Author Topic: [IC] GMK Hammerhead | July 6 - 31  (Read 172204 times)

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Probably way too late for this, but the accent arrows and WASD keys are really not necessary in a base kit and probably drive up price quite a bit. This is like the bad old days of GMK group buys and I don't think anyone misses that. Have you considered moving these into a separate kit?

Edit: This might have a hard time with MOQ at this price and size given how many kits are running right now. I'd be more inclined to buy if it were smaller and cheaper.

Edit 2: also accent spacebars in base kit with alpha color spacebars in the separate kit .... no. I love this colorway but I'm not paying $300+ to get a sane, normal, standard kit that includes a ton of caps I don't need. This didn't work for DMG and it shouldn't work here almost on principle.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 May 2019, 10:56:13 by tex_live_utility »
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline KevlarBear

Agree
Probably way too late for this, but the accent arrows and WASD keys are really not necessary in a base kit and probably drive up price quite a bit. This is like the bad old days of GMK group buys and I don't think anyone misses that. Have you considered moving these into a separate kit?

Edit: This might have a hard time with MOQ at this price and size given how many kits are running right now. I'd be more inclined to buy if it were smaller and cheaper.

Edit 2: also accent spacebars in base kit with alpha color spacebars in the separate kit .... no. I love this colorway but I'm not paying $300+ to get a sane, normal, standard kit that includes a ton of caps I don't need. This didn't work for DMG and it shouldn't work here almost on principle.

I agree with this, I feel like there is too much cross contamination of kits going on. How about simplifying things to something like this?
Core

Added
2378 Enter (New key)
2378 Numpad + (New key)
2378 Numpad Enter (New key)
536 6.25u Spacebar (From Space)
536 7u Spacebar (From Space)
2378 R1 Esc (From Novelties)

Removed
533 R2 Minus (To Alpha)
533 R3 Plus (To Alpha)
533 Numpad + (To Alpha)
533 Numpad Enter (To Alpha)
533 Enter (To Alpha)
533 Arrow Cluster (To Alpha)
533 Esc (To Alpha)
533 WASD (Already in Alpha)
533 6.25u Spacebar (To Alpha)
533 7u Spacebar (To Alpha)
533 6u off-centered spacebar (To Space)
ISO (To Euro)

Novelties

Added
-
Removed
2378 R1 Esc (To Core)

Alphas

Added
533 R1 Esc (From Core)
533 Numpad + (From Core)
533 Numpad Enter (From Core)
533 Arrow cluster (From Core)
533 Enter (From Core)
533 6.25u Spacebar (From Core)
533 7u Spacebar (From Core)

Removed
-

Euro

Added
ISO (From Core)

Removed
-

Space

Added
533 6u off-center spacebar (From Core)

Removed
536 6.25u spacebar (To Core)
536 7u spacebar (To Core)

Offline upas

Agree
I agree with tex and Kevlarbear.

As it stands, I probably wouldn't buy this kit.

With KevlarBear's kits, I'd probably join.

Offline Starston3

I wan to express the similar opinions as thee ones above.

it seems like a needless huge base kit and drives up cost. Especially now that we are seeing sets priced at the $125-135 at the MOQ of 500.

Another odd choice I see is that this is being self run instead of going with an established vendor, at least in the US. This might dissuade people from joining as they might not be familiar with KeyLabs.

Offline /wolfy

oh
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 06:46:04 »
I fell in love with this set.
And there are some questions and wishes.

I want to send some of the ROW1 keys out of the novelty to ROW2 for Nautilus of the League of Legends. (QWER)
For the 65 array, one or two ROW3 1u novelty are also required.

And what is the key that looks like the buttocks of that monkey?

:D
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2019, 06:50:03 by /wolfy »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Re: oh
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 19:25:46 »
And what is the key that looks like the buttocks of that monkey?

