Author Topic: [IC] SA SNES  (Read 183751 times)

Offline MdotMaxson

Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 07:52:36 »
Can you throw in 2 1.5u R2 keys to cover Ergos and boardwalk?

That's a tough one. If we were to look into an Ergo kit, what is the consensus on blanks versus legends?

I’m just saying all you need is 2 1.5u R2 keys and you will cover boardwalk. I’m contingent on that. I mean 2 keys is like 2$

Offline FZ

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 11:55:26 »
Haven't seen any mentions of this so maybe I'm the only one but bonus points from me if you can include two 1.25u Control keys in the set with Control not abbreviated - maybe add them to the modifier set in your original post that has the larger Control key.

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:31:21 »
Definitely interested in this. I'd like to see a function row available in the light/dark gray color scheme like the alphas and modifiers. That way we have a little more control with how we want to accent the boards this set is applied to. Other than that I love it.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:49:11 »
Definitely interested in this. I'd like to see a function row available in the light/dark gray color scheme like the alphas and modifiers. That way we have a little more control with how we want to accent the boards this set is applied to. Other than that I love it.

I agree. We are currently working on making this set more customizable.

Offline gminso

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 17:12:37 »
is there renders for the gamer pack? I feel like the bright colors will stand out too much. but I really want that gamer pack just for the darker alphas
Also will there be canadian vender? I see you are from Canada??? Let me not pay import tax this time plz  :)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 22:34:42 »
is there renders for the gamer pack? I feel like the bright colors will stand out too much. but I really want that gamer pack just for the darker alphas
Also will there be canadian vender? I see you are from Canada??? Let me not pay import tax this time plz  :)

I cannot comment on the Gamer pack colours just yet, since I have not seen any samples. Of course, if it looks odd, we will adjust. Expect some changes and announcements for this set, which may mix things up a little...

As far as the Canadian vendor goes, regardless of the origin, you still have to pay sales tax. For example, thru yakk.shop (considered a small supplier in Canada), buyers have to pay 5% GST. You save a considerable amount (provincial tax, duty and brokerage fees) versus buying international.

It's definitely worth it, even for international buyers, due to the smaller shipments from the manufacturer (which means less processing time).

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 19:35:57 »
Hey, here's a thought about the kits:
If you move the Tab key from the TKL mods to the alphas, and if you add another 2.25u shift key for 66-key layouts (clueboard style) to the specialty kit, then it wouldn't be necessary to buy the TKL kit to get the keys for an HHKB style layout since you could get everything you need from alphas + specialties + power.

This isn't really for me, full disclaimer. But how to make optimal kits is an interesting question for me lol

Offline LazyCaps

• LazyCaps
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 09:05:43 »
Any chance of seeing an ergodox kit for this set?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 13:06:05 »

There is a good chance.

Offline LazyCaps

• LazyCaps
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 14:46:10 »

There is a good chance.

Fantastic. I'm in for sure, then. Great work on this! Can't wait to see it come to fruition.

Offline Sleep0ke

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 19:47:37 »
any updates? really wanna get in on this. hopefully sculpted. crossing fingers

Offline maximize

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 07:40:38 »
Has anyone suggested matching the font of all legends to that of the Power pack?

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 10:57:46 »
Has anyone suggested matching the font of all legends to that of the Power pack?

Id like to see a render, although do love the chonk lettering in the current version.

But yeah, what's happening with this set? im really hyped about it.  Be great to have a January GB  :D

Offline equalunique

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 10:35:57 »
Colevark, Ortho, and YXBA kits got me excited. A few months ago, I thought this was going to be a very limited design. Now I see there is a lot of flexibility offered here.

There is a purple Dactyl kit I have and this could be keycap set it needs. The lack of 2u keys could be a problem for me, but I'm going to bet that PMK will have extra 2u keys available around this time.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 November 2019, 10:38:26 by equalunique »

Offline gminso

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 23:32:55 »
I am still waiting for this set. just wanted to mention that TKL maybe have too much purple if entire f row is purple. Maybe option for toned down like how 60% is?

Offline mode

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 04:25:22 »
Would be really sweet if the power pack had an ISO power return key, or some alternative novelty.

