geekhack Community > Keyboards

Installing HHKB Pro 2 on the Mac

(1/1)

sirhc:
Hmm.. Seems like when I first plug in the keyboard, the Command key is assigned "a"... Is there something to get over this?

sirhc:
I'm running on Leopard yep. Seems like after waking up from sleep it's not having the problem anymore... Hm.. Interesting. I'm having a great time with the keyboard! (trying to get used to the Fn arrow buttons though, haven't used arrow key-less keyboard before) Thanks Freyth! :)

sirhc:
Hm I realised that the Command key issue is due to me not switching to Mac mode for the dip switch on the keyboard (normal right?). It's working fine now and I'm just thinking how would you take care of your HHKB Pro2? Any care tips?

There's no keyboard skins available for it so I feel like I'm lowering it's lifespan whenever I type heh. My preciouss..

xsphat:
I have my HHKB Pro 2 set up with only dip switch 2 up for Mac mode and I have never had any issues with it whatsoever.

As far as protecting it, I just push in the keyboard tray when I'm not using it.

Contact BeNippon or your vendor of choice - I have seen several pictures of clear hard plastic covers that sit over the keys of the HHKB. They are really popular in Japan and they make them for most of the decent keyboards like HHKB, Topre and Filco. Specify you are looking for one for the Pro because there are special ones for the Lite 2 which have a hole cut for the arrow keys.

If you get one from BeNippon, I'll probably order one as well.

iMav:

--- Quote from: sirhc;6758 ---It's working fine now and I'm just thinking how would you take care of your HHKB Pro2? Any care tips?

There's no keyboard skins available for it so I feel like I'm lowering it's lifespan whenever I type heh. My preciouss..
--- End quote ---

No way would I use a keyboard condom on my HHKB Pro.  

I just tear mine down every so often for a nice bath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version