geekhack Marketplace > Member Auction Links

Hi-Tek Space Invaders vintage white switches

<< < (2/2)

False_Dmitry_II:
Hollow legs?

Also that seems fairly unusual to have extra spaces already there on both PCB and the plate.

dorkvader:

--- Quote from: False_Dmitry_II on Tue, 25 March 2014, 19:59:12 ---Hollow legs?

Also that seems fairly unusual to have extra spaces already there on both PCB and the plate.

--- End quote ---

It's pretty common.

Many keyboards will support multiple layouts on the PCB (usually ansi, iso, and japanese for modern ones), and it's not too uncommon to see multiple layout support on the plate as well. Most of my hall effect keyboards immediately spring to mind. This is a well-thought-out design, and I am sot surprised to see such things. Were I making a keyboard design like this, I would include extra switches where possible. I mean, the same thing happened with the phantom.

Edit: I checked the legs: they are actually quite thick.

False_Dmitry_II:
The only thing I've seen in person that would have other layout support would be my IBM stuff, even though I've never looked at the membrane (nor have I opened my AT F to make it useable). How would you cut holes in the case to use some of them?

But what did you mean by hollow legs though? I've not looked at space invader switches desoldered yet.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: dorkvader on Tue, 25 March 2014, 19:11:39 ---
There's actually places on the PCB for a LEGIT layout!

--- End quote ---

You are making me want to withdraw the sale. If I could mod the layout closer to straight-ANSI (that Delete immediately beside Enter is certain death) it would be sweet.

Why do you need more switches? This thing is 109 already!

False_Dmitry_II:
For the record, if you did do a controller replacement, what they currently say where they are is completely irrelevant. You could move delete to elsewhere and have some key that does nothing there even if you think it's a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version