Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 869667 times)

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2850 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 13:39:13 »
By the way, I got the Sentraq to fit by just snipping off a little of the PCB at the top.  It came close to the traces for LEDs, but I was able to avoid them.

I'll be using the extra one Jchan is sending me with the brass plate.  Then I'll be able to swap it out whenever I want split bars vs whole.

Speaking of my mistakes, I've been using leadless solder to try to save my brain a little.  I'm assuming it's why I had a bunch of difficulty (that, and I didn't switch to my fine tip while desoldering before).  Switching and patience really helped.

If it's the fumes you are worried about, those from lead free solder are actually much more harmful due to having to use much more active flux.

God damn it.
rip

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2851 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 14:09:42 »
By the way, I got the Sentraq to fit by just snipping off a little of the PCB at the top.  It came close to the traces for LEDs, but I was able to avoid them.

I'll be using the extra one Jchan is sending me with the brass plate.  Then I'll be able to swap it out whenever I want split bars vs whole.

Speaking of my mistakes, I've been using leadless solder to try to save my brain a little.  I'm assuming it's why I had a bunch of difficulty (that, and I didn't switch to my fine tip while desoldering before).  Switching and patience really helped.

If it's the fumes you are worried about, those from lead free solder are actually much more harmful due to having to use much more active flux.

God damn it.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FZPSEY4/

Expensive, but worth it.

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
« Reply #2852 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 15:04:33 »

God damn it.

Expensive, but worth it.

I have a cheaper one of those, but I now have another fan mounted to my work light to blow stuff toward the smoke absorber.  It's definitely a far cry from the workstation hoods I had at University, but they work really well.  I also have a fan in the window to vent stuff out, and keep my room door open. 

The main thing is to just have circulation.

Offline NoChance

« Reply #2853 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 20:21:55 »

Expensive, but worth it.

I think they’re being pretty liberal with the word “absorber”. Smoke mover might be more accurate.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2854 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 20:31:31 »

Expensive, but worth it.

I think they’re being pretty liberal with the word “absorber”. Smoke mover might be more accurate.

The Carbon Filter depending on the quality does filter out the smoke in my experience.  And from the reviews, I think that others agree.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #2855 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 11:09:22 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry tracking wasn't sent out. You'll get it tomorrow and it'll go out on Friday

Any update on this?

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #2856 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 12:20:21 »
Humbly request you send these out soon, J, so people can receive them and they don't sit unguarded on our front steps... Also, coming up on a year... It would be nice if this were prioritized over other sale products, such as domes and topre pins.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2857 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 13:52:51 »
Humbly request you send these out soon, J, so people can receive them and they don't sit unguarded on our front steps...

Yeah I'm getting a bit worried about this. If mine comes in after the 16th of December, I need to find someone to come and pick it up so it doesn't get stolen or sent back since I'll be gone almost a month.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2858 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 13:53:47 »
Humbly request you send these out soon, J, so people can receive them and they don't sit unguarded on our front steps... Also, coming up on a year... It would be nice if this were prioritized over other sale products, such as domes and topre pins.

I know that shipping/QA-ing rubber domes is very different than m65-a's, but it still stings to see so much traction on so many other things :(

Since joining this group buy, my wife and I have begun trying for a baby, conceived, and are now expecting our first on new year's eve!  Here's hoping that my baby isn't brought into a cold, unforgiving world without an m65-a for her!

I will continue to wait patiently

Offline Madēo

« Reply #2859 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 18:33:05 »

I know that shipping/QA-ing rubber domes is very different than m65-a's, but it still stings to see so much traction on so many other things :(

Since joining this group buy, my wife and I have begun trying for a baby, conceived, and are now expecting our first on new year's eve!  Here's hoping that my baby isn't brought into a cold, unforgiving world without an m65-a for her!

Wow congrats buddy! Really puts into perspective the time elapsed since group buy, I seriously can't wait to for the m-65 but I have a feeling it won't be in 2017.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2860 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 22:15:06 »

Just dropped in to say congrats on the baby dude!

Offline Ouster

« Reply #2861 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 03:26:21 »
Any news about the time to run r2 of this?

For now they say no r2
I've seen Jchan recently say that R2 will be after all R1 gets shipped out. This may just be extras, I think he has enough interest after people have seen completed boards that he could run another full buy successfully.