:)) I think it's a shark jaw: https://boneclones.com/images/store-product/product-1820-main-main-big-1416437759.jpg
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
Agree

I agree with this, I feel like there is too much cross contamination of kits going on. How about simplifying things to something like this?
Core
Show Image

Added
2378 Enter (New key)
2378 Numpad + (New key)

Removed
533 R2 Minus (To Alpha)
533 R3 Plus (To Alpha)
533 Numpad + (To Alpha)
533 Enter (To Alpha)
533 Esc (To Alpha)
ISO (To Euro)

Novelties
Show Image

Added
-
Removed
2378 R1 Esc (To Core)

Alphas
Show Image

Added
533 R1 Esc (From Core)
533 Numpad + (From Core)
533 Enter (From Core)

Removed
-

Euro
Show Image

Added
ISO (From Core)

Removed
-

Space
Show Image

Added

Removed

These are absolutely valid concerns to be sure, and I’ll be taking a look at what I can do over the next two weeks or so to bring  down the costs a little. It looks right now that the set will debut right around $150 for the core and hopefully a little less in the US at 250 units and then going down at 500, 1000 etc. ideally if the set reaches 500 the price point should be right around 140 or a little less for the US.

What I can say for sure right now, is that I’m working to offer a complete alternative core set featuring the alternative alphas. This way, those interested in just the alt alphas have the option of picking up a set featuring those for a lot less than is currently possible. I’ll see what else I can finagle with the pricing.

Thanks for the work putting together those kit suggestions, I’ll look at them a little more closely when I have a minute (currently traveling the next few days) I just wanted to mention that I’m taking the feedback in stride.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [IC] GMK Hammerhead | NEW DEEP WATER KIT- GB June 4th
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 12:22:27 »
Others have more experience watching this community than I do. That said, I worry splitting to two high price base kits when you're going to overlap with GMK Oblivion round 2 (with leaner kits and price drops) is how MOQ isn't reached on either. I hope I'm wrong, I like this set.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 15:47:03 »
Others have more experience watching this community than I do. That said, I worry splitting to two high price base kits when you're going to overlap with GMK Oblivion round 2 (with leaner kits and price drops) is how MOQ isn't reached on either. I hope I'm wrong, I like this set.

And now it appears that GMK Olive will also be in June.

I have to agree with IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES above. You may just be splitting your audience, and thus your numbers. Just one base kit streamlines everyone into 1 kit, which will allow for a much easier time hitting MOQ. Perhaps offer the alternative alpha set during RD2 of GMK Hammerhead?

Lastly, I know it's nice to cater to the Euro folks, but what's the reasoning for not offering the minimum ISO compat in the base kit? Even the big name Europeans like Oblotzky and Zambumon don't have their separate ISO kits reach MOQ. When that kit doesn't make MOQ, you'll likely lose those folks from your base kit too. Trying to provide some constructive feedback; that is all. Good luck  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2019, 16:06:45 by nasp »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 18:00:25 »
Yes.
So happy to hear the GB date.
Love it.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 02:58:11 »

I have to agree with IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES above. You may just be splitting your audience, and thus your numbers. Just one base kit streamlines everyone into 1 kit, which will allow for a much easier time hitting MOQ. Perhaps offer the alternative alpha set during RD2 of GMK Hammerhead?

Lastly, I know it's nice to cater to the Euro folks, but what's the reasoning for not offering the minimum ISO compat in the base kit? Even the big name Europeans like Oblotzky and Zambumon don't have their separate ISO kits reach MOQ. When that kit doesn't make MOQ, you'll likely lose those folks from your base kit too. Trying to provide some constructive feedback; that is all. Good luck  :thumb:

So I had actually thought quite a bit about the additional MOQ while working on the separate Deep Water base kit. The only reason I chose this route is that it has no additional MOQ requirement and acts as a child kit when replacing the alt alphas. Since the mods are identical to the main, the MOQ is 100 for the kit. So ideally this secondary kit will better provide to the audience that wants to exclusively rock the alt alphas while offereing them a lower price by quite a lot without raising MOQ requirements.

