Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 869674 times)

Offline RubenMcNoobin

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #3200 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 13:27:11 »
Now I'm just confused, I received my board two weeks ago and it's silver and has no anodizing problems and I'm almost positive I've seen hydro boards on here. I guess that the anodizing on those two colors is much more inconsistent and some of us got lucky?
Show Image

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I've seen both as well so I'm guessing it's exactly that - some were good, some were bad. He said quality issues were one of two things - CNC or anodization issues. It's just terrible luck that not only were some of them bad, but that enough of them were bad that we're where we are now with this GB.

I'm really hoping that whatever comes in today is good enough. Maybe I can have just a bit of good fortune here, if anywhere!

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3201 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:34:27 »
Now I'm just confused, I received my board two weeks ago and it's silver and has no anodizing problems and I'm almost positive I've seen hydro boards on here. I guess that the anodizing on those two colors is much more inconsistent and some of us got lucky?
Show Image

I really like the look of your setup, btw.  Nice choice of accent colors/locations

Question about the right column.  Is that actually delete or is it Home?  Trying to find a logical layout for that side.  I'd like (from top to bottom) Home - End -PgUp - PgDown but my hydro set doesn't have that compatibility :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:45:00 by reececonrad »

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #3202 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:52:04 »

Well it looks like I've got some clarification on these delays.

After waiting over a year to build an entirely Hydro based build with cables and keyset and switches, this was the kind of bad news I was dreading. I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me and even though I have the choice of an alternative color or refund, it's really disheartening to see that all my anticipation and hype might ultimately be for something I don't want or planned to have. I'm really disappointed now and just straight bummed out about it...

Now that's a real update, albeit hella late. Real bummer about your Hydro build tho. I wonder why it's so hard to get the proper color. I'd expect an anodizing facility would have the equipment and skill to reproduce a color over multiple batches, or else what's the point of getting color samples?

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #3203 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 16:58:39 »
I got fed up of waiting and decided to cancel the order, and jchan cancelled it and refunded 100% my Paypal. Great response.
For you to know it was grey and brass plate, polycarbonate and also silver bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't understand why you guys did this.myself and others have said 56937 times that we would give you the money to take your place and all youd need to do is submit an address change. What's up with no one willing to help others out?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3204 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 17:22:01 »
I got fed up of waiting and decided to cancel the order, and jchan cancelled it and refunded 100% my Paypal. Great response.
For you to know it was grey and brass plate, polycarbonate and also silver bottom.

I don't understand why you guys did this.myself and others have said 56937 times that we would give you the money to take your place and all youd need to do is submit an address change. What's up with no one willing to help others out?

becuase that's scummy and sketchy, and jchan has 80+ extras
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3205 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 17:40:40 »
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update:

Units remaining are
- Space Grey
- Hydro Blue
- Silver

Everyone other color has already gone.

- Hydro blue affected (4)
- Silver Affected (3)

---

I'm relooking at all the extras (in A & B stock), seeing what is accepted.

Remaining orders are finishing end of the month.

Remaining orders at : 13

--

If you've got an email, please send a reply so I can process your decision.

cheers! Please email if you're one of the 7 affected by the QC.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3206 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 18:52:22 »

Well it looks like I've got some clarification on these delays.

After waiting over a year to build an entirely Hydro based build with cables and keyset and switches, this was the kind of bad news I was dreading. I feel like I've had the rug pulled out from under me and even though I have the choice of an alternative color or refund, it's really disheartening to see that all my anticipation and hype might ultimately be for something I don't want or planned to have. I'm really disappointed now and just straight bummed out about it...

Now that's a real update, albeit hella late. Real bummer about your Hydro build tho. I wonder why it's so hard to get the proper color. I'd expect an anodizing facility would have the equipment and skill to reproduce a color over multiple batches, or else what's the point of getting color samples?

Yeah, it was bittersweet. On a high note though, we we're talking back and forth this evening about what to do to reach a compromise and we came to a mutual decision, with Jchan, even now, still doing the best he can. In the end of it all, once I have my M65-A here, I'll be just as relieved about getting it as I am about finally seeing this GB be settled for us all!