I would personally like a chance to place an order as I only started looking into custom builds a few months ago.

Click-Clacked using Tapatalk

HHKB Hi-Pro Keycaps | Realforce Hi-Pro | KBD75 Zealios 65g | Realforce RGB

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #2862 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 03:44:28 »
Looks like JChan gave an update on M65 in one of his Instagram posts for BKE:

keyclack: @abckeyboards we're currently still processing them at this stage. At the office now packing them and should have a bunch out for tomorrow :)

Go ahead and start crossing your fingers and toes, boys n girls.  Also, that's really fantastic JJ congrats to you and your wife  :thumb:

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2863 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 08:26:05 »

For now they say no r2
I've seen Jchan recently say that R2 will be after all R1 gets shipped out. This may just be extras, I think he has enough interest after people have seen completed boards that he could run another full buy successfully.

I would personally like a chance to place an order as I only started looking into custom builds a few months ago.

Where did you see that, and how recently?  Last he posted in this thread was no R2.  He will be putting extras on his site, however.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #2864 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 08:34:33 »
Can we please have a "honest" estimate on when the last M65`s will go out? THANKS  :thumb:

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2865 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 08:42:58 »
Can we please have a "honest" estimate on when the last M65`s will go out? THANKS  :thumb:

soon ™

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #2866 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 09:15:25 »

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #2867 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:57:30 »

Congrats! We're in much the same boat. Since joining this buy my wife and I had a complicated miscarry, surgery for it, recovery from that, and then a successful one! We're expecting mid-March.

Hope your wife's pregnancy has been calmer than ours though. My wife's had a rough go of it so far. I'm hoping the M-65a's show soon so I can give the wife hers, every little distraction seems to count lately.

Offline Ouster

« Reply #2868 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:10:50 »

For now they say no r2

Where did you see that, and how recently?  Last he posted in this thread was no R2.  He will be putting extras on his site, however.
I saw it on this thread, he answered someone's question I believe about R2. He may have meant extras or the question may have been about extras like I said but I definitely saw after R1 are all shipped  more will be up for sale.

I will look for the comment when I get home tonight.

HHKB Hi-Pro Keycaps | Realforce Hi-Pro | KBD75 Zealios 65g | Realforce RGB

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2869 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 16:50:02 »

Congrats! We're in much the same boat. Since joining this buy my wife and I had a complicated miscarry, surgery for it, recovery from that, and then a successful one! We're expecting mid-March.

Hope your wife's pregnancy has been calmer than ours though. My wife's had a rough go of it so far. I'm hoping the M-65a's show soon so I can give the wife hers, every little distraction seems to count lately.

Oh man, I feel you big time!

We also dealt with a miscarriage, thankfully we didn't have to go the d&c route. Nothing has been more devastating than that experience.

Congrats to you and your wife, though!

Offline pon10

« Reply #2870 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 03:37:49 »

soon ™

Was hoping the big man was able to answer for himself :'( but he is properly gon clacking somewhere in a dome of plastic  :p

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2871 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 04:43:25 »
I've received a tracking number, so there's some going out at least.
pls gief bbv2

Offline pon10

« Reply #2872 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 05:01:05 »
I've received a tracking number, so there's some going out at least.

Great news! Thanks for sharing! :)

Offline wongie

« Reply #2873 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 05:10:23 »
Anyone know if these tracking confirmations that JChan sends out are automated or something? Reason I ask is that I just got mine a few minutes ago which I'm happy about but I'm more curious that it's like 3am and literally the middle of the night over in LA atm.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2874 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 05:51:49 »
Anyone know if these tracking confirmations that JChan sends out are automated or something? Reason I ask is that I just got mine a few minutes ago which I'm happy about but I'm more curious that it's like 3am and literally the middle of the night over in LA atm.

Pretty sure they're not automatic, as there was an error in my shipping address and JChan (or whoever was answering the emails) was replying within minutes.
pls gief bbv2

Offline wongie

« Reply #2875 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 05:57:03 »

Pretty sure they're not automatic, as there was an error in my shipping address and JChan (or whoever was answering the emails) was replying within minutes.

Guess he's really burning that midnight oil!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2876 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:00:48 »
hi everyone,

i'm sorry for not being able to meet last week's shipping date.

tldr: worst thanksgiving ever, and it's kinda dragged out through the whole weekend.

i'd rather not go into details, but it felt like one of those "reality tv shows" that some enjoy watching.