I appreciate the feedback for sure, it’s difficult to make the decision what to add into the kit however, at this point projections are looking good across the board as far as reaching MOQ on the ISO kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 May 2019, 03:01:34 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline Nivengoh

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 11:58:51 »
Just saw the new update Deep Water kit, this is a very nice touch as suggested by others. IMO i actually like this a lot more over the original design, especially seeing how the official GMK renders turn out.
Would definitely love to get the Deep Water kit + Novelties, ideally would be nice to have it price around 40 if possible as most are around that price point such as GMK Laser.
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 12:28:43 »
Just saw the new update Deep Water kit, this is a very nice touch as suggested by others. IMO i actually like this a lot more over the original design, especially seeing how the official GMK renders turn out.
Would definitely love to get the Deep Water kit + Novelties, ideally would be nice to have it price around 40 if possible as most are around that price point such as GMK Laser.

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it, just to give you a little bit of an idea, the novelty kit will be priced a little higher than those kits due to the fact that the kit is large and includes quite a bit of caps requiring custom molds

Offline PiotrMKG

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 12:36:23 »
I’m 100% on Deepwater+Novelties

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 13:07:46 »

So I had actually thought quite a bit about the additional MOQ while working on the separate Deep Water base kit. The only reason I chose this route is that it has no additional MOQ requirement and acts as a child kit when replacing the alt alphas. Since the mods are identical to the main, the MOQ is 100 for the kit. So ideally this secondary kit will better provide to the audience that wants to exclusively rock the alt alphas while offereing them a lower price by quite a lot without raising MOQ requirements.

I appreciate the feedback for sure, it’s difficult to make the decision what to add into the kit however, at this point projections are looking good across the board as far as reaching MOQ on the ISO kit.

Glad to hear that MOQ is only 100 for the Deepwater base kit. Hope you have much success. It is one of the more beautiful sets for sure.

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 13:37:25 »
Sounds like you've thought it through. That's an interesting strategy with the second base kit.  I wonder if SkIIdata would have gotten the orange mods set through with an increased base price but only MOQ of 100. I'd have paid 170 for that kit (and did pay for base and bars) but couldn't quite justify the 250$ for base plus orange mods.

Hammerhead is one of my favorite novelties sets of all time, I'm ready to help.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Agree

Core
Show Image

Added
2378 Enter (New key)
2378 Numpad + (New key)

Removed
533 R2 Minus (To Alpha)
533 R3 Plus (To Alpha)
533 Numpad + (To Alpha)
533 Enter (To Alpha)
533 Esc (To Alpha)
ISO (To Euro)

Novelties
Show Image

Added
-
Removed
2378 R1 Esc (To Core)

Alphas
Show Image

Added
533 R1 Esc (From Core)
533 Numpad + (From Core)
533 Enter (From Core)

Removed
-

Euro
Show Image

Added
ISO (From Core)

Removed
-

Space
Show Image

Added

Removed

These are absolutely valid concerns to be sure, and I’ll be taking a look at what I can do over the next two weeks or so to bring  down the costs a little. It looks right now that the set will debut right around $150 for the core and hopefully a little less in the US at 250 units and then going down at 500, 1000 etc. ideally if the set reaches 500 the price point should be right around 140 or a little less for the US.

What I can say for sure right now, is that I’m working to offer a complete alternative core set featuring the alternative alphas. This way, those interested in just the alt alphas have the option of picking up a set featuring those for a lot less than is currently possible. I’ll see what else I can finagle with the pricing.

Thanks for the work putting together those kit suggestions, I’ll look at them a little more closely when I have a minute (currently traveling the next few days) I just wanted to mention that I’m taking the feedback in stride.

I second these kit recommendations. You will be competing with two very hype sets, one of which has a lot of kits and will be sucking a lot from peoples wallets. It's worth getting it right so that at least the base kit makes MOQ.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 02:04:41 »
I was interested in the Deep Water kit, but since i am a ISO user, splitting the ISO kit means you also have to provide a Deep Water ISO kit... Having the ISO provided in the base kit (like most other GMK group buys such as Mizu) did make a lot of sense.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 02:30:43 »
Deep water edition, oh hell yeah! Might have to grab this after all :D

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 04:15:11 »
I was interested in the Deep Water kit, but since i am a ISO user, splitting the ISO kit means you also have to provide a Deep Water ISO kit... Having the ISO provided in the base kit (like most other GMK group buys such as Mizu) did make a lot of sense.

