Author Topic: Orc Chieftain Keycap pre-sale ending soon!!  (Read 8923 times)

Offline chrisgem

• PLANFAB Shop
Orc Chieftain Keycap pre-sale ending soon!!
« on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 04:44:36 »
Hi all!

It's Christos from the Planfab team. We are a small team working in the 3d printing industry who love making stuff!

The Demon Keycap was our first keycap!!
Have a look:

Our upcoming keycap is an Orc Chieftain...

Today 30-April is the last day of the discounted pre-sale!! Find out more in our shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PLANFAB

All our keycaps are 3d modelled, 3d printed and hand painted by us.

We plan to produce metal keycaps (Bronze and Silver) as well, we think that they will be really impressive!

Comments and feedback is welcome and appreciated.
Cheers
The Planfab team
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 April 2018, 06:40:13 by chrisgem »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Artisan Demon Keycap
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 06:02:59 »
Wow! I'm usually not a fan of non functional artisans but this is just awesome. Has a Diablo feel too it IMO. :thumb:

Offline zslane

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 11:03:20 »
I don't care for artisans either, but color me impressed!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 11:31:54 »

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 21:38:00 »
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 01:56:24 »
Show Image

Wouldn't painting something by hand sorta/maybe/not really be considered the same thing?

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline wikkiwikki420

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 07:41:30 »
Kinda sad this thread is dead. The 3d printing aspect, sure... it's not the most desirable form, but I would be interested in it if a forged/metal sculpt is to be created. The hand painted aspect combined with 3d printing just is lacking for me personally because 3 of the 3 3d printed sculpts I've bought have all broke at the stem base. The pressure cooked resin based sculpts just tend to be more durable. Metal based keys, though I get my first one next week, just seem to be the strongest. I do have an interest in this sculpt, I just want to get in on it when it is no longer 3d printed. =) Thanks and hope your 2018 is going great.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 18:00:17 »
Kinda sad this thread is dead. The 3d printing aspect, sure... it's not the most desirable form, but I would be interested in it if a forged/metal sculpt is to be created. The hand painted aspect combined with 3d printing just is lacking for me personally because 3 of the 3 3d printed sculpts I've bought have all broke at the stem base. The pressure cooked resin based sculpts just tend to be more durable. Metal based keys, though I get my first one next week, just seem to be the strongest. I do have an interest in this sculpt, I just want to get in on it when it is no longer 3d printed. =) Thanks and hope your 2018 is going great.

That's a shame you've had experiences with the stems breaking. I'm more of a resin cap guy too, but I have a few caps from clackeys that I really enjoy and haven't had any quality issues with at all.

Offline chrisgem

• PLANFAB Shop
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 06:24:02 »

That's a shame you've had experiences with the stems breaking. I'm more of a resin cap guy too, but I have a few caps from clackeys that I really enjoy and haven't had any quality issues with at all.

It depends on the quality of the print, the printer, the 3d printing technology used, the material and of course the 3d model!!
Clackeys is indeed a great example of high quality 3d printed keycaps and we also didn't have any complaints so far!!
I believe that when you get your hands on a high quality 3d printed keycap, you will notice the difference immediately!!

Cheers