---

Anyways, I've already emailed all the tracking for whatever has been packed. I might have sent 2 trackings out, but I sent it out in the same thread. Please ignore the first one..

If you got a tracking, and are wondering what address is has been sent to, please reply to that email. I used the most updated tracking I have (according to whatever recent email you sent to me).

---

We are currently almost fulfilled with the GB.

We have (at this point) 60 outstanding units to ship out.

We currently have 80 extra units that can be claimed, most likely sometime in December, and shipped via DHL/FEDEX ONLY (because of holidays).

We also currently have about 30 or so units that are considered "B" stock due to some QC issues that I just can't give to GB participants - however, the boards will be sold with a detailed "defects" list when sold later. These are units, that cannot be fixed due to a slight CNC issue, that is (for some boards) somewhat unnoticeable.

---

Now I've been getting some emails concerning brass plates extras this, and extra something that.

Sometime in January, I will have new plates available for purchase (no gb), if anyone is interested. Most likely I'll get 50 units of brass plates, identical to the ones that people have received.

Only original GB participants can claim these.

---

Lastly, I'm currently working on a small "gift" that I'd like to give all original participants, that will be 100% free (just cover postage), but that will be revealed at a later stage, and the message will be sent to your email once I have the gift in hand, and the GB is 100% fulfilled.

---

I hope all concerns have been addressed & have a good morning to those on the East Coast.

edit:

if you have a concern, just email jchan@keyclack.com with your M65A order number as the thread title. I'll be addressing those personally, as I've been running around and haven't had a moment for anything these days.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:07:24 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline wongie

« Reply #2877 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:08:54 »

Lastly, I'm currently working on a small "gift" that I'd like to give all original participants, that will be 100% free (just cover postage), but that will be revealed at a later stage, and the message will be sent to your email once I have the gift in hand, and the GB is 100% fulfilled.

This has tickled my curiosity. That said, isn't it like 4am? Appreciate the dedication you're putting in to getting the rest of the boards sent out, but go to bed already!

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2878 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:16:14 »
Holy crap I just got tracking.

Hype levels skyrocketing

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2879 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:18:59 »

This has tickled my curiosity. That said, isn't it like 4am? Appreciate the dedication you're putting in to getting the rest of the boards sent out, but go to bed already!

4:17AM or 7:17 in East coast.

But it is 8:17PM in Beijing, and I have to stay up late sometimes to speak to our overseas partners as they have two shifts of work, and usually talk to me around this hour the most.

but most important, I wanted to email people their tracking before I finished my day, and started my next.

cheers and i hope you're excited for the gift :)

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2880 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:28:07 »
Out of curiousity, in the extra pieces (even the B stock stuff), do you have any spare aluminum bottoms? I'm very much considering switching over from nylon since I won't be using the underglow anyway.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2881 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:32:50 »
Out of curiousity, in the extra pieces (even the B stock stuff), do you have any spare aluminum bottoms? I'm very much considering switching over from nylon since I won't be using the underglow anyway.

aite last question (for the night).

most of them are top pieces unfortunately.

if i can recall correctly, 99% of all bottom pieces have been flawless (if you take away the tolerance issue with the nylon, but it is bendable and such, so it is forgiving).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2882 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 08:24:05 »
Had to double check....  yep I did order a m65-A.  Guess I’m one of the lucky few unshipped. Save the best for last, right? Right?

Offline lilschmutz

« Reply #2883 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 12:21:40 »
Had to double check....  yep I did order a m65-A.  Guess I’m one of the lucky few unshipped. Save the best for last, right? Right?

Right there with you. Still patiently waiting!

Offline jraper13

« Reply #2884 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 12:38:47 »
IVE BEEN CALLED TO THE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!! got my shipping notice today, cant wait!

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #2885 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 14:48:57 »
Yup I'm in the last group too.  I hope the small remaining number is encouraging to jchan that he can finish this buy once and for all quickly, instead of discouraging in the sense that most of the m65s have been delivered so slacking on the last bit isn't a big deal.  It's really going to be a huge pain for me to take delivery of this keyboard after a few weeks from now, as I'm taking winter vacation like many of the other people here.  PLEASE Jchan finish this buy for the love of all that is holy this is going to end up being a logistical nightmare for me.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #2886 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 15:46:24 »
Hey jchan, any word on the second set of rubber feet for people that got two bases?

