Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 869775 times)

Offline Rumblehotep

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2050 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:24:05 »
How do you clean drool off a keyboard

Offline Edge.d

• Dark Atelier
« Reply #2051 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:53:28 »
Baby wipes   :))
Science must begin with myths, and with the criticism of myths.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2052 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 18:58:52 »
Respectfully request an update: How many kits got shipped today?

Offline yonghf

« Reply #2053 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 21:53:43 »
Jchan, I emailed you regarding changing shipping address to a US proxy instead since you're unable to ship international. Let me know if that arrangement is possible.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2054 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 03:44:58 »
DHL was giving me a lot of grief, but I finally managed to collect mine! Thanks Joseph!

Now if only I can find some free time this weekend to build

| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #2055 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 04:02:16 »
Any realistic status on orders that haven't shipped yet?  :thumb:

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #2056 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 05:58:50 »
Full black M65-A with Mod-H switches.
Waiting for SA Carbon from massdrop (shipping next year i know), probably buy some tai hao keycaps in the mean time.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2057 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 06:55:34 »
Did anyone get shipment notifications yesterday?

« Reply #2058 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 08:44:12 »
Not me.  Really hoping mine maybe ships today or maybe Monday so I can build it over Labor Day weekend.

*fingers crossed*

Offline frobrox

« Reply #2059 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 10:50:33 »
Any feel like Cherry profile caps work better on this than SA? I bought SA Ashen for this board, and now that I've got it on there, I'm wondering if I should have gotten something else, like Honeywell.

Granted, this is all a matter of preference. It might just be more height than I'm used to.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2060 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:33:47 »
I think the height of SA compared to the large flat bezel on this board nakes everything look a little silly. Cherry or a flat profile like DSA/XDA are more attractive, with the former being better to type on than SA anyway. Win win.
keyboards.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #2061 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 11:48:46 »
I think the height of SA compared to the large flat bezel on this board nakes everything look a little silly. Cherry or a flat profile like DSA/XDA are more attractive, with the former being better to type on than SA anyway. Win win.

but but SA thundering on brass plate

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2062 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:16:03 »
I think [...] SA [...] makes everything look a little silly.

FTFY
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2063 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:47:43 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2064 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:55:07 »
Another week of nothing? Not like I'm surprised at this point though

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2065 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:18:10 »

/shrug - jchan said in the muted thread on tuesday:
PopUp finishes today.

Mc Rebirth is Wednesday.

M65A is Thursday

Muted is Friday."

I'm OK with delays, and understand sh*t happens in life that you gotta deal with, but I'm also selfish and am SUPER jealous of the m65's I'm seeing in other people's hands!

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2066 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:23:56 »

/shrug - jchan said in the muted thread on tuesday:
PopUp finishes today.

Mc Rebirth is Wednesday.

M65A is Thursday

Muted is Friday."

I'm OK with delays, and understand sh*t happens in life that you gotta deal with, but I'm also selfish and am SUPER jealous of the m65's I'm seeing in other people's hands!

Yea, I've seen that quote. Which is why I waited until Friday to ask like everyone else.

I'm in the MC Rebirth GB and haven't heard anything about shipping - tracking, shipping notification, or even a simple update in the GB thread - so I'd take that plan/schedule with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:37:32 by anthonyooiszewen »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2067 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:38:25 »

I'm waiting on this and the E8-V1... oh, and the switches I wanted from Novelkeys are out of stock...oh, and I've waited on a PCB from a vendor for over a month (supposed to come in stock 2 days ago)... and nothing anywhere.  I'm dying here.

on the bright side, I got bored and swapped out the switches in a TKL and replaced some chattery matias switches on my V60 :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:44:46 by reececonrad »

Offline gt1989

« Reply #2068 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 14:46:31 »

I'm waiting on this and the E8-V1... oh, and the switches I wanted from Novelkeys are out of stock...oh, and I've waited on a PCB from a vendor for over a month (supposed to come in stock 2 days ago)... and nothing anywhere.  I'm dying here.

Honestly, I'm not worried about getting my M65 late because Jchan has been great with the updates, the E8-V1 GB has been disappointing due to the lack of them.

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #2069 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:05:36 »
You really need to complain when you've waited this long?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2070 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:16:50 »

You really need to complain about customers complaining? You're not even in the GB.

Is it really too much to ask for updates and to expect Keyclack to keep their word? At this point some of us just want clarity and honesty - maybe a realistic ship date instead of the weekly "[Insert reason/excuse for delay] Will ship next week."
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:22:06 by anthonyooiszewen »

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2071 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:23:23 »

You really need to complain about customers complaining? You're not even in the GB.

