Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 245514 times)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:37:43 »
My RAT 5 is pretty awful. I'm waiting out until the Ducky Secret comes out before I buy a replacement though.

I somehow missed the Ducky Secret. That looks pretty nice! I was leaning towards a Func or maybe a Steelseries if my third Razer dies, but this looks like a possibly better option.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Belfong

« Reply #351 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:59:15 »
I have not been following this thread but I do have a nagging question for Mac users. Do you guys use the Magic Trackpad that connects to the Mac via Bluetooth? I have one which connect to the MacBook Air but I find that it has very slight lag. The built in Trackpad on the Air responded much better than the wireless Magic Trackpad. That annoys me to no end because it means I can't use my HHKB with the Air if the Magic Trackpad is not as good.

What alternatives do I have? How is Magic Mouse? I really like the gestures of a trackpad so I am not sure I'd like a mouse as replacement.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 23:33:24 »
Just got my Zowie EC1-A in the post today. It's great.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Hzza

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 04:32:37 »
I'm using a Rollermouse Pro2 at work now. I had really bad RSI in my right wrist for a long time despite loads of changes to my desk/workstation (at home and at the office) and it more or less went when I started using it. Before that I was using an Evoluent Vertical mouse which helped a little but would still lead to wrist pains every now and then. I've got a Zowie FK1 I think at home, it's pretty good, not as comfortable as my old CM Spawn but performs much better. I don't get to game much these days anyway so it's largely irrelevant.

still using microsoft wom ...
I do keep one of these on my desk for the odd occasion I do need a different mouse (or when someone uses my desk). I swapped the left/right click for some Cherry microswitches I pulled from a G80-11900 which feel much nicer than the stock WMO switches (waaaay heavier though). I need to do something with the middle click as well but that's a little harder to replace as all the microswitch I can find don't fit.

Offline Corey

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 18:51:40 »
Just received a second hand Logitech Marble. It's my first fingerball, my other two being a Logitech M570 and Trackman Wheel. It's really quite different, new and fun. I can't say that I like it more than the thumbball, but it's a nice experience. Really quite smooth compared to the others.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 14:07:19 »
Im using Razer Orochi because it is the only one fit my very tiny palm and short fingers, beside I am a claw gripper. My another pointing device is Wacom Intuos 3.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 01:20:27 »
I still haven't pulled the trigger on a Zowie FK-1, because I can't find any for much below $100 :(

Still worth it? Any Aussies know where I could potentially find a better price?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:40:23 »
I still haven't pulled the trigger on a Zowie FK-1, because I can't find any for much below $100 :(

Personally, I would say yes. I've currently got a Zowie AM, Intellimouse 3.0, SteelSeries Sensei, and a Logitech G5 just sitting, all of which have been replaced by the FK1. It's been the only mouse I've been able to stick with since the Sensei. The build quality is fantastic, it fits my hand and grip perfectly. I really have no complaints about it.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:52:42 »

Personally, I would say yes. I've currently got a Zowie AM, Intellimouse 3.0, SteelSeries Sensei, and a Logitech G5 just sitting, all of which have been replaced by the FK1. It's been the only mouse I've been able to stick with since the Sensei. The build quality is fantastic, it fits my hand and grip perfectly. I really have no complaints about it.

Thanks for the reply,  sounds like I'm definitely getting one then. Just a matter of time now. ;D

Offline spectre

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 20:27:39 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 20:31:05 »
Logitech G700s

Same here.
This reminds me, I just swapped the G700s for a G502.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 11:30:43 »
The Ducky Secret looks good. And it's going to be cheap too, only 40GBP.

Hold the button underneath and scroll the wheel to change the colour which is nice and simple. It looks like it has a rubberized coating on the outside but it doesn't. It feels quite nice. Potato pics incoming.

More

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #362 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 21:16:13 »
Another weird rodent by the name of the "Cougar 550M" is quite nice.

Has a similar style to the (in)famous DA series but has a rather good quality casing.  Has no sticky rubber coating at all it's plain ABS with textured sides which is nice when you have every other manufacturer spraying and applying top coats that wear away from the body over time.

Not too heavy for me but I'm not the average limp-wristed Geekhacker hence for me personally the weight is okay for everyday usage.  The driver you download off their website automatically up dates your firmware so you can't avoid not to have the latest version installed (some might cry foul over that).

Overall it's really not bad because you can switch off all the leds so it stays quiet without attracting any attention.  I know you can get either a Grey or Blue Coloured Model but I have instead received a completely Black Coloured casing which is rather good in matching my Hiro pad  :thumb: .

I think I paid around $59.00AUD for it some months ago but have decided to try it out recently because it's time to test out various input devices instead of leaving them in their retail boxes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 August 2015, 21:18:28 by Elrick »

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 07:41:13 »
Currently using an Intellimouse 1.1 at work, and a Zowie FK-1 at home. I love both of these mice. I wish I found the Intellimouse 3.0 more comfortable, but I feel it's a tad too big to be really comfortable.