I can only imagine how much of an ordeal this must feel like on his end. Really glad to see he hasn't given up and is still seeing this through until the end!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 18:53:56 by RubenMcNoobin »

Offline petrock

« Reply #3207 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:00:50 »
Thanks for the update JChan. The breakdown is especially helpful!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3208 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:49:51 »
Thanks for the update. So close!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3209 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:50:45 »
Almost there! Here's my hope that I can also find an extra... A or B stock silver, hopefully, to match the M10-A.

Good luck to the remaining 13.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #3210 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 00:47:24 »
My order was for Matte Black w/ Nylon Base but I didn't get a shipping notification :(

Email incoming jchan

Offline wongie

« Reply #3211 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 03:09:55 »
As someone who received a flawless silver case I gotta say, although I feel for those yet to receive their board, I'm actually thankful, despite the looooong delay, that Jchan took the time to actually do proper QA on the cases. I can easily imagine so much negativity and pressure to ship out all the boards ASAP would mean some or many affected cases would have been overlooked for expediency's sake which is in no one's interest.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #3212 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 04:36:59 »
If anyone with an affected Hydro Blue is unable to get their preferred color, I am willing to trade my (already received) hydro blue for a space grey. We'll need to arrange shipping though.
pls gief bbv2

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #3213 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 08:03:50 »
If anyone with an affected Hydro Blue is unable to get their preferred color, I am willing to trade my (already received) hydro blue for a space grey. We'll need to arrange shipping though.

Hopefully you can arrange that because I know an A-stock Space Gray was offered for me instead of a Hydro Blue. So it's possible, just need to hope that the 3 or 4 Hydro Blues buyers with problems are on this site and see your offer.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3214 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 16:17:51 »
Shipment arrived today, all parts accounted for, quality is excellent.

Also looking for either a silver or gray or gold alu bottom in case anyone has decided they don't want theirs.

Now just waiting for silent black switches to Frankenstein some cherry zilents.

Hold fast lucky 13, yours will be worth the wait.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3215 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 16:46:19 »
I’d like to pick up an aluminum base too(space gray).  Although I do love the overall weight of the board with the plastic base.  Hoping one of these days we will see extra parts for sale

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #3216 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 18:04:39 »
Show Image

I really like the look of your setup, btw.  Nice choice of accent colors/locations

Question about the right column.  Is that actually delete or is it Home?  Trying to find a logical layout for that side.  I'd like (from top to bottom) Home - End -PgUp - PgDown but my hydro set doesn't have that compatibility :(

I run with this layout, top to bottom: Del - Pg Up - Pg Dn - Fn

| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3217 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 18:29:47 »
Show Image

I run with this layout, top to bottom: Del - Pg Up - Pg Dn - Fn

Show Image

so function+page up is home and function+page down is end I guess?  That could work!

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #3218 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:38:24 »

becuase that's scummy and sketchy, and jchan has 80+ extras
Lol. K.

Yeah you trading something THAT YOU BOUGHT to someone who doesn't mind waiting longer, that's reaaaal scummy and shady. You kids are so desperate that you'll pathetically say idiotic **** like this because you believe it somehow protects makes you look better to jchan

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2018, 21:03:52 by therealmckellar »

Offline Atredl

« Reply #3219 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:14:07 »

Option 1: Ask Jchan for refund. Get refund. Done.

Option 2: Coordinate payment from you. Set up address change w/ Jchan. If between when you pay and shipping time you change your mind, they have to refund you. If there are shipping issues, the original buyer has to be involved in the communication between you and Jchan since Jchan doesn’t have your contact info. If you want a return/refund because of defects, the original buyer has to deal with that since Jchan will refund the account that paid for the invoice.

I don’t know about you but I’ve got to know someone a bit before I’m willing to take on extra risk for them. I’m guessing that’s why people haven’t taken you up on your offer.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3220 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 22:17:31 »

Option 1: Ask Jchan for refund. Get refund. Done.

