound like I'm trying to start something; just was wondering   
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2015, 17:52:15 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
This gets us matching profile bottom row :)

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Ah ok that makes sense.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

Doesn't make much sense to have people order them when we can get them for much cheaper :)) . Price of the main set will go up a few dollars but I think it is justifiable.

+1

Now I just want a red Tab (and maybe Backspace) mini-buy so I can get an approximation of my Signature 511 and Smith Corona typewriter set mockups. 

Show Image

Show Image

Do you know what was the main motivation in the original design of this typewriter to get a red tab? It looks just out of place there; maybe, even the enter key in red would make more sense for contemporary boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
By the way...

IMAGES DO NOT DO THIS COLOR BLUE JUSTICE!!! I have the blue Alt keys from EK, and they are a beautiful, vibrant blue in person.

+10
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Do you know what was the main motivation in the original design of this typewriter to get a red tab? It looks just out of place there; maybe, even the enter key in red would make more sense for contemporary boards.

It be what it be.  I personally like the red tab or exit, but various different old keyboards had the backspace equivalent, the += key, and/or the tab equivalent key in a contrasting color.  Many of the older typewriters, for lack of a better description, had a super space key that was basically a Tab key next to the spacebar, but it made a set number of spaces when you hit it.

Offline Dee1

I can't remember if I already joined this or not. If I submit another order and it turns out I already did it out before, will I get charged twice for both orders? Or will it just override my old one?

Sorry for the silly question. :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
I can't remember if I already joined this or not. If I submit another order and it turns out I already did it out before, will I get charged twice for both orders? Or will it just override my old one?

Send Billny a PM to ask him to check if you are already in.

Offline billnye

• ability man

I have you down for 2 mod sets and 2 escape packs right now :thumb:

Offline Dee1

I have you down for 2 mod sets and 2 escape packs right now :thumb:
Awesome! Thanks a lot for running this. :)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Is there a place where I can get blank 1x electric blue caps (R4) for a winkeyless layout? Not too keen on the Windows logo...

Offline billnye

• ability man
Just got a revised quote from GMK. New price will be $47 and will include full TKL support.

No mockup yet because the engineer who does them is out of the office for the rest of the week. Thanks for your interest :)

Is there a place where I can get blank 1x electric blue caps (R4) for a winkeyless layout? Not too keen on the Windows logo...
Not that I am aware of sorry.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
I wonder if JTKeycaps could color match :rolleyes:

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
My reading comprehension is a bit off, so just wanted to check:

There will be arrow keys offered. The price is 47USD, including arrow keys?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body

yeah
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 02:28:00 by shower_king »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

yeah

Arrow keys ARE included, billnye said so just a few posts above yours ("Full TKL Support").
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Paranoid

That's great news!
I don't remember the original price. Does it increase by a lot? I'm fine either way, just checking that there is no need to re-confirm any orders.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
That's great news!
I don't remember the original price. Does it increase by a lot? I'm fine either way, just checking that there is no need to re-confirm any orders.
Original price was $42 I believe.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Just got a revised quote from GMK. New price will be $47 and will include full TKL support.

No mockup yet because the engineer who does them is out of the office for the rest of the week. Thanks for your interest :)

Wow the news just keeps getting better and better.   :thumb:
Bill can you please check to make sure I'm part of the buy. I would hate that I didn't fill in the form properly or something and miss out on this awesome deal  :))

Edit: Wow I feel stupid, I didn't see the list on the OP
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2015, 07:48:27 by MAR82 »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
By the way...

I have a blue enter from EK and use it with Originative Olivetti, and it fits perfectly
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline mz/x

It's maybe a dumb question (apologies) but what is the last day one can join to the GB?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
It's maybe a dumb question (apologies) but what is the last day one can join to the GB?

OP says May 10.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline billnye

• ability man

OP says May 10.
Correct answer confirmed

Sorry for my inactivity this week, busy with school stuff.

Offline ttzhou

yeah

Arrow keys ARE included, billnye said so just a few posts above yours ("Full TKL Support").

I figured this, but the picture in OP doesn't include them, so wanted to double check.

Thank you for answering my question ^_^

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

yeah

I figured this, but the picture in OP doesn't include them, so wanted to double check.

Thank you for answering my question ^_^

The OP's render is not updated with the last changes that include TKL support.

Offline ttzhou

The OP's render is not updated with the last changes that include TKL support.

I realize this, which is why I always like to double check. Again, thanks for confirming.  :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
If I want to add an extra to my order what should I do?

Offline billnye

• ability man
If I want to add an extra to my order what should I do?
send me a pm please :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
I'd just like to say a quick thank you to billnye for almost always being here and responding to queries very promptly ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline billnye

• ability man

I'd just like to say a quick thank you to billnye for almost always being here and responding to queries very promptly ;D
You're welcome, just doing my job :p

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

yeah

Glad I just saw this. I was just about to order the arrow caps from EK.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan

yeah

Glad I just saw this. I was just about to order the arrow caps from EK.
I know I thought this (included arrows) was pretty awesome thanks again Bill :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline renne

in.

Offline ttzhou

in for escape pack, will fill in the extra 4 keys on my 108'er just fine  :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
For all international people, please put your address in English. :thumb:

USPS website only allows characters that are in the English alphabet, so I can't do much with an address that is Chinese characters :))

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
For all international people, please put your address in English. :thumb:

USPS website only allows characters that are in the English alphabet, so I can't do much with an address that is Chinese characters :))

:thumb:

Offline jonathanyu

Ordered.  Good situation. 

Offline lolpes

Man my wallet is crying everyday telling me not to buy this, but it's getting really dificult to pay atention to it everytime i look at the renders!   :p

Offline Giorgio

The only thing that kept me from ordering it, was that starting now I will start to count the days until the delivery. But that is nothing, compared to the pain of those who could have ordered, but didn't.
Enjoy your sorrow :-P

Situation, good.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Man my wallet is crying everyday telling me not to buy this, but it's getting really dificult to pay atention to it everytime i look at the renders!   :p

If you buy it, you will have a very nice set.

If, later on, you have a keycap set that is crying out for blue modifiers - you have some.

Plus if you really need to sell it, it's pretty certain that you will get your money back on the set.

If you don't buy it, you will probably end up looking through classifieds, hoping someone will list a set for sale.

I have the original GMK purple modifiers - they spend most of their life sitting in a box, but they are there if I need them.

Offline lolpes

Im still trying to figure out my overall build :) what would be a good set of caps to go with this?