Author Topic: Looking for a wireless keyboard  (Read 2741 times)

Offline MexVersteppen

Looking for a wireless keyboard
« on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 13:48:42 »
Hi there,

I have been looking for a keyboard for a while now and can't find a keyboard that meets my requirements even though I think there has to be a keyboard on the market that does.

My requirements are:
- The keyboard should be wireless
- The keyboard should be power by batteries, so it shouldn't have a rechargeable battery which means plugging it in every now and then
- The wireless connectivity should be established via a wireless USB receiver and not via Bluetooth (for a more stable connection)
- The keyboard should have a normal size
- The keyboard shouldn't have a number pad since it takes up space and I never use it
- The keyboard should have a qwerty US layout

Not really a requirement but a strong preference is that the arrow keys are next to the enter key instead of be below it. Like the keyboard from the link below.

There actually was a keyboard that seems perfect for me but I have basically looked everywhere and they are nowhere available since production is discontinued. The keyboard is the Samsung Compact Wireless USB Keyboard AA-SK6PWUB/US (link below).

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wireless-Keyboard-AA-SK6PWUB-US/dp/B00BCPJ8QE

If someone can help me either find a place where I can buy the Samsung wireless keyboard or find another keyboard that meets my requirements I would be very, very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2018, 13:50:14 by MexVersteppen »

Offline triplered1452

Re: Looking for a wireless keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 13:59:03 »
As much as I'd hate to reccomend Corsair, the K63 wireless has everything but batteries.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 14:02:30 »
Too bad you don't want Bluetooth 'cause you're missing out on one of the best.
REΛLFORCE

Offline MexVersteppen

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 14:17:56 »
Too bad you don't want Bluetooth 'cause you're missing out on one of the best.

Well I have been told that a wireless connection via a USB receiver gives a more reliable connection hence is better for gaming which I occasionally do. If my thoughts are wrong and Bluetooth is just as good I would definitely consider this keyboard. Although I tend to like low profile keys a little more than the ''high'' keys.