Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 468076 times)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Im still trying to figure out my overall build :) what would be a good set of caps to go with this?
Looks good with Triumph Adler, Olivetti, Classic. There are some mockups linked in the OP.

Offline Giorgio

You can see some renderings on the first page: classic beige, Olivetti etc
The renderings are old, now there are more keys: f5-f8 and the arrows :-)

Im still trying to figure out my overall build :) what would be a good set of caps to go with this?

Offline lolpes

They do look great, but they i don't have any pf those, and they are a little too expensive for me :/ may end up getting some vortex pbt+pom and blue leds to go with this :) I have a home made acrylic case for the board, so maybe it looks good ;)

Offline Giorgio

Vortex pbt in cherry profile is regularly available on massdrop. I ordered these blue modifiers too, now I'm waiting for the massdrop :-)

They do look great, but they i don't have any pf those, and they are a little too expensive for me :/ may end up getting some vortex pbt+pom and blue leds to go with this :) I have a home made acrylic case for the board, so maybe it looks good ;)

Offline lolpes

Vortex pbt in cherry profile is regularly available on massdrop. I ordered these blue modifiers too, now I'm waiting for the massdrop :-)

Hum you tempting me :p

Offline echo0

Order submitted.  Thanks...

Offline NorrisB

billynye that avatar is very fitting, you had this group buy organized as well German army

Offline billnye

• ability man
billynye that avatar is very fitting, you had this group buy organized as well German army
Thank you sir :))

Current order count:

Mod pack: 482
Escape pack: 626

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Awesome, and with no need for a third party to be in the middle.

Offline NorrisB

Current order count:

You should have picked a less main stream general though like von Manstein or Guderian.

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 April 2015, 19:20:26 by NorrisB »

Offline billnye

• ability man

Current order count:

You should have picked a less main stream general though like von Manstein or Guderian.
I have been a big fan of Rommel ever since I read the Rommel Papers last year.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 04:51:08 by billnye »

Offline wakko

Order placed, if it's still open. Thanks.
NOOB
KUL ES-87

Offline billnye

• ability man
Order placed, if it's still open. Thanks.
Orders are open until May 10th :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
New mockup received :thumb:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Show Image

Looks awesome man, nice work.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Giorgio

In the first page... Has the esc set disappeared?

Also, people should note that there is no blue esc in the base set... So get the esc pack!

Offline lolpes

Finally gave in and ordered :D

Offline billnye

• ability man
In the first page... Has the esc set disappeared?

Also, people should note that there is no blue esc in the base set... So get the esc pack!
Thanks for noticing that, I messed up the image tag :))

Finally gave in and ordered :D
I'm glad you jumped in!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
That stepped control key...

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Show Image

looking sexy as hell Bill!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Show Image

Looks awesome, billnye! Cant wait!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
pm'd a question about international shipping.

i can feel my resolve cracking.

Offline billnye

• ability man

Responded :thumb:

Offline ttzhou

Responded :thumb:

Replied to your respond, resolve cracked.  :thumb:

Offline blighty

I have been a big fan of Rommel ever since I read the Rommel Papers last year. The only thing that I don't like about him is that he betrayed his F�hrer, but other than that he was certainly one of the best commanders in the Second World War.
What? You some sort of Neo-Nazi?

LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline billnye

• ability man
I have been a big fan of Rommel ever since I read the Rommel Papers last year. The only thing that I don't like about him is that he betrayed his F�hrer, but other than that he was certainly one of the best commanders in the Second World War.
Nope, just a fan of military history. :)

Offline ttzhou

Actually Rommel was rumoured to be part of the plot to kill Hitler, as well as refusing to actively kill Jewish soldiers and civilians. He was also a tactical genius, so while I can't say he was a stand up guy, he is definitely worth a bit of respect.

Offline blighty

Ha, don't like that Rommel developed a conscience?  (insert 'at least he kept the trains on time' jokes here...)
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline billnye

• ability man

Ha, don't like that Rommel developed a conscience?  (insert 'at least he kept the trains on time' jokes here...)
If you'd like to continue this discussion, feel free to shoot me a pm :thumb:

Offline pasph

Can you please cancel my order?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline billnye

• ability man
Sure thing sir.

By the way, 1337 post :D

Offline Giorgio

Available in blue or white, should I order it?

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2015, 16:58:39 by gianni »

Offline billnye

• ability man
Available in blue or white, should I order it?

Show Image

The GMK blue is a little more vibrant that looks. I think the white would work better :)

Offline renne

Could you check if I order or not?

Offline billnye

• ability man
I have you down for 1 set of the blue mods :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Noob question:  these are cherry profile right?

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Yes

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Yes

Thanks, now I have to order this :)

Offline renne

I have you down for 1 set of the blue mods :)
thanks! :-*

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Yes

When ever you see these Golden words GMK it will always be 100%, no bullsh1t, no fantasizing, absolute authentically REAL, Cherry Profiled key-caps   :thumb: .

If you have never purchased them before, then prepared to have your mind blown out of your skull when they arrive at your front door  :o .  Their quality is beyond any other key-cap that is made anywhere on Earth plus you will always get that famous all German Made Quality in manufacturing.

When you install them into your (lucky) chosen keyboard watch it be elevated into the stratosphere of PERFECTION especially when you start typing with them, the experience is like nothing else.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Yes

When ever you see these Golden words GMK it will always be 100%, no bullsh1t, no fantasizing, absolute authentically REAL, Cherry Profiled key-caps   :thumb: .

If you have never purchased them before, then prepared to have your mind blown out of your skull when they arrive at your front door  :o .  Their quality is beyond any other key-cap that is made anywhere on Earth plus you will always get that famous all German Made Quality in manufacturing.

When you install them into your (lucky) chosen keyboard watch it be elevated into the stratosphere of PERFECTION especially when you start typing with them, the experience is like nothing else.

I'm now going to start saying that GMK stands for "German Made Kwality"  :))

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Yes

I'm now going to start saying that GMK stands for "German Made Kwality"  :))

I like this haha. Really made me smile!  :thumb:
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr

Current order count:

I have been a big fan of Rommel ever since I read the Rommel Papers last year. The only thing that I don't like about him is that he betrayed his Führer, but other than that he was certainly one of the best commanders in the Second World War.

OMG.
... ...

Offline billnye

• ability man

Yes

Haha elrick your posts always get me excited about gmk like I'm hearing about their caps the first time!

Offline NorrisB

any updates on the f5-8 keys?

Offline billnye

• ability man
any updates on the f5-8 keys?
What about them sir?

Offline Ouro

• Laughable

Months later:

[WTB] GMK Blue Mod Set

Offline pasph

Months later:

[WTB] GMK Blue Mod Set
No, i'm not that kind
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Yes

Ummm..  I now feel obliged to order two sets,  and every other GMK GB that comes up.  Thank goodness I got in on the hyperfuse one too.

Thanks for articulating their God like feels.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Ummm..  I now feel obliged to order two sets,  and every other GMK GB that comes up.  Thank goodness I got in on the hyperfuse one too.

Thanks for articulating their God like feels.

Every current keyboard sold in the world has el-cheapo quality rubbish, masquerading as key-caps, on every CherryMX switched keyboard.

When you replace all the original keys with GMK sets, the keyboard suddenly changes into something approaching an orgasmic high.  You can't stop yourself from typing ever again, plus your typing speed goes up because authentic GMK, Cherry Profiled Key-caps are designed specifically for fast typers.

Who knows you could break your own WPM speed and place yourself amongst the elite few who can type as fast as an auctioneer could shout.