Is it really too much to ask for updates and to expect Keyclack to keep their word?

How many successful group buys have you run where everything showed up 100% according to schedule?

It's not an easy thing.  Why do you think 9 out of 10 kick starters never deliver according to their original timeline?  Things happen outside of your control, you have to learn to deal with it.  Unless Jchan says at some point that all boards have shipped and you don't get yours (at which point raise a ruckus) then just chill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2072 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:33:22 »
Hi everyone,

Still here. Finishing up MC Rebirth, and then working on about the M65A this weekend. I have to clear the rear room where the pallets (from the M65A) are, to make room for the Muted pallet, and then move the pallets inside so I can start packing them. Who knew when you have a warehouse, you need to stay organized?

Anyways, thanks for understanding the time crunch. I'm really sorry for the whole delay in getting this out. At the end of the buy, I'll take you all through a ride of the process I've been going through. I wish I documented photos for everything, but I guess we can't dwell on the past.

In other news, things are looking up, and I'm so grateful that people are understanding of everything that is going on.

Last thing - Sorry I don't visit here everyday. I've been trying to be on my phone (when out) less often. I've noticed that it's a huge bad habit that I have nowadays, so sorry if my responses are less than optimal. Rest assured, that emails are being tended to at least once a day.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and spend it with loved ones. Cheers, and I'll keep you all updated.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2073 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:38:01 »
Jchan, I emailed you regarding changing shipping address to a US proxy instead since you're unable to ship international. Let me know if that arrangement is possible.

Uhhh, I'm not sure if I got this email. Please bump it (unless I responded... but I don't remember seeing it)

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2074 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:39:24 »

Is it really too much to ask for updates and to expect Keyclack to keep their word?

How many successful group buys have you run where everything showed up 100% according to schedule?

It's not an easy thing.  Why do you think 9 out of 10 kick starters never deliver according to their original timeline?  Things happen outside of your control, you have to learn to deal with it.  Unless Jchan says at some point that all boards have shipped and you don't get yours (at which point raise a ruckus) then just chill out.

Oh, of course. I was in the GMK Keyboard & Co GB for about a year and production hasn't even started yet. Out of the dozens of GBs I've been in, only one has ever met the initial ship date. My concern isn't about missing the original timeline - I really never expected that to be met even though Jchan was super optimistic (During the announcement he talked about how this GB won't have delays like the others). It's the constant "Will ship next week - [one or two weeks of silence] - [New unexpected delay] Will ship next week" - [one or two weeks of silence] - Repeat" that's gotten old.

Would much rather have been told to wait till September/October instead of hearing "Will ship this/next week" every couple of weeks since June. Again, just a realistic update instead of an overly optimistic new deadline that'll most likely be missed again anyway.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2075 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:49:48 »

Oh, of course. I was in the GMK Keyboard & Co GB for about a year and production hasn't even started yet. Out of the dozens of GBs I've been in, only one has ever met the initial ship date. My concern isn't about missing the original timeline - I really never expected that to be met even though Jchan was super optimistic (During the announcement he talked about how this GB won't have delays like the others). It's the constant "Will ship next week - [one or two weeks of silence] - [New unexpected delay] Will ship next week" - [one or two weeks of silence] - Repeat" that's gotten old.

Would much rather have been told to wait till September/October instead of hearing "Will ship this/next week" every couple of weeks since June. Again, just a realistic update instead of an overly optimistic new deadline that'll most likely be missed again anyway.

Hi Anthony,

I've been trying to ship boards every week.

A GB for a quality board is not just

- Design
- Order
- Pay
- Wait
- Ship out.

There is so much more organization involved in the process.

Here are many things that I do on the back end

- Talk to Customs
- Talk to a Customs Broker
- Wait for the shipment
- Make wire transfer for payments
- Ask for updates on the shipment
- Organize people's orders
- Refund people's cancels
- Adjust people's orders
- Send replacements/support stuff / email stuff / change emails
- QC 450 boards (over 1200 pieces, plate, weight, etc)

But there's a tad more to the QC process. You've seen how the boards are packed, but I also have to open the boxes, throw away the other boxes, make sure there's enough room in my dumpster, and such.

While I don't want to bore people with the little things that I do, I feel like it's now necessary to tell you that there is a lot of trash that I have to take care of with this. The boxes for this took me 4 trips to the recycling center in my Prius because I couldn't fit them all.