Unless I’m mistaken, the Deep Water kit does include ISO by default. The enter is in the medium blue mod color rather than the alpha.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 05:58:44 »
Deep Water looks amazing! Still going to be a tough decision between the two though. Maybe both...

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 06:06:16 »

Unless I’m mistaken, the Deep Water kit does include ISO by default. The enter is in the medium blue mod color rather than the alpha.

Both kits in the OP include ISO-UK keys.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 10:28:21 »
Oh right my bad i misread the recent posts as a new version of the kit. I'm definitely in for that kit then !

Offline MX

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 10:28:57 »
I was actually hoping I'd be able to get the standard kit and one of the alternate alpha kits so I can switch between them if need be. Might just end up grabbing one of each core set then...

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 11:25:21 »
As someone who fell in love with the Deep Water kit, I just want to say thank you for your considerations!  :thumb:
I REALLY loathe the notion that I'd have to buy 2 kits only to throw away all the Core alpha keys just so that I can have a complete Deep Water kit (and I don't think anyone on r/mechmarket will buy just those Core alphas from me either).

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 13:30:15 »
As someone who fell in love with the Deep Water kit, I just want to say thank you for your considerations!  :thumb:
I REALLY loathe the notion that I'd have to buy 2 kits only to throw away all the Core alpha keys just so that I can have a complete Deep Water kit (and I don't think anyone on r/mechmarket will buy just those Core alphas from me either).

I can absolutely see where you're coming from. And although I personally love the OG core, I could tell that a lot of people were in the same boat. Which is totally fine, each version caters to a slightly different flavor profile but still holds strong to the theme. The fact that GMK gave us 100 MOQ on the set is what I'm excited about.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:30:23 »

You'd be surprised. It will take a while and you might have to mark it down, but someone will probably buy it eventually.

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 18:33:47 »
As someone who likes mixing up alphas, I'd certainly consider. (I'm almost certain I'll sell the GMK striker alphas a few months from now)

Offline chakkii

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 21:56:43 »
I was hoping for this kinda kit. Love the deep water kit but since I’m an ISO DE user and already asked if there is a possibility to get the alternative colors as an EURO kit. Anyway to also provide an EURO kit in those colors or just swap it? That would be amazing :) I’m totally in for the Deep water kit + novelties + EURO kit in alternative Alpha color :P

Offline Solotov

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 05:05:01 »
Interesting color.

If you make Deepwater kit monotone, that would be an instant yes for me..
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 05:10:06 by Solotov »
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline norb

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 11:34:32 »
deepwater all the way  :thumb:
happy to see there's a complete deepwater kit with iso support, i'm totally in now. looking forward to the deskmat designs!

Offline cjt9000

• Beige Man
Agree

Core
Show Image

Added
2378 Enter (New key)
2378 Numpad + (New key)

Removed
533 R2 Minus (To Alpha)
533 R3 Plus (To Alpha)
533 Numpad + (To Alpha)
533 Enter (To Alpha)
533 Esc (To Alpha)
ISO (To Euro)

Novelties
Show Image

Added
-
Removed
2378 R1 Esc (To Core)

Alphas
Show Image

Added
533 R1 Esc (From Core)
533 Numpad + (From Core)
533 Enter (From Core)

Removed
-

Euro
Show Image

Added
ISO (From Core)

Removed
-

Space
Show Image

Added

Removed

Those are sooooo much better OMG. The accent color spacebar in the core kit is maddening, and the gamer keys...  :confused:
I could see this set doing well with your kit structure, but tbh I don't think it'll work with the original structure.
B E I G E

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
Agree

Core
Show Image

Added
2378 Enter (New key)
2378 Numpad + (New key)

Removed
533 R2 Minus (To Alpha)
533 R3 Plus (To Alpha)
533 Numpad + (To Alpha)
533 Enter (To Alpha)
533 Esc (To Alpha)
ISO (To Euro)

Novelties
Show Image

Added
-
Removed
2378 R1 Esc (To Core)

Alphas
Show Image

Added
533 R1 Esc (From Core)
533 Numpad + (From Core)
533 Enter (From Core)

Removed
-

Euro
Show Image

Added
ISO (From Core)

Removed
-

Space
Show Image

Added

Removed

Those are sooooo much better OMG. The accent color spacebar in the core kit is maddening, and the gamer keys...  :confused:
I could see this set doing well with your kit structure, but tbh I don't think it'll work with the original structure.

