Author Topic: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)  (Read 100533 times)

Offline forumusername

Re: [GB] AL1 (Shipping, QMK Codes Open Sourced)
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 20:20:22 »

I have not received my shipping notification yet (not sure if next Monday is what I was thinking.) Is there a way to contact you via discord since GH seems to be broken at the moment?

Thanks!

It seems like there is still issues with PM on Geekhack. 

How else can we contact you TriangleLab

I can receive emails now. I just bought a VPN account.

What email address should we use?  kbalsoran@gmail.com?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 20:29:01 »
If someone finds out how to do it, can someone please post some pictures?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 06:42:43 »
What email address should we use?  kbalsoran@gmail.com?

yes.

Offline Carifio24

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:30:32 »
I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find it: how do you put the keyboard into flashing mode for using DFU programmer?

The manufacturer forgot to put a reset key in the default layout, they also omitted a physical reset key.

So the only way to do that is to short the pins on the atmega32u4....sigh. 

There are two pins between G and H keys. Using tweezers to short these two pins is the correct way.

Thank you both for the info. I've never reset a board with like this before - so I just have the pins connected with a tweezer (or something else metal) when I turn on the PCB?

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 11:40:43 »
I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find it: how do you put the keyboard into flashing mode for using DFU programmer?

The manufacturer forgot to put a reset key in the default layout, they also omitted a physical reset key.

So the only way to do that is to short the pins on the atmega32u4....sigh. 

There are two pins between G and H keys. Using tweezers to short these two pins is the correct way.

Thank you both for the info. I've never reset a board with like this before - so I just have the pins connected with a tweezer (or something else metal) when I turn on the PCB?
https://goo.gl/images/qoKyyk

If you go to that image, it had the layout of the chip the Pcb uses.

Pin 13 is the reset pin. Do have the board connected to your PC, then touch that pin with a paperclip and it will set it to flash mode.

Make sure you pin 13 corresponds with the image. So align the chip the same way as the picture.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 11:45:16 »
Hi TriangleLab,

Sorry to keep pinging you via this forum, but I still don't have any update on my board.

Last I hear a week ago was that it was being shipped and I would receive shipping information soon.

I don't have any shipping information. I also never received a response if my board passed QC. Obviously, I would like any QC issues to be resolved before the board is shipped.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #406 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 00:34:50 »
So does anyone know how to enable the caps, scroll, and num LEDs? Im at a loss, as to how to enable them.

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:37:24 »
I'm sure this is a long shot but are there any extras available for this? I completely missed out but would like to pick a board up in this style.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:39:23 »
I'm sure this is a long shot but are there any extras available for this? I completely missed out but would like to pick a board up in this style.
terrymathews is selling his on reddit

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:42:39 »
I'll probably shoot him an offer, he's asking a fair bit over the original cost is all, thanks for the heads up :)

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 08:34:50 »
I'll probably shoot him an offer, he's asking a fair bit over the original cost is all, thanks for the heads up :)

By the time you add in shipping, insurance, and PayPal's cut it's not that much over but to each their own.

I'll always take less if you are willing to accept USPS potentially destroying your item at your expense. Insurance isn't cheap.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #411 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 05:11:28 »
So does anyone know how to enable the caps, scroll, and num LEDs? Im at a loss, as to how to enable them.

Please let me know if you find out how to do this! :)

Also, has anyone built their kits yet??
I'd love to see them :))

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 10:56:14 »
I've been wanting to build but it's been so busy

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #413 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 10:58:41 »

Please let me know if you find out how to do this! :)

Also, has anyone built their kits yet??
I'd love to see them :))
Lol I've been trying, not so experienced with QMK but will get there.

I built mine, only to realize the spacebar stabilizer was off and it was holding the keycaps down after a press, requiring a desolder of the whole thing. Not fun. Hopefully lubing the stabs fixes that.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #414 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 12:31:07 »
Triangle's repo is kind of a mess. If I don't get any takers on buying mine, I'll build it and clean up the code then get it mainlined.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #415 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 15:23:06 »
Has everyone else received their keyboards or otherwise received shipping information?

I've been getting the silent treatment (last communication was 6 days ago telling me that my keyboard would be shipping out the next day).

Offline Petch

« Reply #416 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 15:45:35 »
No keeb/shipping info here

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 16:32:01 »
I suppose it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with no information.

I'm going to give them another week and if I still don't hear back, I'll have to see what my options are.

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 03:26:31 »
All the PMs have been replied. I suppose everyone except the following 6 buyers has either received the kit or the tracking number: Petch, /u/immaterium, FeelHoodMuzik, MegalaDump, A10J12, floristfran. PM me if not.

These last 6 buyers' kits have been anodized by ALF and are on the way to Alsoran's place. The type 2 plates are the same.

Offline forumusername

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 05:06:19 »
All the PMs have been replied. I suppose everyone except the following 6 buyers has either received the kit or the tracking number: Petch, /u/immaterium, FeelHoodMuzik, MegalaDump, A10J12, floristfran. PM me if not.

These last 6 buyers' kits have been anodized by ALF and are on the way to Alsoran's place. The type 2 plates are the same.
You did not reply to my previous message.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #420 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:17:08 »
No luck on my end regarding getting the Print Num and Caps LEDs to work.

Anyone else managed to get them working?

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:15:03 »
The status of ALF-made AL1 kits (some are replacement cases):

Finished and will be shipped on next Monday:
odd,
/u/Oatburner,
 /u/noricon,
xZ3ROx,
LightningXI

Will be finished in the next week (estimated by ALF):
Petch,
/u/immaterium,
FeelHoodMuzik,
MegalaDump,
A10J12

These are all the remaining kit waiting to be fulfilled including the replacement cases required by buyers. Please tell me if you haven't received your kit and your name is not listed here.

so uhm, was the replacement case shipped?

Offline noricon

« Reply #422 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 22:56:57 »
Is there an updated status on porting the keyboard over to QMK?

Thanks!

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 23:22:09 »

Thanks!

The keyboard should already support QMK by default. Looks like the pull request is good to go, https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/3049. It just needs to be merged into master. You could also just check out the original repo trianglelab made and copy it to your qmk directory.

Offline odd

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:04:18 »

Thanks!

I got my replacement case last week,hope this info helps.

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:29:59 »
I know I'm late to the party, but are there any extras or unbuilt kits anyone is selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:32:05 »

I had Alsoran build my keyboard and my caps lock and num lock LEDs work.

I'm not sure if the third LED does anything.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 18:44:15 »

Hmm, im guessing he enabled them via QMK, I havent looked in the last few days on how to do it, will try to look again this weekend most likely. Hopefully I can find something that enables them in the build.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 22:29:04 »

Thanks!

The keyboard should already support QMK by default. Looks like the pull request is good to go, https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/3049. It just needs to be merged into master. You could also just check out the original repo trianglelab made and copy it to your qmk directory.

The Pull Request is not good to go. Olivia has been busy and hasn't had the opportunity to make the requested changes. I'll probably volunteer my services if she doesn't get to it.

Offline floris

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 01:34:25 »

Hmm, im guessing he enabled them via QMK, I havent looked in the last few days on how to do it, will try to look again this weekend most likely. Hopefully I can find something that enables them in the build.

All 3 leds worked out of the box for me. Be sure to solder the third one the other way around as the first two. The third one has the pins flipped.
Third one is for scroll lock by default.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 07:22:46 »

All 3 leds worked out of the box for me. Be sure to solder the third one the other way around as the first two. The third one has the pins flipped.
Third one is for scroll lock by default.
Yeah I have them soldered in correctly, it just doesn't seem like they're active anywhere. Like nothing is sending the signal to them to turn on. Same thing with 2 PCBs, and apparently others have had the same issue with the build.

Likely just a small thing that needs changing in the build files.

Offline noricon

« Reply #431 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:58:28 »
Alsoran built my pcb and I have no led functionality  :(

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 19:22:25 »
Anyone had any issues with their builds?