I also had to take 2 trips to DHL to drop off the parts that are bad because I had to pack them well in a lot of wrap to make sure they don't get damaged in transit, and try to compact them so I don't pay thousands in express air fees. Please also remember that it takes me time to load my car, move the boxes, reorganize, and such to stay optimal and efficient.

Anthony - I want to reiterate that there's a lot more to a GB than just shipping a board. A lot of people try to hide this process because it's boring and these details are not that important. I understand your frustration, but please understand that I'm frustrated that I don't have enough hours in my day to get everything out.

I hope this helps shed a little more light to what GB runners go through, and I hope people empathize with the process and stress that it takes for us to do this kind of stuff. I hope this in no way discourages people from running their own Buys, but it's definitely taken a toll on me.

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #2076 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 16:59:43 »
Oh, of course. I was in the GMK Keyboard & Co GB for about a year and production hasn't even started yet. Out of the dozens of GBs I've been in, only one has ever met the initial ship date.

I feel like you must be lucky, most buys I am in take longer than expected.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2077 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:01:08 »
Oh, of course. I was in the GMK Keyboard & Co GB for about a year and production hasn't even started yet. Out of the dozens of GBs I've been in, only one has ever met the initial ship date.

???

I think you misread. I said only one has ever been on time; all the others have been delayed by weeks and months.

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #2078 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:06:58 »

???

I think you misread. I said only one has ever been on time; all the others have been delayed by weeks and months.

Ha yeah I am a dope. 

Hi everyone,

Still here. Finishing up MC Rebirth, and then working on about the M65A this weekend. I have to clear the rear room where the pallets (from the M65A) are, to make room for the Muted pallet, and then move the pallets inside so I can start packing them. Who knew when you have a warehouse, you need to stay organized?

Anyways, thanks for understanding the time crunch. I'm really sorry for the whole delay in getting this out. At the end of the buy, I'll take you all through a ride of the process I've been going through. I wish I documented photos for everything, but I guess we can't dwell on the past.

In other news, things are looking up, and I'm so grateful that people are understanding of everything that is going on.

Last thing - Sorry I don't visit here everyday. I've been trying to be on my phone (when out) less often. I've noticed that it's a huge bad habit that I have nowadays, so sorry if my responses are less than optimal. Rest assured, that emails are being tended to at least once a day.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and spend it with loved ones. Cheers, and I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks Jchan for the even expanding the buy and all the hard work making it happen.

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #2079 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:10:43 »

Is it really too much to ask for updates and to expect Keyclack to keep their word? At this point some of us just want clarity and honesty - maybe a realistic ship date instead of the weekly "[Insert reason/excuse for delay] Will ship next week."
You're free to run your own GB. The guy is constantly updating. People like me who missed the GB can thank people like you for making sure another isn't happening.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #2080 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:11:46 »
Built my M65-A last night. Here are a few photos.

176816-0
176818-1
176820-2

Thanks for this awesome board, jchan. Well worth the wait. (Oh, and thanks for the awesome design, RAMA!)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2081 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:14:04 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for this awesome board, jchan. Well worth the wait. (Oh, and thanks for the awesome design, RAMA!)

Just saw this on Reddit, and it looks amazing. Great choice of LED, and that set is amazing. Those accents  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2082 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:34:01 »

You're free to run your own GB. The guy is constantly updating. People like me who missed the GB can thank people like you for making sure another isn't happening.

lol you're taking your salt out on other people. Jchan literally said that the buy was overwhelming and didn't wanna do another because of that reason. Not cause people complain xD

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #2083 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 17:34:18 »

?

R2 isn't happening any time soon not because people are expecting actual updates but because Keyclack took on too big of a task and is just too exhausted for another run. Seriously, how are you blaming the participants customers for this? Is it because too many of us bought into the GB when he removed the initial 200-order cutoff point for the GB? And if you're actually pissed off about that, I was in the first 200. 

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2084 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 18:27:47 »

?

R2 isn't happening any time soon not because people are expecting actual updates but because Keyclack took on too big of a task and is just too exhausted for another run. Seriously, how are you blaming the participants customers for this? Is it because too many of us bought into the GB when he removed the initial 200-order cutoff point for the GB? And if you're actually pissed off about that, I was in the first 200.

Actually, no one was in the first 200. I went in chronological order from the google sheets.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #2085 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 18:56:13 »
Actually, no one was in the first 200. I went in chronological order from the google sheets.

