Author Topic: Thank You, Geekhack || [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack  (Read 468076 times)

Offline GeeNDL82

Re: [GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack- (Sorting/Shipping)
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:32:42 »
Hehe, because i am not imagine why i did not join this GB >.< (I checked 2 times)

bILLNYE: i am not remember to join this GB or not >.< Please help me to check in order list.

So bore if i missed this GB >.<

You can always check your Paypal record.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 19:36:21 »
Spicy

Show Image

What's with all the Taylor Swift GIFs on GH?

ideus is desperate
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 21:29:21 »

Offline Thumper_

• Spend all my money.
« Reply #1103 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 01:42:58 »
Due to some spicy PM's, I have decided to change how the extra key will be handled.

Originally I was including the extra key with every escape set. Now the extra key will be included with every mod pack order. This means if you ordered an escape pack and no mod set, you will not receive the extra key. If you ordered a mod set and no escape pack, you will receive the extra escape key. I'm doing this because it is the most fair to all who ordered in the group buy.

I'm still on track to start sorting again next week once Maddie is back. I'm hoping to get a large amount of the US orders out before Christmas.

I hope everyone has been having a nice week :).

You should get the EU orders out first. /spicy-quote

Offline shawn o

« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:39:43 »
Anyone want to give up their modifier set? Was going to order from Kappa but they want $12 shipping to MN.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 03:25:56 »
Interested in 1,25 unit shift and ISO enter key if any of you Americans want to give it up.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1106 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 06:30:56 »
Interested in 1,25 unit shift and ISO enter key if any of you Americans want to give it up.

I'm no 'murican but I can give you that, but what can I get back :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1107 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 06:53:49 »
Any updates?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1108 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 06:57:56 »
Any updates?
I'm planning on resuming sorting next week when I'm off school. I will not be shipping any orders before Christmas because USPS is really busy right now which means slower delivery times and more frequent loss of packages.

I will get all sorting done over Christmas break and then work on shipping starting in early January.

I'll make sure to take some pics of the sorting process and the finished sets! Expect another update around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week :).

Offline Thumper_

• Spend all my money.
« Reply #1109 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 06:58:46 »

Any updates?
I'm planning on resuming sorting next week when I'm off school. I will not be shipping any orders before Christmas because USPS is really busy right now which means slower delivery times and more frequent loss of packages.

I will get all sorting done over Christmas break and then work on shipping starting in early January.

I'll make sure to take some pics of the sorting process and the finished sets! Expect another update around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week :).

Perfect. Do you think they will all go out until mid January?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1110 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:02:21 »
Any updates?

I'll make sure to take some pics of the sorting process and the finished sets! Expect another update around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week :) .

This is going to be on my to do list for 2016 then. Happy holidays for Bill and his helpers.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1111 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:05:51 »
Perfect. Do you think they will all go out until mid January?
One of the things I wasn't happy with about CMYW  was how long it took me to ship all of the orders after I had everything sorted. To improve upon this, I have come up with a plan of how I will get everything shipped this time around.

In my town, USPS can now pick up packages from my front porch. My plan is to have at a minimum 10 packages per day waiting for the mail lady that she can pick up. This will save me from having to drive to the post office every day (~10 minute drive.) I already have all the necessary boxes and bubble mailers on hand, so there won't be any delays on waiting for shipping supplies. Finally, I have already imported the addresses of all the participants into my USPS address book, which will make creating the shipping labels much faster.

US orders are still going out first, followed by the rest of the world. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :).

This is going to be on my to do list for 2016 then. Happy holidays for Bill and his helpers.
Thank ideus! I hope you have a great holiday season as well.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:07:55 by billnye »

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1112 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:20:02 »
This is something that i always have a bit of trouble getting around, why ship the US orders first if the EU orders take way more time? shipping EU orders first and then US assures that they will be received roughly at the same time. Sorry I think I am not the first one to say it, but I would also like to know the reasoning? is it easier to ship us orders first? Not angry or anything, i am fine with waiting time for my order but it is a question i have had for some time now :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1113 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:25:10 »
This is something that i always have a bit of trouble getting around, why ship the US orders first if the EU orders take way more time? shipping EU orders first and then US assures that they will be received roughly at the same time. Sorry I think I am not the first one to say it, but I would also like to know the reasoning? is it easier to ship us orders first? Not angry or anything, i am fine with waiting time for my order but it is a question i have had for some time now :p

Maybe because there are more US than EU orders to start with?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:26:54 »
Because I am a patriot.