I am having trouble where I press a key such as "Q", and the keypress comes out as "qwerty".
I will press "1", and the keypress will appear as "12345".

I am wondering whether something may be shorting out?

I do have washers inbetween my screw in stabs though...

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 19:50:46 »

I am having trouble where I press a key such as "Q", and the keypress comes out as "qwerty".

I had the exact same thing except down the 9,O,L,.,RALT line.

Still no clue if I caused it or if the PCB was busted from the beginning, but I had to get a replacement PCB which now works fine. You can try what I did, specifically re-flashing the board, cleaning the PCB to make sure there isnt anything causing it to short as well. Probably want to contact Triangle Lab to go further than that.

Offline odd

« Reply #434 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 02:29:25 »
has anyone gotten a PCB that 100% works? I have 3 PCB's and all 3 have something wrong with them. Here are the issues I have

PCB 1. All keys work except the keypad 1 and 5. Typing those keys spit out random gibberish like there is a bridge on the controller pin or something. I have verified there are no bridges or anything with the controller or the traces to those keys.

PCB 2. Only about a third of the keys work on the left side of the board, none of the key register on the right side except the bottom arrow keys.

PCB 3. again about a third or less of the keys work on the whole PCB. I have not mapped them out yet but plan to do so.

On all 3 PCB's I can see nothing wrong with the chips, all traces look fine. I did notice that 1 of the boards (a replacement) has different diodes then the other 2 so I don't think it's them. All LED's work on all 3 boards from what i can tell. I am wondering if any QA was done on these PCB's since there was poor QA on the cases themselves. I have not sent any PM's yet to the GB runners I was hoping someone here has a idea or something. This is so strange I have never had this happen on any previous GB's before and much less all 3 of my PCB's being faulty.

edit:

This is the exact behavior my PCB's are doing

Still no clue if I caused it or if the PCB was busted from the beginning, but I had to get a replacement PCB which now works fine. You can try what I did, specifically re-flashing the board, cleaning the PCB to make sure there isnt anything causing it to short as well. Probably want to contact Triangle Lab to go further than that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 June 2018, 02:33:08 by odd »

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 11:43:10 »
has anyone gotten a PCB that 100% works? I have 3 PCB's and all 3 have something wrong with them. Here are the issues I have

PCB 1. All keys work except the keypad 1 and 5. Typing those keys spit out random gibberish like there is a bridge on the controller pin or something. I have verified there are no bridges or anything with the controller or the traces to those keys.

PCB 2. Only about a third of the keys work on the left side of the board, none of the key register on the right side except the bottom arrow keys.

PCB 3. again about a third or less of the keys work on the whole PCB. I have not mapped them out yet but plan to do so.

On all 3 PCB's I can see nothing wrong with the chips, all traces look fine. I did notice that 1 of the boards (a replacement) has different diodes then the other 2 so I don't think it's them. All LED's work on all 3 boards from what i can tell. I am wondering if any QA was done on these PCB's since there was poor QA on the cases themselves. I have not sent any PM's yet to the GB runners I was hoping someone here has a idea or something. This is so strange I have never had this happen on any previous GB's before and much less all 3 of my PCB's being faulty.

edit:

This is the exact behavior my PCB's are doing

I had Alsoran build my board.

All the keys work although I'm not sure how to access scroll lock so I don't know if the third LED works.

Offline ullr

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 14 June 2018, 13:27:37 »
I also have similar issues, my numpad ‘5’ key seems to send the ‘clear’ scancode (once I did get the 1 2 3 4 5 behavior) and the ‘1’ key sends the ‘End’ scan code

This is after I built and reflashed the default firmware as well

EDIT: nevermind, I’m an idiot

I just had numlock on  :)) never knew ‘5’ became clear in that instance.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 June 2018, 16:39:58 by ullr »

Offline floris

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 15 June 2018, 16:25:26 »
Soldered my AL1 today, everything works as expected. After flashing new keymap with a few keys in different locations then default keymap, the led indicator still work.

What i did notice is the indicators do not work when it's connected to my mac.

I did build the hex file using the latest qmk firmware (pasted the al1 specific files into the qmk dir), maybe that makes a difference.