Offline msilvv

« Reply #2887 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:01:13 »
mine still hasn't shipped either, we can all wait together! Hopefully the rest will all go out soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #2888 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:14:19 »
mine still hasn't shipped either, we can all wait together! Hopefully the rest will all go out soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same here.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2889 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:17:04 »
Our current timeline is to finish the units by 12/12 (rough deadline, maybe 3 extra days).

I've ordered extra rubber feet, if people are interested in those.

We'll likely have them up with the retail kits as an addon option (not replacement), addon, as the pricing was not accounted for, and was an oversight when we put the extra base option.

--

Hope this all ends soooooooooooon.

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #2890 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:51:44 »

We'll likely have them up with the retail kits as an addon option (not replacement), addon, as the pricing was not accounted for, and was an oversight when we put the extra base option.

I'm quite happy to pay extra for extra feet to go along with my extra base.  Thanks for running this GB and hope to see more from you in the future!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #2891 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 16:57:17 »

I'm quite happy to pay extra for extra feet to go along with my extra base.  Thanks for running this GB and hope to see more from you in the future!
Same, it's hard to decide which base to choose, both are nifty.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #2892 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 02:57:28 »
hi everyone,

i'm sorry for not being able to meet last week's shipping date.

tldr: worst thanksgiving ever, and it's kinda dragged out through the whole weekend.

i'd rather not go into details, but it felt like one of those "reality tv shows" that some enjoy watching.

---

Anyways, I've already emailed all the tracking for whatever has been packed. I might have sent 2 trackings out, but I sent it out in the same thread. Please ignore the first one..

If you got a tracking, and are wondering what address is has been sent to, please reply to that email. I used the most updated tracking I have (according to whatever recent email you sent to me).

---

We are currently almost fulfilled with the GB.

We have (at this point) 60 outstanding units to ship out.

We currently have 80 extra units that can be claimed, most likely sometime in December, and shipped via DHL/FEDEX ONLY (because of holidays).

We also currently have about 30 or so units that are considered "B" stock due to some QC issues that I just can't give to GB participants - however, the boards will be sold with a detailed "defects" list when sold later. These are units, that cannot be fixed due to a slight CNC issue, that is (for some boards) somewhat unnoticeable.

---

Now I've been getting some emails concerning brass plates extras this, and extra something that.

Sometime in January, I will have new plates available for purchase (no gb), if anyone is interested. Most likely I'll get 50 units of brass plates, identical to the ones that people have received.

Only original GB participants can claim these.

---

---

I hope all concerns have been addressed & have a good morning to those on the East Coast.

edit:

if you have a concern, just email jchan@keyclack.com with your M65A order number as the thread title. I'll be addressing those personally, as I've been running around and haven't had a moment for anything these days.

Hi Jchan, glad to see you doing well and that the m65-a gb is going well. i know i didnt get a brass plate in the beginning but i think i might get one now. I was wondering if there are any more spare pcbs as well?

Thank you in advance for the gift! Exciting news!

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2893 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 05:50:00 »

Same, it's hard to decide which base to choose, both are nifty.

If you decide to go for the nylon base let me know, I could buy the metal one off you.

Offline Faux

« Reply #2894 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 12:28:38 »

I'm confused on the wording of this. Does this mean that if we purchased an extra base, there are no extra included rubber feet for them?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2895 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 13:04:27 »

I'm confused on the wording of this. Does this mean that if we purchased an extra base, there are no extra included rubber feet for them?
Yup, that’s correct. You’ll need to buy the feet for your base. Like Jchan said, it was an oversight.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #2896 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 19:45:14 »
Maybe it's the cold meds but I had a dream today of an M65-A made completely out of mirrored brass.
Some day...

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #2897 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:28:22 »
Just got tracking! It's a Christmas miracle  :D This is it, my endgame board!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2898 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:38:14 »
Shipped some more just now!

Will go out later this week

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2899 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:40:46 »
Maybe it's the cold meds but I had a dream today of an M65-A made completely out of mirrored brass.
Some day...

Looked into this, it is toooo expensive.

I looked into SS too ; too expensive for any regular person.