Option 2: Coordinate payment from you. Set up address change w/ Jchan. If between when you pay and shipping time you change your mind, they have to refund you. If there are shipping issues, the original buyer has to be involved in the communication between you and Jchan since Jchan doesn’t have your contact info. If you want a return/refund because of defects, the original buyer has to deal with that since Jchan will refund the account that paid for the invoice.

I don’t know about you but I’ve got to know someone a bit before I’m willing to take on extra risk for them. I’m guessing that’s why people haven’t taken you up on your offer.

basically this

it's not that it "makes us look better to jchan"

it's just less of a headache for everyone

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3221 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 09:43:46 »
One of the final 13 here, looking forward to receiving my shipping notification by Wednesday.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #3222 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 09:47:05 »
One of the final 13 here, looking forward to receiving my shipping notification by Wednesday.

Woo Malenky finally gets his board!

Are you gonna bring it to the meetup?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3223 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 09:48:29 »

Woo Malenky finally gets his board!

Are you gonna bring it to the meetup?

I meant I'm looking forward to receiving the notification by the end of the month as promised :P I really want to bring it to the meetup, there is hope yet.

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3224 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 10:55:56 »
Does anyone have a part number for the diodes? I've sent an email to support@keyclack.com, but wanted to sort it out myself if I could. One of the diodes was missing from the backspace key, which confused the hell out of me as far as QMK goes because I thought it was a split backspace issue.

Found the diode type from a search, just wondering where other people ordered theirs from. There are a LOT of results from digikey, will all of those work?

For instance, my search results from digikey: https://www.digikey.com/products/en/discrete-semiconductor-products/diodes-rectifiers-single/280?k=1N4148W&k=smt&k=SOD-123&k=smt&pkeyword=1N4148W&FV=ffe00118&mnonly=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

I ordered this part number, got 20, just in case    
1655-1360-1-ND
1N4148WTR
DIODE GEN PURP 75V 250MA SOD123

Stupid question, how are the round through diodes I got for my let's split different than this? Because I soldered one up and it did nothing...
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2018, 16:57:50 by Aesomatica »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3225 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 13:18:03 »
Anyone ever run a polycarb plate for this?  I was about to order one from bigbluesaw and just thought I would see if there are any out there already.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3226 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:38:51 »
Does anyone have a part number for the diodes? I've sent an email to support@keyclack.com, but wanted to sort it out myself if I could. One of the diodes was missing from the backspace key, which confused the hell out of me as far as QMK goes because I thought it was a split backspace issue.

Found the diode type from a search, just wondering where other people ordered theirs from. There are a LOT of results from digikey, will all of those work?

For instance, my search results from digikey: https://www.digikey.com/products/en/discrete-semiconductor-products/diodes-rectifiers-single/280?k=1N4148W&k=smt&k=SOD-123&k=smt&pkeyword=1N4148W&FV=ffe00118&mnonly=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

I ordered this part number, got 20, just in case    
1655-1360-1-ND
1N4148WTR
DIODE GEN PURP 75V 250MA SOD123

Stupid question, how are the round through diodes I got for my let's split different than this? Because I soldered one up and it did nothing...

As far as I know, they are the same. Did you make sure they were the right way around?

Offline blackginger

« Reply #3227 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 08:36:49 »
Anyone with LED issues? It was working fine for about a month then I turned on my PC last night and noticed there was an issue. Of the LED's on the bottom, only the one closest to the USB port lights up and it is stuck green. I cant even turn it off in the bootmapper software.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3228 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 09:00:33 »
Anyone with LED issues? It was working fine for about a month then I turned on my PC last night and noticed there was an issue. Of the LED's on the bottom, only the one closest to the USB port lights up and it is stuck green. I cant even turn it off in the bootmapper software.
JJwax reported the exact same issues 2-3 pages back in this thread.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3229 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 17:40:35 »

I received a response from jchan about this - he's waiting for me to send a picture, but life is crazy with a 1 month old.  I'll update when I get around to it and hear back

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3230 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 18:35:52 »
As far as I know, they are the same. Did you make sure they were the right way around?