Offline dan002

« Reply #364 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 12:59:45 »
Ignoring that the left click button no longer 'clicks' and is silent. I also made the LED that glows different colors inside painted black (so the glow is only red).
110228-0
I will definitely get a transparent mouse again in the future! I like it very much.
Peace, love and keyboards.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:20:36 »
Ignoring that the left click button no longer 'clicks' and is silent. I also made the LED that glows different colors inside painted black (so the glow is only red).
(Attachment Link)
I will definitely get a transparent mouse again in the future! I like it very much.

Please let us know, is that mouse connected to a Mac  >:( ?

Offline dan002

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 19:46:06 »
No. I'm using with a Windows PC I built with an i7 4790 and GTX 970. :thumb:

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:59:56 »
(Attachment Link)

Please let us know, is that mouse connected to a Mac  >:( ?
That does resemble some of Apple's transparent best forgotten mice.  ;D

No. I'm using with a Windows PC I built with an i7 4790 and GTX 970. :thumb:
You need something more capable than that to go with that hardware, i.e. G-502, SS Rival, EC1a, EC2a, FK1or2 etc.  ^-^

Offline dan002

« Reply #368 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 06:30:08 »
I'm going to try out the Logitech g502. Should arrive in the post this week!

Offline snarfarlarkus

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 00:52:46 »
Naos 8200 and G502

Offline dan002

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:08:53 »
This is one serious gaming mouse. I can say that it feels much heavier. Probably because it's twice the size of my old mouse :D. Right now I'm grabbing drivers. I'm looking forward to tweaking the weight, dpi, surface etc.

I've attached a picture.
110586-0

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:12:00 »
I use this mouse when I'm playing competitively on the road (upper rankings so to speak):

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:08:31 »
I use this mouse when I'm playing competitively on the road (upper rankings so to speak):

Show Image

Yuck.........As I'm gouging out my eyes with a rusty fork, to be accosted by this deformed-hockey puck again, is too much to withstand here on GH.

You Sir are an extreme Sadist and shall be forever banished into the pits of Hell for even using this device that Jobsie shat out all those years ago.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:18:28 »
Using Steelseries Sensei Wireless now but since I don't game anymore I'm getting Logitech MX Master.

Should be better for browsing GH :D
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 16:55:08 »
Steelseries Rival and very happy with it. Before that I used a Logitech G500 and G500s. Optical sensor is waaay better.
| ISO |

Offline knightjp

« Reply #375 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 00:08:20 »

Show Image

Probably the 1st time that I've seen anyone use that mouse by choice.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #376 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 12:31:50 »
Yeah, right. Anybody who uses that by choice must be a glutton for self-punishment.

Right now, aim using a tablet with a high-resolution touch-screen. I use a pencil as the pointing device.
(Lenovo ANYPEN)

Offline knightjp

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 02:32:47 »
What are the reviews on the Apple Magic Trackpad as the main pointing device vs Logitech M570 trackball. Or would it be good to use both together. :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:56:20 »

Show Image

Probably the 1st time that I've seen anyone use that mouse by choice.

It's most probably a JOKE hence he or she only posted it to get a rise out of us.

Very nasty indeed but it helps get the venom nicely centered upon what Jobsie had always failed to do, make a REAL decent Computer Mouse.

Offline dan002

« Reply #379 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:55:09 »
Truth bro. That was probably a joke in response to transparent optical mouse I posted, which is not clumsy!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 10:58:45 »
Sensei Raw, Magic Trackpad, and CST2545-5W

I switch between the Sensei and CST depending on what I'm doing and only use the trackpad when I use OSX.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 11:44:27 »
I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but I really like the cheap-ass Dell mouse that I have at my work.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=330-9456

I've been using literally this same exact one for about 3 years and it's always really reliable, fits right in my hand, scrolls well, tracks well (I do a lot of Illustrator and Photoshop stuff), and I like how light and easy to move around it is.

In the time that I've had it, I've had two different much more expensive Logitech mice die at home -- one of them just started registering double-clicks instead of single-clicks, which was of course a disaster. I ended up buying another one of these cheap-ass Dells (for like $10 on Amazon, I think), and it's been working great ever since. I also have a Magic Trackpad, which is nice for gestures, but very tiring (for me anyway) if I use it for very long at all.

Believe me, I'm as baffled as anyone else. This mouse should be terrible, but it's totally not.

Offline neverused

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 12:14:29 »
I'm tinkering with this guy, trying to create a mouse so that I can go keyboard-mostly and use a thumb on this mouse when it is more convenient.

(Attachment Link)
Did this ever come to fruition?