I can confirm that the gamer WASD  keys have been scrapped, alpha colored spacebars have been added to the core and deep water kits and teal spacebars have been added to the spacebar kit and some other minor substitutions have been made. With those changes, I’m pretty happy with the results. The nice thing is I’m able to keep the larger kit while still being very close if not the same price range as smaller kits due to the fact I’m acting as the designer and using our store as the main vendor. Even with this size we’re looking  at close to or at $140 for the US purchases of the main kits
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 17:11:44 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 17:24:47 »
I can confirm that the gamer WASD  keys have been scrapped, alpha colored spacebars have been added to the core and deep water kits and teal spacebars have been added to the spacebar kit and some other minor substitutions have been made. With those changes, I’m pretty happy with the results. The nice thing is I’m able to keep the larger kit while still being very close if not the same price range as smaller kits due to the fact I’m acting as the designer and using our store as the main vendor. Even with this size we’re looking  at close to or at $140 for the US purchases of the main kits

Glad to hear it and happy to see that some of my suggestions were taken into consideration. I'm in for a deep water kit for sure!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 06:11:15 »
Will we get the keys above Tab and Enter in mod color too? That’s a dealbreaker for me.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 06:23:49 »
Will we get the keys above Tab and Enter in mod color too? That’s a dealbreaker for me.

Yes the keys you are referring to are not supposed to be the alpha color, that was actually a mistake.

I’ll contact GMK again and double check that those are changed in the final renders

Edit: Those keys are included in the kit, they however are below and not in the main portion, I’ll see if I can have them switched.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 06:27:56 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 11:30:55 »
Is an R3 1.75U novelty possible at all ? So i can replace the CAPS LOCK with something fun :)

Offline tskiller

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 13:33:39 »
The way these kits are organized is super frustrating. If I want both alphas, I have to rebuy all of the mods and extra caps?

Also what exactly is in the base kits? Are the opposite color WASDs in your original render not part of this anymore either? If there is euro child why is iso enter in base kit? 140$ is too expensive for a base kit.

Love the colors, but the kit choices may make this no go for me.

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:32:36 »
Not sure what's more confusing, this thread or the kits themselves. Please re-render so that your images reflect the current state of the kits, you got a nice colorway but I have no idea what's going on in this IC

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 14:49:56 »
The way these kits are organized is super frustrating. If I want both alphas, I have to rebuy all of the mods and extra caps?

Also what exactly is in the base kits? Are the opposite color WASDs in your original render not part of this anymore either? If there is euro child why is iso enter in base kit? 140$ is too expensive for a base kit.

Love the colors, but the kit choices may make this no go for me.

I can confirm that the gamer WASD keys have been scrapped...
(This is a good change, I did feel that they were unnecessary.)

ISO enter in base kit is standard mod colour, whereas the one in child kit is accented.

$140 really isn't that high for a GMK base kit with this much compat imo - I'm very glad to have ISO UK support in the base kit, which is something that's constantly cut out nowadays. The way this base kit is done is against the current trend, but personally I prefer it this way.

That said, I agree that the main post should be kept up to date with the current plan - I presume renders for that are in the works.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:43:49 »
Not sure what's more confusing, this thread or the kits themselves. Please re-render so that your images reflect the current state of the kits, you got a nice colorway but I have no idea what's going on in this IC

Renders are provided officially by GMK. I unfortunately am at the whim of their design team as they are quite busy in  their availability to work on renders. Right now,  I work with what I can to to post to this thread to keep people updated who routinely check back on discussion and are curious about the last changes, but I will update the kits in full the second I get the renders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:51:45 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:23:12 »
$140 really isn't that high for a GMK base kit with this much compat imo - I'm very glad to have ISO UK support in the base kit, which is something that's constantly cut out nowadays. The way this base kit is done is against the current trend, but personally I prefer it this way.