Yes, but I'm very inexperienced with such things... Joseph is sending me replacement diodes, so I'll try those out, also ordered some from digikey.

Troubleshooting can be frustrating and fun at the same time...

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3231 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 20:00:03 »
I find many of these RGB LEDs to be incredibly unreliable and prone to giving up the ghost at any time. I've had a couple of my keyboards have the same issue with them.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3232 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 20:41:25 »
I find many of these RGB LEDs to be incredibly unreliable and prone to giving up the ghost at any time. I've had a couple of my keyboards have the same issue with them.

It's a good thing that this board looks fine w/o them on :)

So you dn't have to worry about issues down the road.  Just switch them off  :thumb:

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #3233 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 05:24:30 »

So you dn't have to worry about issues down the road.  Just switch them off  :thumb:

Yep, that's what I did with my TX1800.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3234 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 11:05:50 »
It's now the end of the month, where's my shipping info?

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3235 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 13:10:17 »

I can't even turn them off :(

Offline Aesomatica

« Reply #3236 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 15:00:39 »
Lessons learned:

1. Check your PCB and verify each switch has diodes on there before you start trying to desolder or troubleshoot your QMK keymap stuff.

2. My PCB came with several bootmagic functions enabled, which really threw me for a loop.
--left control and capslock were swapped
--left alt and left win were swapped
--right alt and right win were swapped
--win keys were disabled
--backslash and backspace were swapped

As you can imagine, it took me quite awhile to troubleshoot switches, etc.

3. I used Zeal stabs, which work quite well with this board. One of the screws on the backspace stab is super close to the halfpad up on top of the PCB.

Other than that, just awaiting my replacement diodes and learning more about QMK.

Here's hoping those remaining boards go out soon, or at least get some info on their status.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3237 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 04:53:19 »
--left alt and left win were swapped

as they should be  :p 

Offline cooperred

« Reply #3238 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 22:04:20 »

Same. They look pretty, but it freezes almost every day

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3239 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 00:12:36 »
Hi everyone,

Still waiting for a few responses for the email I sent out the other day regarding a color change.

Other than that, the remaining units are going out tomorrow, and we will be complete.

--

If you're experiencing PCB issues, I have been getting a lot of issues of the PCBs QC being weird after a lot of use. Just shoot me an email, and we'll try to troubleshoot, or worst come to shove, I'll send a replacement for it.

---

Then an inventory will be done of all remaining pieces for the extra's sale, A and B stock.

---

All pieces available in this GB will be available in some form or another (A or B stock).

---

Mousepads, are available in A and B stock.

Mousepads will be rerun for in March in another flavor.

--

Regarding future M65 sales, and what not. Unfortunately, it has come to a time where I can't support this type of big GB anymore.

We'll be having retail sales of the M65 in other color flavors in the coming months.

--

Besides that, I want to apologize for how tragic this GB has been. I never imagined it being dragged this long, and the fault is mine, and mine alone. I don't wish to get into it, as it is a lot of my personal life,  and me allowing it cross over into my work life. I understand the frustration, and everything, but it's long past it, and I apologize for the horrible experience/

Cheers, and hope your day is well.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3240 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 00:43:19 »
Are there any common issues that you let us know about with the PCBs?  Common fixes and such?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3241 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 02:09:40 »
Are there any common issues that you let us know about with the PCBs?  Common fixes and such?

The emails I have been getting are that the LEDS shut off. It's only been 3.

The fix is to reflow the usb port 5 pin connector.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3242 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 02:50:44 »

Your tracking info was emailed to you on 1/23

Offline wongie

« Reply #3243 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 03:03:57 »
We'll be having retail sales of the M65 in other color flavors in the coming months.

--

Besides that, I want to apologize for how tragic this GB has been. I never imagined it being dragged this long, and the fault is mine, and mine alone. I don't wish to get into it, as it is a lot of my personal life,  and me allowing it cross over into my work life. I understand the frustration, and everything, but it's long past it, and I apologize for the horrible experience/

Thanks jchan, despite the drama I'm sure plenty of people appreciate the time you put into setting this GB up in the first instance and sticking by it to the end. Looking forward to snooping at the extras left.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #3244 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 07:14:15 »

Your tracking info was emailed to you on 1/23

I definitely don't have it. I updated my email address for this group buy months ago, maybe you're attempting to send it to the default email address from my paypal.