Offline Funkzilla

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 22:58:57 »
Icon mods and I'll give my Kidney and then some.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 23:14:38 »

I'm pretty sure SP doesn't do icon mods. At least not for ABS.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 00:52:02 »
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I feel like this would look hella nice on a RAMA Wilba Thermal.

edit:I fail. :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2019, 23:51:22 by d00deitsnik »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 17:47:49 »

SA abyss had custom icon mods.   Not aware of any standard symbols in ABS besides those though.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 17:49:40 »
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I feel like this would look hella nice on a RAMA Wilba Thermal.

Fix that for ya  :-*

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 23:50:44 »

Fix that for ya  :-*
oOo Thanks for the correction~

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 00:03:10 »

SA abyss had custom icon mods.   Not aware of any standard symbols in ABS besides those though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Abyss. Those are honestly terrible though, let's please not use those.

Offline darkfrost

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 06:37:41 »
Interested in this set :)

Pity it's not 112343/fully sculpted, and it's hard to work out which kits I'd need for a dactyl keyboard, seems I'd have to pick up a few of them - would be nice to see a dactyl/ergodox blanks kit

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
Re: [IC] MT3 SNES
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 22:12:14 »

It's been a while... sorry about that!

There are major changes coming to this set. I made the decision to switch profile from SA to MT3 (with the preliminary approval of Drop).

MT3 is a keycap profile created by Matt3o for Drop. Why the change?
  • Delivery of Susuwatari is imminent, and Drop is now able to produce MT3 doubleshot ABS keycaps.
  • SA/MT3 SNES requires doubleshot legends, due to its light-on-dark colour combinations.
  • Customizability plays a big part. Offering many child kits will be easier on a platform like Drop, which reaches a wider audience.
  • SA is a premium profile, indeed. With SP we were looking at very high MOQs. MT3 will be less expensive.
  • Mixed feedback about the Filco font. MT3 has centered legends and strikes the right balance of retro and modern.
  • Poll showed a preference for a sculpted profile.
  • Access to samples!

Genesis: I try to listen to everyone's opinions and suggestions. Feedback revolved around the legends and profile. MT3 was suggested by a few people on reddit and Drop. The idea grew on me once I realized that it solved of these issues. I played around with 3D models; the colours, shapes and font work really well together.

More (kits and renders) to come! What do you think?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 22:28:44 »
MT3 doesn't bother me. Just hope we can get a Colevrak+ kit now that it's not a uniform profile.
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 22:30:11 »
MT3 doesn't bother me. Just hope we can get a Colevrak+ kit now that it's not a uniform profile.

That is the plan.

Offline gminso

« Reply #227 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 22:31:39 »
i like mt3 too, not reason to pay extra for sa since both needs learning curve. just hope that there will be changes in the purple rows. I hope purple will be just an accent in esc or enter..

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 22:35:01 »
i like mt3 too, not reason to pay extra for sa since both needs learning curve. just hope that there will be changes in the purple rows. I hope purple will be just an accent in esc or enter..

Given MT3, I am looking at offering the coloured number and F-rows as kits, while including the purple accent Enter/Esc in the main TKL kit.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 23:57:50 »
Woah. Totally did not expect this, but am very happy abut the switch to mt3 ;D

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 01:35:41 »
Bummed to see the filco legends go. I do like me some mt3 though.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 01:54:07 »
I have 2 sets of MT3 (/dev/tty0 and the Elven kit) and I don't mind a third  :p

but... really... the wait for Susuwatari is tiring  :-X
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2019, 01:58:43 by Tom_Kazansky »

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 02:03:08 »
MT3? consider my interest checked.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 03:44:11 »
Show Image

It's been a while... sorry about that!

There are major changes coming to this set. I made the decision to switch profile from SA to MT3 (with the preliminary approval of Drop).

MT3 is a keycap profile created by Matt3o for Drop. Why the change?
  • Delivery of Susuwatari is imminent, and Drop is now able to produce MT3 doubleshot ABS keycaps.
  • SA/MT3 SNES requires doubleshot legends, due to its light-on-dark colour combinations.
  • Customizability plays a big part. Offering many child kits will be easier on a platform like Drop, which reaches a wider audience.
  • SA is a premium profile, indeed. With SP we were looking at very high MOQs. MT3 will be less expensive.
  • Mixed feedback about the Filco font. MT3 has centered legends and strikes the right balance of retro and modern.
  • Poll showed a preference for a sculpted profile.
  • Access to samples!