I don't think anyone is asking for it to be removed. But with so many sets running at $120 it gets hard to swallow a $140 base kit with some oddball color choices (which seem to be resolved now).

Offline tskiller

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:48:30 »
My biggest disapointment is that it seems in order to replicate the same color setup that has been in every single render posted so far, not only would I need to buy a second alpha set, I need to buy duplicates of every single mod as well, and maybe the sapcebar addon, too. It's not clear to me if the teal spacebar is in the base kit or not.

I wouldn't mind needing to buy just the teal alphas, I get that not everyone wants off color WASD. however, needing to buy a duplicate base kit (that is already IMO too expensive) is too much.

Your render is pretty much the reason I'm interested in this set, but in order to replicate it I'm looking at two base kits a space kit, and novelties. Best case scenario thats 280+ whatever the cost of the spacebar and novelty kits. And I wont use 75% of those caps because they are dupes or for an uncommon compatability use case.

That's kind of a raw deal.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 22:06:49 »
My biggest disapointment is that it seems in order to replicate the same color setup that has been in every single render posted so far, not only would I need to buy a second alpha set, I need to buy duplicates of every single mod as well, and maybe the sapcebar addon, too. It's not clear to me if the teal spacebar is in the base kit or not.

I wouldn't mind needing to buy just the teal alphas, I get that not everyone wants off color WASD. however, needing to buy a duplicate base kit (that is already IMO too expensive) is too much.

Your render is pretty much the reason I'm interested in this set, but in order to replicate it I'm looking at two base kits a space kit, and novelties. Best case scenario thats 280+ whatever the cost of the spacebar and novelty kits. And I wont use 75% of those caps because they are dupes or for an uncommon compatability use case.

Frankly this is what IC polls are supposed to be for -- to gauge interest for different kit elements.

That said, yes, $140 isn't bad at all for a base kit. But it was lacking what most people would consider a "normal" layout. You have a very specific and unusual set in mind; that should cost extra. Everyone else wanting a regular damn keyset shouldn't be paying that $280 just so you can have your specific preference met.

After thinking about this some more, if adding those "normal layout keys" (without taking out the various unusual keys) brings it up to $150 or $160, that's fine with me as well -- that's still on par with "big" sets like DMG and Terminal R2, and it's still quite a bit cheaper for the typical buyer.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 02:09:40 »

Are you referring to the RAMA board renders? Each of those was commissioned to represent a single base kit and possibly a novelty set if that’s something you’re interested in. The WASD wasn't popular enough to merit its existence, and although I like it, there has been quite a bit of feedback in the forms suggesting it won't be used in most cases.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2019, 03:21:52 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline ikno

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 05:55:13 »
Ah this is unfortunate. I was hoping to just pick up the deep water alpha's.
I specifically joined the GMK blanks GB so I could combine it on an ortho board.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 07:01:52 »
I specifically joined the GMK blanks GB so I could combine it on an ortho board.

Ahh I’m sorry to hear that, unfortunately I didn’t think it was likely to hit the MOQ on just the alphas if there was a full kit available. However, I plan on picking up at least one of everything myself, and if you’re still interested when the time comes, I’d be happy to part with a set of alphas myself

Offline ikno

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 07:46:31 »

Ahh I’m sorry to hear that, unfortunately I didn’t think it was likely to hit the MOQ on just the alphas if there was a full kit available. However, I plan on picking up at least one of everything myself, and if you’re still interested when the time comes, I’d be happy to part with a set of alphas myself

That would be awesome. Really like the Deepwater alpha's and was looking forward to this GB.
Good luck with the GB an I'll keep an eye on it to see how things progress.

Offline slimydog

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:31:20 »
Fantastic. Core or one of the alternative sets needs an 'Esc' key in Pantone 536C with 533C legend.

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 10:32:44 »
Deep water edition is wonderful.
Hope every kit reach moq.
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL