geekhack Community > Keyboards

Dsi Ask-6600

(1/4) > >>

gn022566767:
hi i am new to this forum. i am looking for a new keyboard recently and i am am tired of the membrane kind and want a Mechanical Switch keyboard. I read about all those cherry or alps switches, and did some reseach on some famous Mechanical Switch keyboards mentioned in this forums and other forums. i know i can get one from ebay for a fairly low price, but i dont want it used. and i found this Full Size Alps Mechanical Switch Keyboard ASK-6600: (link) and i am wondering if anyone has this same keyboard

and what do you guys think about this keyboard?

iMav:
I'm not aware of anyone on this forum owning that specific keyboard.

The specs mention it has Alps switches and has a "click". So, I'm guessing either black or white Alps keyswitches.

I'd give them (DSI) a call to confirm if I was you.

gn022566767:
i read that the new das is coming out, but i dont want to spend too much money on a keyboard i hope someone can tell me the quality of this dsi keyboard

ashort:
I almost want to buy one of those.  $49 is a great price for a nice tactile keyboard.

Waves77:

--- Quote from: gn022566767;5246 ---i read that the new das is coming out, but i dont want to spend too much money on a keyboard i hope someone can tell me the quality of this dsi keyboard
--- End quote ---

A Das is only $30 more... worth it for something that you'd probably spend a lot of hours a day on - if not ask to HHKB Pro 2 owners around here, they spend around $300 on one ;)

Why not used? If you have a bit of patience, a used IBM model M can be had for quite cheap on ebay (I bought one a while back for $0.99+shipping that I cleaned up for a friend) - it'll be a nice introduction to an excellent quality keyboard.

That way you'll know if keyboards is something you want to spend money on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version