Author Topic: Ozempic  (Read 623 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Ozempic
« on: Sat, 13 April 2024, 20:34:50 »
So, Tp4 be watching the documentary, and it' like,  the guy straight up says, 

"It takes away the joy of eating, nothing tastes the same."

You read that and it's like, ok something is horribly wrong, if "THAT" is the cure people are paying for.

So how it works is, it's a chemical that goes in the brain, and down-regulates the pathway which regulates hunger/ desire to eat/ satiation.  It's the #1 selling diet craze/fad for a few years now. People even shell out for bootleg from compound pharmacies, and based on talking to some people (in Tp4's bad people circles), Tp4 suspects they're using illegally imported Indian precursors.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Ozempic
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 05:29:52 »
I mean ozempic is a great innovation in both type 2 diabetes treatments and weight loss. A lot of countries have a lot of people who are obese and ozempic will help greatly with that. The only real concerns that I have is that once you are on ozempic, it's hard to get off it without gaining massive amounts of weight afterwards because it's the thing keeping your appetite down, which means that you aren't really practicing good eating/healthy practices and how it's being advertised, making it so that massive amounts of people buying it, to the point where there is shortages and also us healthcare system bad as well.

This video is pretty good about ozempic I'd recommend watching it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 05:35:18 »
Yeah, I asked my doc about it and she quoted me $1.2K monthly

Rich person weight loss only, I guess :(

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 08:37:26 »
I have a friend who is an excellent cook and loves cooking and eating, but suffers from diabetes.

He has been using it for nearly a year and says that it is very effective at keeping his diabetes at bay. He has also lost considerable weight, and yes, says that he gets very hungry when he skips it.

But I worry that it is sapping his energy and enjoyment of life ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 12:01:02 »
The brain acclimates to semaglutide the same way it would to any exogenous chemical. Over time you'd need more. The documentary already mentions that even within a year or 2, the dosage has to go up.

But what happens if someone uses this stuff for say 20 years, and suddenly comes off,  are we going to see suicides like zoloft (ssri)/ antidepressants ?

This is not a fix for anything, hesitate to even call it a good patch.

307392-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 April 2024, 17:37:00 »
Another big issue, stomach paralysis. So the increase in the hormone release slows stomach emptying, and some users end up with stomach paralysis,  and there are reports that the problem continued even AFTER they stopped taking the medication.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 08:00:14 »
The brain acclimates to semaglutide the same way it would to any exogenous chemical. Over time you'd need more. The documentary already mentions that even within a year or 2, the dosage has to go up.

But what happens if someone uses this stuff for say 20 years, and suddenly comes off,  are we going to see suicides like zoloft (ssri)/ antidepressants ?

This is not a fix for anything, hesitate to even call it a good patch.

(Attachment Link)

There is no free lunch with anything in excess & taking any type of drug (for treatment or recreation) leads to an excess of whatever it mimics or forces our bodies to overproduce. Anyone who has any experience with drugs can tell you this stuff for weight loss is a terrible ideal. I get using it for diabetes or any other life threating condition cause the positives outweigh the negatives in that situation. For any other reason though, you're just asking for trouble.