Also because I hate filling out customs forms with a burning passion :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 July 2016, 08:46:05 by billnye »

Offline Thumper_

• Spend all my money.
« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:28:10 »

Because I am a god damn patriot.

Do it first and you are finished with it

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:34:24 »

I'd guess that there's also more paper work to do for us internationalers

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1117 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:52:30 »
Even still those nasty forms will all have to be filled anyway eventually xD

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1118 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 07:55:05 »
Even still those nasty forms will all have to be filled anyway eventually xD

that's a problem for future billnye  :))

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:04:28 »

I don't think international packages can just be picked up from the porch either. They need to be brought to the post office and inspected by the clerk.

And yes, the customs form is extremely annoying. Not due to filling it out but due to the quality of paper used. Lately I've had to re-write the entire form twice since ink won't go through all the way.  >:(
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:05:59 by jerue »

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1120 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:13:44 »
Postponing the paperwork does not get it done. When you know you'll have to do it, why end with an uphill struggle when you could have an easy sprint?  :D

Not being negative or anything, just my $0.02

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1121 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:29:36 »
Postponing the paperwork does not get it done. When you know you'll have to do it, why end with an uphill struggle when you could have an easy sprint?  :D

Not being negative or anything, just my $0.02

I'm sure all of us outside the US would be singing a different tune if we were in the US haha

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 08:43:43 »
People in the US will recieve it within 2 or 3 days, EU orders take 2 to 3 weeks, so really not much loss for US folks, just getting everything to everyone at the same time or as close as possible :)

But again it is a sellers choice to ship first whatever he wants, but as bill already changed his mind once about the bulk orders (shipped first to allow time for kapakapps to sort and ship when they where initially said to be shipped last) so the delays between vendor and GB orders would not be so big, this question was made with the same purpose :)

Offline Dee1

« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:21:17 »
Sending out international packages takes a long time, especially if you have a lot of it. Meanwhile, you have perfectly good packages that you can send out domestically and get them out of your hair right then and there so you don't have them cluttering up your house anymore. The bulk orders, in my opinion, are a different scenario from these individual international ones. A small number of bulk orders would be easier to set aside time for and get done then something like 100 individual overseas ones, each of which the post office makes you do their whole routine for.

That's my 2¢ on the matter.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 10:48:03 »

Wait you actually took part of a GB?
Nice to see you changing your attitude from begging for extras

Also:

Lastly, remember the golden rule:

My thread, my rules

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1125 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:04:28 »
I took part on this group buy on its initial stages, shortly after i joined GH, so...guess my attitude was already there.

I am aware the seller has it's own rules, but I am also aware this is a discussion thread, I did not in any moment force my opinion to the OP, just stated my arguments. It was merely a sugestion.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1126 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:10:17 »
You can always share your opinion and others can always give you feedback, that is how it works.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1127 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:10:37 »
This is something that i always have a bit of trouble getting around, why ship the US orders first if the EU orders take way more time? shipping EU orders first and then US assures that they will be received roughly at the same time. Sorry I think I am not the first one to say it, but I would also like to know the reasoning? is it easier to ship us orders first? Not angry or anything, i am fine with waiting time for my order but it is a question i have had for some time now

I don't think international packages can just be picked up from the porch either. They need to be brought to the post office and inspected by the clerk.

And yes, the customs form is extremely annoying. Not due to filling it out but due to the quality of paper used. Lately I've had to re-write the entire form twice since ink won't go through all the way.  >:(
You can use click-n-ship to fill out customs paperwork online, just like conus labels.

You can also have the mail person pick them up.

USPS has really streamlined their shipping process, using online services. Apart from sourcing boxes, the only difference is the extra minutes it takes to fill out the customs info online.

But, billnyes thread, billnyes rules.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1128 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:33:49 »

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1129 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:37:47 »
^ this is good feedback :D

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #1130 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:49:27 »
I am looking for a full set (Modifier + esc pack).

any place for my order?
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1131 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:51:50 »

any place for my order?

The buy is closed already.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #1132 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 11:54:40 »

any place for my order?

