geekhack Community > Off Topic

Started drinking and smoking ?

(1/7) > >>

tp4tissue:
Found out a bunch of peeps picked up drinking + smoking during lockdown.

The drinking is understandable,  but previously Thought smoking was only something peeps picked up in highskool, but apparently you can pick it up as an adult too.

Sniping:
easy to pick up activities that are addictive. doesn't surprise me when boredom strikes and people try new things

noisyturtle:
Thinking of picking up smoking again just to get a vaxx

suicidal_orange:
“There's a new disease that affects the respiratory system, I'm advised to stay home to avoid catching it.  I know - I'll take up a new hobby that makes my breathing crap and means I have to go to the shop more often!”

There is only one activity that possibly rivals this for stupidity and that is making babies.  That must start to hit soon, right?  First lockdown here was late March-ish...

yui:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Thu, 21 January 2021, 00:16:19 ---“There's a new disease that affects the respiratory system, I'm advised to stay home to avoid catching it.  I know - I'll take up a new hobby that makes my breathing crap and means I have to go to the shop more often!”

There is only one activity that possibly rivals this for stupidity and that is making babies.  That must start to hit soon, right?  First lockdown here was late March-ish...

--- End quote ---
a coworker of mine did that (baby not smoking, although plenty others do smoke) she is due in February. so around that time yeah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version