Author Topic: ADB-to-PS/2 conversion (use ADB keyboard on PS/2 port)  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Donut

ADB-to-PS/2 conversion (use ADB keyboard on PS/2 port)
« on: Thu, 03 April 2008, 18:54:18 »
Hi,

Some info about ADB to PS/2 conversion, i.e. using an ADB keyboard with a PS/2 port on a PC...

As far as I know, there was never a commercial product to do that alone. You could daisy-chain e.g. a Griffin iMate ADB-to-USB converter and a USB-to-PS/2 converter, but that isn't perfect (key rollover limitation).

However, there were some multi-platform KVM switches that supported use of Mac ADB keyboards & mice. Using one of those you can connect ADB keyboards to a PS/2 PC. Way too bulky if you don't actually need the KVM function, but a good solution if you do. Some units also allow the use of Sun workstation keyboards.

Another option I just discovered is shown at http://m0115.web.fc2.com/. You might be better off reading the Google Japanese-to-English translation here.

That shows translators for ADB keyboards, early Mac non-ADB keyboards, and some kind of Fujitsu word processor keyboards. It also has key scan code diagrams which might be useful to someone making their own.