Author Topic: [GB] Haven60 | WK, HHKB | Project CANCELLED - MOQ not met.  (Read 9876 times)

Offline Garner

[GB] Haven60 | WK, HHKB | Project CANCELLED - MOQ not met.
« on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 12:21:02 »
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PROJECT CANCELLED - MOQ NOT MET.
YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED FROM YOUR VENDOR, REACH OUT TO THEM FOR QUESTIONS OR ISSUES.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haven60 by Garner
Unique & Customizable

Inspired by vintage Victorian furniture, the Haven60 gives a unique impression on the desk with its bold and curvy design.

Haven60 is designed to be compatible with standard 60% PCBs to support a wide range of layouts and allows you to use a PCB of your own preference.
This way the keyboard supports anything from split spacebar and split backspace to arrow keys and HHKB. Both ANSI and ISO.

Supported Layouts

PCB plate will be available in aluminum, brass and polycarbonate.

Revamped Top Mount Concept

This mounting system provides a combination of gasket mount and top mount.
The idea is that the cylindrical rubber gaskets will allow the board's flex to be adjustable.
More details and showcase further below.

Group buy info

This keyboard is sold without PCB and comes with a plate that supports a wide range of layouts for maximum customizability.
Make sure your PCB supports the listed layouts above and have USB-C placed at the top left corner (the GH60/dz60/pok3r standard).
I have compiled a list of compatible PCBs further below, (and I'm sure there are more).

There is also a matching custom wrist rest to be offered as well as a carrying case with cutout for both the keyboard and the wrist rest!

Vendors

US: Mechs & Co. - 95 units

EU: CandyKeys - 50 units

CA: Desk[H]ero - 50 units

ASIA: Zion Studios - 50 units

GB will be live from February 10th to March 11th, FCFS.
Final dispatch is expected 4-6 months after GB has ended.

Pricing

Base kit: $310 USD
Includes full keyboard kit with WK or HHKB top, gaskets, fasteners, aluminum plate and case foam.

Options:
PCB Foam+$25 USD
Brass Plate+$30 USD
PC Plate+$35 USD
Carrying case+$40 USD
Matching Wrist rest   +$80 USD

Extras / Additionals:
Extra Aluminum plate   +$25 USD
Extra Brass plate+$40 USD
Extra PC plate+$45 USD

MOQ
Keyboard: 100 units
Wrist rest: 40 units
Carrying case: 25 units

Technical information

Keyboard Size:60%
Case angle:
Weight:~1.8kg unbuilt (4lbs)
Front Height:~20mm (0.78")
Case Material:Anodized aluminum
PCB Plate Material:Aluminum, brass and polycarbonate
Gasket material:EPDM (high quality closed cell rubber)
Wrist rest material:  Anodized aluminum with clear polished polycarbonate

Color Options
Featured with the optional wrist rest.

The pictures below are only renders, for accurate colors, please see the prototype photos further below.
The single color finishes are the same color as the bottom of the two-colored versions.
The text on the bottom piece will be laser engraved like the proto in the build VOD.

Ocean Blue

Marine Blue

Stone Grey

Night Black

Earth Brown

Champagne Beige

Prototypes

Ocean Blue Full album

Stone Grey Full album

Earth Brown Full album

Prototype Tests

Hyperlapse Build and Review by Alexotos!

Prototype build video and typing test from Zion Studios!

Typing test from Filledtypes: Brass plate

Typing test from Alexotos: Polycarbonate plate

Flex configuration

Haven60's flexibility can be configured by simply adjusting the tightening of the plate screws, below are a few examples to show the span of possible flex.
Going for high flex requires you to skip case foam. Album here

The plate is allowed to move vertically thanks to the synergy between cylindrical rubber gaskets on the screws and the top frame gasket.
This means there is less stress applied to the PCB as it isn't being bent from fixed points.

Maximum flex ~3mm screw distance (m3 screw as reference) | Polycarbonate plate | PCB foam | No bottom case foam

Low flex ~1.5mm screw distance (half m3 screw as reference) | Polycarbonte Plate | PCB foam | No bottom case foam

No flex Screws fastened just until you start gettting a bit of resistance | Polycarbonate Plate | PCB foam | Bottom case foam

FAQ and other information

Does this keyboard include PCB?
No, the keyboard is designed to fit the standard 60% PCB's like dz60/gh60 with USB-C in the upper left corner.
Several PCBs have been tested during the prototype stage and I made a list of those that are confirmed compatible:

DZ60 rev. 3
DZ60 RGB v2 Hot Swap
BM60 RGB Hot swap
XD60

For HHKB with split spacebar these will likely fit:
H60 by Hineybush
NOP60 by Checkerboards

Plate files will be released when the units have been shipped out.

How can we contact you / receive news about this and future projects?
You can join the Discord channel here.
And follow my Instagram here

Forum signature code below if you'd like to support the project.  :)
Code: [Select]
[URL=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112488][img width=450 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/sKJkeSX.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 March 2022, 17:25:15 by Garner »

Offline Garner

Reserved for GB updates.

Offline Garner

Quick status message:

- Candykeys are up and running!

- Mech's & Co. has postponed the GB to launch at 4pm EST.

- Zion Studios seem to have a technical difficulty with redirection to the product page on their website, it will hopefully be resolved by the morning (their time).

- DeskHero's launch is currently delayed but they are working on getting the GB up as soon as possible!

Edit: The GB is now up and running at all vendors!  :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 February 2022, 16:15:40 by Garner »

Offline Garner

New prototype build video and sound test by Zion Studios!

Offline nathanchere

- Candykeys are up and running!

They have the ETA as "2022-02-10" - the first time-travelling GB?

Offline nathanchere

Are there any pictures of the cases? Do they fit the wrist rest as well or just the main board?

Offline Garner

Are there any pictures of the cases? Do they fit the wrist rest as well or just the main board?

Yes this album is linked under the pricing section with some photos. The carrying case fits the wrist rest below the keyboard as well.

Offline nathanchere

Candy Keys only has one wrist rest item to add despite everything else being a distinct SKU per combination of colour/plate/etc. I noticed the item ID is HAV60-OB-WR which suggests Ocean Blue for all wrist rest orders. I imagine most expect their wrist rest to match the case. Might be something you want to check up with Candy Keys about...

Offline Garner

Re: [GB] Haven60 | WK, HHKB | Project CANCELLED - MOQ not met.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 17:29:25 »
Sadly the project is cancelled due to not reaching MOQ.

All purchases will be refunded, reach out to your vendor for questions/issues.
Big thanks to those who supported the project anyway! I have other very exciting stuff going on.  :D 

Offline mcleanross

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 04:56:08 »

Big thanks to those who supported the project anyway! I have other very exciting stuff going on.  :D 

I have contacted the supplier and it is a pity that the transactions were canceled, if there is any information that can be shared here, bro.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 08:40:49 »

I have contacted the supplier and it is a pity that the transactions were canceled, if there is any information that can be shared here, bro.

The important information was shared already. MOQ wasn't met. I asked roughly how far the shortfall was and from memory I think it was like 20-30 units. So there would still be hope to try running it again maybe. I would suggest the get rid of the two-tone colour options next time, don't have duplicates like two different choices for blue, and it would fare better.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 18:13:36 »
Did everyone get their refunds? I can't find any record of getting my refund from Candykeys and I've emailed them about it, just wondered if anyone else has missed out and had it fly under the radar too.