The order numbers aren't chronological? Or am I more confused than I think I am?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2086 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 18:58:13 »

The order numbers aren't chronological? Or am I more confused than I think I am?

When you were charged, you were charged in the order that you submitted to the Google Form.

Your order number corresponds to that number.

This is 100% irrelevant to the current state of the buy.

But I want to urge everyone to stop bringing salt in here. Thanks.

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #2087 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:11:01 »
Full black M65-A with Mod-H switches.
Waiting for SA Carbon from massdrop (shipping next year i know), probably buy some tai hao keycaps in the mean time.

Holy ****, I never thought about how good the all black version would look. Very clean, my friend!

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #2088 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:55:54 »
Hey everyone, even though I've already received my M65-A, I'd like to point a few things out, as I've been following this thread a bit:

Like in most GBs, I'm seeing some complaining in this thread, and I get it. Of course everyone wants perfectly accurate updates as often as possible and for their products to ship by the estimated time. That's a given. As customers, we want everything to be perfect and go as smooth as possible. For those that run GBs or are actually familiar with how they work, you know this is basically never possible. There are too many variables and logistic issues that can make a GB a living nightmare, not only for us, but even more-so with the vendor, because not only do they have to deal with the issue themselves, but also have to deal with all of us whining about this and that, then get hate when they try to keep up with everything, but miss something.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but when you voluntarily join a group buy like this one here, you should lose your right to complain about timelines, especially if you've been in a group buy before. Group buys are a complex thing, especially on this scale, and especially for one person to handle. Group buys are really not terribly different from buying a product via normal in-stock retail. The only difference is, instead of you doing the waiting, the vendor did the waiting for you. You never get to see all the back-end logistic issues, because you were never there. Delays are almost inevitable, and I know that putting your money in up-front should grant you certain privileges, but complaining when fairly normal GB things are happening should not be one of them. This GB is still much shorter than a lot of other ones, and even though there have been delays, they're really nothing terribly out of the ordinary, if you're a frequenter to group buys of this caliber. Having a handful of messed up parts needing replacements and not getting enough stabilizers, etc. These are all fairly minor issues in the grand scheme of a GB. Yes, it sucks you have to wait a little longer, but it's not like you won't receive your product. More-so, you're always free to ask for a refund, and he will happily oblige.

Could this GB have had a more realistic timeline? Sure, just like 99/100 GBs could. But when you put your money into it, you know you're going to be waiting and clearly you have the time for it, otherwise you would either not have joined, or waited for the extras to be in stock. Nobody should have the right to just whine about the timeline - particularly if you're used to GBs, and the GB runner is actually doing as much work as they can, which he is doing here. Jchan had to spend some of his work time in the hospital, and he's coordinating SEVERAL GBs right now. Did he bite off more than he can chew with the M65-A? Yeah, quite possibly, but he's still a genuine person and vendor, and you WILL get your items that you paid for. It's not like you're being scammed here. So please, just be patient, send words of kindness and encouragement, and look at all the pretty pictures of the M65 other people are posting. Whining about things that aren't going to change doesn't help anything, at all. Seriously, it's actually counter-productive. It doesn't make the vendor feel better or work harder. It just makes him feel disappointed in the community and unmotivated, especially if he has to spend time replying to people's hate mail, justifying himself, like I've seen in this thread a few times already. That's time when he can be putting actual work into the GBs themselves, instead of wasting it on us. I know that level of customer service is expected from a popular vendor like Jchan, but there have been TONS of updates in this thread, it's not like he's just ghosting on us.

Again, just please be patient and kind, because that's literally the fastest way to get your products. Keep up the hard work Jchan, I know first-hand how much work you do, and it makes me beyond tired just thinking about it. To all the people that support Jchan and this GB, keep it up. If you haven't been rewarded already, you will be when you open up that sweet sweet box of awesome that is the M65.  :thumb:

Offline robbles

« Reply #2090 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 20:40:31 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Wow this looks amazing! Prolly my favorite M65-A build I've seen so far.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2091 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 22:25:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, looks great!

What switches did you use?