See if there are any more available here

http://www.kappakapps.com/

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:25:06 »
So either my memory is shot or I cant find it but whatever happened with the 100 people or so that were supposed to get a shot at a BBv2 as part of this?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:46:56 »
So either my memory is shot or I cant find it but whatever happened with the 100 people or so that were supposed to get a shot at a BBv2 as part of this?
Bill never mentioned anything other than the winners would have them shipped with their order.

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:47:02 »

8 orders going out tommorrow. The lucky winners are:

nubbinator
heedpantsnow
sed8
ridilz
slickmamba
dakuzo
cjhard
lastpilot

More should go out later this week.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:48:01 »

nubbinator
heedpantsnow
sed8
ridilz
slickmamba
dakuzo
cjhard
lastpilot

I assumed that meant the people whose orders were being mailed.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
[GB] GMK Electric Bluegaloo Mod Set, Escape Pack- (Sorting/Shipping)
« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:48:27 »

nubbinator
heedpantsnow
sed8
ridilz
slickmamba
dakuzo
cjhard
lastpilot

I wasn't sure whether he was saying the "winners" were people's whose orders got shipped or people who won the v2 raffle.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Dee1

« Reply #1138 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:58:16 »
I believe this was his last mention of them (I could be wrong):

As for the bros, I know who the winners are. Bro is going to be shipping them the bros himself. They aren't quite ready yet, but should be soon. I'll update everyone as I get more information.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1139 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 13:17:30 »
Quick response, regular updates and a credible plan for the foreseeable future - THIS is how to run a GB!

Have a great festive season, billnye :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1140 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:20:02 »
Did the Kappa Kapps orders go out? :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1141 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:35:43 »

nubbinator
heedpantsnow
sed8
ridilz
slickmamba
dakuzo
cjhard
lastpilot

I wasn't sure whether he was saying the "winners" were people's whose orders got shipped or people who won the v2 raffle.

Yeah,  I don't think that's happened yet.  If someone was notified that they were a winner they would have posted something.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1142 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:55:49 »
Bro is still working on the caps. The winners have already been selected and will receive the cap straight from bro. I've seen a sneak peek of the design, and it's really nice. I am pretty sure a bot this style has never been done before.

Quick response, regular updates and a credible plan for the foreseeable future - THIS is how to run a GB!

Have a great festive season, billnye :)
Thanks rowdy! I hope you have some good time with the family.

Show Image

Favorite gif of all time no doubt.

Did the Kappa Kapps orders go out? :D
I shipped the order to him, only to give him a head start on getting orders sorted. Andrew gave me his word that no orders from them will ship out until I have finished shipping all the orders from the group buy.

Also, it's never a problem for people to post their opinions or views. This thread will always be open for any discussion or questions :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1143 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 14:57:01 »

+1  i love me some billnye. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1144 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:05:38 »
I shipped the order to him, only to give him a head start on getting orders sorted. Andrew gave me his word that no orders from them will ship out until I have finished shipping all the orders from the group buy.

Oh, OK. :( it's a race to see if this or the RGBYK set from MD gets to me first in the race to be my first keys from GMK :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1145 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:14:29 »
You can use click-n-ship to fill out customs paperwork online, just like conus labels.

You can also have the mail person pick them up.

USPS has really streamlined their shipping process, using online services. Apart from sourcing boxes, the only difference is the extra minutes it takes to fill out the customs info online.

But, billnyes thread, billnyes rules.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I...have been doing everything wrong this whole time... :(

This is great news though. TIL and many thanks! :)

+1  i love me some billnye. :)

+2

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #1146 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:55:07 »
Kappa kaps should be allowed to send out their orders, I don't understand this solidarity in the pain of the waiting :-)

Offline malaik0

« Reply #1147 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:06:18 »
Kappa kaps should be allowed to send out their orders, I don't understand this solidarity in the pain of the waiting :-)

+1

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1148 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:06:46 »

Everyone should wait?. I really do not see a reason for this.

I really don't mind if others get their sets first, as long as I get mine later. Just saying.

Offline malaik0

« Reply #1149 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 16:57:16 »
Us orders wait for international orders ? I'm joking ...I just don't understand this thing  :p but it's OK ;)

I think the people that are buying this keys from Kappakapps already are paying extra money for don't directly participate in this GB (people didn't participate for many reasons) ... It's like asking to others that already received the packet to not open until all guys of this GB had the order in home .  :D :D