Offline nerium

« Reply #3245 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 07:25:52 »
I received my board the other day. I haven't put it together yet (this will be my first) but physically, most everything looks spot on. The nylon base is a bit warped but it looks like once the screws are in, it'll be fine.

Thanks for your candor and effort in trying to get this all wrapped up, jchan. Nobody is perfect - everyone makes mistakes and sometimes handles things the wrong way. It's easy to take on a large project like this with the and realize (in the thick of it) that you've become completely overwhelmed. I for one will still be happy to make orders through KeyClack as I like the work you and your collaborators are doing. I just hope this was a lesson learned and that future projects will be a little smoother. For yours and everyone else's sake.

P.S. If anyone has any tips for first time board builders, I'm all ears  :)

I've got my Kester 24 leaded (rosin core) solder, decent Weller soldering iron, etc. but have yet to order my switches and stabs. I'm thinking R9 Zealio Zilent 78g switches (dark blue) and debating between 6.25u vs 7u spacebar. I'm primarily an HHKB guy so the 7u might suit me better. Thoughts?

Cheers.
RAMA M60-A Mist w/ BOX Royals | RAMA M65-A Mist (unbuilt) | HHKB Pro 2 | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | CM Novatouch | Poker II w/ MX Clears | Pok3r w/ MX Blues | SA Godspeed | SA Industrial | SA Ice Caps | SA Modern Selectric | DSA Dolch | GMK 3Run | Hidden Labs Thermochromic | Hot Keys Project Neon Green + Neon Orange

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3246 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 07:37:36 »

I've got my Kester 24 leaded (rosin core) solder, decent Weller soldering iron, etc. but have yet to order my switches and stabs. I'm thinking R9 Zealio Zilent 78g switches (dark blue) and debating between 6.25u vs 7u spacebar. I'm primarily an HHKB guy so the 7u might suit me better. Thoughts?

soldering is way easier than you might think. Just check out a basic tutorial video on youtube, or check out one of skiwithpete's (1up keyboards) streams.
Also, use your hands for soldering, not ears  :p

PS: 7U space is grace! ;)

Offline Valaris

« Reply #3247 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 08:00:00 »
Hi everyone,

Still waiting for a few responses for the email I sent out the other day regarding a color change.

Other than that, the remaining units are going out tomorrow, and we will be complete.

--

If you're experiencing PCB issues, I have been getting a lot of issues of the PCBs QC being weird after a lot of use. Just shoot me an email, and we'll try to troubleshoot, or worst come to shove, I'll send a replacement for it.

---

Then an inventory will be done of all remaining pieces for the extra's sale, A and B stock.

---

All pieces available in this GB will be available in some form or another (A or B stock).

---

Mousepads, are available in A and B stock.

Mousepads will be rerun for in March in another flavor.

--

Regarding future M65 sales, and what not. Unfortunately, it has come to a time where I can't support this type of big GB anymore.

--

Any chance you'll have, as part of the a and b stock extras, extra non-nylon bases?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #3248 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 16:19:52 »

Cheers.

My main pro-tip is related to the tip (ha, ha):
1. Do not use the cone tip for your soldering iron. Instead use the one that looks like a flathead screwdriver. The heat will be more concentrated on the edge of the tip and melt the solder more quickly.
2a. Make sure you heat the pin of the switch and the PCB pad for a second or two before applying the solder so that it sticks to it instead of sticking to the soldering iron when you pull it away (solder adheres to hot things). 2b. Shove the solder into the pin/pad and not the iron.
3. Give the soldering iron a few seconds between switches to heat back up.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Desoldering is what sucks.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
« Reply #3249 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 17:06:04 »
Mines.
187753-0

Build log. https://imgur.com/a/bFfTB  :D