How do you like the brass plate?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #2092 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 08:53:02 »
Hey everyone, even though I've already received my M65-A, I'd like to point a few things out, as I've been following this thread a bit:

Like in most GBs, I'm seeing some complaining in this thread, and I get it. Of course everyone wants perfectly accurate updates as often as possible and for their products to ship by the estimated time. That's a given. As customers, we want everything to be perfect and go as smooth as possible. For those that run GBs or are actually familiar with how they work, you know this is basically never possible. There are too many variables and logistic issues that can make a GB a living nightmare, not only for us, but even more-so with the vendor, because not only do they have to deal with the issue themselves, but also have to deal with all of us whining about this and that, then get hate when they try to keep up with everything, but miss something.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but when you voluntarily join a group buy like this one here, you should lose your right to complain about timelines, especially if you've been in a group buy before. Group buys are a complex thing, especially on this scale, and especially for one person to handle. Group buys are really not terribly different from buying a product via normal in-stock retail. The only difference is, instead of you doing the waiting, the vendor did the waiting for you. You never get to see all the back-end logistic issues, because you were never there. Delays are almost inevitable, and I know that putting your money in up-front should grant you certain privileges, but complaining when fairly normal GB things are happening should not be one of them. This GB is still much shorter than a lot of other ones, and even though there have been delays, they're really nothing terribly out of the ordinary, if you're a frequenter to group buys of this caliber. Having a handful of messed up parts needing replacements and not getting enough stabilizers, etc. These are all fairly minor issues in the grand scheme of a GB. Yes, it sucks you have to wait a little longer, but it's not like you won't receive your product. More-so, you're always free to ask for a refund, and he will happily oblige.

Could this GB have had a more realistic timeline? Sure, just like 99/100 GBs could. But when you put your money into it, you know you're going to be waiting and clearly you have the time for it, otherwise you would either not have joined, or waited for the extras to be in stock. Nobody should have the right to just whine about the timeline - particularly if you're used to GBs, and the GB runner is actually doing as much work as they can, which he is doing here. Jchan had to spend some of his work time in the hospital, and he's coordinating SEVERAL GBs right now. Did he bite off more than he can chew with the M65-A? Yeah, quite possibly, but he's still a genuine person and vendor, and you WILL get your items that you paid for. It's not like you're being scammed here. So please, just be patient, send words of kindness and encouragement, and look at all the pretty pictures of the M65 other people are posting. Whining about things that aren't going to change doesn't help anything, at all. Seriously, it's actually counter-productive. It doesn't make the vendor feel better or work harder. It just makes him feel disappointed in the community and unmotivated, especially if he has to spend time replying to people's hate mail, justifying himself, like I've seen in this thread a few times already. That's time when he can be putting actual work into the GBs themselves, instead of wasting it on us. I know that level of customer service is expected from a popular vendor like Jchan, but there have been TONS of updates in this thread, it's not like he's just ghosting on us.

Again, just please be patient and kind, because that's literally the fastest way to get your products. Keep up the hard work Jchan, I know first-hand how much work you do, and it makes me beyond tired just thinking about it. To all the people that support Jchan and this GB, keep it up. If you haven't been rewarded already, you will be when you open up that sweet sweet box of awesome that is the M65.  :thumb:

this is a bad take. the idea that a purchaser should not complain about the lack of clarity into shipping a product that they paid for with certain timeliness expectations should not be a norm for the community. you appeal to the failure of most group buys to run on time as a way to justify this norm but that norm isn't right and shouldn't be the baseline, imo.

jchan isn't doing this for free. if he was, i think our expectations could be modified accordingly. some people have gotten their kits while others haven't. and it's odd but it seems certain people within the community got their kits before others.

simply, people are entitled to complain about this as they are customers. if you can't handle the complaints you can decide to not run group buys or a keyboard business. i don't condone personal attacks or anything of that nature but voicing dissatisfaction should not be a taboo or unwelcomed act.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2093 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 10:16:43 »
I want to clarify some things.

1. Certain people did receive theirs, but if you're thinking about targeting Brian, he asked me a long time ago to bring it for the Seattle meetup. I took a few up there as carry on luggage.

2. The only thing I'm asking for is patience while I'm currently split between the hospital and work. While it's important to you to get a keyboard, it's important for me to visit my family.

3. You're allowed to complain, of course, but I think that you should give me a little break as I'm currently in the middle of what I'd like to call a break down from the amount of life that I'm dealing with. So please, give me a moment to stabilize life, my emotional state, and the work.

I've been in the hospital more this year, than I have my whole life. And whether it means anything to you, but my family is every thing to me. They will always take priority over any work, or keyboard, or anything in between.

4. If you're so unsatisfied with waiting, please just take a refund. Everyday I'm at the hospital, I just read the comments of what I haven't been doing, but I can only do so much at this current state.