Offline Petch

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 03:13:18 »

Has anyone got tracking info yet?

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #439 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 03:36:24 »

Hi Petch, your kit was shipped to the DHL proxy last week. They should have already generated the tracking number but haven't updated to Alsoran as it's the Dragon Boad Festival Holiday in China. You will find the tracking number on Paypal tomorrow.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #440 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 06:04:10 »

Hi Petch, your kit was shipped to the DHL proxy last week. They should have already generated the tracking number but haven't updated to Alsoran as it's the Dragon Boad Festival Holiday in China. You will find the tracking number on Paypal tomorrow.

Hi Triangle, I have also not received a tracking number. I believe my kit was being re-made by Alf

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 11:38:42 »
Same here as well

Offline Petch

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 06:16:45 »

Still no tracking number  :(

Offline TriangleLab

« Reply #443 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:07:32 »

Hi Triangle, I have also not received a tracking number. I believe my kit was being re-made by Alf

Same here as well

As far as I know, your kits (among the last 5 kits) are still holding by the Chinese DHL proxy. Alsoran was supposed to provide them with your addresses on Monday or Tuesday so they can generate the tracking numbers. He returned to his hometown this week and wasn't able to provide the info. He just said he can fill in the tracking numbers tomorrow.

I really hate to tell you the shipping is delayed for some reasons. I was merely reporting what Alsoran said but he was not irresponsible for his words sometimes. I hope he can answer your questions by himself so I won't be so embarrassed. However, he can't speak English, which is the reason he asked me to run the GB for him. I'm sorry for the troubles.

Offline Petch

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 09:21:31 »

Same here as well

As far as I know, your kits (among the last 5 kits) are still holding by the Chinese DHL proxy. Alsoran was supposed to provide them with your addresses on Monday or Tuesday so they can generate the tracking numbers. He returned to his hometown this week and wasn't able to provide the info. He just said he can fill in the tracking numbers tomorrow.

I really hate to tell you the shipping is delayed for some reasons. I was merely reporting what Alsoran said but he was not irresponsible for his words sometimes. I hope he can answer your questions by himself so I won't be so embarrassed. However, he can't speak English, which is the reason he asked me to run the GB for him. I'm sorry for the troubles.

My only concern is the paypal 6 month window is closing in a week or two for me. I don't mind the shipping delay itself, but I don't want to risk having it arrive after the cutoff date in bad condition

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:11:46 »
Hi Triangle,

I received my AL1 today and am very disappointed in how it was shipped. There is a large gash on the top frame. The brass weight was not screwed in place nor taped down, which ended up bending the plate. It seems like the screws for the weight were thrown in with the case and were not bagged. The silver WKL blockers are also missing.

Please see the PM I sent you regarding this.

https://imgur.com/a/ogWZsb1

Thank you

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:24:50 »
Hi Triangle,

I received my AL1 today and am very disappointed in how it was shipped. There is a large gash on the top frame. The brass weight was not screwed in place nor taped down, which ended up bending the plate. It seems like the screws for the weight were thrown in with the case and were not bagged. The silver WKL blockers are also missing.

Thank you

Are those punctures/holes in the box where something ripped through the box into the keyboard?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #447 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 13:30:53 »
Hi Triangle,

Thank you

Are those punctures/holes in the box where something ripped through the box into the keyboard?

The one on the top left of the box lines up with where the big gash on the corner is, but the foam wrapping didn't look like it had been torn so that may have been a coincidence.

Offline immaterium

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 19:17:26 »
Received mine today. Shipping was fast and packaging was sufficient, if a little crushed, and it doesn't appear any damage occurred during shipping. I noted a dent on the lower right side of the case that was anno'd over. The brass weight is tarnished, stained, and in a bad state.

Mine was one of the new blue which was re-anno'd by ALF. My first impression of the color when seeing it in person was very blue and less dark purple. I didn't think something was off with the color until I opened the WKL blockers; which are a very different color.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #449 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 04:44:41 »
Just received a email about them sending out type 2 plates !