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #383 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 12:34:01 »
It's most probably a JOKE hence he or she only posted it to get a rise out of us.
...what Jobsie had always failed to do, make a REAL decent Computer Mouse.

Seriously. I'm a lifelong Mac user, but the mice are almost always terrible.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:53:37 »
I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but I really like the cheap-ass Dell mouse that I have at my work.

Show Image

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=330-9456

I've been using literally this same exact one for about 3 years and it's always really reliable, fits right in my hand, scrolls well, tracks well (I do a lot of Illustrator and Photoshop stuff), and I like how light and easy to move around it is.

In the time that I've had it, I've had two different much more expensive Logitech mice die at home -- one of them just started registering double-clicks instead of single-clicks, which was of course a disaster. I ended up buying another one of these cheap-ass Dells (for like $10 on Amazon, I think), and it's been working great ever since. I also have a Magic Trackpad, which is nice for gestures, but very tiring (for me anyway) if I use it for very long at all.

Believe me, I'm as baffled as anyone else. This mouse should be terrible, but it's totally not.

Dell makes pretty good products, we also have these mice at work and they aren't bad.

Speaking of mice, does anyone have or have ever used the Razer Ouroboros? It has such an intriguing display case yet if I wanted to spend that kind of $$$ I'd buy a MX Master.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #385 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 01:11:59 »
I'm tinkering with this guy, trying to create a mouse so that I can go keyboard-mostly and use a thumb on this mouse when it is more convenient.

(Attachment Link)

I got it working to a point where it was somewhat usable. With acceleration I could move a cursor across my 13" screen in only a couple of swipes. Plus when rolling slow I was still be able to aim at buttons.

Unfortunately, diagonal movement is awful with this set-up.

The ball rests on four rollers. When they spin, they drive hall-effect sensors for up, down, left and right directions. The ball resists rolling against two rollers at once. It prefers one axis rather than a diagonal movement. I tried a couple similar parts to make it work (including gutting a mighty mouse for its scroll ball). Nothing seemed to work well enough.

All this work makes me need a programmable mouse so my new project is a boring thumbball.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline neverused

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 01:13:48 »

(Attachment Link)

I got it working to a point where it was somewhat usable. With acceleration I could move a cursor across my 13" screen in only a couple of swipes. Plus when rolling slow I was still be able to aim at buttons.

Unfortunately, diagonal movement is awful with this set-up.

The ball rests on four rollers. When they spin, they drive hall-effect sensors for up, down, left and right directions. The ball resists rolling against two rollers at once. It prefers one axis rather than a diagonal movement. I tried a couple similar parts to make it work (including gutting a mighty mouse for its scroll ball). Nothing seemed to work well enough.

All this work makes me need a programmable mouse so my new project is a boring thumbball.
Well good job trying, it's always a learning experience. Please be sure to pay about your next project, a build log is always nice. Good luck!

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #387 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 15:38:41 »
Dell makes pretty good products, we also have these mice at work and they aren't bad.
Dell only rebrands pointing devices. Their old mice were made by Logitech and quite rock solid; Idk who makes the latest ones.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 21:46:49 »
Dell only rebrands pointing devices. Their old mice were made by Logitech and quite rock solid; Idk who makes the latest ones.

The earlier Logitech made ones were superb, compared to the current Idk garbage  >:D .

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #389 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 00:58:00 »
SteelSeries  Rival
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #390 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 02:03:41 »
I'm using a Roccat Kone Pure Color in orange, love this mouse so much! Would not complain about it.  :D

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 04:52:56 »

Just curious, is the 5-ball significant, or just one you had lying around? I'm currently looking to grab a pool ball for my L-Trac but I need inspiration on what to pick.

The 5-ball is orange. The L-Trac is black. Just wanted traditional GH colors.  ;)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #392 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 06:51:48 »
Microsoft Trackball Optical. Yummy.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Mainian

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 08:28:26 »
Work: MX Master
Play: Zowie FK1

Offline mrgoldenzombie

• Topre is cool I guess....
« Reply #394 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 00:40:09 »
Track pad -.-
O-Ringed Black RealForce 87u  | O-Ringed Novatouch with Miami PBT

Offline kebby

« Reply #395 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 05:13:45 »
I alternate between a trackpoint and my keyboard with keynav. Very rarely do I plug in a mouse.

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #396 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:37:49 »
Logitech Proteus and a Razer Naga, Brother always steals the logitech pisses me off hahaha

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:29:01 »
Been on the G502 for a while now for gaming (still use the MX Master for work), but the mouse-wheel rattle is really starting to bother me.

Just ordered a Mionix Castor (how could I not after Elrick's rave review) and hopefully it will be my new go-to mouse.

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:33:38 »

Show Image

that was by far the worst thing apple ever made :/ 

(you know aside from switching from alps switches to membrane keyboards)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 11:40:06 »
Roccat Kone Pure Military, yay!