All the boards are in - I need time to pack them. When you look at the number of boards I already packed, you don't consider how much time it still takes to process all the boards.and yes, despite being a vendor, it still takes a lot of time to do this in way you'll be satisfied with the board you get. I don't have to work weekends to do this - but I do, because I know how excited people are. And I've been itching to get this out. I don't want this sitting in my office, anymore than you do. If you wanted to know how efficiently I've been able to pack one, it takes about 15 minutes with qc not including loading them for dhl or FedEx.

And of course, if you're not happy with the state of where this is at - you are always welcomed to taking a refund.

I hope everyone understands where I'm at right now. It's the weekend, but I hope you all have a good one, and can expect these to go out as soon as they can. Thanks for understanding, and I hope these matters get resolved soon.

I'm truly sorry, but again if you are not happy - please take the refund, PayPal fees are included as well.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Offline delivery

« Reply #2094 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 10:22:02 »
I can wait no worries. Cheers, TC

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #2095 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 10:22:08 »

I'm truly sorry, but again if you are not happy - please take the refund, PayPal fees are included as well.

Jchan, feel free to send me a refunded invoice!

Seriously people, you will get your keyboard.  Be patient and understand that this is a group buy run by a single person on a hobbyist site, right in the middle of irl family issues, and it's still being run better than the SNES Classic preorders.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #2096 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 10:26:30 »
Can't wait to receive mine, I'm getting more hyped every time I see a picture of a new build. Thanks for the hard work Jchan, keep doing what you're doing.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #2097 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 11:29:56 »
Just got my Grand Budapest keys in, they're really beautiful, so much so that none of my current boards seem nice enough to use it with.
First time I've used sculpted SA and while it feels fantastic on clicky/tactile or light spring switches, on heavy linears they feel like a massive chore to use.
Definitely putting 65g zeals in my rose gold for these, can't wait!

Offline cooperred

« Reply #2098 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 12:09:29 »
Jchan, sent you a PM on reddit and an email. Need to change shipping addresses since I'm moving.

Jchan, did you get the email? Bumped it yesterday.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #2099 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 14:39:31 »
I want to clarify some things.

1. Certain people did receive theirs, but if you're thinking about targeting Brian, he asked me a long time ago to bring it for the Seattle meetup. I took a few up there as carry on luggage.

2. The only thing I'm asking for is patience while I'm currently split between the hospital and work. While it's important to you to get a keyboard, it's important for me to visit my family.

3. You're allowed to complain, of course, but I think that you should give me a little break as I'm currently in the middle of what I'd like to call a break down from the amount of life that I'm dealing with. So please, give me a moment to stabilize life, my emotional state, and the work.

I've been in the hospital more this year, than I have my whole life. And whether it means anything to you, but my family is every thing to me. They will always take priority over any work, or keyboard, or anything in between.

4. If you're so unsatisfied with waiting, please just take a refund. Everyday I'm at the hospital, I just read the comments of what I haven't been doing, but I can only do so much at this current state.

All the boards are in - I need time to pack them. When you look at the number of boards I already packed, you don't consider how much time it still takes to process all the boards.and yes, despite being a vendor, it still takes a lot of time to do this in way you'll be satisfied with the board you get. I don't have to work weekends to do this - but I do, because I know how excited people are. And I've been itching to get this out. I don't want this sitting in my office, anymore than you do. If you wanted to know how efficiently I've been able to pack one, it takes about 15 minutes with qc not including loading them for dhl or FedEx.

And of course, if you're not happy with the state of where this is at - you are always welcomed to taking a refund.

I hope everyone understands where I'm at right now. It's the weekend, but I hope you all have a good one, and can expect these to go out as soon as they can. Thanks for understanding, and I hope these matters get resolved soon.

to be clear, i'm not complaining about the state of the gb and haven't been even though it is frustrating to not have the kit yet. i get that things happen and personally i want things to go well for you in both your business and personal lives. i was merely responding to quakemz and this idea that people shouldn't complain based on the norm that group buys seem to rarely go according to plan. that's a failure of the community as a whole and shouldn't serve as an excuse which can perpetuate the phenomenon.

i can critique some of the choices you've made but i don't think that's useful or frankly healthy for you. but coming from someone who has been in business for a while (and i'm sure other group buy runners can attest to this), people will complain. the scope and validity of those complaints will vary. how you respond to them is what matters. don't let them affect you personally. especially when your personal life requires so much of you emotionally. accept they exist, and to the extent they are valid, do your best to address them. offering a refund is a nice gesture.