Author Topic: [IC] Zambumon Verne: Custom TKL  (Read 60065 times)

Offline KevlarBear

Re: [IC] Zambumon Verne: Custom TKL
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 15:08:15 »
would you consider selling some of the 'bad' blues anyway? Maybe some people like it?

I don't see Zambumon as the B-stock kind of person

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 16:35:48 »
would you consider selling some of the 'bad' blues anyway? Maybe some people like it?

Or you don't want to be associated with 'failed' boards and therefore are reluctant to put them out in the open? If it's really bad I guess no one wants them anyway but a little bit of different blue wouldn't deter me too much.

Some friends have asked me before having the boards about the possibility of selling raw finished boards or B-stock for cerakoting. As those boards would be refinished, I'd be OK with them.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 01:28:02 »
You've been very clear that you designed this board for your own interests, tailoring it to your own tastes, which is aweslme. So I have to ask... In your opinion, what is the ideal switch for this board? It's not complete without them, and the only component left to the imagination.

Looking forward to the 24-48 hours of fooling myself into thinking I could win the raffle.

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 07:02:57 »

Or you don't want to be associated with 'failed' boards and therefore are reluctant to put them out in the open? If it's really bad I guess no one wants them anyway but a little bit of different blue wouldn't deter me too much.

Some friends have asked me before having the boards about the possibility of selling raw finished boards or B-stock for cerakoting. As those boards would be refinished, I'd be OK with them.
Would love to get a b-stock and cerakote to match some keysets, like the upcoming Tactical keyset
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 10:54:07 »
You've been very clear that you designed this board for your own interests, tailoring it to your own tastes, which is aweslme. So I have to ask... In your opinion, what is the ideal switch for this board? It's not complete without them, and the only component left to the imagination.

Looking forward to the 24-48 hours of fooling myself into thinking I could win the raffle.

Linear switches, 58s springs. I've been using retooled on two of my boards and vintage on the other one. I plan to build in the future a board with either chery silents with 58s springs or Healios. whatever is quieter.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 12:53:14 »
Is there any way to mod these so they are hotswappable?

Better yet, would you give the option of selling them hotswappable?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 12:58:08 »

that's gonna be a no
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 13:48:45 »

No.

Check the OP.

Offline blizzara01

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 14:43:52 »
I'll get Oblivion Grey if lucky enough. If not I will just wait for the Nautilus Nightmare edition.  :))

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 14:52:04 »
Just to confirm, you're not going to be offering extra PCB for sale, correct? Just the one that is included with the board.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 15:03:30 »
Just to confirm, you're not going to be offering extra PCB for sale, correct? Just the one that is included with the board.

No extra PCBs.

Offline gbchk

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 10:56:39 »
Any updates on an ETA?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 12:35:37 »

No extra PCBs.

Can always make some more? higher qty may drive down price too

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 14:00:33 »

No extra PCBs.

Can always make some more? higher qty may drive down price too

No extra PCBs.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 15:58:42 »
Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 17:01:08 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 17:42:58 »
Like the idea of buying raw finished boards or B-stock for self cerakoting or anodizing.
When will this be possible?
Love to see the creativity from every corner of the world.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline wt5now

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:12:49 »
Available Units: between 30 and 35. Raffle sale.  ---> really? so small quantities
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2019, 06:09:50 by wt5now »

Offline dont_settle

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 01:58:27 »
Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

Was the intention to be rude here? I've seen this as a welcoming community and this comes off as unnecessarily abrasive.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 05:11:23 »
Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

Was the intention to be rude here? I've seen this as a welcoming community and this comes off as unnecessarily abrasive.

If there’s any update, he will post it here.
Otherwise, you’re just acting like a “Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet oh please are we there yet?” kid in a car.

Offline sadmachine

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 06:18:09 »
Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

Otherwise, you’re just acting like a “Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet oh please are we there yet?” kid in a car.

Chill...no need to escalate. He wasn't the one who asked orig, just sayin

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 07:52:34 »

Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

He was quoting my last update: Verne will be done when it's ready. And when it's ready means when I'm ready. The cases and the PCBs have already been made, and I have both of them.

Offline maximize

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 09:59:53 »
Any updates on an ETA?

When it's ready

It had been a month since the last update. I don't get that vibe from the original question at all.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:24:11 »
It had been a month since the last update. I don't get that vibe from the original question at all.
I'm pretty sure this project is not really in "interest check" phase. Zambumon mentioned that this board has what he likes, nothing more; it's also already made and in hand.
It's also probably made in small numbers and not likely to be made more according to demand.
Sometimes people have projects that go to private group buy. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those.

Offline maximize

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 14:22:29 »
I'm pretty sure this project is not really in "interest check" phase. Zambumon mentioned that this board has what he likes, nothing more; it's also already made and in hand.
It's also probably made in small numbers and not likely to be made more according to demand.
Sometimes people have projects that go to private group buy. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those.

