geekhack Marketplace > Classifieds

[WTB] Model-F-XT clone with Cherry switches

(1/3) > >>

AJM:
Hi,

I'm looking for a Model-F-XT clone with Cherry switches.

Important details:
- layout exactly like Model-F-XT (small left Shift, 2u vertical Enter (no BAE!), numpad-"+" may differ)
- consistently stepped keys (as on original)
- works with Soarer's converter
- case could be yellowed, but should otherwise be in good condition

Nice to have:
- German key caps
- seller located in EU/Germany
- metal inserts in screw holes of case

DALExSNAIL:

--- Quote from: AJM on Sat, 21 September 2019, 13:45:28 ---Hi,

I'm looking for a Model-F-XT clone with Cherry switches.

Important details:
- layout exactly like Model-F-XT (small left Shift, 2u vertical Enter (no BAE!), numpad-"+" may differ)
- consistently stepped keys (as on original)
- works with Soarer's converter
- case could be yellowed, but should otherwise be in good condition

Nice to have:
- German key caps
- seller located in EU/Germany
- metal inserts in screw holes of case

--- End quote ---

Is this something that already exists, or are you looking to have someone create this? Never heard of this before, but it almost sounds like you want someone to mod a Model F-XT for this.

AJM:
Oh, such a keyboard certainly exists. I had seen it in a YouTube video and sometime later thought, that could be something for me:
My favourite layout, which isn't available as a modern custom keyboard at the moment and if I don't like the original switches I can replace them with lubed Healios.
But at that point I couldn't find the video again, so I couldn't even say, what the keyboard is called.

The funny thing is, 10 seconds after I posted my request here, I did - again - go to eBay and searched for "vintage keyboard" and the very first offer that came up was exactly the keyboard from the YouTube video!
(And as it turns out - it doesn't have a name.)

Unfortunately I was just outbid on this keyboard. And tragically, the new owner will probably harvest the vintage blacks and throw the rest away, while I would primarily be interested in this "rest".  :'(

pixelpusher:
https://deskthority.net/wiki/Key_Tronic_Model_F_clone_series

That has to be a some sort of keytronic board.  The %5 key is unmistakable for BTC/Keytronic

How do you know for sure they were MX switches?  That would be a heck of a discovery.

AJM:
There were more pictures in the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-PC-Keyboard-Made-in-Taiwan-no-brand-specified-cherry-mx-black-switches-/323919290614?nma=true&si=mP8eZEl7xaDLyXNxSAFgiwV5r%252Bw%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I've brightened up one of the pictures. Interestingly something like "PDC" appeared on the switches, but they're certainly MX style, right?

The shape of the case I have seen on a lot of keyboards so far, but there are more variants to how the underside looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version