Genesis: I try to listen to everyone's opinions and suggestions. Feedback revolved around the legends and profile. MT3 was suggested by a few people on reddit and Drop. The idea grew on me once I realized that it solved of these issues. I played around with 3D models; the colours, shapes and font work really well together.

More (kits and renders) to come! What do you think?

Photekq also helped in the making of the keyset

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 03:52:24 »
So... ergo/ boardwalk support? I'm totally in for that. Also, would this GB be happening on Drop?

Offline ninjical

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 06:23:53 »
Seems like a great idea. MT3 is a unique profile that hasn't had a ton of sets run on it, so in addition to the people who just really like the theme of the set, you might also attract some people who are just interested in trying out the profile.

Offline radam

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 08:23:08 »
+1 for ergo. i'd prefer blank or non-specific legends (L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select, power, reset, etc.) for the 1.5 modifiers, if possible.

Offline iaman

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 08:51:28 »
This might be the first MT3 set with colors I actually dig, so I’m into this change!

Offline yui_

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 09:12:55 »
Not sure how to feel about MT3...
Trying out a new profile is always fun, but it was the Filco legends which really made this set for me.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 09:18:00 »
Interested in MT3! With Colevrak+!

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 09:31:19 »
Oooh I'm down for this in MT3

Offline brianisafk

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 11:31:51 »
Ooo Definitely interested in MT3. The grey mods with purple accents look great.
Are the novelties going to change?

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 11:34:35 »
Honestly I prefer SA to MT3 but I'm still down for this
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 13:34:24 »
rip sa i'm out

Offline equalunique

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 13:35:46 »
rip sa i'm out

I was hoping to put uniform R3 SA on a purple Dactylus. The keyboard is already sculpted, so forgoing a sculpted keycap profile was actually an advantage of the original SA SNES idea. Looks like I will have to continue searching for a purple uniform profile set... Bummer!

That is the plan.

The Colevrak thing still has me interested tho. It's easier to do with SA R3, but if you wanna give it a shot with doubleshot MT3, then I'm def in for that!

At this point I'll grab 2x Ortho Sets (if they're available), 1x Colevrak, and whatever's necessary for a WASD cluster. Wanting to make 2 ortho boards, one for gaming, and the other for typing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2019, 13:37:56 by equalunique »

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 03:03:08 »
Oh! this is really great! can't say i was hyped for a SA set but the switch to MT3 put this set pretty high on my want list. Good luck and hopefully we can get the GB runner soon!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 13:34:47 »
So... ergo/ boardwalk support? I'm totally in for that. Also, would this GB be happening on Drop?

Going for a blank Ergo kit (like Susuwatari). Would happen on Drop, since they own MT3.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 14:52:15 »

Going for a blank Ergo kit (like Susuwatari). Would happen on Drop, since they own MT3.

I'm in!

Offline psxndc

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:09:04 »

Sweet. FYI, since you're so graciously aiming to support Colevrak, can you make sure it's Colevrak+, which supports a lot of Colemak variants, Workman, etc? I ask because Drop sometimes only supports vanilla Colemak and Dvorak in their colevrak kits. An example of vanilla colevrak is their Domikey Crisis Colevrak kit. And example of the extended Colevrak kit would be in their GMK Pulse run.  In other words, Crisis only supports the white keys in Dvorcol's pic below, whereas ideal support (and what they did for GMK Pulse, absent a homing A) would include all the keys in the pic below.

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:16:58 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 16:09:05 »

Sweet. FYI, since you're so graciously aiming to support Colevrak, can you make sure it's Colevrak+, which supports a lot of Colemak variants, Workman, etc? I ask because Drop sometimes only supports vanilla Colemak and Dvorak in their colevrak kits. An example of vanilla colevrak is their Domikey Crisis Colevrak kit. And example of the extended Colevrak kit would be in their GMK Pulse run.  In other words, Crisis only supports the white keys in Dvorcol's pic below, whereas ideal support (and what they did for GMK Pulse, absent a homing A) would include all the keys in the pic below.

Oh, sure. The sculpted version of SA SNES went like this:

If we're missing a few keys, I don't think it will be a problem adding them.