Oh, absolutely. I understand Zambumon has all 30-35 keyboards in hand and the apparent raffle GB will probably be posted sometime soon. But I thought it was fair to ask about the status since the boards are completed and from our perspective, everything appears to be ready to go to GB right now. Apparently that is not quite the case; we would have heard something! I'll have to ask the keyboard gods for patience.  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:47:33 »
Available Units: between 30 and 35. Raffle sale.  ---> really? so small quantities

he had 30 made, plus a handful of protos (i think 3) so yeah, that many

he'll open the gb when he's ready to do it

i have no idea when that will be even though i talk to the dude 6 out of 7 days a week

Offline typischt

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:56:11 »
i have no idea when that will be even though i talk to the dude 6 out of 7 days a week

Weird flex but ok.. :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 01:58:42 »

wasnt intended to be a flex but it would seem that it has come off as one

true flex would be knowing when the gb was gonna happen and then not telling you guys about it

considering i cant keep my mouth shut, i think most of you know thats not the case

Offline typischt

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 02:00:35 »

wasnt intended to be a flex but it would seem that it has come off as one

true flex would be knowing when the gb was gonna happen and then not telling you guys about it

considering i cant keep my mouth shut, i think most of you know thats not the case
I keed I keed, my dude. Just love that weird flex meme! :D
Totally didn‘t come off as one, btw!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 11:31:59 »
Hi there,

Yes I can confirm I chat with Puddsy on a daily basis.

I'll make sure to announce the pre-order (not really a group buy at this point) with a two-week notice, but it doesn't matter that much, just fill the IC form and if you win the raffle I'll contact you via e-mail.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 07:53:51 »
Thanks for smooth GB  :thumb:

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 07:57:19 »
Thanks for smooth GB  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Well that curiosity is solved. I wondered what Jukebox would look like on the red and of course it looks fantastic!

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:03:53 »
Did this happen already?

Offline poodude

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:25:38 »
Pretty sure it went to a private group buy.  :(

Offline Starston3

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:30:16 »
Did this happen already?

iirc not yet... Tho it might just be raffle style for those that filled out the Google form.

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:32:04 »

I filled out the IC form last year when it first came out... this is cruelty if it's true...

Offline maximize

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 13:32:32 »

Nope. Zambumon still has them in hand and will post the GB when ready.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 14:04:54 »

this is the case

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 14:05:07 »

Correct.

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #189 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 14:07:34 »

Correct.

What a relief! Thanks!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 14:48:10 »
verne terrace
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 14:50:50 »

Good day,

Here is an update regarding Verne and how it will be sold.

Back in 2018, I fronted the money for a production run of about 30 Verne keyboards. While this is not the usual approach, especially for a first-time group buy runner, it is the one I took because I felt more comfortable doing it this way.

So, here is the big news:

Next week I'll be selling 8 Oblivion Grey Verne (with either Classic or Modern layouts) using a Vickrey auction at a starting price of $410.

This is a sealed-bid auction (meaning that bidders will submit their bids without knowing the bid of the other people in the auction) where the top 8 bidders will get a board, and the price to be paid will be set by the eighth-highest bid. Only one bid per person, and a Geekhack ID created before April 1, 2019 is required to participate. I reserve the right to accept or decline your bid.

A Google form will be open from Wednesday, May 15 at 18:00 CEST to Thursday, May 16 18:00 CEST. You won't be able to modify your response, so please make sure that everything is correct before submitting your entry.

The final price will be announced not long after the form closes, and winners will be contacted at that point The winners will remain anonymous unless they want otherwise.

To sum up:
- On May 19, 8 Oblivion Grey Verne will be auctioned.
- Auction format: Vickrey auction, seal-bids. The top 8 bidders get a board, the price paid will be the eighth-highest bid.
- Only one bid per person. A Geekhack account created before April 1, 2019 is required to participate. Entries with the same shipping address will be deleted.
- Shipping: the boards will be shipped from Spain which should be 17€ for EU, around $50-$60 for the US and Canada and around $60-$70 to Asia.
- Payment: Payment will be through PayPal or SEPA (EU members only). A maximum of 4.5% in Paypal fees will be applied to your invoice.
- EU members: as the boards will be sold from Spain, please take this in consideration when bidding. A 21% VAT will be added to your invoice.
- NON-EU members: you will be responsible for any customs fees at the time of delivery.

I will decide how the rest of the boards will be sold once the auction concludes.

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:32:34 by Zambumon »

Offline gbchk

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:16:17 »
Are blue boards still slated to be sold? Last I remember you mentioned there were some issues with the color?
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:18:06 by gbchk »

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] Zambumon Verne: Custom TKL
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:19:17 »
Well, this is new.
Your baby, your choice, but man, i hope the blowbacks won’t be too much for you
And yeah there will be blowbacks for sure.
I dabble in mechanical watches, and even in that world of luxury goods, limited-stock auctions are still somewhat frowned upon.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:24:44 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:25:16 »
Are blue boards still slated to be sold? Last I remember you mentioned there were some issues with the color?

Yes, color mistmatch, and they aren't close to what we had with the prototype. I will decide how the rest of the boards will be sold once the auction concludes.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #195 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:36:36 »
I've talked to Zambumon about this idea and fully support it :thumb: This is a good way to fairly establish market prices and reallocate "flip profit" to the designer. Best of luck!

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:44:33 »
I've talked to Zambumon about this idea and fully support it :thumb: This is a good way to fairly establish market prices and reallocate "flip profit" to the designer. Best of luck!
Agreed, and very well said!

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 15:49:25 »
Hmm, your board your choice. Feels like a money grab play tho for sure.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #198 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 16:04:06 »

oh so selling the board for 410 and then watching it get flipped for 1k on MM is ok

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 16:08:38 »

oh so selling the board for 410 and then watching it get flipped for 1k on MM is ok

I never said either of those things lol